英文を訳したのですが、わからない用語をおしえてほしいです。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 下記のように訳しましたが、「expensive calls」がどのような概念なのか、いくら調べてもわかりません。
  • ウェブサービスを呼び出す、データベースのクエリを実行する時のように、リモートソース、または論理階層(レイヤ)へ、高価な呼び出しをするときは、それをチャッティー (処理規模が小さく対話の多い) または、チャンキー (処理規模が大きく対話の少ない) な呼び出しのどちらにするのがより適切なのかを考えること。
  • 「高価な呼び出し」とは何か、概念がわかる方おりましたら教えてください。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文を訳したのですが、わからない用語をおしえてほしいです。

英文を訳したのですが、わからない用語をおしえてほしいです。 下記のように訳しましたが、「expensive calls」がどのような概念なのか、いくら調べてもわかりません。「高価な呼び出し」とは何か、概念がわかる方おりましたら教えてください。 When making expensive calls to remote sources or layers, such as when calling Web services or querying a database, consider if it makes more sense to make these calls chatty (many smaller requests) or chunky (one large request). ウェブサービスを呼び出す、データベースのクエリを実行する時のように、リモートソース、または論理階層(レイヤ)へ、高価な呼び出しをするときは、それをチャッティー (処理規模が小さく対話の多い) または、チャンキー (処理規模が大きく対話の少ない) な呼び出しのどちらにするのがより適切なのかを考えること。

• 英語
  • 回答数6
  • ありがとう数9

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Wendy02
  • ベストアンサー率57% (3570/6232)
回答No.5

この方面は、残念ながら、私は、想像できても、詳しくないのです。expensive call という用語は、MS側の独特の表現方法だと思いますが、そのまま、値段の問題ではないことは明らかだと思います。ただ、 「expensive calls」というのは、chatty か chunky の方法を呼び出す原因だと思います。だから、文字通りなら、「コスト高」の呼び出し、ということだと思います。 >どちらにするのがより適切なのかを考えること。 if it makes more sense の後の、chatty or chunky 、その方法によって、反応がかなり変わるはずではないでしょうか?そうすると、ご質問の訳のように、二者択一になるような気もするのですが、英文では、どちらが良いとは書いていないのですね。consider としか書いていません。全体を通さないと、今の私の力では、ここだけでは、expensive calls が正しいのか判断できません。どうも、MSの英文はすっきりしないですね。 試訳:  負担が大きいリモートソースやレイヤにアクセス場合、例えば、ウェブ・サービスを呼び出したり、データベースのクエリを呼び出す場合、チャッティー(処理規模の小さな命令を多く出す)か、チャンキー(処理規模の大きな命令をひとつ)の方法が賢明か考える。

White_Opal
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。試訳までしていただいて感謝です。 「負担が大きいアクセス(=呼び出し)」となると全体の意味が通ります。^^

その他の回答 (5)

noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.6

負荷のかかる呼び出し→ウェブサービスやデータベースとのコネクション確立は一般的に高負荷と認識され、ローカルファイルやプロパティなどの呼び出しはそうではないとされる。 It will take ................. to call web services の .............の部分が expensive なのです。

White_Opal
質問者

お礼

回答を頂きありがとうございます。 なるほど!!クエリの呼び出しは、イコール、データベースとのコネクション確立だし、 全体の意味が、より良く分るようになりました!! お忙しい中ありがとうございました。

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.4

専門分野のことはまるで分らない者なので想像ですが、ここの expensive というのは、「費やされる量が多い」という意味を含むものの、それは金銭という意味は含まない、のではないでしょうか。 高度なシステムになるほど、複雑なプログラムが介在しており、その中のほんの小さなバグでも致命的なエラーを引き起こしたりしますが、そういう複雑な、込み入ったプログラムを経由して対象とアクセスすることを expensive というふうに表現しているのではないでしょうか。

White_Opal
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。なるほど、「費やされる量がおおい」というと、意味がとおります。(^^)

回答No.3

call は 電話をかける したがって 遠距離電話は 高くつく といいたいんでしょう。

White_Opal
質問者

お礼

回答いただきありがとうございます。 電話では意味がとおらなくて(_ _)

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.2

expensive では無く extensive の間違いでは?

