• ベストアンサー

propped upの意味

propped upの意味 He propped up in bed. このpropped upの意味を教えてください!

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1さんがとてもいい写真を、探しておいでになります。  ちょっと気になるのは質問の文が  He propped up in bed とあたかも自動詞のようになっていることです。  普通なら 下記にあるように他動詞で、  He was propped up in bed となるのが自然なのですが、、、  http://eow.alc.co.jp/prop/UTF-8/  (写真の説明の方は be の省略された Propped up という受け身なので問題はありません)

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• up the aisleの意味

He did a series of cartwheels up the aisle. 上記のup the aisleはどのように訳せますか?? Towards getting marriedでは、不適切に思えるので、down the aisleのように「廊下にそって」という意味でしょうか? did a series of cartwheels =何回かの側転をした

• making up for...

making up for... "In fact, his appetite became very good, and on the third day I switched to solid food. He was making up, of course, for all the days he had eaten nothing." ここの文にある、"making up, for all the days he had eaten nothing"の意味を教えてください!

• wind upの意味

あるインタビュー記事を読んでいたら"We kind of wound up in Austin"という表現が出てきました。 windの過去形だと思いますがどういう意味でしょうか。

• 意味を教えてください

I have been dating an amazing man for the past six months. We are still at the “sleeping over several times a week” stage. We are absolutely incapable of sharing a bed and getting enough sleep. We have sex and cuddle a while, then he slips off to my guest room and sleeps there for the night. He says my bed is too soft. When I stay at his place, I think his bed is too hard. Our sleep styles are wildly different, and we’re both in our mid-30s and a bit set in our ways. He burritos himself in the bedclothes; I insist that the sheets must be tucked in order for me to feel secure. burritos himselfとtucked inの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• up to 2 の意味

こんばんは 質問させて下さい。 今度留学をするのですが、留学先のホストファミリーのプロフィールの ・ Other students in the home の部分に ・ up to 2 とあるのですがこれはどのような意味なのでしょうか? すみませんがよろしくお願い致します。

• pull up the photo

Today in manufacturing class, I was hanging out with my friend Ian. We were in a larger group of boys and he started bragging about how this girl had sent him a topless photo. He then proceeded to pull up the photo and pass it around. pull up the photoの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• a stand-up routine とは何のことですか

Billy Joel "My Life" の歌詞です。 店をたたんで西海岸に言った男がNow he gives them a stand-up routine in LA. とありますが、どういう意味なのでしょうか。

• upの意味

アメリカのSaving the space programについて、あるastrophysicistのコメントを解説する文章の中からの質問です。 そのastrophysicist(Neil という名前です)のコメントは “people who bring tomorrow into today are the scientists and technologist.” です。 その解説が以下のとおりです。 So, Neil is saying that it's people like himself – isn't that a coincidence? – scientists and technologists – people who develop technology, such as all of those folks up in Silicon Valley here in California where all of the big technology companies are – these are the people, Neil believes, who bring tomorrow into today – that is, they help us understand and make possible our future. と長いのですが、その中にup in Silicon Valley とありますが、 このupはどういう意味でしょうか。 upは名詞,副詞,形容詞,前置詞,さらに動詞,名詞の役割もします。 文法的に動詞,名詞では無いと思いますが、この文章の中ではどういう役割をしているのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• どなたか英語が分かる方よろしくお願いします。

宜しくおねがいします。 He sleeps well.. Likes to lie in bed at night with the limbs far apart. Sinks down in bed, slumps, and he heats up when asleep, perspires in first sleep always gets hot in bed. The bed becomes an oven, and he gets tearing pains in the ligaments of feet. Though the feet remain colder than the body when asleep He occasionally hangs them out of the bed.. He usually sleeps soundly. Dreams of other people, doppelgangers, things in twos. And strange forms closing in on him, confused dreams, he only partly recalls, of snakes, arguments, dead things. Wakes up in the morning as drab or dull as ever, but brightens in the evening.

• stop +意味上の主語+動名詞の意味

stop ~ing は~するのを止めるの意味ですが、 He stopped her from tearing up the letter. と同じ意味を He stopped her tearing up the letter. のように表現することはできるのでしょうか。 それともこの文は別の意味をもつのでしょうか。