• ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします。。

よろしくお願いします。。 Tell them what you're going to tell them and then tell them. (次に何を話すか言ってから、その中身を話すんだ) How does that work? (それは どうやって?) もっと具体的に教えてほしいと言っている場面なんだと思うんですが このthatは何を差していて、work は この場合はどういう意味なんでしょう? 教えてください~

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • arakiss
  • ベストアンサー率46% (6/13)
回答No.1

2つの文章だけでは想像もつきませんが、WORKはこの場合、 仕組みの事を言及するときに使われます。例えば、携帯で 使い方が分からない場合に、「これはこうやって、このボタンを 押すと動くんだよ」という場合なんかに、It works like this way. というように使われます。Thatは、多分最初の文章の前にある質問 に対する回答なのでしょうが、聞き手がどのように効果があるか、不明 なので、「それが、どうして有効なの?」と聞いているんでしょう。

attokaiket
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 なんとなくわかりました。 仕組みというか 動作という感じなんでしょうか。。 辞書で再度確認してみます。 ありがとうございました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳を手伝ってください

They may sound somewhat peculiar to you, but that's part of what makes them work.You can rest assured that how you sing these exercises does not represent the way you will sound by the end of training program. これについて質問があります。 1 .最初の文の that は(それらはやや独特に聞こえるかもしれない)ということを表しているんですよね? 2. part of what makes them work は(それらを機能させるものの一部)と考えてよいですか? また、もしもっと自然な訳し方があれば教えてください。 3.2つめの文で省略されている単語などはありますか? 4.なぜ急にdoes not とくるんですか? 5.byは、この場合どのような意味を表しているのでしょうか? 6.熟語らしきものがあったら教えてください。 長々とすみません。

• 今日の星占い英文の翻訳をお願いします

Your people are more important than ever today -- and you need to make sure that they know it! Gather them up and take them out somewhere fun, and tell each one what they mean to you.

•  この曲の和訳をお願いできますか? もし無理なら、どんな意味の曲か教え

この曲の和訳をお願いできますか? もし無理なら、どんな意味の曲か教えて下さい! ついでにこの曲は、puccycatdollsのwhacha think about thatです!  [Missy Elliot and PCD:] (Ladies) So if your dude aint actin right, you tell that dude he got to go, If that dude be clamin that he broke, you tell that dude he got to go If he wants you to stay in the house everyday and night, you tell that dude he got to go If he wants to run the streets, Then you run the streets to and you tell him he got to go Baby, Baby somebody's gonna cry tonight, Baby (baby), Baby (baby), but it won't be my tears tonight (Lets go!) So whatcha think about that, whatcha think about it, So whatcha think about that, that, that (oh baby) Tonight we're gonna switch up, I'll do you, you do me, Tonight your gonna stay home while I run the streets What do you, what do you, what do you, what do you think about that baby, What do you, what do you, what do you, what do you think about that? Baby!, Imma let you play my part, So you can feel a broken heart, Let me just talk, make sure that you call So I can say it Baby, Baby somebody's gonna cry tonight, Baby (baby), Baby (baby), but it won't be my tears tonight So whatcha think about that, whatcha think about it, So whatcha think about that, that, that (oh baby) Tonight your gonna call me a thousand times, Tonight I'mma make up a thousand lies How do you, How do you, How do you, How do you feel about that baby, How do you, How do you, How do you, How do you feel about that?

• 英訳をお願いします

What you have to learn, if you are to be a good citizen of the world, is that though you will certainly dislike many of your neighbours , and differ from some of them so strongly that you could not possibly live in the same house with them, that does not give you the smallest right to injure them or even to be personally uncivil to them.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

When are people going to stop calling Social Security and Medicare "entitlement" programs? They're not "entitlements" - they're insurance programs that you pay into! If I pay you $15,000 for a car with automatic windows and then you deliver me a car without them, it's fraud and I should sue you! So why is it not fraud if you offer me a 65 year retirement age, and then you change it to 67 after I've paid in???