White_Opal
質問者

補足

間違いではないかと思います。 CodePlexで公開されているAAGとうアーキテクチャ設計の技術書を訳しているのですが、 「expensive calls」「expensive processes」など、 たびたび、「expensive」という表現がでてくるので、なにか、「expensive」という単語が プログラム設計の概念を指してるとはおもうのですが・・・

• cowstep
  • ベストアンサー率36% (756/2081)
回答No.1

expensiveは、金がかかるという意味です。 コールに金がかかる時は、以下の二通りの方法を検討しなさい、という趣旨です。

White_Opal
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 しかし、「お金がかかる」だと、意味が通らなくて困っています。 IT関係の技術書なので、ITの分野で何か専門の概念をもっているのかなぁとおもったのですが・・

関連するQ&A

• この英文の意味が掴めずで困っています・・・

以下の英文を海外の彼女から受け取りました。 何か詩的?な文章の引用かと思いますが、私の英語理解力が低くて、翻訳ソフトで変換しても、何を言わんとしているのか意味が掴めません。 長文で申し訳ないと思ったのですが、どなたか意訳できる方いましたら、分かるように解説してもらえたら大変助かります。 よろしくお願いします。 ----------------------- Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'

• 英文についての質問です。

Consider Michael Huemer’s “problem of political authority.” Do you agree that this is a problem? という質問がありました。それに対する回答をしようと思い本文中から「Problem of political authority」について述べられているところを探しました。 **** As philosopher Michael Huemer notes, our ethical judgements are inconsistent between evaluating actions by individuals or by governments. Acts that would be considered unjust or morally unacceptable when performed by nongovernmental agents will often be considered perfectly all right, even praiseworthy, when performed by government agents. Huemer calls the special moral status we grant to government the problem of political authority, and argues that such legitimacy is an illusion, that nobody can have a right to rule, nor can anybody have an obligation to obey. **** 質問の回答として「私はこの問題に賛成だ。なぜならヒューマーが述べているように、正当性は誰にも支配権を与えることができないし、誰にも服従する義務を負うことはできないからだ」でいいでしょうか? (英文はまた後ほど、作成して質問するかもしれません) 回答内容はこれでいいか(質問の趣旨に合っているか)教えてほしいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の構造が?

英文の構造が? 日本語訳はだいたいわかります。「私立大学の入試です」 第二文のshowingは分詞構文ですか?主語はa Canadian resercherですね。 Notからshowingまでの文はどうつながっているのですか? When parents use sarcasm to playfully tease their young children,do the kids see the humor? 親が幼い子供をふざけてからかうのに皮肉を使うとき、子供たちはそのユーモアがわかるのか? Not likely,according to a Canadian researcher who has completed a study showing that children need to be 10 or older before fully grasping the concept that sarcasm can be funny or even insulating. そうでもないようだ、研究を完成したカナダの研究者によると皮肉がおもしろいとまたは侮辱されているという概念を十分につかめるのは10歳かそれ以上になるのが必要だと示している。 おしえてください。

• 英文翻訳

Thank you for your order! The website collected your payment information for me, but your card has not been charged for the postage. I will do that when your order has been mailed, probably next Monday or Tuesday. I have everything on your list except the 1 oz YES drops; I only have the 1 oz YES spray at this time. I will have the YES drops probably by Monday or Tuesday and expect to send your order complete then. Postage will be billed when the package has been sent. です。 オーダーありがとう!WEBはオーダーを受付ました。でも、ポステージ がチャージされていません。 I will do that when your order has been mailed, あなたから、メールがHAS BEENされたらポステージしますよ。 <でいいですか?> I have everything on your list except the 1 oz YES drops; I only have the 1 oz YES spray at this time. I will have the YES drops probably by Monday or Tuesday and expect to send your order complete then あなたのオーダーを全部持っていますが、ドロップがなく、スプレー しかありません。ドロップは月曜か火曜日にきます。そして、あなたのオーダーを完全にして、送ります。 ここまであっているでしょうか? Postage will be billed when the package has been sent. ポスト代金は、荷物を送るとき払います。 でいいんでしょうか?代金払ってくれると。。ああ、またやってしまった。。

