• ベストアンサー

海外メーカーへの質問に対する回答(英語)が分かりません

こんにちは 米国のパソコン周辺機器メーカーにメールで質問したのですが彼らの回答の英語の一部が理解できません。 やり取りの概略は、そのメーカーのある新製品がいつ頃発売開始になるのか問い合わせたところ、まだ時間が掛かるので今ある既存の製品はどうかと勧められている、といった内容です。 今までに2往復された彼らとのメール全文と、理解できない英語を下記に掲載しますので分かる方がいらしたら是非教えてください。 最初の私の質問: Hello I am using Dell Axim x51v and Citizen mobile printer PD-22 and the printer can print from the PDA via IrDA successfully. Now I am considering to put ACT-BT5711U between the PDA and the printer so that the printer prints from the PDA via Bluetooth since IrDA require the PDA on the straight line to the printer, which is sometime difficult when on the go. Does ACT-BT5711U work in the above configuration? これに対する回答: BT5711U is a Bluetooth-to-Raw IR bridge, not Bluetooth-to-IrDA, so it won't work with Citizen mobile printer PD-22, because PD-22 supports only IrDA. However, we have new product called BT5712U which does support Bluetooth-to-IrDA, we are developping it and will release soon. You may consider this new product. Thanks. これに対する私の更なる質問: Please let me know if you have any idea when the new product BT5712U is released. これに対する回答(分からない英語はこの中にあります): Yet BT5712U product is not release due to other products are under priority. But your requirement is important to us and like to work with you, So can you provide feedback on following to serve better way. 1) Does Dell Axim x51v has bluetooth built in? Does it has SPP (serial Port Profile)? Normally SPP is common profile so must be there. 2) Your annual requirement for such a product? 3) I checked your printer spec: http://www.retrevo.com/search?q=Citizen+Systems+PD-22&rt=sp it does support IrDA and RS232 We have similar customer who is using our ACT-BT5711S with O'Neil MicroFlash 4T Thermal printer, It has RS232 port and talking directly to Bluetooth and it is working fine. This will skip IR conversion steps. You may like to test that one with your setup. You can order one and test. If not working fine we can refund back. You may need to pay all handling charges. 4) Actually, for BT5712U product, at present for OEM requirment we are giving off the self testing unit (two different product ACT-BT5701S-v2 + IR100SD) but if your requirement is single unit and direct than that can not be a good solution for you. Please, let me know does you need single unit or will have OEM requirement later? 5) Which IrDA protocol does this printer support, IrCOMM OR IrLPT? IF you need any technical info OR interface/installtion detail, be free to ask. To place order for BT5711S, You can directly contact our sales person Ms Sarojini Chandra on following address OR use URL (http://www.actisys.com/ACTISYSOrderForm.doc) to download order form and fax it. Waiting to hear from you 私がわからない英語: 1.上記の回答の中の 2) Your annual requirement for such a product? にある annual requirement とは具体的にどういう意味なのか? (1年間にどのくらいの頻度で使っているかということか。回答としては「毎日使っている」と書けばよいか。) 2.上記の回答の中の 4) で彼らが言っている意味が分かりません。特にOEM requirment、self testing unit の二つの言葉の意味が不明なため英文全文が分かりません。(もしあなたが将来この新製品をOEM製造販売するつもりならテスト機を貸し出すことは可能だが、単に1個のみを購入するだけならテスト機を貸し出すことは出来ない、という意味か?) この私の疑問点に何らかのアドバイスといただける方はよろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • micronpen
  • ベストアンサー率65% (21/32)
回答No.2

先方は会社ベースの発注があるかどうかを知りたがっています。 将来、大量にOEMの発注をしてくれる可能性があるなら、製品リリースの優先順位を上げたり、試験機の提供をしますということです。 Annual requirement は年間に何台位発注してくれるか知りたいと言っています。

actonpower
質問者

お礼

どうもありがとうございます。 >先方は会社ベースの発注があるかどうかを知りたがっています。 全く思いもつきませんでしたがこう考えると全てのつじつまが合います。この解釈が正解だと思いました。 この解釈に従って回答しようと思います。

その他の回答 (3)

• Wendy02
  • ベストアンサー率57% (3570/6232)
回答No.4

>日本とアメリカの文化の違いから来る誤解なのでしょうかねえ。 私も問い合わせはしますが、このようなメールは一度もありませんでしたね。もともと、最初に、Hello ですから、商売のメールではありません。ただ、#1でも書いたように、ご質問者さんの質問の発売時期の質問など、要件としては終わっているように思います。

