• ベストアンサー

英訳の添削お願いします。

企業提出用の志望動機の英訳の添削をお願いしたいです。 はじめに私が意図する文章を日本語で提示し、 そのあとに私が英訳した文を書きます。 アドバイスよろしくお願いします。 (※ここで一つ疑問があるのですが、 ”貴社”というのは "your good self"でいいのでしょうか? 以下の英文では、貴社をすべてyour good selfにしています。これも含め、アドバイスしていただきけたら嬉しいです。) 【日本語】 私が金融業界を志望した理由は、私が一生のうち必ず成し遂げたい人生の目標として「投資で得た利益によりチャリティー活動をする」というものがあり、その実現のために実践的に金融ビジネスについて学び、自分自身で投資やファンド運営により利益を上げられるような人材になりたいからです。 なぜそう思ったかというと、私は大学に入学する時に親が借金をしてしまい、大学入学に必要な費用をすべて自分で負担しなければならなくなりました。私は奨学金やアルバイトをすることで学費と生活費を稼ぎ大学に通うことができましたが、世界中で金銭的な理由により教育の機会を奪われている人がたくさんいるのだと考えさせられました。私はそのような人たちにお金を出す側から力になりたいと考えたのです。 その中でも貴社を選んだ理由は、貴社が自分の目標をかなえるために最適な環境であると考えた事です。私が考える自分の目標をかなえるために必要な環境とは、一つは自分の成長を描くのに目標とする方が身近にいる事、もう一つは自分が成長するために若いうちから多くの案件に携わる事です。 【英語】 One of my goals in my life is giving profit from my investment to the charity. That is why, I want to work in financial industry to learn practical financial business and to be a person who can make profit from investment by myself. I especially want to donate my money to people who is not able to take education. In college, I have had difficulty in paying education expenses because my parents got much debt before I entered college. Then, I had to pay all expenses by myself. While I went to college, I handled the problem about money. On the other hand, I thought there were a lot of people all over the world who were not able to take education because of lack of money, so I want to help those people. The reason I choose your good self from companies in financial industry is that I thought there was the best environment for my growth. I heard there were a lot of good manpower in your company and I could have many projects from my younger age, so I thought there was good environment for my growth. アドバイスよろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • huahuan
  • ベストアンサー率59% (28/47)
回答No.2

「貴社」は「your company」(または「you」)でOKだと思います。「your good self=貴社」というのは合っていると思いますが、通常ほとんど使いません。 英文、少し手を入れてみました。ざっくりとですが。気になったのは冠詞の使い方と、全体を通して読んだときの流れです。英文だけを読む人の立場になってチェックしてみると、わかりにくいところが見えてくるかと思います。 レジュメとしては、前半はとてもいいと思います。ですが、最後の「貴社を選んだ理由」の下りが、外資系企業に提出するものだとするとちょっと気になります。企業に対してどう貢献できるかをアピールした方がいいと思います。ご自身の成長にばかり話が集中してしまっているので、「会社は学校じゃない!」というツッコミが入りそうです。前半の展開はとても良いと思いますので、前半に書いてあるご自身の要素(お金の大切さを見にしみてわかっていること、投資で社会貢献したいこと)を企業側の利益につながるように書いてみてはいかがでしょうか? (※ちなみに、「I」が繰り返されることは問題ないと思います。レジュメなので主体性の見える一人称を使うことは適切かと思います) One of my goals in my life is giving profit to charity from my investment.(特定のcharityに限定しているわけではないのでこのcharityにはtheは要りません。)This is why I want to work in the financial industry.(直前の文章を受けているのでthatではなくthis。「金融業界」は特定された業界なのでthe必要でしょう) I want to learn practical financial business and to be a person who can make profit from investment.(2文に分けた方がいいです。また、by myselfは少し冗長です) I especially want to donate to people who are not able to take education because of economical reasons.(my moneyは不要では。ご自身の資産を寄付するという話ではないですよね。意味的にもdonateだけで十分かと思います。また、寄付をするのですから、「経済的な理由で」をここで書いた方が因果関係がわかります) When I entered college, I had difficulty in paying education expenses because my parents got much debt.(過去の事実ですから、完了形にする必要はありません。education expensesはcollege feeとした方がいいかも?) Then, I had to pay all the expenses by myself. Fortunately, I could manage the financial problem by receiving a scholarship and working part-time.(handleの内容、もう少し具体化した方が良いでしょう) At the same time, however, I realized that there are a lot of people all over the world who are not able to take education because of financial problems.(経済的な問題で教育を受けられない人がいるというのは今も変わらない「事実」なので、現在時制で書いていいと思います)I want to help those people. Among many companies dealing with investments, I believe that your company will give me the best environment for developing myself.(この場合の成長は内面的な成長なのでdevelopです)The “best environment” means that there are many excellent people so I can learn from, and that I can experience many projects.

ilnmfay
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 本当に 問題があるところを一つ一つ説明付きで丁寧に解説していただき大変感謝しています。勉強になりました。 自分のために時間を割いていただきほんとに感謝しています。ポイントと言葉でしかお礼ができませんが、足りないです。 ほんとにありがとうございました!