• 訳と文法的解説お願いしたいです。

You know it is funny when, I remember what - when we were young , actually we were told or my parent used to say that English food was the best . これは、雑誌に載っていた、ある二人の対話の中の一文(イギリスの料理がおいしくないと言う意見について、日本に来ているイギリス人二人が対話している)なのですが、分からないところが多いので教えてください。 1、it is funny when について。これは、when 以下がfunnyなんだ、という事なのでしょうか。「私は~を思い出したとき、おかしくなったんだよ。」という感じでしょうか。 2、I remember what のwhatとは?rememberの内容を持ってくるためにあるんですよね? thatじゃだめなのですか? 自分の訳は「(分かるでしょ?)若いとき言われたり、また両親がよく言っていたりしたんだ。イギリスの食べ物は最高だ、って。それを思い出したときにおかしくなった。」です。雑ですが。 前後の文も載せようと思ったのですが、それぞれ独立したような形の文だったので、載せませんでした。(長かったから、というのもあります。)文法的な解説をつけてくれると嬉しいです。それが細かいとさらに嬉しいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文メール訳お願いします fading など

英文の翻訳をお願いします。 自分なりの日本語解釈をしてみました、が、 つかめるようで、つかめません。 行き違いがあって、このメールがきました。 翻訳、よろしくお願いします When I read your previous email, I felt very sad! maybe you thought me as a fading guy. and that's why i didn't contact you! 私は前のメールを読んでとても悲しかった。 あなたは私をfading guyと思ったかもしれない、それはあなたに連絡しなかったから。 I think this is not correct. I am not very good at machines. speaking of my phone, I only know how to send and receive calls, as well as simple messaging. これはcorrectじゃないと思う。機械としては私のはよくはない 電話で話し、ただ電話を受けて、簡単なメッセージとして 送るだけ The functions you mentioned in the previous email, I even don't know how to do it! and you should understand there is no reason to block your phone call or your message! If I don't wanna receive your calls, I would have told you before you came to (場所). as I told you, I had already planned to treat you a dinner if you are available. the reason I was waiting was that you told me you would be in a (場所). もし私はあなたの電話を受けたくなければ、あなたが(場所)に来る前に 伝えただろう。 言うなら、もしあなたの都合がつけば 私は、既にあなたのために夕食をごちそうする計画をしていたんだ。 and I thought you could not receive calls during the service. and when I got the message through my email account, then, I found you messaged me! but the timing is already wrong! そして、サービスの間私は連絡を受けれないと思った 私のメールでメッセージをきた時、私は、あなたが私を通信させたのがわかりました! でもタイミングが既に悪かった! I have no reason to make our situation more complicated! I greet you and your family as i treasure our friendship! when I went to Tokyo, I called you for greetings! 私には、私たちの状況をさらに複雑にさせる理由が全くありません! 私たちの友情を大切にするとき、私はあなたとあなたの家族に挨拶します! 私が東京に行ったとき、挨拶のためにあなたに電話しました! I also wanted to treat you at least the dinner! I am not a lier! maybe, you felt unhappy when you could not get through the phone! I understand! anyway, very sorry to make your trip unpleasing! take good care! 私もあなたのために少なくとも夕食をごちそうしたかった! 私はlier(嘘つき)じゃない! おそらく あなたは電話ができなかった時不愉快に思ったかもしれない! 私は分かります! とにかく、あなたの旅をunpleasingにして本当にすまない! 良い注意を払ってください! take good care!は 〆の言葉と思いますが ”お大事に” だと変な感じがするし、”お元気で” がしっくりくるのか。 ニュアンスがつかめないのです。 よろしくお願いします!!

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

Americans are having a passionate love affair with something they cannot see, hear, feel, touch or taste. That something is calories, billions upon billions of which are consumed every day, often unwittingly, at and between meals. Certainly calories are talked about constantly, and information about them appears with increasing frequency on food labels, menus, recipes and Web sites. But few people understand what they are and how they work - especially how they have worked to create a population in which 64 percent of adults and a third of children are overweight or obese, or how they thwart the efforts of so many people to shed those unwanted pounds and keep them off once and for all. Enter two experts: Marion Nestle, a professor of nutrition, food studies and public health at New York University; and Malden Nesheim, professor emeritus of nutritional sciences at Cornell University. Together they have written a new book, "Why Calories Count: From Science to Politics," to be published April 1, which explains what calories are, where they come from, how different sources affect the body, and why it is so easy to consume more of them than most people need to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.

