• ベストアンサー

一橋大学 自由英作文 part.3 <The low birth rate is not really a problem for Japan.> 2008

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。   I contend the low birth rate not be a real problem for Japan for this reason.   The problem of the low birth rate does not make sense. That is, what are we worried about? Some may say the reason is that we could keep up our competitiveness in the world, but why do we stick to the Japanese children? There are so many people who want to work in Japan that the Japanese could accept them, substituted for the Japanese children. In fact, the recent politics are dedicated to improving the birth rate, while it is spending huge money. But if we bring ourselves to hire foreign workers, is there so efficient a thing but its way? Therefore, what the Japanese government has to do is undertake sweeping deregulations whose purpose is that more and more foreign workers live in Japan.   In conclusion, the low birth rate is not really a problem for Japan, for we find the clear solution. 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。 ※ちなみに、今回のトピックは2008年度の一橋過去問で「低出生率はさほど悪くはない」ということについて述べさせるものなのですが、常識とは違う角度から述べさせる少し書きにくいトッピックだったと思っています。 そこで「低出生率は悪くない」に反論、つまり常識論を述べてもいいのでしょうか? それは出題者の意図と反して、減点を食らったりしないのでしょうか? 合わせて答えていただきたいです。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

こんにちわ。久しぶりに開けたら貴殿のがありましたので、またご参考までに。 前回の貴殿のお礼にポイントのことが書かれていましたが、それは何も関係ないので気にしないでください(ポイントで何かもらえれば欲しいですが・・・(笑)) まず、英文のこのような文章では、 1. 英文表現力 2. 言いたいことを論理的に展開でききること(日本語でもそうですが) が必要でしょう。2.については、書いた後に「英文和訳」でもして、確かめてください(本番ではできないので、このような練習時には。自分の書いた文章の出来具合を客観的にチェックできるでしょう) で、貴殿の作品について: I contend .... this reason. .. rate not be a ... は、... rate (should) not be ... ということですか?だとしたらshouldをいれるべきかと。でないなら、... rate not to be a ... になると思います。また、contend (that) S+V で処理したほうが一番「無難」です。contend を「アピール」する目的があったとしても採点にはプラスにならないので(また、文章のあたまでいきなりcontendはさけたほうがいいかと(理由は略)、単にthinkで十分です(ここでは I don't think the ... is a real ...)。 また、 this reasonですが、これは、その前にその理由を説明しておいて、それを受けてfor this reason ですから、for the following reasonくらいに。 The problem .... Japanese children? The problem .. does not make sense. となってますが、 problem がmake sense しないのではなく、 少子化についてのあれこれ言うこと、でしょう。また、make sense という感じはしないですが(受験の採点には関係ないでしょうが)。 That is, what ... about? ですが、 その直前の文をうけてにしては少し?でしょう。What we are worried about it? のような感じになるかと。 Some may say the reason is that ... と続いてますが、これだと、英語の論理としては、このthe reason は、「そんなの問題じゃない」といったことの理由となってしむでしょう(Some may say には続きにくいですが)。 内容からして could keep upではなく could not ...のはず(よく読みなおす)。 competitivenessはここでは 産業的な意味合いでしょうから(労働者に言及しているので)、industrialあたりを追加。また、 but why do we ... children となってますが、急にここに子供がでてくる論理がわかりません(いいたいことはわかりますが)。 There are so many ..... children. これは so .... that ... の構文ですか? だとしたら、そういう外国人が多いのと、日本が受け入れできよう、という関係の論理がおかしいでしょう。 substituted for the Japanese children ですが、日本の子供のかわりに外国人労働者という論理はないでしょう。子供は子供でworkersではないですから。 また、小さいことですがtheはなしです(無定冠詞)。 In fact, .... money. In fact...としたら、前の内容を補足するような内容でないと論理的になりません。その前で、外交人労働者を入れろ、といっておいて、正負は出生率を上げるために金をかけている、では論理的にだめです。また、出生率をあげるべく手を打つのはthe government(日本政府)です。くわえて、politicsの意味は英英で見ておいてください。His politics have become more conservative. I don't get involved in office politics のような使い方。 But, ... 最後 if we .... としておいて is there ... ?はおかしいでしょう。 undertake sweeping deregulationsは、言いたいことはわかりますが英語は・・・。make sweeping changes to のような感じ。法律・帰省などの目的が「多くの外国人が日本に住むこと」ということはないでしょう。それらは・・・・が可能なようにすることが目的といった勧進しないと。また、外国人「労働者」についてdisucussしているのですから、最後のまとめで「外国人」では〆がよくないでしょう。 試案ですが、前提として(1)貴内容に沿う、(2)少子化の問題は労働人口だけでなく年金制度などいろいろからんでくるので、ここではそのうちの労働人口に言及する、(3)貴殿の語彙の範疇(と思われる)で: I do not think the low birth rate poses a real problem for Japan. Many discuss problems about Japan's low birth rate. One of them is related to future workforce, so let me refer to it. They say Japan would not be able to keep its industrial competitiveness in the world because we will have less workforce in the future due to fewer children. I think this could be overcome by having more foreign workers into Japan. If the govenment introduces laws so that workers from abroad can come here without much trouble, we should be able to secure enough workforce to stay competitive. It goes without saying, though, it is also necessary for both Japanese companies and people to develop environments more suited for such people from foreign coutries. 150字までですから(上記がはいっているかどうか?ですが)、パラ展開(改行など)はしなくてもいいと思います。上記例のよう書き方でいいかと。 最後に、「世間の一般論と違う主張」についてですが、これは採点には関係しないと言い切れると思います。同調する主張である必要がないし、英語の試験、ですから。 頭から順にいそいで書き込みましたので、また、見直しませんから、誤字脱字・変換ミスなどなど Please accept my appologies。 Hope this help. Hitotsubashi University is just around the corner for you!

