• ベストアンサー

簡単な日常会話なんですが…あってますか?

簡単な日時会話なんですが、あってるのか自信がなく、答えられませんでした。以下の英語であってるんでしょうか? ①この店、二階まであったんだね~→i didnt know this shop has second floor ②(例えばお菓子を渡しながら)これは、待ち合わせに遅れてたお詫び→it's gift that i was late ③(相手が自分家の近くに越してきて)「今まで何処に住んでたの?」と聞きたい場合→「where have you lived?」と現在完了なんでしょうか?それとも普通に過去系なんでしようか? 他にも良い表現とかあったらぜひ教えて下さい

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • m_oc
  • ベストアンサー率31% (47/151)
回答No.2

在米のものです。 あくまでも日常会話ということで口語っぽく... 1: OKですけど、the second floorのほうがいいでしょう。 2: 確かにNo1回答者の方がおっしゃるように、遅れたからお詫び...とする習慣はあまり(アメリカでの場合ですが)見ないかもしれません。 しかもgiftというのは誕生日など、お祝いのときの贈り物...といった意味合いが強いですからね。 ただ、遅れたお詫びに今日のランチは奢るよ... Sorry that I was late.... let me buy you lunch for my apology! のようなシチュエーションは確かにあります。 そうではなくてあくまでも品物を渡すなら This is a little something for my apology for being late. などのほうがいいかも。 a little something には、日本で言う「たいしたものではないけれど」に近いニュアンスが出ると思います。 つまり、大袈裟な贈り物=giftではなく、ほんの気持ち...という感じ。 欧米ではそのような言い方はしない、という人もいますが、実際にはすべての人がそうだというわけではありませんからね。 3: Where have you lived? だと、今まで住んだすべての場所を聞いているようにも聞こえます。 今住んでいる場所のすぐ前はどこに住んでいたのか?と聞きたい場合、 Where did you move here from? Where did you live before? Where were you living before you moved here? などはいかがでしょう。

noname#64099
質問者

お礼

大変わかりやすかったです!リアルで新鮮な回答をアメリカからしていただきありがとうございました!早速使ってみます☆

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

(2)に関してなのですが、gift=贈り物を、お詫びを込めてする習慣は英語圏の文化にはないのではないかな。と、推測します。 なので、thatを用いて、giftとお詫びの理由をつなげるのは不自然な気がしました。Iwas really sorry about that...(本当にあの時はごめんなさい。)とか、I can't apologize enough...(謝っても謝りきれません。)please excuse me...(どうか許してください。)など、まずは謝ってから、this is for you. please take this.(これをどうか受け取ってください。)と述べるのが、自然かと思いました。 (3)に関して、私でしたら、where did you come from?と聞きます。

noname#64099
質問者

お礼

Giftってアメリカではそんな使われ方なんですね。全くしりませんでした。教えて下さりありがとうございました

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 仮定法

I don't konw where he lived,so Ican't go and see him. を仮定法で表現しなさい。 回答:If I knew where he lived,I could go and see him. 仮定法にする際If節の主動詞をknewと過去形にしたので、それにつられてliveを過去形になるそうです。 I would do it myself if I knew it's that easy. こういう文を見ました。 これを上記の質問文に直すと、 I don't konw it's that easy,so I don't do it myself. になり、 I would do it myself if I knew it was that easy. it was that easy.と過去形になるのではないでしょうか。 現在形のままでいいとしたら、この2つの文の違いがわかりません。 過去の仮定法の質問、回答をみましたが、よくわかりません。教えてください。

• 会話文をどうしても訳すことが出来ず困っています。

ピーターさん「So, Chad, look, is this more than just simply about people uploading videos of themselves making idiots of themselves at parties or is something really quite profound going on here, about people engaging the world in a new way?」 チャドさん「Yeah, I know, it's- it's changing the world because it's giving everyone a voice. Um, and we've been able to be successful because we've built a platform to make that possible. And we weren't filtering, uh, you know, what was entertaining, uh, for our audience. We let our audience define what was entertaining to them. So, by having a platform where videos can come in, by them viewing/interacting with these videos, they'll rise to the top.」 ピーターさん「Now one of the people we couldn't put on the panel today just for numbers was Jimmy Wales who's here, Jimmy are you in the hall? No, well Jimmy, uh, started something called Wikipedia. Um, and now here's something that, you know, I'm an old Britannica junkie. I still have my 1974 edition Macropedia, Micropedia in the basement and I still love it. But my son, he doesn't know from Macropedia, Britannica, it's Wikipedia. Now I use Wikipedia all the time. Wikipedia's changing the world. It's the universal distribution of knowledge accessible to everybody from the bottom up. But it's an instantaneously, constantly created source of knowledge. So I'm speaking here for Jimmy, but I seem to think that this is another dimension of this when you say voice. And it's the voice of knowledge and the distribution of knowledge enabling people to do new things.」 この三つの会話文がどうしても理解できず,困っています。 誰かこれ読める方いらっしゃいましたらお教えくださいませ(m。_。)m

