Japan should open its doors to foreign workers

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Japan is facing a shortage of workforce due to declining birthrate and increasing life span of Japanese people. Opening its doors to foreign workers is necessary to maintain competitiveness in the world.
  • Exclusionary business practices of the Japanese need to change in the era of globalization. Accepting foreign workers will promote diversity and help Japan stay updated with the changing times.
  • In order to assess the quality of the essay, the writer is seeking feedback on logical arguments, grammar and syntax errors, effective expressions, and an overall evaluation based on the standards of admission to Hitotsubashi University.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

一橋大学 自由英作文 part.5 <Japan should open its doors to foreign workers.> 2006

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。 I am in favor of the subject saying Japan should open its doors to foreign workers. First, Japan is now running short of workforce. In Japan, the birthrate is continuing to decline steadily, while the Japanese life span is spreading longer and longer. Therefore it goes without saying that the aging of society is inevitable. For this reason, in order to keep up its competitiveness in the world Japan must be ready to accept foreign workers. Second reason is exclusionary business practices of the Japanese. Have you ever feel strange to hear foreigners speaking their own language in Japan? It is said that the Japanese are exclusionism. But now globalization is spreading into almost all the areas, sticking to our stereotypical practices would lead us to be behind the times. Therefore we should start to change our minds by the means of accepting foreign workers.(145words) 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。 *今回は150文字に逼迫してしまったのでconclusion sentenceを削除しました。 論理展開・特に採点者の印象など、大丈夫でしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mbx
  • ベストアンサー率40% (16/40)
回答No.1

- どういう出題、ないし設問になっているのか不明なのですが、「日本は外国人労働者に門戸を開くべきであるか否かというテーマ」なら a subject of whether (or not) Japan should open its doors to foreign workers ですが、「日本は~べきである」という一意見に対する賛意なので、そもそも subject ではないと思いますがいかがでしょう。 - Japan is now running short of workforce -> There has been a labor shortage in Japan (間違いではないですが...) - the birthrate is continuing to decline -> its birthrate keeps falling [dropping] (間違いではないですが...) - life span is spreading longer and longer -> life span is getting longer and longer - it goes without saying that the aging of society is inevitable -> it is clear that there will be an inevitable aging of the society - Japan must be ready to accept foreign workers ->「外国人労働者を受け入れなければならない」というのは大結論なので、わざわざ途中で入れるのはどうかと思います。「労働力が足りない」なら、「競争力を維持するために労働力を補給する必要がある」(そのためには、外国人労働者を受け入れる必要がある) ということだと思います。全体を読んでいて気になったのは、筆者が言いたいことは「てんこ盛り」なのに、それとは裏腹に舌足らずな分は「読者が脳内で補完してください」のような流れになっていることです。 - Second reason is exclusionary business practices of the Japanese. Have you ever feel strange to hear foreigners speaking their own language in Japan? It is said that the Japanese are exclusionism. 「賛意の理由が日本の排他的な商慣習」になっています。「排他的な商慣習を打破したい」ということでしょうか。最後の文はいけません; I am orange juice. と同じです (-> exclusionists)。feel -> felt (ただし、意図する文意がよくわかりません) language -> languages - lead us to be behind the times -> be は不要。「時代の趨勢に取り残される」のような文意だと思いますが、だれが読むのかわかりませんが、「時代がこうだから」、「人がこうやっているから」などが理由となる理由がわかりません。欧米人にそんな「理由」を挙げると、「時代がそう、人がそうだったら、なぜそうしないといけないの」と聞き返されます。 最後になってなんですが、一橋大の英語はよくわかりません。ただ、国立大を受験する他の高校生のレベルから考えると、よくできていると思います。受験生に限らず成人でもそうなのですが、冠詞の軽視、単数複数の間違いなどの甚だしい人が多いので、その点などはよく気を使っていると思います。

関連するQ&A

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 part.3 <The low birth rate is not really a problem for Japan.> 2008