• Wendy02
回答No.3

#2さんの言うことはごもっともなのですが、質問者の問い合わせ文の、"I am using ..."で、全体の状況からして、個人がメーカーにサポートの問い合わせだと考えました。それで、相手が、年間何台の注文をしてくれるか、と相手が言うものでしょうか、思いも付きませんでしたね。 まあ、相手が、ご質問者さんをインポーターと考えると相手の対応の文面とかつじつまは合うのですが……。ご質問者さんが、会社名でメールを出して、新製品の購入予定があるというなら、これは最初から話が違いますね。

actonpower
質問者

お礼

私も全く同感でした。 最初の問い合わせから一貫して個人メールで問い合わせており会社名を出しているわけではなかったので、相手も当然個人使用者からの個人的な質問と受け取っているだろうと無意識に考えていました。 ただ、#2さんの解釈だと全てのつじつまが合います。 日本とアメリカの文化の違いから来る誤解なのでしょうかねえ。 勉強になりました。

• Wendy02
回答No.1

こんにちは。 私がハードが苦手で、細かく調べて読んでいませんし、詳しいところはわかりません。 ざっと読んだ限りですが、 いずれにしても、ご質問者さんの質問の Please let me know if you have any idea when the new product BT5712U is released. に対して、 Yet BT5712U product is not release due to other products are under priority. の回答で、内容的には終わっているとは思います。 その後は、担当者は親切心か、気を回しすぎで、たぶん、トンチンカンというか、きちんとした受け答えになっているのではないか、と思いました。(日本のメーカー・サポートのように、手前勝手な内容よりはずっとマシだと思います。) >2) Your annual requirement for such a product? だけでは、分かりませんが、 その前のここの文章に繋がるものだと思います。 So can you provide feedback on following to serve better way. 2) Your annual requirement for such a product? そのような製品を年間で要求するか? つまり、feedback のことか? ------------------------------------------- 1)は、Dell Axim x51vに、ブルートゥースのビルトインが付いているか。 それは、SPPがあるか? 2)そのような製品を年間で要求するか? 3) Citizen+Systems+PD-22 に、IrDA と RS232 にはサポートしているので、 O'Neil MicroFlash 4T Thermal printer に 弊社のACT-BT5711S を使っている顧客がいるので、その顧客は、RS232ポートがあって、直接、ブルートゥースに直接繋げて、上手く行っている。これは、IR 変換のステップをスキップしている。 4)実際に、BT5712Uは、現在は、OEMの要求基準のために、テスト中である。 しかし、単体では上手くいかない、ACT-BT5701S-v2(自社製品) + IR100SD ←他社製品/Adapter ? もし、単体かOEM製品が必要なら教えてほしい。 5) Which IrDA protocol does this printer support, IrCOMM or IrLPT? プリンターのサポートは、IrDAプロトコルのIrCOMM or IrLPTのどちらか? きちんと読んでいないので、読み違えているかもしれません。

関連するQ&A

• 大至急!英語の出来る方助けてください。

DearOO Thank you for your email...... Our premium unit has already been reserved. We can show you the premium unit and if you would like to stay there, you would have to transfer before 08 Aug since this is the time it has been reserved. The cost is POOOO/mo + electricity. Meantime, we have our regular one bedroom unit at POOOOO/mo + electricity...... We can discuss this when you arrive here.... We have your reservation for OO Jul - OO Aug for one month stay for 2 adults in our one bedroom unit at POOOOOO/mo + electricity. Our front desk phone no. is OOOOO We welcome you and look forward to seeing you at OOOOOO この英文を日本語にしてください。よろしく御願い致します。

• 海外文通をしているのですが,おかしな英語の部分の指摘をお願いします(*

海外文通をしているのですが,おかしな英語の部分の指摘をお願いします(*_*) 相手から来た手紙に対する返事で,途中から文が始まっていますが…お願いします!! Your country has deep historys and you live in the beautiful place! Does the story become Grimm's Fairy Tales(グリム童話)? I'd like to read it. Germany is very cold, isn't it! The place where I live had snow just a little while ago, but it was not piled up. Both A and B are very famoust music! It is enviable why German have great composers. My teacher who told me in English loves German, and she has been German before. How place is Bavaria? (Bavariaはどんなところですか?はこれで良いんですか??) Is there near from your house? I'd like to visit German! If I visit German, I'd like to visit Nurnberg and Regersburg. Are you interested in Japan? Do you have any question about Japan? And have you ever been go abroad? 添削お願いします!