• この英文を訳してください><

Many Americans believe that disputes should be settled by the disputing parties without outside help. Parents often send their children back to the playroom or playground with instructions to settle fights for themselves. Relatives and friends can be heard to say, "It's between the two of you. I'm not getting in the middle." Even psychologists tend to regard it as a sign of maturity when someone settles disputes without third parties, Whose participation may be regarded as unhealthy. Yet many peoples of the world expect conflicts to be resolved by third parties. This reflects an emphasis on harmony and interdependence:the tendency to see individuals as located in a social network,in contrast to the American tendency to over-emphasize independence and see the individual as the fundamental human unit. To manage disputes ranging from quarrels between family members to conflicts between villages, cultures develop informalrules and formal proceedings,just as Americans have assumptions about fairfights as well as legal trials.In contrast to the American Why of settling disputes, however,the participation ofthe community is an important part of the proceedings. Americans cannot simply adopt the rituals of another culture, but thinking about these rituals can give them ideas for devising their own new ways to manage conflicts. In native Hawaiian culture,there is a word, ho'oponopono ("to setthings right"),for a ceremony in Which family members invite an older person or a respected member of the community to watch overthe resolution of a dispute. The leader invites the disputing parties to talk about their feelings and encourages them to apologize to and forgive each other. The leader calls on a higher power -God and Church - to offer forgiveness, too. On the island of Tanna in the South Pacific, conflicts among villagers or between villages are discussed publicly by groups of adult men at special meetings that last all day. These meetings are very different from the American idea of conflict resolution in thatthey are not designed to reconcile the individual accounts of disputing parties and draw from them the truth of what happened. These meetings are not competitions or battles among opposing interests;they are joint journeys in Which all travelers reach the same destination. All the people present, disputing parties as well as others, come to a public agreement about what happened and how the conflict should be settled Usually, one party is not blamed;instead it is shown that both parties are somewhat responsible. These meetings do not always settle disputes once and for all, but atleast they offer an opportunity for settlement.

• 英文翻訳お願いします。

下記の日本語訳の手助けをお願い致します。 ある回答者が質問者への回答の中で参考資料として提示された英文なのですが、それを理解出来ません。ご教授願います。 These meetings, more or less centered on figuring out what the idea of utopia was all about, were the best discussions I ever had at Harvard. They would begin tennish every Wednesday and last to the wee hours of the morning. We were not beyond including course material or reading out loud from books, nor were we beyond moaning about relationships gone sour, or abandoning words altogether to play chess 意訳ですが 多少なりともユートピアの概念とは何かと言うような問題に焦点を合わせた会合はハーバードの生活の中では最良の討論でした。彼らはいつも水曜日には「tennish」を始め真夜中まで続けたものでした。 疑問-1: 「tennish」Web辞書でOxford, Cambridge, American Heritageを調べたのですが見つかりません。 テニスの古語かと思ったのですが、古語なら古語で辞書にあると思うのですが。 疑問-2: We were not beyond including.......words altogether to play chessの訳に全く刃が立ちません。 特に「including course material」と「abandoning words altogether」の訳しかたが分かりません。 宜しくお願い致します。(出来れば全文訳をお願い致します) 元々の質問は下記です。 http://oshiete1.goo.ne.jp/kotaeru.php3?q=1146544

• 英文の和訳を希望します

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかた のみでお願いできますでしょうか? 意訳大歓迎です。 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします The planet Mercury forms an aspect to your marriage house. It is a love that will transform your life, and at the beginning of the relationship words will be very significant. There may be some other contact with your soul mate in words before you meet face to face. Mercury is the planet of literature, the message and the written word, including magazines, books, bogs, emails phone calls, text messages and letters of any kind, anything you are likely to read or write. When such an a aspect is made by Mercury to the soul mate are of the chart, it means that these things can play a vital part in your meeting and making contact with him. They can influence the way you the relationship continues. You may spend time apart in distant places, or love may be linked to far off lands but the bridge between you will be built of fine words, and these words will have wings, loving, moving and true written from the soul, they will bring you together face to face, hand to hand.