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。   I contend the low birth rate not be a real problem for Japan for this reason.   The problem of the low birth rate does not make sense. That is, what are we worried about? Some may say the reason is that we could keep up our competitiveness in the world, but why do we stick to the Japanese children? There are so many people who want to work in Japan that the Japanese could accept them, substituted for the Japanese children. In fact, the recent politics are dedicated to improving the birth rate, while it is spending huge money. But if we bring ourselves to hire foreign workers, is there so efficient a thing but its way? Therefore, what the Japanese government has to do is undertake sweeping deregulations whose purpose is that more and more foreign workers live in Japan.   In conclusion, the low birth rate is not really a problem for Japan, for we find the clear solution. 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。 ※ちなみに、今回のトピックは2008年度の一橋過去問で「低出生率はさほど悪くはない」ということについて述べさせるものなのですが、常識とは違う角度から述べさせる少し書きにくいトッピックだったと思っています。 そこで「低出生率は悪くない」に反論、つまり常識論を述べてもいいのでしょうか? それは出題者の意図と反して、減点を食らったりしないのでしょうか? 合わせて答えていただきたいです。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です There are two reasons for suggesting that English should be the only foreign language worth studying. First, it goes without saying that English is the most widespread language. For this reasons, more and more people are rushing to make use of English language, so there is a possibility that English will enable us to communicate all over the world. Second, whether it is good or not, it is true that America is the center of the world economics, politics, and so on. We cannot rule out that there is a possibility to lead a life without any foreign influence, but now we always have a foreign effect, especially an American effect, on our modern life. Therefore, if we persist in our mother-tongue, we would be behind the times without fail. Consequently, we cannot help but study English language. 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします

周りに添削を頼める人がいないので添削をお願いします。 ネット上で添削するのは手間がかかるでしょうから、気づいた点などを挙げていただくだけでも結構です。 (問) 以下の意見に関して自分の考えを120~150文字で述べなさい。 Japan should open its doors to foreign workers. (答) I agree with this statement. When you think about this problem,you should divide foreign workers into two groups. One is people who are smart like graduating from famous college.They would come to Japan because they want to get business chance they can earn a lot of money. The other is people who cannot earn enough money to live in their own countries,for example China or Malaysia. The former can contribute Japan to flourish.The more money they earn,the more japanese economy improve. The later also can,because Japan will not have enough labor because of decreasing its population in the future. Certainly ,if a lot of foreign people come to Japan,they could destroy japanese culture,and japasese people will not get comfortable. But japanese people understand foreign culture,and foreign people also do. Thus,Japan should open its doors to foreign workers. (日本文) 私はこの意見に同意します。 この問題について考えるとき、外国人労働者を2つのグループに分ける必要がある。ひとつは有名な大学を卒業するような賢い人々だ。彼らはたくさんのお金を稼げるビジネスチャンスをつかむために日本に来るだろう。 もう一方は中国やマレーシアなど自分自身の国では生活するために十分なお金を稼げない人々である。 前者は日本の繁栄に貢献できる。彼らが多くのお金を稼げば稼ぐほど、日本の経済は発達する。後者も、日本の人口が減少することにより労働者が十分に確保できないだろうことから、同じように貢献できる。 確かに、もし多くの外国人労働者が日本に来ると、彼らは日本の文化を破壊するかもしれない、そして日本人は不快になるだろう。 しかし、日本人が外国人労働者の文化を理解すれば、彼らも同じように理解するだろう。 したがって、日本は外国人労働者に扉を開くべきだ。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。 There are three reasons for suggesting that the establishment of a cashless society should benefit society. First, it is convenient. In such a society, we would not bother to count bills or take with us a purse full of changes. All we have to do is to pay by a credit card. Therefore we could purchase things smoothly and conveniently. Second, a cashless society is safe. In other words, there is nothing to steal. Elaborating on it, we do not have to take wit us anything embarrassing to steal. Finally, the establishment of a cashless society would possibly lead to economic equality. Unlike the currency of each country, one global currency like a world credit card could be made use of all over the world. If a global currency spreads more and more, we could be able to take a step toward the unification of the world. Consequently, the establishment of a cashless society would benefit humanity. 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い 2007年度 (120語~150語)                                                                               条件・ 日本は九月から学校を始業するべきだ。について述べなさい。                                                                                I agree the statement that the school in Japan should start in September. I have two reasons why I think so. First, these days, the world is getting smaller and smaller and I think that it is important for us to look around the world. For example, America has introduced this system for a long time. Considering an increace of people who are American and want to study in Japan, we have to introduce this system quickly. Second, it gose without saying that September is in a fall in Japan and the temperature is a little colder than a spring, so we can concentrate on studying. Thus, I agree that the school year in Japan should start in September and I think what is important is how we make use of this system. (133語)                                                                                          文法面を中心に添削をお願いいたします。宜しくお願いします。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い 2009年度 (120~150字)                                                                                 条件・ 日本は豊かな国である。について述べなさい。                                                                                          I agree to this statement. I have two reasons why I am for this statement. First, from an educational point of view, more and more young people are studying foreign languages such as English, Chinese, and so on. It has recently been said that they want to work in a global world. I think that the current education system in japan would make it possible for them to have the idea. Sencondly, from a medical point of view, the birth rate is getting fewer and fewer and the number of old people is getting more and more these days, but there is a so firm medical system in japan that the system help us solve these problrm. Thus, I think that these two great systems are bases of japan and make japan rich country. (134字)                                                                                                今回も少し難しかったです。文法面を中心に採点していただけると助かります。宜しくお願い致します。                                                        

