Meeting My Great Grandfather: A Journey Through Time

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the fascinating life of my great grandfather, a former city mayor
  • Explore his contributions to the improvement of the medical care system
  • Learn about his love for his family and innovative methods of communication
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

TOEFL SPEAKING 文法添削願います

以下お題で文章作りました、文法添削頂けると助かります If you could travel back in time to meet a loved one, what person would you like to meet and why? Include specific examples and details in your explanation. If I could travel back in time, I would like to meet my great grandfather who died when I was very young. The main reason I would like to talk to him about his interesting life. He was a city mayor. At that time, the city was not adequately-resourced health service. For improving medical care system, he made a great effort to make hospital complex. Additionally, he loved his family. Since he was very busy, he could not meet his children, so, he called to them from his office, writes a letter, and recorded his voice to let them read a picture book. I would like to talk to him about love and serve people.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#181603
noname#181603
回答No.2

見落としがありました。 >Since he was very busy, he could not meet his children の部分を修正して入れれば、 Another reason is that, despite the fact that he could not often meet his children because he was so busy, he loved his family so much that he phoned them from his office, wrote letters, and sent recorded readings of picture books so that they can read them easily. になりました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#181603
noname#181603
回答No.1

If I could travel back in time, I would like to meet my great grandfather who died when I was very young. First of all, I would like to talk to him about his interesting life as a city mayor. The city hadn't been/was not able to provide adequately-resourced health services before/until he made the hospital complex. He made a great effort to improve medical care systems. Another reason is that he loved his family so much that he phoned them from his office, wrote letters, and send recorded readings of picture books to let us read them easily. Finally, I would like to talk wih him about love and serving people, which I think is the most important thing in life. とかどうでしょう。

関連するQ&A

• TOEFL文法問題

By the time -----, Ernest Hemingway had already decided he wished to be a fiction writer. 1,he was in his early twenties 2,in his early twenties 1が正解です。2がなぜイケないのか分かりません。 1の形は良く見かけるので正解だとは思いましたが2でも「20代前半の時までに」と訳せてしまいそうな気がします。如何でしょうか?

• TOEFL WRITINGの添削願います

都会にある大学と田舎にある大学どちらに行きたいですか?という問題に対しての回答です 添削願います Of these two alternatives, I would like to go university in a large city for the following reasons. First, when I want to buy a book, I would go to a big book store to find the book. It is easier to find the book than small town. And if I should become sick, I would go to a big hospital. Large city has many kind of facility, it gratifies my need. On the other hand, small city has lack of facility, although you might see the breathtaking view and can forget hustle and bustle of the city, it could not content me as a student. Second, since a large city lives many people than small city, I have an opportunity to meet close friend or might meet rival. Close friend would help me when I was in trouble, good rival always stimulate me. To beat him I will study hard. Rivals existences exert a beneficial impact on me and I am sure that it can lead to take good score. Finally, even though I am student, I cannot study all through the year, need take a rest. When I have spare time, I would go to a game center to get rid of my stress, and art museum to feast of my eyes. While I have to self-control to avoid getting addicted to them, it is very good to refresh. For these reasons, I would like to go to university in a large city, it is a far better choice as a place to study. 全部添削いただかなくても気になったところだけでも構いません、是非宜しくお願いします

• 英語の文法ミス教えてください 至急

1 My most favorite character in this book is Finkle. He is a religious man and lives in loneliness. The reason why he was absorbed in his religion was he could not belong anywhere in social world. He had never loved anyone, and he had lived without knowledge of himself. He said in a strained manner, "that I came to God not because I love Him, but because I did not." He had to believe the god because he did not have any ideas what he should rely on. I like Finkle because I easily feel empathy to him. 2 This question is a kind of tricky. I believe that Salzman was saying “Jewish prayer for the Dead” because Salzman said "Like an animal. Like a dog. For her to be poor was a sin. This is why to me she is dead now." This implies that his daughter must have committed something sin, and Salzman was ashamed of it. That is why Salzman regarded his daughter as a dead. So Salzman said that phrase for Finkle and Stella. 3 I believe that Salzman engineered the meeting between Finkle and Stella. As a father, Salzman wants Stella to get marriage to someone. However, Salzman thought that Salzman was a sinful person. So nobody wants to get marriage to Stella. So Salzman just manipulate Salzman to get marriage to Stella.

• 自由英作文添削

浪人生です  よろしければ添削お願いいたします 問題文   次のテーマについて80語以上の英語で書きなさい  If you should travel abroad fot the first time in your life, would you like to travel by yourself or would you like to travel with your friends? and why?   自分の答え  I would like to travel by myself because I would like to have free time that is not limited anyone.      If I traveled abroad with my friends, I might not go to the place where I have really wanted to visit. But if I traveled abroad by myself, I could go to the place where I have really wanted to visit and it would be very interesting. That is why I would like to travel abroad by myself better than with my friends.

• 訳の添削をお願いします。

お世話になっておりますm(uu)m よろしければ以下の文章の和訳が合っているか添削をお願いします。 よろしくお願いします。 【以下、インタビュー記事の文章です】 Brunei has family members he loves but Taipei has friends he misses. ブルネイには彼の愛する家族がいますが、台北には彼がいなくて寂しい友人もいます。 Wu Chun participates in many events because he wants to meet up with the people he misses. ウーズンは彼がいなくて寂しい人々と会いたいので、多くのイベントに参加しています。 “When you are filming, you have to stay in one location for 2-3 months at a time and you can’t leave. Whereas by participating in events, I can travel from city to city and meeting up with people I want to see in all those cities.” 「映画撮影があるときは一回のロケにつきに2~3ヵ月間は1つの場所にとどまらなければなりませんし、そこから離れる事もできません。 しかしイベントに参加することによって、都市から都市へと旅行することができるうえ、それらすべての都市で会いたい人々に会うことも出来るのです。」 Family has been Wu Chun’s motivational support and ever since losing his mother, he hopes to have more time to spend with his family. 家族はウーズンのモチベーションを支えていました。そして、彼は母を失って以来ずっと、家族とともに過ごす時間がより多くあることを望んでいます。 When the workaholic Wu Chun has time to relax, he likes to travel with his dad. 仕事中毒のウーズンにリラックスする時間が取れたなら、父親と旅行することを好んでいます。 “I like to read guide books and I only go travel with my dad. So the time and location depends on him.” 「私はガイドブックを読んで父と旅行に行くのが好きです。だから時間と場所は父に任せています。」

• 添削してください!

添削してください! テーマ:タイムマシンでどこに行き何をしたいか I would go back to the time when I was in elementary school and master various things. One reason is that a talent is important:it would enable me to express my personality more easily. Another reason is that I could have special experiences in many ways:It would make my life more enjoyable.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。大学受験

添削お願いいたします。 英語が苦手なので、文法のミス・表現の仕方など教えていただけると嬉しいです。 設問: 以下の問いに100~150語で例や理由を添えて答えなさい。 If you could travel anywhere, where would you like to go? 解答: If I could travel anywhere, I would go to Okinawa. When I was high school, I could not go to school trip for Okinawa. Although, I had been looking forward to going to the trip. I brought many books myself in order to know beautiful spots in Okinawa and to get nice items for my family. However, I had been sick before I went to there. It was three days ago. So, I could not see beautiful sea and buy presents for my family. Moreover, I have no memories of this trip. Therefore, I want to enjoy taking a trip in Okinawa. If I could travel in Okinawa, I could make a lot of memories with my friends.(116)

• ある英文(間接疑問文?)が文法的に理解できません.

ある英語の教材に, I was wondering when would be a good time to meet with CEO Nakano,and the rest of the board. とい文章があります. when以降が間接疑問文なら,would be が最後に来て, I was wondering when a good time to meet with CEO Nakano,and the rest of the board would be. となるでしょうし,直接疑問文なら(そんな事はないとは思いますが)beが後ろに来て, I was wondering when would a good time to meet with CEO Nakano,and the rest of the board be. となるはずです. whenもwhatのように主格になれる疑問詞なのでしょうか? それとも主部が長すぎるので倒置のような形なのでしょうか?

• 訳の添削とわからない個所について 1

John Galsworthyという作家の『THE CHOICE』という物語の英文を訳しました。 添削と、わからない個所を教えてください。 *He was a Cornishman by birth, had been a plumber by trade, and was a cheerful, independent old fellow with ruddy cheeks, grey hair and beard, and little, bright, rather watery, grey eyes. 彼は生まれはコーンウォール人でした。彼の商売は配管工で、朗らかで、血色の好い頬、白髪とあごひげ、少し明るい、むしろ薄い灰色の目を持った自尊心の強い老翁でした。 *But he was a great sufferer from a variety of ailments. He had gout, and some trouble in his side, and feet that were like barometers in their susceptibility to weather. しかし彼は非常にいろいろな病気で苦しむ人でした。彼は痛風と若干の悩みと天気に感じやすいバロメーターのような足を持っていました。 (1)  some trouble in his sideのin his sideの個所の訳し方がよくわかりませんでした。 *Of all these matters he would speak to us in a very impersonal and uncomplaining way, diagnosing himself, as it were, for the benefit of his listeners. 彼は自分自身を診断して、まるで傾聴者のために、とても客観的で不満を言わない流儀で私たちにそれらの事柄について話したものでした。 (2) Of all these matters he would speak to us   ここは  he would speak of all these matters to usですか? よろしくお願い致します。

• inかbyか

「タイムマシン(a time machine)ができて、自由にどの時代にもいけることになったとしたら、どの時代に行きたいですか」 という作文の問題の解答に 「If I could travel in a time machine,I would like to return to my elementary school days.」 とあるのですが、 「by time machine」でもよいでしょうか?