• ベストアンサー

英語で「その記事を読むまで、そんなに問題が深刻になっているなんて知らな

英語で「その記事を読むまで、そんなに問題が深刻になっているなんて知らなかった」 について下記の二文を思いついたのですが、正しいですか? (1)It was not until I read this article that I knew the prblem is deeper. (2)I didn't know the problem is deeper until I read the article

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

I didn't know the problem was that serious until I read the article. 「深刻」はdeepよりseriousの方がいいと思います。deepはどちらかというと「深い」ですね。あと、比較級にする必要はないんので、more serious (deeper)ではなくてthat serious (that deep)がいいでしょう。

popiiiiiii
質問者

お礼

そうなんですね!!とっても勉強になりました。次回より気をつけて使いたいと思います。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 文の書き換え問題

・(1)Not~の文と、(2)強調構文での文の書き換えをそれぞれお願いします。 1I didn't learn the truth until this morning. =Not 2I didn't know he was homesick until I talked to him. =Not 3She didn't start to paint until she was forty. =Not ・Jim caught a turtle in this pond yesterday. 1“Jim”を強調した文に 2“caught”を強調した文に 3“a turtle”を強調した文に 4“in this pond” を強調した文に 5“yesterday” を強調した文に

• 強調構文(分裂文)

It was not until he spoke that I knew he was there. 上記の英文は、普通の強調構文ですが、これを It was not until he spoke I knew he was there. という風に、強調構文のIt is~that..のthatを省略できるのでしょうか?(It is not until...that~以外の普通の強調構文だったら省略できることは知っています)

• 英語 問題

各組の文がほぼ同じ意味を表すように、()に適語を補って下さい。 1 They had a good time last night. They enjoyed () last night. 2 I broke his DVD player. That is problem. They problem () () I broke his DVD player. 3 They say that the actor lives in this town. It is () () the actor lives in this town. 4 We know that he loves science fiction movies. He is () () love science fiction movies.

• [英語]並び替え問題を教えて下さい><

1. Had () () () () () () her father was once the president of the company, she would never have been employed. (1) it (2) the fact (3) been (4) for (5) not (6) that 2. It was () () () () () () I discovered how important it is to be able to speak English. (1) I (2) not (3) to work (4) that (5) until (6) began 3. I heard a rumor that the man was very dangerous and that on () () () () () () child alone. (1) account (2) leave (3) you (4) no (5) must (6) your

• 英語の問題教えてください。

同じ意味になるように( )に一語入れてください。 よろしくお願いします。 He did not go to school that day. He was( )( )school that day. Mary has not written to me since 1987. I have not ( )( )Mary since 1987. This dictionary is mine. This dictionary( )( )me. The heavy snow prevented me from coming on time. I could not come on time ( )of the heavy snow The news filled me with joy. I was( )of joy( )the news.

• 英語の質問です。

( )内の近い意味を持つ語を答えなさい。1.This part of the processing cannot be automated and needs to be done (by hand). (1)handly (2)manually (3)artificially (4)craftily 答え(2) ( )に入るもっとも適切なものを選びなさい。 2.I don't know that Tom had read War and Peace. ( ) surprised me most was the fact that he had read it in two days. (1)That (2)Who (3)Whoever (4)What 答え(4) 3.The man ( ) was my friend has betrayed me. (1)how I thought (2)what I thought (3)who I thought (4)whom I thought 答え(3) 4.Is this ( ) you said you bought in France? (1)as (2)that (3)what (4)which 答え(3) 5.Things are not ( ) they used to be. (1)while (2)what (3)when (4)that 5.This encyclopedia is very informative and, ( ) is more, inexpensive. (1)which (2)it (3)that (4)what 答え(4) 自分で解いてみたのですが、 訳ができずに困っています。 訳を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• また英語の問題について教えてください(>_<)