gassmass
質問者

お礼

こんにちは。 新学期が始まって、また学校に縛られる時間が増えている状況です。 週一のペースになるかと思います。 それでもこうやって見ていただける人がいるのは、とてもありがたいことです。 contendもfor this reasonも完全に自分の知識をひけらかしている感はあります。thisは「次の」を意味したつもりですが、素人が使うと全く逆効果ですね。 今回の英文はなかなかの叱責を買うだろうなとも思っていました。 まず論理展開の弱さは自覚していました。(日本語でもなかなか難しそうな命題を英語で表現するのはやはり想像以上でした。) その分、wakkarahenさんの手を煩わさせてしまったことは申し訳ないです。 背伸びした英文を書かないように意識してみたいと思います。 試案、めちゃめちゃ大切にしたいと思います。 命題が違う場合にも応用がきくように復習していきますね。 回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

*I contend the low birth rate not be a real problem for Japan (for this reason).   The problem of the low birth rate does not make sense. That is, what are we worried about? Some may say the reason is that we could keep up our competitiveness in the world, but why do we stick to the **Japanese children? There are so many people who want to work in Japan that the Japanese could accept them, substituted for the Japanese children. In fact, the recent politics are dedicated to improving the birth rate, while it is spending huge money. But if we bring ourselves to hire foreign workers, *is there so efficient a thing but its way? Therefore, what the Japanese government has to do is *undertake sweeping deregulation(s) whose purpose is that more and more foreign workers live in Japan.   In conclusion, the low birth rate is not really a problem for Japan, **for we find the clear solution. *文法的な問題 **意味合い ()省略した方が良いかも?   *I contend the low birth rate not be a real problem for Japan.  I contend the low birth rate not to be …  I contend the low birth rate is not a real … why do we stick to the **Japanese children? …why do we stick to Japanese manpower? *is there so efficient a thing but its way? ??? Therefore, what the Japanese government has to do is *undertake sweeping deregulation(s) whose purpose is that more and more foreign workers live in Japan. ....is to undertake sweeping deregulation whose purpose is that more and more foreign workers live in Japan. In conclusion, the low birth rate is not really a problem for Japan, **for we find the clear solution. ....for we can find the clear solution.

