• ベストアンサー

FROM EVERY WORD

手紙の英訳を頼まれたのですが・・・ 娘からの電話の一言一言から 娘があなた達家族といかに楽しく暮らしているかわかりました。 と書くのに、 FROM EVERY WORD SHE SAID ON THE PHONE, I COULD FEEL HOW HAPPY SHE IS. でいいのでしょうか。 宜しくお願いします(´_`。)

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • duosonic
  • ベストアンサー率51% (585/1140)
回答No.1

こんにちは。 お書きになられた通りで良いと思いますよ。文法的には時制の一致で: ・From every word she said on the phone, I could tell how happy she was with you. 、、、となるのだと思いますが、「今も彼女はハッピーで、電話でもそれが伝わる」ということですから、「I」以下は全部現在形でも良いと思います: ・From every word she said on the phone, I can tell how happy she is with you. ・英訳では「あなた達家族と」の部分が飛んでいるようですが、with you と言っておけば 100%伝わります。 ・この場合「確証を持って識別できる、断言できる」ということで tell も行けますが、「私にはそう思えた」ということで feel でも構いません。 ・何故全文が大文字になっているのか分かりませんが、普通は手紙も小文字ですね。 ご参考までに。

kochouran6
質問者

お礼

そういえば大文字で書いてしまいました。なぜだろう・・・(´_`。) これですっきりしました。ありがとうございました。 でも自分の癖で feelを使ってしまうのですが、やはり tellのほうがよさそうですね( ^_ ^ 。)

その他の回答 (1)

• Agee
  • ベストアンサー率42% (414/964)
回答No.2

全文大文字というのはテレックスか電報ですね。アメリカ人の中には全文小文字というメールを送って来る人間もいますが、怠惰な性格としか思えません。こちらの文面の中に返事を全文大文字で挿入するアメリカ人が一人いますが、読みにくいことこの上もありません。コミュニケーションというのは、相手を思いやりながら意思の疎通を図るのが基本ですから、異様な書き方は慎んだ方がいいと思います。

kochouran6
質問者

お礼

メッセージありがとうございます。 そういえば全文大文字になってました(´_`。)汗 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• how の訳し方

(1) How does she know we haven't received any letters from her? (2) How do you know she is fine?  (3) How to make a phone call (1)私たちが一通も彼女からの手紙を受け取っていないことを、彼女はどのような方法で知るんだろう? (2)彼女が元気だって事をあなたはどのようにして知るの? (3)電話のかけ方 とそれぞれ訳したのですが、おかしな点はありませんか?  よろしくお願いします。

• “from” と ”after“ の用法

1.「いつまで休暇を取るのですか。」 Untill when are you going to be on vacation? の文例が辞書に  記載されていましたが、「いつから」の文例をみつけることが出来ませんでした。  そこで質問です。 1.1 I’m on vacation from tomorrow. (明日から休暇を取ります。)に対応する  「いつから休暇を取るのですか。」の下記英訳は正しいでしょうか。  From when are you going to be on vacation? ・・・(1)  1.2 ある申請書のフォームが更新されました。そこで申請書の提出先に問い合わせる状況です。  「旧フォームはいつから拒絶されされますか。」の下記英訳で、  “From when”、“After when” は正しいでしょうか。  From when will the old application form be rejected?・・・(2)  After when will the old application form be rejected?・・・(3) 2.下記2つの英文は同じ意味になりますでしょうか。  The old application form will be rejected on and after September 13th.・・・(4)  The old application form will be rejected from September 13th.・・・(5) 3.(4)の変形でThe old application form will be rejected after September 13th.・・・(6)   の文(“on and”無し)があったと仮定して下さい。   afterだけだと13日が含まれるのかどうか曖昧なため、13日が含まれるのどうかを確認するため、  「13日はそれ以降拒絶される日ですか。」と問い合わせする場合、下記英文は正しいでしょうか。   Is “September 13th“ the day from which the old application form is rejected?.・・・(7)   下記の表現のほうが明確ですが、今回は“from which” の可否を調べるため文例ですので、御理解ください。   Is “September 13th“ the first day (that/when) the old application form is rejected.・・・(8)

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いしますm(._.)m

次の英文の和訳をお願いしますm(._.)m So what's the alternative? She could express her feelings with "I feel” statements. How does she feel? She feels ticked off! So why not just say this instead of being argumentative? She could also try to understand what he's thinking and feeling. How does he feel? He feels shut out and ignored. She could say, "I feel put down and angry, but I know there's some truth in what you say. Apparently you think I've put my career first and you feel rejected. Is this the way you feel? If so, could understand why you feel hurt and angry." 長くなってしまいましたが、よろしくお願いしますm(._.)m

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

My husband and I enjoy going to estate sales. Recently, we were shocked when we heard an estate sales representative ask an older lady if she could afford what she was looking at. The woman answered yes. Shortly after that, as the woman was leaving, the estate representative asked her if she could search the pockets in her jacket! She said yes, and nothing was found on her. The estate sales representative followed up with, You know how it is. We were appalled, to say the least. We had been browsing right along with the older lady and saw nothing suspicious. What do you make of this? Should we have said something? The estate sales representative followed up with, You know how it is.の和訳をよろしくお願いします

• 二者択一問題で・・・

どうしても分からないものがあったので、回答お願いします。 (1)the phone rang while I(tooK/was taking) a both. (2)This is a very easy question.Every body(knows/is knowing)the answer. (3)Look!The sun(sets/is setting)below the horizon. (4)She (has/ is having)lunch at 12:30 almost every day. です。

• 英文法チェックお願いします

1. I feel inferior to younger brother because he does better everything than me. 2. I am always surprised about how well he talks. 3. Taylor swift are becoming more and more popular because of her beautiful voice. 1. it is said that Coach is not expensive store in the USA although it is expensive in Japan. The reason why Coach is Expensive in Japan is a lot of duty on the way to Japan from USA.

• 英語の置き換え問題。

分からなくて困っています。 分かる方教えてください。 次の文がほぼ同じ意味になるよう( )内に適切な一語をいれなさい。 (1)The stream was so narrow that he could jump across it. →The stream was narrow ( ) ( ) him ( ) jump across. (2)It is said that she robbed him of his wallet. →She is said ( ) ( ) ( ) him of his wallet. (3)It is danjerous forchildren to play with lighters. →Lighters are ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) . 意味も付けて頂けると嬉しいです!!

• howの用法について

But William kept on building. Finally, the windmill was ready for its first test. People gathered around. William climbed up the tower. Someone said, "Let's see how crazy this boy really is." Let's see how crazy this boy really is.のhowはどういう意味と用法で用いられているかどなたかわかる人教えてくれないでしょうか?

• よろしくお願いします

Both of my parents are alcoholics. Every time they drink, they don't know how to act, especially my mom. She is the worst type of drunk a person could be; she urinates on herself, and she yells. There have been times when she has tried to put her hands on me for hiding the alcohol from her. urinates on herselfは「おもらしをする」でしょうか?あと、ここでの put her handsはどのよな意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の文を英語で言うとすると何て言えばいいですか?

『単語自体は何て言ったかわかった。彼女の言った単語の50%はわかった。 しかし彼女が何を言ったかはわからない。 単語は聞き取れたが、文になるとわからない。 文になると単語の意味がいろいろな意味に変わるからだ。』 I got the word itself she said. I could catch at fifty percent what she said. But I don't make sense what she told me. I could catch the word she said, but sentence is concerned, I can't understand. Because the meaning is the word is changing of various ways in the sentence. これでいいでしょうか?