• ベストアンサー

The new version, dubbed SM-3 Block

The new version, dubbed SM-3 Block IIA, is key to U.S. plans to be able to defend all of NATO's European territory from a perceived Iranian ballistic-missile threat as soon as about 2018. ワシントンタイムズの記事ですが、as soon as about 2018はどのように訳しますか? as soon as は「~するとすぐに」という意味以外にもあるのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

as early as やas soon asは「早ければ」といいたいときに使えます。 Flight schedules could return to normal as early as Thursday.のような例があります。

kuroihato
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳して頂けませんか

Will Obama sit with Hu prepared to develop fresh ways to defend what Americans care about? We have to hope so. If not, it's likely that the U.S. will soon discover that China is not the only nation in the world that needs to worry that it is about to be done to. 最後の文の最後のthat以下の意味が分かりません。教えて頂けませんか。

• この文の真主語はどれですか?

It is a woman’s business to get married as soon as possible, and a man’s to keep unmarried as long as he can.

• この"fate"って?

NHK記事からの抜粋です。 Japan's top government spokesman has unveiled plans to send officials to Pyongyang as soon as possible to be briefed on the investigation into the fate of Japanese citizens abducted by North Korea. 対応する日本語記事を見ても、"fate"=運命、予言等は出てきてません。 また、内容からもfateを使うのは不適切ではないでしょうか。

• 何と言ったらいい?

下記の英語の表現は敬語でどうやって言えばいい? I am sorry to chase you about this matter but I would need to receive an answer from you as soon as possible 現在に敬語を勉強しているけどとても難しいです。手伝ってもらえませんか。 どうもありがとうございます。

• 熟語の意味を教えてください。

辞書に載っていないものもあり、間違えて覚えたくないので、=表現もあわせておしえてください。お願いします。 1 decide to~   =(   )(   )one´s(   )to~ 2 care about~ 3 as a matter of fact 4 make~public 5 search for~ 6 look for~ 7 be scared of~ 8 interfere with~ 9 as soon as~   =the(   )to~

• 和訳を御願いします。

和訳を御願いします。 Woodward's book portrays Obama and the White House as barraged by warnings about the threat of terrorist attacks on US soil and confronted with the difficulty in preventing them. as barraged by warningsが訳しにくいです。

• 英文を日本語訳して下さい。

Romanian forces captured thousands of prisoners and significant quantities of material during this counter-offensive and only the last-minute intervention of the 26th Turkish Infantry Division on 2 December saved Mackensen's group from encirclement. The Romanians suffered a considerable setback when a staff car carrying attack plans accidentally drove into a German position and was captured. These plans were vital to the Germans, as they soon managed to push back the Romanian forces, leaving the way to the capital open.

• "what is soon to 動詞"の文法解釈

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [UK, adult版] p.37真ん中あたりの文に関してです。 ハリーがダーズリーの家で読んでいる新聞の記事の一文に関してです。 "Dumbledore’s legions of admirers, meanwhile, may well be trembling at what is soon to emerge about their hero." この文の”what is soon to emerge about their hero”の部分の意味がとれません。 どのように解釈すればよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• ジョークを教えてください!

ジョークの部分を教えてください! Off Base Robert Orben says : 'My wife claims I'm a baseball fanatic. She says all I ever read about is baseball. All I ever talk about is baseball. All I ever think about is baseball. I told her she's way off base. 和英訳をお願いします! 1 She felt sick to her stomach as soon as the bus started to move. 2. 2、3日おじのところに滞在します。 3.することがたくさんあるときには、ピクニックなんかとても行く気がします。 4Why wasn't Susie willing to take her sister along? 5 Make sure that you turn off the gas. 6 大学生がみな偉人な人になれるわけではない。 宜しくお願いします!

• 『The Lovebirds』1

Eleanor Farjeonの『The Lovebirds』という短編からの質問です。 At the end of the street stood the School. On the right-hand street corner sat Old Dinah the gypsy, who kept a pair of lovebirds in a cage. And on the left-hand street corner sat Susan Brown, who sold bootlaces. Susan thought she was about nine years old, but she never quite knew. As for Old Dinah's age, it was too great to be remembered, and she had forgotten it long ago. Susan thought she was about nine years old, but she never quite knew.について スーザンは自分が大体9歳ぐらいだろうと思っていました、しかし彼女は決してはっきりとはわかりませんでした? quiteの訳し方は合っているでしょうか? 教えていただけると助かります。 よろしくお願いいたします。