• 助詞「と」について 英語で回答希望

日本語の助詞についておしえてください。 日本語のテストあります。これは2回目の同じ質問?です。英語で教えてほしいです。 This is my second time to ask for your help, I am in the middle of studying japanese for JLPT3 and I need your assistance for figure them out. Here is the 2 questions. (1)because of you I became stronger So I wrote: 毎日私は強いなります。 Someone said it meant strong like fighting. and "よろしくお願いします” to be about studying. I didn't know the kanji/words it's using. I would like to know why it is and what it is. (2)Thinking "my japanese is slowly better because of you". I wrote 私の日本語がゆっくり良いのであなたです。 Someone said 私の日本語がだんだんと良くなるのは、あなたのおかげです。is correct. But also some are said it is a little awkward and they would say they can omit と and だんだん~になる seems more natural to say. I have no idea which is correct and why it is. That's when I realized, I need なる to make it "becomes better". I also knew "だんだん" but I didn't know why it used "と" or why と"? Why not just "だんだん良くなる?" I didn't understand why that particle(と) was there and why the sentence was made the way it was. Your assistance would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

• 英語を訳していただきたいです。

ある長文の中である五つの例文を訳していただきたいです。 1.But one is the richer in true and useful wisdom, the more one reads. 2.There are so many good books in the world that it is foolish to waste time on one that does not give you pleasure and profit (unless reading it is a requirement to pass an examination, or something like that). 3.However, if you find yourself bored by a book that many well-informed people regard as important and readable, be fair with yourself and confess that perhaps the shortcoming is not in the book but in you. 4.A book which now seems dull or difficult will prove easy to grasp and fascinating to read when you are more mature intellectually. 5.They lack the background and the maturity of mind necessary to meet the author of the book on his own intellectual level. 長ったらしいですが、分かる方は教えていただきたいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• メール返信に必要な【英語訳】をお願いします。

Your English is fine. It is very easy to understand and very proper. Keep writing to us for practice. (妻の名前) would like to see pictures of your baby and hear more from you. How is your mom doing? (妻の名前) says you and your mom should move here. 上記の文章です。 お手数をおかけしますが宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語のHow~について

中3です。 英文法で How far is it to your house? というのが出てきたのですが How much does it cost you to buy this box? というのもあります。 この文の中で、How muchの後に is it とdoes it があるのですが、なぜ違うのでしょうか。 お願いします。

• 和訳

You have within yourself a touchstone by which finally you can test every book that your brain is capable of comprehending. Does the book seem to you to be sincere and true? If it does,you need not worry about your immediate feelings,or the possible future consequences of the book. You will ultimately like the book,and you will be justified in liking it. Honestly in literature as in life, is the quality that counts first and counts last. 和訳をお願いします。

• 英語の長文の訳について質問です。

英語の訳なのですが、前回の質問に引き続き、分からない部分を書き出しているので分かりにくいと思いますがよろしくお願いします。 It is our intention to operate and maintain the community in which you now live as one of the outstanding communities in the Brownsville area. We hope it will be an aid to you in enjoying your new home. There us a limit on the number of people allowed to occupy your home. A limited number of guests mat stay with you for three days. After three days, we may assume they are resudents. If you find a need to have more peole living in your home than allowed by your lease, contact the manager to see if it can be allowed. Having more people than allowed is a violation of your rental agreement. You may incur additional charges and/or have your rental agreement terminated.

• it take youについて

お世話になっております。 以下についてお教え頂けないでしょうか。 How long does it take you to cook your favorite dish? (1)どうしてyouが入るのでしょうか? youを省くと文法的におかしいでしょうか? (2)How long does it take from the station to your house. という文を私が作ってみました。 youは入らないと思いますが、最初の英文のように How long does it you to take from the station to your house. とできるのでしょうか? ご指導頂ければ幸甚でございます。

• 質問(英語)

製品のプレゼンをするのにいい英訳教えて下さい。 添削おねがいします。(商品靴) THIS PRODUCT IS TOP MODEL. THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT IS THIRTEEN HUNDRED. IT'S ABOUT ONE HUNDRED EIGHTEEN. WE HAVE ADDED A NEW FEATURE TO THE PRODUCT. 〇〇 DEVELOPED WITH 〇〇 IS INSTALLED,AND IT IS EXELLENT IN THE ANTI-BACTERIUM DEVELOPMENT. AND AN EXELLENT SHOCK-ABSORPTION MATERIAL 〇〇IS INSTALLED TOO. THE TARGET OF THESE PRODUCTS IS IN THIRTIES. SO,IT HAS PROPOSED BY THE DESIGN AND THE COLOR. THIS PRUDUCT WAS DEVELOPED FOR BIGINNERS. IT IS AN ULTRALIGHT MODEL OUR PRIMARY MARKET IS OLDER PEOPLE. BUT,WE WANTED TO FOCUS ON YOUNGER TARGET ALL THE TIME. THEREFOR WE'VE DEVELOPED THIS PRODUCT. THIS IS THE WONDERFUL PRODUCTS WITH WHICH THE DESIGN AND FUNCTIONALITY WERE COMPARTIBLE. IT'S ALSO EQUIPPED WITH A HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL 〇〇