Poverty is Denial of All Human Rights

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英語の得意な方にお願いです。長いですが、和訳をお願いします。
  • Poverty is Denial of All Human Rights. Peace should be understood in a human way in a broad social, political and economic way. Peace is threatened by unjust economic, social and political order, absence of democracy, environmental degradation and absence of human rights.
  • Poverty is the absence of all human rights. The frustrations, hostility and anger generated by abject poverty cannot sustain peace in any society. For building stable peace we must find ways to provide opportunities for people to live decent lives. The creation of opportunities for the majority of people - the poor - is at the heart of the work that we have dedicated ourselves to during the past 30 years.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語の得意な方にお願いです。

英語の得意な方にお願いです。 長いですが、和訳をお願いします。 課題で和訳をしなければならないのですが、 自分なりの、和訳が合っている自信がありません。 Poverty is Denial of All Human Rights Peace should be understood in a human way - in a broad social, political and economic way. Peace is threatened by unjust economic, social and political order, absence of democracy, environmental degradation and absence of human rights. Poverty is the absence of all human rights. The frustrations, hostility and anger generated by abject poverty cannot sustain peace in any society. For building stable peace we must find ways to provide opportunities for people to live decent lives. The creation of opportunities for the majority of people - the poor - is at the heart of the work that we have dedicated ourselves to during the past 30 years. Grameen Bank I became involved in the poverty issue not as a policymaker or a researcher. I became involved because poverty was all around me, and I could not turn away from it. In 1974, I found it difficult to teach elegant theories of economics in the university classroom, in the backdrop of a terrible famine in Bangladesh. Suddenly, I felt the emptiness of those theories in the face of crushing hunger and poverty. I wanted to do something immediate to help people around me, even if it was just one human being, to get through another day with a little more ease. That brought me face to face with poor people's struggle to find the tiniest amounts of money to support their efforts to eke out a living. I was shocked to discover a woman in the village, borrowing less than a dollar from the money-lender, on the condition that he would have the exclusive right to buy all she produces at the price he decides. This, to me, was a way of recruiting slave labor. I decided to make a list of the victims of this money-lending "business" in the village next door to our campus. お願いします><

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

貧困は全人的な権利の否定である 平和は人間的な側面から理解されるべきです。すなわち、全社会的な、政治的な、また経済的な側面から。平和は、経済・社会・政治の秩序の不公平さ、 民主主義の無視、環境の劣悪さ、人権の無視、そのようなものによって損なわれるのです。貧困とは、人としての権利が損なわれている状態です。赤貧によって引き起こされる欲求不満、対立、怒りは、その社会の平和の維持を困難なものにします。安定した平和を樹立するためには、人々が最低限の生活は送れるように、何らかの手段を講じてやらなければならなりません。多くの人々(彼らは貧しいのです)に、生活していけるだけの基盤を与えること、我々はそのための活動に過去30年の間従事してまいりました。 グラミン銀行 私は為政者として、あるいは研究者として貧困問題に携わってきたわけではありません。私が関わることになった理由は、私の周囲に常に貧困が存在しており、それから目を逸らすことができなかったからです。大学の教室で経済学のエレガントな理論を教えてなんぞいる場合じゃない、と思ったのは1974年のことです。。何しろバングラデシュの飢餓という現状がありました。 激しい飢えと貧困が目の前にして、そんな理論など虚しいものだという感じに突然襲われたのです。私は、まず自分の周囲にいる人たちを助けるべくすぐにも何かをせねばならぬと思いました。たとえたった一人の人間でもいいから、少しでも明日という日を生き延びさせてあげたいと思いました。そういった思いが、私をして、何とか生計をたてる助けになるわずかなお金を捻出するのに苦労している貧しい人たちに直接かかわらせたのです。村のある女性が、金貸しから1ドルにも満たない金額の金を借りるのに、その女性が生産するものはその金貸しの言い値で売り渡すという、独占的条件を飲まされていることを知って衝撃を受けました。 私には、こんなことは、一種の奴隷労働であるように思えました。 私は、我々の大学の隣にある村の、この金貸し「ビジネス」の被害者のリストを作成しようと決断しました。

cute-rose1018
質問者

お礼

本当にありがとうございます><

関連するQ&A

• 英語の得意な方、和訳お願いします!4

At the UN,Ogata worked for refugees. She did this not because she felt sorry for them. She did this because she believe that every person has basic human rights. She believes in the dignity of every person. Let's think about the words she has said about the human rights of children. All the children in the word have the same basic human rights. They have the right to live with their families,the right to go to school in peace,and the right to grow up in safety.