• 上手い訳を教えて下さい。

1、I didn't know you to be that selfish. 2、I have never known you to be that selfish before. 3、She has lived in Japan for ten years. 4、She has lived in Japan for the last ten years. 宜しくお願いします。

• 自然な会話文になるように、添削をお願いします。-4-

Kevin: Hi, John. John: Oh, hi. You back late, huh? K: Yeah, it's just a friend get-together. Got some news. Hey, how about you? You enjoyed a movie or just watching her face? J: No movies. She came in here.〈g〉 K: ... What's the matter with you? It's kind of too fast, don't you think? J: Kevin, you got it all wrong. She was in the living room, wearing Mom's clothes.〈g〉 K: ... I'm getting confused. What's going on? Tell me. J: Okay. It's just that she accidentally spilled coffee on her clothes at a theater, so I asked her to come over to get it cleaned. K: Oh, that figures. Okay. J: Kevin, you don't know the half of it... I mean... It turns out that they haven't actually met yet but... they know each other. K: ... Wait a second... Now I remember that she's been having a part-time job at a coffee shop. I heard that today. So maybe it's just because Mom was a regular customer. Right? J: Close. She was not "regular", but "good enough to remember". K: Which means? J: Mom was the customer who spilled coffee at the coffee shop. And Alice was the waitress who took care of that. K: Oh... So they are now even. Right?〈g〉 J: Yeah, exactly. Mom said Alice was very kind to her... Kevin, I found out she really is a nice girl. K: Okay, good... John, consider yourself very lucky to have such a wonderful date, you know what I mean?〈g〉 J: Okay, okay. Thanks for reminding me of that. I'll buy you big lunch tomorrow. K: You got it! お時間ありましたら、お願いします。

• couldの使い方を教えて下さい?

NHKラジオ英会話講座より I haven't seen Tracy all afternoon. I know she was here in the morning. Where could she have gone?(どこへ行っちゃったのかな?) (質問) (1)couldはどうしても、「出来る」という可能性のイメージが拭えません。ここではどういう意味で使われていますか?同じような例文を幾つか教えてくださいませんか? (2)Where has she gone?/Where would she gone?/Where might she gone?  上記の文を日本語に訳してもらえませんか?違いを感じたいのです。間違った英文かもしれませんが・・・・。  以上

• 関係代名詞(副詞)と関節疑問文の意味の違い

下記の英語はすべて正しい英語ですか?また、もしそうであれば、(1)と(2)の意味の違い、(3)と(4)の意味の違い、(5)と(6)の意味の違い、を教えてください。 (1) I don’t know where she lives. (2) I don’t know the place where she lives. (3)I don’t know why she always complains of others. (4)I don’t know the reason why she always complains of others. (5) I cannot remember the year when the dispute was resolved. (6) I cannot remember when the dispute was resolved.

• 文法説明 How don't know ?

English Grammar in UseのUnit 50、50.2に語彙並べ替えがあり、 2~4のアンサーがよく分かりません。 2.(is/to the airport/ far/ it) 回答例2. How don't know where Tom has gone? 3.(wonder/is/how/ old / Tom) 回答例3. I don't know where Tom has gone. 4.(Lisa/ on holiday/ going/ is) 回答例4. When don't know where Tom has gone? の回答例となっており、How don't know のカタチを初めて見たので どのように訳すのかと文法的にもご教授いただけないでしょうか。 お忙しいところ恐縮ですが、何卒よろしくお願い申し上げます。

• 以下の英文についてお尋ねします。902

You don’t think I know what you’re going through? I didn’t grow up in the Cosby family. You think every other family I lived with was like this? No, I know what it’s like to be around someone who’s wasted out of their mind. I know what that stuff does to people. Which is why I’ll never do it myself. Silver, look, you gotta trust my dad. At least trust me. No, I know what it’s like to be around someone who’s wasted out of their mind. の部分なのですが、構文what it's like to beを意訳を入れて説明して頂ければありがたいです。アルコール中毒の母親に苦しむ娘(白人)とその彼氏(黒人)との会話です。

• the をつけるかつけないか

(1)He was second in the race. 彼は競争で2着だった。 (2)he won the second prize in the musical contest. 彼女は音楽コンクールで2等賞をとった。 (3)It's on the third floor. それは3階にございます。 順位自体は、ordinal numberということで (1)はtheはいらない。X・・He was the second in the race. (2)(3)は in とか on とか かんがえなきゃならない範囲や特定が関係するとthe がでてくる。 そんなところで 考えていてもいいもんでしょうか?

• 英語のわかる方に翻訳をお願いいたします。

Was thinking about Japan yesterday. It was the anniversary of the tsunami there on 3-11. I know it's a slow recovery and people forget. I didn't これを、わかりやすく翻訳してください。 よろしくお願いいたします。