その他の回答 (1)

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

英作文能力は殆ど完璧ですね、強いて云えば、冒頭センテンス以外は殆ど「私は=I」で始まっているのが少し気になるかな、、、、繰り返し、繰り返し、「私は、、、、」と聞かされると(読まされると)、私自身は少し「boring」「tiring」と感じてしまいました、但し減点対象とするかどうかは別問題ですが。主語を「私以外」にする練習も少しやってみたら如何でしょうか? ご要望有れば、「こんな書き方もあるんよ」的なアドバイスも差し上げれるかと、でも、余り期待しないで(爆)

ilnmfay
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました! たびたび回答してくださり感謝します。 ご意見参考にさせていただきます。

関連するQ&A

• 【至急】英語の添削お願いします

授業で Why is education so important in your life? という課題を出されました。 自分なりに書いてみたのですが、文法等に自信がありません;; どなたか添削お願いいたします。 I think that the purpose of education is to acquire and develop the wisdom of living well. To acquire the knowledge helps us to have flexible thinking. There is no end of learning in life. Moreover, to learn new thing is my greatest pleasure. That’s the very reason why I am educated. よろしくお願いします!!

• 英訳の添削をお願いしたいです。

企業に提出する志望動機(英語)を正しい英語で書けているか添削お願いします。 最初に私の伝えたいものを日本語で提示します。 その後にそれを英訳したものをのせますので、もしよろしければアドバイスをよろしくお願いします。 【日本語】 私が当部門を志望した理由は、トレーディングに興味があり、自分の長所である分析力を生かせると思ったからです。 この様に考えた理由は、自己資金による株式投資を通じて、トレーディングで重要なのは、理論的な分析を徹底的に行い、リスクを最小限にすることであると感じ、その理論的な分析という部分に自分の長所である分析力を生かせるのではないかと思った事です。 【英文】 The reason I want to work at this apartment is that I am interested in Trading and that I think I can take advantage of my analytical ability. In my opinion, the trading requires the analytical ability. Through my experience of the equity investment on self-asset, I thought it was important for trading to make theoretical analyses completely to minimize the risk. My strength is an analytical ability and I think I can take advantage of this ability in the theoretical analyses. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の添削お願いします。

語学学校を卒業するにあたりスピーチをしなければいけません。 文章を考えたのですが添削してもらえますか? Thank you everyone,especially.....Thank you my friends. I've spend in here for three months.I could have a lot of friend and experience.I had a great time in here. I want to talk about a lot more if there is an opportunity to meet you again.So,I'm going to continue to study English for improving my English level. I'll miss you.Have a good school life.Thank you. よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳 添削

英訳したので、添削してください。 次に話しはかわりますが、みなさんの好きなペットはなんですか? ( 実際に何人か聞いていく) 統計的にいうと、TOP10は次の通りです。 (写真を見せな がら発表していく。) 最後に、本題とは違いますが言いたいことがあります。ペットを飼うことはいいことですが、ペットを飼うにはお金がかかったり、いろいろと苦労します。それで、保健所に連れていかれるペットが後をたたない状態です。 ですので、ペットを買うなら最後まできちんと育てる責任を持つべきだと思います。 以上で、私のプレゼンを終わります。 ありがとうございました。 The story is replaced next, what is the favorite pet of everybody? (I hear how many people there are really in it) TOP10 is as follows when I say statistically. (I announce it while showing a photograph.) Finally it is different from the main subject, but wants to say. It is good to keep a pet, but it costs money to keep a pet and has a hard time in various ways. So a pet taken to the public health center is in condition that there is no end. I think that you should take responsibility to bring you up properly till the last if I buy a pet. With the above I end my presentation. Thank you. この質問を補足する

• 添削して下さい><お願いします。

I have been studying for two years at university in Hyogo Prefecture. I major overall policy there,and that study the various learning such as internatinal relatins,enviromental,and law. I'm happy to go to school,because I fortunate to have a lot of friends like best friends and study there. I study hard to achive my dream from now on for becoming a lawyer and speaking English fluently. But I often change of pace at times. All one can say is that ,as I am, I have to do my best in any case for the porpose of getting my priorities. あんまり良い表現使ってないような気がします。出来たらどう直したいいかとアドバイスなんかあったらお願いします。

• 長いのですが、添削お願いします!

留学するためにホストファミリーに手紙を書かなければならないのですが、自信がないので少し長いのですが添削お願いします。 I am from Japan. My hometown is Shimane but now I’m living in Kanagawa near Tokyo with my younger brother. My hometown is a country side in Japan. I have many fond memories of there. There are many natures. So, I played outside with my friends. I often went to sea and mountain with my family. So, now I like play outside! I like watching autumn leaves and taking walks in mountain. And other hobbies are playing sports, particularly basketball, watching movies and reading books and comics. I also like going out drinking and shopping with my friends. I think I am outgoing, cheerful and mild. I like enjoying and doing something new. So, I think I can be used to new environment soon. I have 8 members of family and two cats. My older brother studies to become an accountant in Osaka. My younger brother goes to university in Tokyo. My family is so great and interesting. When I come back my home, I go out various places with my family. I respect my parents. My parents met a foreign country. So, they recommend me to go other country while I am young. And I love children and America before. So, I decide to join this program!! I took care of my cousin’s son that he was 1 years old a day in two weeks. And I learned English from my cousin. She went to study Britain before. Now, I work for nursery school as a volunteer every day. I help teacher’s works, For example taking walk, eating ranch and changing cloths, especially 1-2 years old class. I like spending children. Because children’s smile is so cute and they have many things I forgot. They make me smile naturally. I look forward to know about your family, and hope to have a good relationship. And I like cooking. So, I will help willingly. Maybe it has many differences between Japan and America, for example rules, meals, of course language! So, I want to talk anything each time with your family. Now, I can not say my English is very good, but I study English hard every day. I like to try to speak in English. So, I will be able to speak English soon. And I want to enjoy conversation! I will study and experience various things in America. It will broadens my horizons. It has been getting excited since now. I hope to spend feeling happier with your family. And I look forward to see your family. わからないなりに、頑張ったのですがもしもっと良い表現などがありましたら教えてください!

• 英訳 添削など。

訳したので添削してください。 勇気のある人についてにプレゼンをします。 文が少し足りないので足してもらっていただけたら嬉しいです。だいたい2分~3,4分くらいでプレゼンしたいと思います。 添削だけでも結構です。 または、全く違う勇気がある人についての話があれば書いてほしいです。 これが、自分が考えた文です。 クラスのある人がいじめられていた。 私は見て見ぬふりをしていた。 だか、私の友達はいじめられていた人を助けようとしていた。 もし、助けて次にいじめの標的にされるかもしれないというのに。 だか、彼は助けた。 彼は悪い人たちにいじめをするなと説得した。 結局、いじめはなくなり、その友達もいじめられることはなかった。 私はその友達はとても勇気があるなと思った。 私もこのように勇気のある人になりたいと思いました。 One of my classmate was treated as a tool. I closed my eyes . However,my friend was going to help the person. If he help the person, the next bullying target he will be come. But,he helped him. He persuade the bad guys dont bullying others. In the end, bullying stopped and my friend did not become the target of bullying. I thought my friend had courageous. I thought that I would also like to become as courageous as he was.

• 英作文の添削をして下さい\(^o^)/

こんにちは! ついさきほど、住みたい国を自由に選びその理由を述べるというテーマの英作文をしました。 もし、不自然な点、明らかにおかしい点などがありましたらお教えくださいm(__)m I want to live in Hawaii. When my family and I visited there 5 years ago, we got a lot of fun. I spended most of times swimming in the sea. The sea was so clear that there were many kinds of fish. I think it's very nice to be able to swim there every day. Besides, all foods I ate in Hawaii were very delicious. I want to eat dishes which we ate at a restaurant once again. I think living in Hawaii is great. So I chose Hawaii.

• 英訳の添削をしていただけますか?

英訳の添削をしていただけますか?  休暇はどうすごすのか、聞かれて英語で返事を書いてみましたが、自信がないので英語の得意な方に  添削していただきたいです。  「 I'm going to stay at the hotel in Tokyo, and spend my vacation swimming in the pool of the hotel and doing some shopping with my friends who live in Tokyo. I had been working hard, so I just want to relax this time. 」    東京のホテルに泊まって ホテルのプールでお泳いだり、東京に住んでる友達と買い物したり   するつもり。 ずっと忙しく働いてたから、今回はリラックスしたいんだ。」    ホテルの冠詞 a・the すでに泊まるホテルは決まってますが、どっちが正しいのかわかりません  またそんなにこだわらなくていいのかもしれませんが・・・  

• 英語添削お願いします

昨日学校でサークル登録会がありました。 There was the registration session of circle at my scool yesterday. 特にラグビー部の勧誘が疲れました。 Particularly,I was very tired due to invitation of rugby club. 学校の授業が始まりだしたが、こんなに面倒くさいとは思わなかった。 Some classes gradually began,it was a pain than I thought. 話しは変わるが、学校がしている海外留学プログラムに参加したいです。 Aside from this,I want to join Study Abroad Program offered by my school. もうすぐ、締切で小論文を提出しないといけない。 I must pass my shot essay. 小論文の書き方が分からない。 I don`t know how to write it. まぁ、頑張ろう。 Do try my best......