• 英語得意な方、訳して下さい(2)

英語得意な方、訳して下さい(2) JOB INTERVIEWの内容です。 As you know, I'm here all alone in Australia and since I arrived here, I have had to solely depend on myself for a living my perents are not able to provide me with any assistance so the pressure of keeping my head above water all came down on me while I'm supposed to study in college so far, I've been performing very well in college my grades are excellent and all that while working as a cleaner in the evenings.

• 英語が得意な方へ!

英語が得意な方へ! 和訳お願いします。 Needless to say I have been very very busy. Not so much with my work (well not more than or times).. but with house hold chores. Cooking, cleaning, dishes, laundry ... living all by yourself is a lot of work ... I sympathize with all the women out there :) But help is on the way ... I'm planning to hire a cleaning lady so she can help me clean my house a couple of hours a week. And for the cooking ... I actually like to cook and I think I'm getting quite good at it. But my sister is a bit worried about me. She calls and asks me how I'm doing. And then I tell her what I prepared for diner ... and it turns out that everything I make is either a Japanese or Chinese dish ... or at least I try to. So my sister complains that I'm not from Belgium any more and that I don't cook real food ... hahaha. Then I need to remind her that in Japan and China there are many people eating this food and that they are very genki ... :)Oh well ... eating waffles every day is also not good. Oh speaking of waffles I was passing by one of these vans that sell waffles. And I thought I had to take a picture for (私の名前) :)Something else ... now that my ex wife has left I'm also rearranging some things in my finances. In short I need to set up a new company and I thought I of creating giving it a Japanese sounding name. People over here get totally confused when they hear it ... but I like that :). Do you know of a nice name? My doryo suggested "matsu" ... I kind of like it. What do you think? Do you have a nicer name? That new company will own my house and all my money and I will keep it for maybe the rest of my life. So if you find a name ... I'll probably think of you for the rest of my life ... hahaha No don't take it that seriously ... but I think you're good in finding names. Please let me know your opinion. Maybe you can see my last run: as you can see I still need a lot more training :( メールの相手、会社を興そうとしているのでしょうか?長文読んで下さりありがとうございます。

• 英語の得意な方

和訳をして欲しいのです。自分でわかる部分もありますが、単語は難しくないのにつなげるとまったくと言っていいほどわかりません。 Along this cool avenue mygirl-friend led me,looking down - I recall the pleasant lines,the finely-modelled chin of her sweet kind faceーasking me questions in a soft,agreeable voice,and telling me things, pleasant things I know,though what they were I was never able to recall ・・・ Presently a Capuchin monkey,very clean,with a fur of ruddy brown and kindly hazal eyes,came down atree to us and ran beside me, looking up at me and grinnnng,and presently leaped to my shoulder. 後半のサルについての説明はわかります。やさしい薄茶色の目だの歯をむき出すだの、赤茶色の毛皮だの、肩に飛び乗るだの・・・でも、・・・Presently以前の文章の内容とつながりません。Presently以前は何を言っているのでしょうか?英語が得意なかた、教えてください!

• 英語の得意な方お願いいたします。

英語の得意な方お願いいたします。 課題なのですが、和訳が合っているのか不安なので 和訳お願いします。 Nine elected representatives of the 7 million borrowers-cum-owners of Grameen Bank have accompanied me all the way to Oslo to receive the prize. I express thanks on their behalf to the Norwegian Nobel Committee for choosing Grameen Bank for this year's Nobel Peace Prize. By giving their institution the most prestigious prize in the world, you give them unparalleled honour. Thanks to your prize, nine proud women from the villages of Bangladesh are at the ceremony today as Nobel laureates, giving an altogether new meaning to the Nobel Peace Prize. All borrowers of Grameen Bank are celebrating this day as the greatest day of their lives. They are gathering around the nearest television set in their villages all over Bangladesh , along with other villagers, to watch the proceedings of this ceremony. This years' prize gives highest honour and dignity to the hundreds of millions of women all around the world who struggle every day to make a living and bring hope for a better life for their children. This is a historic moment for them. よろしくおねがいします!!

• 英語が得意な方 和訳を助けてください。

One thing that belonged to the pressing issues of Adenauer’s first cabinet was the accommodation and integration of the refugees and the people forced to leave the former German territories in the East as well as providing aid to the victims of the war.

• 英語の得意な方、翻訳をお願いします!