• 一橋英語 自由英作

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。 There are three reasons for insisting that the Japanese should have more rest. First, we must promote the birthrate. Anyway the trouble we have had now is the decline of the birthrate. I think that it is responsible partly for the long work time of the Japanese, for the more we work the less time we spend in family time. Therefore we have to be set free from public time. Second, generally speaking, the Japanese are too devoted themselves to their work, relatively to other developed countries. I know the case where some died of overwork, so the government should undertake regulations to lower working hours. Finally, I think of this suggestion as a worksharing. In other words, the employed are set free, while the unemployed makes up for its lack. Probably, it can be the best way to get rid of earnings differentials. 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指南お願いします。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い 

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い (120字~150字)                                                                                       条件・ 日本人はもっと長い休暇が必要である。について述べなさい。                                                                                I agree with this statement. These days, there are many problems which are concerned with work. I think that many people who work everyday seem to be very tired. I once read in the news paper that some people died because they worked too hard though their physical strength was not so strong. I think that Japanese people are tend to make efforts to achive something they have to do although it is not always the case, so if there are more free time for workers, these problems could be solved. I think that there are two merit in a long vacation. First, needless to say, they can have more time for rest. Secondly, they can develop their skills using a long vacation.Thus, I agree that Japanese need longer vacation and this will make it possible for workers to feel more happier. (143字)                                                                                                                  文法面を中心に採点して下さると嬉しいです。また文の構造面(特にbecause~thoughのところなど)もよろしくお願いします。

• 一橋大学 自由英作文 part.4 <Humankind should return to nature.> 2001

こんにちは。受験生です 私は来年一橋大学を受験しようと思っています。 そこで皆さんには一橋英語の自由英作文を添削してもらいたいと思います。 ただ、パソコン上でいちいち添削してもらうのも忍びないので、 1)論理・説得力 2)特筆するほどの文法・構文ミス 3)使える表現, 幅広く使える定型表現など 4)総合点(やはり一橋を基準としたときに、それは合格点をいただけるのかどうか、などです)) をつけていただきたいと思います。もちろんコメントだけでも結構です。 I think that humankind need not return to nature. Some may say that humankind should return to nature, because our civilized culture has done too much harm to the earth and the world is faced with an unprecedented crisis. But I believe that there is a possibility that even our present culture plays an important role in the global environmental conservation. First, the society where information technology is developed would lead to a paperless society. In this society we can lead a present life without cutting enormous trees. Second, what the civilized are absorbed in is replacing goods into information. Goods need sacrifice something, while information need not cost anything. From this view, we are in the saving energy society. To sum up, even if we keep up our living standard, we can dispense with the damage to the earth, so humankind does not have to return to nature. (149words) 読みにくい、稚拙な英文で申し訳ないです。 ぜひ一読した上でご指導お願いします。

• 一橋大学  自由英作文 添削のお願い 

一橋大学 自由英作文 添削のお願い (120字~150字)                                                                                       条件・ 日本は民主主義国家ではない。                                                                                                   I do not agree with this statement. I think the meaning of this word "democracy" is that a people can live actively in a country. There are many reasons why I think so, but I would like to write here two reasons about it. First, the education system in Japan is so a firm that children and student can study various subjects which will be very convenient in a society. I think that this would make it possible for them to live actively in Japan. Second, people have various rights for living in Japan. Thanks to these rights, people can live in Japan safely, and actively. Thus, I do not agree that Japan is not a democratic country and what is important is how you take an action actively. (127字)                                                               今回は難しかったです。いつも制限時間として20分を設けてやっているのですが、今回はそれを超えてしまいました。また、文章もまとまりがないかなとも思います。文法面を中心に評価をお願いいたします。