• 英文和訳をお願いします

And so the customer, of course, is the housewife. What do they pay us for ? I do not know how many people in the world make soap, but there are a great many. And I can’t tell you the difference between one kind of soap or the other. And why does the buyer have a preference, and a strong one, by the way? What does it do for her? Why is she willing to buy from us when on the same shelves in the US or in Japan or in Germany there are soaps from five other soap manufacturers? She usually does not even look at them. She reaches out for that soap. Why? What does she see? What does she want? Try to work on this.

• "To that"について

以下はロイターのweb版にあった一節です。 "But when you try to tell the victims that their penises are still there, they tell you that it's become tiny or that they've become impotent. To that I tell them, 'How do you know if you haven't gone home and tried it'," he said. このパラグラフの中程にある"To that"とはどのような意味・用法で使われているのでしょうか? そして訳すとしたらどのような形になるのでしょうか? お手数ですが、どなたかご教示お願いいたします。

• フォレストガンプの名セリフの訳仕方

名作フォレストガンプの有名なセリフで " You never know what you're going to get." がありますがどうしてあなたは食べるまで中身は分からないと訳す事が出来るのでしょうか? 全くの英語の初心者だからこそ疑問があります。 " あなたが食べようとする物は決してわからない" と訳すと思うのですが、whatには~するまでという意味があるのでしょうか? 辞書にはそんな事は書いていませんでした。 食べるまで中身は分からないと訳せるのか教えて下さい。

• 訳教えてください

Oh right, sorry I forgot to right about the flag! その旗のこと忘れてた、ごめんね。 Hmm, I have been thinking about the case, and what I read from the site, I don't think that it is possible for you to buy them, becouse the only way the exept money is cash on delivery. ンー私はそのサイトを読んでずっと考えていたけど それらをあなたが買うのは不可能だと思うよ。 なぜなら現金以外ではカードで配達だから Meaning that when you go to a post-office and they have your package there then you pay it and then you can take it home with you. どういう意味かというと、ポストに行った時(サイトの) 彼らはあなたの小包を持ち、その時代金を払う。 で、あなたは家にもって行くことができる。 But then again, could they send the package to so far as Japan? I'm not sure. But hey, しかし小包を日本に送る事が出来る?わからない。 what if I ask them do they send packages to othercountries, then I will tell you when I get the answer from them? しかしもし私がそこに、他の国に送れるか、尋ね 私があなたに答えを言うね。 Is that okey? I will send an e-mail to them, I don't know how lon it's going to take when they answer back, but as soon as they do, I will inform you! それでいい?それらをーe-mailで送るよ。 私は知らないけど(lon??)どのような答えが返ってくるかは。しかしすぐにあなたに知らせるね! But I'm off to send the e-mail to Fin(URL), so I'll inform you about it soon! しかしそのFinにメールを送るには離れている?? あなたにその事をすぐに知らせるよ! 長文で申し訳ありません おねがいします

• 訳を手伝ってくれませんか??(3)

First, I can see how one would think that atheists have a mental block. However, I think that if you don't agree with something, you're not going to believe it's the right way of thinking, and therefore may believe the person that does believe it is not capable of seeing the flaws in the religion, or lack thereof. I've had to try very hard to see why people can believe somethings, such as Catholics, or even the people that join cults! How can they believe it?! But then I stop and try to realize that they are just looking for something in their life, and for them, maybe it best suits their personality or needs at the time. こんにちは。これはアメリカ人からのメールで無神論者と信仰者についての話しなんですけれどいまいち何がいいたいのかわかりません。ちなみに彼女は無神論者で私は仏教徒です。 (1)I can see how one would think that atheists have a mental block. のmental blockは思考の停止と訳してよいのでしょうか??無神論者は精神的に成長する段階で壁があるということでしょうか? (2) However, I think that if you don't agree with something, you're not going to believe it's the right way of thinking, and therefore may believe the person that does believe it is not capable of seeing the flaws in the religion, or lack thereof. 貴方が何かに賛成しなければ、貴方はそれが正しい考え方と信じないでしょう。それゆえに貴方は宗教は欠点がないとを信じる人を信じるでしょう。 といった意味でしょうか?とても長い文章ですがどなたかお願いします<(_ _)>