英語の得意な方、翻訳をお願いします! 翻訳機能などを使ってみましたが、綺麗な日本語にならなくて困っています お願いします What do you say about people who say female bodybuilders aren't even women? I think such opinions are extremely shallow. To look at just one aspect of a person, such as the fact that they have a lot of muscle, and then say that that person is not a woman constitutes an extremely narrow viewpoint. Is bodybuilding to you in any way a rebellion? That didn't have anything to do with why I started bodybuilding, but I must say that it has been a constant battle since then. As my muscles got bigger and I got stronger, people around me started to change. That's when it started becoming necessary to fight. What do you think about the trend for women bodybuilders to alter the natural body line with breast implants? I think it's a very unfortunate trend. It looks to me like the women are being manipulated by men's wishes. It's like a fitness version of Playboy. I think that in Japan, especially, women have a very narrow concept of themselves. What do you think? You have to value yourself more and value what you think and what you want to do.The way I see it, God made lots and lots of people. Why? Because it's a good thing to have all different types of people.Each person has his or her own individuality, own character, and it's the most important thing is to express that.

• 英語が得意な方、問題をお願いいたします

( )内に入る最も適当な語句を(1)~(4)の中から選びなさい。 また、完成した文を訳しなさい。 1. My sister is in the front row in the picture. She is the one ( ) in her hands. (1)of everything (2)of some thing (3)with anything (4)with nothing 2. Japanese people exchange New Year's cards with ( ) on New Year's Day. (1)each other's (2)one another (3)each another (4)one other 3. There are ( ) in the park. (1)many lovely deer (2)many lovely deers (3)much lovely deer (4)a lovely deer 4. There were over five thousand ( ) at the demonstration for world peace. (1)people present (2)people to present (3)present people (4)to present people 5. Susan was terribly confused - really at ( ) loss. (1)a (2)an (3)the (4)無冠詞 6. In ( ) 1930s there was a lot of unemployment. (1)a (2)an (3)the (4)無冠詞 7. I met Henry by ( ) chance at the airport. (1)a (2)an (3)the (4)無冠詞 8. Even if the sun ( ) rise in the west, he would never stop loving his wife. (1)were to (2)will (3)might (4)was going 9. If real life ( A ) like a movie, John and Mary ( B ) happily ever after. Alas, though, their lives were moving apart. (1)was-will live (2)was-would live (3)were-will have lived (4)were-would have lived 10. It was a lovely, fine day. The weather couldn't have been ( ) for our school trip. (1)best (2)better (3)worse (4)worst 11. Diamonds are ( ) all substances; they can be cut by other diamonsds. (1)the hardest (2)more than hard (3)haedr of (4)hardest 12. The higher you go, ( ) it gets. Some high mountains, even in warm places, always have snow at their tops. (1)the coldest (2)the most cold (3)the colder (4)the more cold 13. The problem is ( ) will water my flowers for me. (1)if (2)or (3)how (4)who 14. Now that he was ( ) moving, he could hear the other sounds in the dark. (1)no longer (2)no more (3)not any (4)not much 15. My friend is going to fly back to California ( ) Hawaii. (1)by means of (2)by way of (3)in line with (4)in the coures of 16. This job is extremely urgent. It must be finished by tomorrow morning at all ( ) . (1)duties (2)charges (3)costs (4)necessities 17. He made a speech ( ) the committee. (1)in place with (2)by way of (3)on behalf of (4)by means with 18. This is my first trip abroad, so I'm going to ( ) it. (1)make sence of (2)make the most of (3)make off with (4)make way of 以上です。 よろしくお願いします。 間違いなどがありましたら、お知らせください。

• 英語が得意な方に質問です‼

英語が得意な方に質問です‼ フリガナをつけてください‼ 僕は英語が全く読めないので歌詞にフリガナをつけてください‼ Think of other possibilities I rather hang me up on psycho linden trees And if you find my body,wait and see,because you'll meet a creep so deep inside of me when i was kid i used to write my venus up side down but i can easily handle that by using rationalistic mind Once,I said If you really want to have a part of me You better find yourself another piece of harmony All my garbage friends now thank you for your expense I'm pretty rich enough to hide my real intensity Yaliyali tiatta littityaliya Candy candy hop he gose Slovenia, Solvakia whatever, however Amen Now sing for just a moment when i was kid i used to write my venus up side down but i can easily handle that by using rationalistic mind when i was kid i used to write my venus up side down but i can easily handle that by using rationalistic mind my lyrics gone so far and now that no one understand but to tell the truth me, myself have no idea what i'm saying when i was kid i used to write my venus up side down but i can easily handle that by using rationalistic mind

• 【大至急!】英語が得意な方!和訳お願い致します。

I often saw people buying drinks from machines, and I noticed some of them did not dispose of their cans or bottles properly. I also found the machines often spoiled the beauty of the scenery. Vending machines are not found only in Japan, and some truly do offer convenience. Still, I can't help thinking that Japan has too many of them. I've heard that there are more than 5.5 million of the machines in Japan! Are so many of them really necessary? It's a hard question to answer, but to me, the answer is "no". I don't think convenience is everything. We should consider the energy wasted, the scenery destroyed and the environment harmed by having so many "convenient" machines.