gassmass
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 隅々まで見ていただいたようで非常に納得いく箇所ばかりでした。 私にはまだまだ意図することをしっかり英語で言い表すことができません 。その分第三者の方に指摘していただく経験は大切なものだと思っています。 指摘いただいた箇所につきましてはよく復習のもとで、自分のものにしていきたいと思います。 回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い 2008年度 120~150字                                                                                  条件・ 日本において出生率の低下は大した問題ではない。について述べなさい。                                                                         I don't agree with this statement. I have two reasons why I think so. First, these days, more and more people are getting older. If the birth rate should be getting lower and lower, the number of young people who can work actively would decrease. I think that this will influence the economy of Japan badly. Secondly, needless to say,if the birth rate is getting lower and lower, the population of Japan would also decrease. This means that the amount of pension which people pay will decrease. so, I think that the finance of Japan would be in danger in the future. In order to solve these problems, goverment should take some mesures quickly.Thus, I don't agree that the low birth rate is not really a problem for Japan. (130字)

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 part.1 <Capital punishment is effective.>

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。 I am in favor of capital punishment greatly for three reasons. First, in Japan a poll shows that a overwhelming majority goes along with capital punishment. Some insist that capital punishment should be abolished because we human never rule out the possibility that people innocent of any crimes would be punished. But I could conclude that in a sense we are ready to accept such a misfortune, for once we are for capital punishment. Another reasons is that only capital punishment is severe enough for murderers. If a member of my family should be killed, I will never calm down until the devil is killed in public. And then when I say that I am happy to kill the murderer, who would find fault with me? Third, capital punishment would serve as the means of the decline of the crime rate. It goes without saying that the system helps to discourage people from committing a serious crime. In conclusion, I hope that the government would keep up capital punishment for good. 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です There are two reasons for suggesting that English should be the only foreign language worth studying. First, it goes without saying that English is the most widespread language. For this reasons, more and more people are rushing to make use of English language, so there is a possibility that English will enable us to communicate all over the world. Second, whether it is good or not, it is true that America is the center of the world economics, politics, and so on. We cannot rule out that there is a possibility to lead a life without any foreign influence, but now we always have a foreign effect, especially an American effect, on our modern life. Therefore, if we persist in our mother-tongue, we would be behind the times without fail. Consequently, we cannot help but study English language. 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い 2007年度 (120語~150語)                                                                               条件・ 日本は九月から学校を始業するべきだ。について述べなさい。                                                                                I agree the statement that the school in Japan should start in September. I have two reasons why I think so. First, these days, the world is getting smaller and smaller and I think that it is important for us to look around the world. For example, America has introduced this system for a long time. Considering an increace of people who are American and want to study in Japan, we have to introduce this system quickly. Second, it gose without saying that September is in a fall in Japan and the temperature is a little colder than a spring, so we can concentrate on studying. Thus, I agree that the school year in Japan should start in September and I think what is important is how we make use of this system. (133語)                                                                                          文法面を中心に添削をお願いいたします。宜しくお願いします。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 part.5 <Japan should open its doors to foreign workers.> 2006

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。 I am in favor of the subject saying Japan should open its doors to foreign workers. First, Japan is now running short of workforce. In Japan, the birthrate is continuing to decline steadily, while the Japanese life span is spreading longer and longer. Therefore it goes without saying that the aging of society is inevitable. For this reason, in order to keep up its competitiveness in the world Japan must be ready to accept foreign workers. Second reason is exclusionary business practices of the Japanese. Have you ever feel strange to hear foreigners speaking their own language in Japan? It is said that the Japanese are exclusionism. But now globalization is spreading into almost all the areas, sticking to our stereotypical practices would lead us to be behind the times. Therefore we should start to change our minds by the means of accepting foreign workers.(145words) 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。 *今回は150文字に逼迫してしまったのでconclusion sentenceを削除しました。 論理展開・特に採点者の印象など、大丈夫でしょうか?