英語の問題教えてください(>_<)またすみません(>_<) 次の日本文に合うように()の中の語句を並び替えなさい。 1、今日できることを明日まで延ばすな。 Don't (do/you/tomorrow/off/can/until/what/put)today. 和訳しなさい。 1.This is the oldest building in our town,which was build two hundred years ago. 2.The day will come when we can enjoy space travel. 次の日本文に合うように、()内の語句を並び替えなさい。 1.こういうわけで、私は大会に参加できませんでした。(*一語不要(I/is/the event/in/participate/couldn't). 2.こういう方法で、彼は難しい問題を解決しました。(*一語不要(solved/difficult/is/he/problem/way/this/how)次の英文をほぼ同じ意味になるように書き換えたとき()内に適切な語を書き入れなさい。1.1985 is the year when the computer game was sold.=1985 is the year ()()the computer game was sold. 2.February 22nd is the day when we have an English test.=February 22nd is the day()()we have an English test. 3.Six o’clock is the time when I usually get up in the morning.=Six o’ clock is the time when I usually get up in the morning. 4.I know the station where they arrived yesterday.=I know the station()()they got yesterday. 5.This is how we could escape from the fire.= This is()()we could escape fromthefire . お願いします(>_<)

• 受験英語に詳しい方お願いします!

受験英語に詳しい方お願いします! It was not until the meeting was over that he appeared. の、もとの文章は、 He didn't appear until the meeting was over. ですよね。(これは本に書いてあったので合っています) ここで質問なのですが、It was not long before the meeting was over. の、もとの文章ってどうなるんですか? また、beforeはなぜthatじゃないのですか?

• 原発に関する記事ですが、分からないところがあります

Since the Fukushima accident we have seen a stream of experts on radiation telling us not to worry, that the doses are too low, that the accident is nothing like Chernobyl and so forth. They appear on television and we read their articles in the newspapers and online. Fortunately the majority of the public don’t believe them. I myself have appeared on television and radio with these people; one example was Ian Fells of the University of Newcastle who, after telling us all on BBC News that the accident was nothing like Chernobyl (wrong), and the radiation levels of no consequence (wrong), that the main problem was that there was no electricity and that the lifts didn’t work. “ If you have been in a situation when the lifts don’t work, as I have” he burbled on, “you will know what I mean.” You can see this interview on youtube and decide for yourself. What these people have in common is ignorance. You may think a professor at a university must actually know something about their subject. But this is not so. Nearly all of these experts who appear and pontificate have not actually done any research on the issue of radiation and health. Or if they have, they seem to have missed all the key studies and references. I leave out the real baddies, who are closely attached to the nuclear industry, like Richard Wakeford, or Richard D as he calls himself on the anonymous website he has set up to attack me, “chrisbusbyexposed”. Ian Fells of the University of Newcastle whoとありますが、whoに対する動詞はどれですか? telling us all on BBC News とありますが、tellingの目的節がthat以下になって最後のthatはand that になるはずと思うのですが、どうもそのようになってない。and that the lifts didn’t workのand that は the main problem was に対するthatですよね? 最後に、liftと“chrisbusbyexposed”の意味が分かりません。 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語の問題です!

英語の問題です! 9問もあるので余裕のある方お願いします! ()の中から適当なものを選んでください! 1.It is certain (that, whether, if)he will pass the examination. 2.I wonder (that, unless, if)you could manage not to smoke in this room. 3.It does not matter (that, how whether)you like it or not. 4.Who can prevent us from getting married (before, unless, now that)we are of age? 5.(Every time, That, Whether)we burn something, we are polluting the air. 日本語の意味になるように()内の語を並べ替えてください! 1.すべての人がこの方法に満足しているわけではない。 (everyone/is/method/not/satisfied/this/with) 2.彼はいつも先生の言うことに注意を払っているわけではなかった。 He(always/attention/did/not/pay/the teachers/to) 3.18世紀になってやっと蒸気エンジンが開発された。 (the 18th/century/it/not/that/until/was)steam engines were developed. 4.このことについては他の誰にも決して言ってはいけませんよ。 You(anybody else/ should/ by no means/ to/ about this/ talk) 以上の9問です! 多いですがお願いします!