• ベストアンサー

英語圏の国の人からのメール・・・・

こんにちは。 今デートしているアメリカ人の彼からこんなメールが来たのですが、どのような意味ですか? 彼は、彼と私の写真やデートしていることを彼のベストフレンドに話した、と言う状況らしいんですが・・・ We talked about you, and I showed him some of our pictures. He is jealous of me, because I get to be with you. I don't blame him. haha "get to be with"これってどう訳すのですか?一緒に夜を過ごしたことをその彼のベストフレンドが羨ましがってるってことですか? 英語圏の方とのメール交換に慣れていらっしゃる方、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • vegan
  • ベストアンサー率47% (124/261)
回答No.4

普通、 "get to be with you" というのは、単に「君と一緒にいられる」と言う事で、「夜を一緒に過ごした」とは解釈しにくいです。 get は現在形ですから、過去の事を話してはいませんし。 おそらく、あなたは奇麗/かわいい人で、きっと彼氏さんも、「僕の彼女は、とてもいい子なんだよ」みたいに自慢していて、それでお友達は「いいなあ、そんな子と付き合えて(一緒にいる事が出来て)」とうらやましがったのではないでしょうか。 ただ、彼氏さんの性格や、そのお友達との普段の会話にもよるとは思います。話の流れから、質問者さんと彼氏さんが intimate な関係である事が話されているのなら、 "get to be with you" の部分を、質問者さんがおっしゃられるように解釈する事も出来ると思います。

natural08
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 そうなんですよね、これは現在形ですから夜を過ごしたとは考えにくいですが・・・ 彼はよく私の話をその友達にするみたいです。もちろん、恋人関係に今あるかどうかは彼のお国柄まだわかりませんが、intimateの関係にあることは事実です。 う~ん、どっちなんだろう・・・難しいですね。

その他の回答 (3)

• miwamey
  • ベストアンサー率23% (89/371)
回答No.3

「付き合ってる」くらいの意味です。夜をすごしたことを言うのならもう少し露骨な言い方をすると思います。

natural08
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 交際するという意味でとってもよろしいのですよね・・・ お国柄、恋人の境界線が曖昧な分、よく混乱しますね。

• miknnik
  • ベストアンサー率48% (249/513)
回答No.2

"To be with (someone)" というのはそれ程深く考える事はなく、ただ一緒に時間を過ごす、同じスペースをシェアするぐらいの意味です。出張などで家族と長期離れた生活をする父親に、子供が "I'm dying to be with you again, Daddy!" という場面も考えられますね。

natural08
質問者

お礼

またのご回答ありがとうございます。 遅れて申し訳ありません。 そんな意味があったんですね。

• miknnik
  • ベストアンサー率48% (249/513)
回答No.1

Get to (do something) というのは「何々できる」ぐらいの意味ですが、単に「可能である」というだけでなく、本当にやりたい事をできるという願望到達のニュアンスがあります。 「やつは、俺が君と一緒になれて羨ましがってるんだよ。無理ないけどね。ハハハ」という感じかな。

natural08
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありあとうございます。 一緒になるの意味がいまいちどういう風な意味をもつのがよくまだ掴めません。。。 つまり寝て、一緒になると言った婉曲の表現として受け止めてよいのでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

I feel sorry for my ex.. He's trying so hard to win me back even though I keep telling him its useless and that I dont have those kind of feelings towards him anymore. Aw you really have no reason to be jealous. Of course no kissing. Trust me.

• 友達になれて嬉しいという意味の英語

英語での質問です。 SNSでフレンドリクエストしてきた外国人に、 友達になれて嬉しいという意味の英語は "I'm glad to be friends with you" でよろしいでしょうか? もっといい表現があればお願いいたします。

• If that does it

I have been friends with “Jon” for four years. He’s a great guy but not my type. Four months ago Jon got drunk, confessed his undying love for me, and tried to kiss me. I gently rejected him and got someone else to sober him up. The next day, Jon apologized. I told him I valued our friendship and since then, our things have gone back to normal—but several of our mutual friends are pressuring me to give Jon a chance. They ignore my refusals and try to sell me on him. One got very angry when I started dating someone new and accused me of stringing Jon along. I was honest with Jon, and I have tried to be kind (I don’t complain to him about my love life or anything). I have asked Jon several times if we are OK, and he said yes, but all this interference from our friends has left me with doubts. Jon and I have plans to go to France this summer with another friend, and I have spent a lot of money on nonrefundable tickets. Should I ignore all this or press Jon for more details? —Pining I don’t think it’s Jon you need to speak to right now. It’s possible that he’s been pretending to be fine while secretly complaining to your friends, but that’s not at all certain, and the people whose behavior is bothering you right now are your mutual friends—so tell them to knock it off. “I’ve been very clear with Jon from the start that I care about him as a friend and I’m not interested in him romantically. I’m not stringing him along, but I’m also tired of your attempts to convince me I ought to want to be with him. I don’t know why you think it would be a good start to a romantic relationship for one party to have to be repeatedly talked into it. I certainly don’t. You need to stop.” If that does it, great! If that does itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