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い 2009年度 (120~150字)                                                                                 条件・ 日本は豊かな国である。について述べなさい。                                                                                          I agree to this statement. I have two reasons why I am for this statement. First, from an educational point of view, more and more young people are studying foreign languages such as English, Chinese, and so on. It has recently been said that they want to work in a global world. I think that the current education system in japan would make it possible for them to have the idea. Sencondly, from a medical point of view, the birth rate is getting fewer and fewer and the number of old people is getting more and more these days, but there is a so firm medical system in japan that the system help us solve these problrm. Thus, I think that these two great systems are bases of japan and make japan rich country. (134字)                                                                                                今回も少し難しかったです。文法面を中心に採点していただけると助かります。宜しくお願い致します。                                                        

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 part.2 <The cloning of humans is wrong.>

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。   I insist that the cloning of humans be wrong and be stopped immediately for two reasons.   First, scientific techniques never so make progress that it can assure certainty. In other words, they can make a cloning of human whose hand is not two, or whose head is not one. Who is responsible for mentally or physically deficient?   Second, on ethical grounds I opposed to gene therapy. If the cloning of humans should came into being by our scientific techniques, could we look on them as human equivalent to us, and could we rule out the possibility that we take advantage of them as slaves? Moreover, I can assume that a cloning of human would look down on himself because he is made by an artificial life. Also, there is a problem that where we allow scientist to make the cloning of humans, it will lead to the decline of the value of life. That is because we might take it for granted that a life can be made by and be substituted for an artificial life.   In conclusion, I hope that we will not apply cloning techniques to human beings forever. 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い 2007年度 (120~150語)                                                                                 条件・ 日本においてクリスマスを祝うべきではない。について述べなさい。                                                                             I do not agree with the statement that christmas should not be celebrated in Japan. Many people, for example, a family, a couple and so on, are looking forward to this special day every year, but I think that this day is more important for children in Japan. They are looking forward to receving a present from "Santasan" which is called in japan. ( I'm sorry it's too much for me to write his name exactly.) Needless to say, the "Santasan" is thier parents, but children don't know the fact. I have an experience that I was given a present from him. If there were no christmas, I think that children would be sad and cry. Thus, I think that this day is very important for many people, especially children, and what is important is how you consider them seriously. (139語)                                                                   文法面を中心に、ご指摘いただきたいと思います。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 一橋大学  自由英作文 添削のお願い 

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い (120字~150字)                                                                                       条件・ 日本は民主主義国家ではない。                                                                                                   I do not agree with this statement. I think the meaning of this word "democracy" is that a people can live actively in a country. There are many reasons why I think so, but I would like to write here two reasons about it. First, the education system in Japan is so a firm that children and student can study various subjects which will be very convenient in a society. I think that this would make it possible for them to live actively in Japan. Second, people have various rights for living in Japan. Thanks to these rights, people can live in Japan safely, and actively. Thus, I do not agree that Japan is not a democratic country and what is important is how you take an action actively. (127字)                                                               今回は難しかったです。いつも制限時間として20分を設けてやっているのですが、今回はそれを超えてしまいました。また、文章もまとまりがないかなとも思います。文法面を中心に評価をお願いいたします。                                                              

• 一橋大学 自由英作文

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。 There are three reasons for suggesting that the establishment of a cashless society should benefit society. First, it is convenient. In such a society, we would not bother to count bills or take with us a purse full of changes. All we have to do is to pay by a credit card. Therefore we could purchase things smoothly and conveniently. Second, a cashless society is safe. In other words, there is nothing to steal. Elaborating on it, we do not have to take wit us anything embarrassing to steal. Finally, the establishment of a cashless society would possibly lead to economic equality. Unlike the currency of each country, one global currency like a world credit card could be made use of all over the world. If a global currency spreads more and more, we could be able to take a step toward the unification of the world. Consequently, the establishment of a cashless society would benefit humanity. 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。