• ベストアンサー

on all they big bins

下の文を翻訳してください.  Three others are on their way over, climbing up the alley wall on all they big bins.  最後のon all they big binsだけ文法的な構造がわからなくて翻訳できません.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#210617
noname#210617
回答No.2

Three others are on their way over, climbing up the alley wall on all the big bins. でしょ?

参考URL:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/23627543/Neil-Gaiman-The-Graveyard-Book
greekgift
質問者

お礼

ただの誤植だったんですね.ご指摘ありがとうございました.

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

他の三人は行き止まりに到達したので、大きなゴミ収集箱を使って、路地の壁を、よじ登りました。 big bins は路地裏などにある大きなゴミ収集箱だと思います。

関連するQ&A

• they all are/they are all

代名詞theyとallの語順についての一見基本的に思える質問です。 allに「まったく」「すっかり」、つまりtotallyのような意味があるのは知っているのですが、例えばthey are all happy.という文の場合、「all of them」と「totally happy」の区別は付くのでしょうか? また、they all~という語順は文法的ではないのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• there they are の解釈

添付ファイル文章にある Though they make a fortune in movies or on the road, there they are, practicing the most basic form of their art.に関する質問です。 Though they make a fortune in movies or on the roadまでは理解できるのですが、 there they are, practicing the most basic form of their artの文法と意味が理解できないです。 there they areが主節で、practicing the most basic form of their art.が分詞構文でできていると分かるのですが、there they areの意味がわかりません。practicing the most basic form of their art.の意味は理解できます。 「彼らは映画界や路上で財産を築いたけれど、彼らの芸における最も基本的な形を磨きながら、その業界にいた。?」となり意味がわからないです。 解説宜しくお願いします。

• all over the worldについて

お世話になっております。 以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 Researchers all over the world are working hard on finding a cure for the new epidemic. Researchers とall over the worldの間にどうして前置詞がないのでしょうか? Researchers all over the worldを文法的にどう考えたらよろしいでしょうか? 何卒宜しくお願い申し上げます。

• ~why things are the way they are.。ってなんですか?

http://eow.alc.co.jp/%22the+way+they+are%22/UTF-8/ の例文に、 研究者が質問をするのは、物事がどうしてそうなっているのかを知りたいという欲望を持っているからである。 Researchers ask questions because they have a desire to know why things are the way they are. とありますが、 the way they areってなんですか? イディオムでしょうか これをがちがちの文法で書くと Researchers ask questions because they have a desire to know why things are in the way that they are present. となりますよね? つまり、 物事がこのように存在している と訳しましょうか

• theyが指しているのは?

In High-Tech Japan, the Fax Machines Roll Onと題する記事(The New York Times, February 13, 2013)に次の一節がありますが、節中にある「they」は、government officesとfaxesのどちらを受けているのでしょうか? faxesを指していると思うのですが、ご教示頂けますならば幸いです。  In Japan, with the exception of the savviest Internet start-ups or internationally minded manufacturers, the fax remains an essential tool for doing business. Experts say government offices prefer faxes because 「they」 generate paperwork onto which bureaucrats can affix their stamps of approval, called hanko. Many companies say they still rely on faxes to create a paper trail of orders and shipments not left by ephemeral e-mail. Banks rely on faxes because, they say, customers are worried about the safety of their personal information on the Internet.

• They're gradually making their wy.............

NHKラジオ英会話講座より (以前友達にいたづらで、偽物の卵を車に載せられたことを話題に) Harumi:I wonder where the fake eggs are now. Mike:Mebe they're gadually making their way around the world. They could end up on your car some days, Harumi.  たぶんだんだんと世界中を廻ってるかもね。いつか君の車の上にのっかていることになるかもしれないよ、晴美。 (質問)making their way についてお尋ねします。テキストでは「廻っている」と訳されています。私には「彼らの道を作っている」のような感じかなと思っています。例題を幾つかお願いできませんか?  makeもwayも大変つかみ所のない、漠然とした単語で身につけるには大変です。wayを[教えてgooで]検索すると5656あります。重複するかもしれませんが、質問を重ねながら、そのフィーリングを掴み取りたいと思います。ご迷惑でしょうが、宜しくお願いいたします。以上

• パラグラフを書きましたが少し流れが悪い気がします

こんにちは。自分の教室についてパラグラフを書いています。(英語のテストのため)。しかし書いてみると流れや文法的におかしい所がありそうです。 気づいたところ、ひとつでもいいので、教えてください。また流れについても教えていただければ幸いです。次がパラグラフです。 There are nine sliding windows and six curtains on the outside wall which are on the right of me. Half of the curtains are better orange and the others are green.There are fourty desks and fifty picks in front of me. Four pairs of shoes, a guitar, and a coat is hanging on the picks. Finally ,there are two doors at the bottom and three doorsw at the top on the inside wall.All walls are beige colors. お願いします

• 翻訳及びidiom(keep sone on

翻訳及びidiom(keep sone on one's toes)の用法をお尋ねします。 1Taking care of three toddlers really keeps me on my toes! 2The movie was exciting and kept me on my toes all the way through!

• be on ing の解釈

They seem much more focused on cutting their costs than they are on providing good quality advertising for us という英文がTOEICの公式問題集の中にあるのですが、この中の they are on providing の部分が理解できません。 be on ingで検索してみましたが見つけられませんでした。 ご存じの方、よろしくご教示ください。

• 次のtheyは誰をさすのでしょうか?

There are already more great artworks in the world than ny human being could appreciate in a lifetime, works capable of satisfying virtually any taste imaginable. Thus, contemporary artists, all of whome believe that their works enable many people to feel moreaesthetically fulfilled than they otherwise could, are mistaken. 最後のthey otherwise couldのtheyなんですが、contemporary artistsでしょうか?最後の一文の意味がいまいちよくわかりませんでした。