The best thing you can do for your friendship, your family and your sanity is to get ahead of the resentment and be honest with him. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/dearannie/s-2087943 get ahead of the resentmentはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語に訳してください。よろしくお願いします。

・I was the only student in my school who brought lunch with a message written on the napkin by Dad, and I still remember how embarressed I felt. ・From the way my friends talked, I thought they wished they also received letters full of affection from someone who really loved them. ・Attached to the card sent to him were the signatures of all of my friends. ・A puzzle or joke that appears to be nonsense but has an amusing answer. ・To get or pick up suddenly and roughly.

• 添削してください

よろしければ英文の添削をお願いします。 ☆誰かと一緒に買い物に行くと、一人で行っていたら絶対買わないだろうなっていうものを買ってしまうことがあります。ある意味、衝動買いみたいなものだと思います。 When I go shopping with someone, I sometimes buy things which I wouldn't buy if I went by myself. I think it's a kind of impulse-shopping. ☆本当にその人が好きなら、ただ一緒にいられるだけでうれしいはず。デートでどこに行くかなんて重要じゃないよ。少なくとも私はそう思うけどなぁ。 If you really love the person, you will be happy just to be with him. Where you go on a date shouldn't matter. At least I think so. ☆いつかあなたに私の書いた絵を見てもらえる日が来るといいな。 I hope I will get the opportunity to show you the pictures I painted some day.

• 日本語にしてください(^_^)

Haha I wish I could come today!!! I wishhhhhhh It must be fun to live with you :-) お願いします\(^^)/

• 英語圏の方と話してて分からない英語があります。

ご多忙の中、失礼します。 宜しくお願い致します。 (1)食べてからだいぶ経つなぁ。おなかすいてきちゃった。 It's been some time since I eat. I'm hungry.   (2)新しい環境に慣れた? Do you get used to a new environment? (3)日本での生活には慣れた? Do you get used to life in Japan? (4)英語の発音が聞き取るのにまだ慣れていない。 I'm don't get used to the sound of English. (5)日本でお友達がいっぱいできましたか? Do you accumlate a lot of friends in Japan? (6)私は良いお友達がいてしあわせです。 I'm very fortunate to have a good friends. (7)次はいつスカイプできますか? これは全くわかりませんでした。 いつちゃっとできますか?なら When wikk we chat on skype? かな・・・。でも次はがわかりません。 以上、 間違っている表現、他にいい表現があれば教えてください! 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語が解らないのに外人の友人とメールをしています。

英語が解らないのに外人の友人とメールをしています。 10歳も年下に馬鹿にされたと思ったのですが私の解釈違いの様な気がします。 英語堪能な方、お願いいたします。 以下流れ 彼女;I'm having the politics class.I just fall asleep in class. 私;What?fall asleep?doze off?splest on?sleep like a top? You have a sence of humor! 彼女;I hope you will padon me!haha!do you have supper? 私;I have not get supper yet.I go easy with the food. 彼女;what a poor man! I'm going to have the english class. My stomach is not feel very well.So that my appetite is not so good. please take good care of youself.I think the God wiil bless you all the time. What are you busying on? 私;Are you angry?I'm not good english. 彼女;No,I meant that you should have dinner on time or you will have a bad stomach like me. 私;Good night. Sweet dreams. 彼女;We are friend ,so i will never be angry with you.clear? My friend Ken?I think your are tired today. good night.good dream. Kenは私の名前です。彼女は英語圏の人ではありません。 返信するのに20分位掛かります。 poor man で馬鹿にされて、「私は貴方より英語が解るのよ。 なんでそんなに時間が掛かるの。忙しいの」と思ったのですが 違う気がします。 彼女のプライバシーの内容を掲示板に書き込む事はどうかと、お叱りを受ける事が有ると思いますが 正しい和訳を教えて下さい。お願いいたします。

• 英語が得意な方翻訳して下さい<(_ _)>

英語が得意な方翻訳して下さい<(_ _)> This will be my last message to you. To be honest, I have fallen in love with you. But I'm sure that you don't feel the same way as I do. That's why, before I love you even more than now, I 've decided to give up my feelings for you. Even though I wanted to get to know you better and spend more time with you. I'm sure you're busy with your exams, but I wish you well. Take care of youreself.