• 締切済み

whereが分かりません。。。

英語の例文で勉強してるんですが、下記の文章で何故最初にwhereがつくのか分かりません。どなたか教えて下さい。 宜しくお願いします。 例文はこれです。 where a mother and her daughter spend an evening together at a jazz club and it says, "the experience is priceless". お母さんと娘が夜ジャズクラブに行って、「その経験はプライスレス」っていうの。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数5

みんなの回答

• ydna
  • ベストアンサー率63% (179/281)
回答No.3

文全体を提示して頂ければ、他の方も回答しやすかったのではと思います……。 で、本文全体をサイトから拾ってきました。 >You know a credit card commercial…where where は関係副詞で、先行詞が、a credit card commercial になります。 つまり、 where = in the credit card commercial と、なります。 「そのクレジットカードのコマーシャルの中で」という意味です。 it は、the credit card commercial です。 関係副詞の非制限的用法です。 Did you ever see a cell phone commercial, where a white dog speaks Japanese and French, and talks with people? のような文と同じです。 また、where 節中に場所の表現がかぶることは、よくあります。 Do you know where in the U.S. the actor is from? He runs a farm where all the chickens are grown in the clean cages. 以上、少しでもお役に立てたでしょうか?★★

• trgovec
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2538/4879)
回答No.2

これもしかしてこの文だけではなくて写真か絵の下にこの文が書いてありませんか。 写真か絵の下に (this is a scene) where a mother and her daughter spend an evening at a jazz club (これは)母娘がジャズクラブで一緒に夜を過ごしているところ(の場面)です and it says, "the experience is priceless". そしてこう書いてあります「その経験はプライスレス」 where は関係副詞、it says の say は物を主語にして「~と書いてある:(例)The letter says..(手紙には…と書いてある)」 this is a scene またはそれに相当する部分は見れば明らかなので省略しているのでしょう。

• hoell
  • ベストアンサー率17% (24/137)
回答No.1

Do What When 等と同じように文章の頭に付く言葉でも有って whereは母と娘がどこへ行ったかを伝えるためだと思うので at a Jazz clubを指してるように思いますがどうでしょう?

関連するQ&A

• よろしくお願いします

I have a 1-year-old daughter. On my days off, I like to try to get together with my friend, Stacey, a stay-at-home mom, and her 2-year old daughter and 1-year-old son. About a month ago, I accepted an invitation to her house and took my daughter to play with her children. My daughter had a head-cold—runny nose, occasional cough. I didn’t think it was a big deal since I would still have taken her to day care had it been a day that I was working. had it been a day that I was workingの意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My young-adult daughter and her partner have lived together for four years. They live 300 miles away. I am very fond of my daughter's partner and send her a birthday gift each year. I have never received a thank you. I'm flexible on the format -- a text would be fine with me, however ... nothing. flexible on the formatとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• out of touch

I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I out of touch? ここでのout of touchはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書にそれらしき意味がないのですが・・よろしくお願いします

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 現在完了形について

“Eric” and I were together for five years and had a horrible breakup a year ago. While we were together I grew very close to his daughter “Amy,” and she to me. Amy’s mom has not been in the picture for many years. Amy took our breakup badly, and pretty much took my side in everything. We’ve kept in touch and often done things together since Eric and I split. We basically don’t discuss him. I last spoke to Amy early in September. Since then she hasn’t called or texted. I’ve tried to contact her several times, telling her I miss her and asking about getting together. I’ve tried toはなぜ過去形ではなく現在完了形なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• loomed over her

Recently, my daughter “Sarah” and her best friend, “Lauren,” were playing outside. Lauren’s mom, “Kerry,” and I have become good friends, so she was over as well. Kerry is white, and Lauren’s father is black. While the girls were playing together and I was inside, Sarah apparently cracked her jump rope at Lauren and called her “my ——.” Kerry flew into a fury. She took Sarah’s jump rope, loomed over her, and read her the riot act. loomed over herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本和訳お願いします。

繰り返す前まででも構いません。わかる方、和訳お願いいたします。 I don't care what nobody says, we're gonna have a baby Taking off in a Coupe de Ville, she's buckled up on navy She don't care what her momma says, no, she's gonna have my baby I'm taking all I have to take because taken gonna shape me People call us renegades because we like living crazy We like takin' on the town because peoples gettin' lazy I don't care what nobody says, no, I'm gonna be her lover Always mad and usually drunk, but I love her like no other And the doctor seems to say he don't know Where we're gonna go I'm a ghost and I don't think I quite know Where we're gonna go People call us renegades because we like living crazy We like takin' on this town because peoples gettin' lazy I don't care what nobody says, no, I'm going to be her lover Always mad and usually drunk, but I love her like no other And her daddy doesn't think he quite knows Where we're gonna go I'm a ghost and I don't think I quite know Where we're gonna go Where we're gonna go Where we're gonna People call us renegades We like taking on this town I don't care what nobody says, we're gonna have a baby Taking off in a Coupe de Ville, she's buckled up on navy She don't care what her momma says, no, she's gonna have my baby I'm taking all I have to take because taken gonna shape me

• aとtheの違いなど

次の文でネイティブが読んで自然な方は、どの選択でしょうか。 (The / A) girl who played the piano yesterday (is / was) her daughter. 中学生用の例文プリントを作る際に困っています。 aかtheの使い分けは状況によって変わってくるかと思います。 その使う状況の違いについても言及いただければ助かります。

• hold it togetherの意味

I have a wife and child who have to eat and have to have a place to live and the only thing worse than work is seeing them go hungry or evicted from our home (my wife doesn’t workbecause we both want her to stay at home with our daughter). At least I have been able to hold it together for their sake so far. hold it together はイディオムでしょうか?意味は何でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I recently lost my wife after many years together. It was an amazing marriage, and I miss her immensely. I am looking to find a companion. The problem is, my daughter is not in my corner on this issue. not in my cornerは「賛成していない」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします