• ベストアンサー

立教大の入試問題です。訳が今いち分かりません。

Have your children had dinner yet? に対する答えの No, and they're not used to eating so late. という文なのですが、「いいえ、彼らはそんなに遅い時間に食べることに慣れていません」でいいのでしょうか? 質問の英文と今いちかみ合わないので他の訳の可能性があるのかが知りたいです。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tnk_tk
  • ベストアンサー率65% (464/704)
回答No.1

感覚で答えます。 「and」がはいるので、「まだなのよ、しかも、彼らはいつもはこんなに遅く食べることはないのに…」という感じの意味ではないでしょうか? 文の背景がわかりませんが、2人が子供たちのことを心配している雰囲気がありますね。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 訳がわかりません

訳が分からないので教えて頂けましたら助かります。 Another reason is that some young people now entering the workforce are unfamiliar with how to write formal correspondence, because they have never had to write a formal letter before. They have had no training in how to compose a basic business letter, and are unaware of the style and language that should, and should not, be used. 宜しくお願いいたします。

• 風邪に関して和訳、英訳教えてください

こんばんは 風邪をひいてから、しばらく経って調子どう?風邪治った?と、聞かれたときの返事はこのようでいいですか? 英文みてください。 まだ治っていません。 1. No, I have had a cold yet あのときからずっとひいたままです。(治ってないです) 2.No, I have had a cold for a while. なぜなら 野菜をたべないから治りが悪いです。 1. because I do not eat my vegetables, my health is not good now. my vegetablesは自分で摂取する野菜という意味でいいですか? 何かわかりにくいですが、補足あったらお願いします

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I think the Latinos stay longer for three reasons. First, they are used to eating their breakfast , lunch, and dinner later in the day than Americans eat theirs.Roughly speaking , they eat each meal one or two hours later than American people. Second they are used to taking more time at each meal, eating slowly and leisure ly. They would rather relax and talk to their friends during a meal than rush off to study or work.Maybe this is not true everywhere, but I think it is true here at Boston University.

• 訳がよくわかりません

訳がよくわかりません how is your work treating you? it is relly hectic. I have not had any days off this month. という文なんですけど、I have not had any days off this monthのところのoffってどういう風に略したらいいんでしょうか? それともoff this monthで一つの熟語なんでしょうか? I have not had any days off this monthの和訳がどういう風になるのかわかりません・・ 解説お願いします

• 英文問題を解いてくれる方!!

英文問題を解いてくれる方、答えを教えてください!!!!! Active to Passive Put the transitive verb into the passive voice. Don't mention the agent unless it seems necessary. 1 This used to be number 13, but now I see that someone has crossed out '13' and written'12A' underneath. 2 You mustn't move this man; he is too ill. You'll have to leave him here. 3 They searched his house and found a number of stolen articles. 4 Nobody has used this room for ages. 5 They took him for a Frenchman, his French was so good. 6 You should have taken those books back to the library. 7 They brought the children up in Italy. 8 They have taken down the For Sale notice, so I suppose they have sold the house. 9 Someone broke into his house and stole a lot of his things. 10 We have warned you. 11 A lorry knocked him down. 12 They returned my keys to me; someone had piked them up in the street. 13 We had to give the books back; they did not allow us to take them home. 14 You shouldn't leave these documents on the desk. You should lock them up. 15 They handed round coffee and biscuits. 16 They have tried other people's schemes. Why have they never tried my scheme? です!!!!!! よろしくお願いします!!!!!

• 英語ができる方、問題をお願いいたします。

英文中の空所に入る適切な語または語句を選択肢から選びなさい。またその英文を訳しなさい。 1.( ) you live long and die happy!  (1)Should (2)Would (3)Can (4)May 2.Democracy ( ) without freedom of speech.  (1)cannot surviving (2)not can survive (3)cannot survive (4)can't be survive 3.According to the law, you ( ) be 18 years old or over to obtain a driver's license in Japan.  (1)can't (2)must (3)might (4)may not 4.My father ( ) quit school when he was fourteen because of his poor health.  (1)had to (2)must (3)ought to (4)should 5.Our son's soccer uniform is still in good shape. We ( ) buy a new one for him yet.  (1)have to (2)must (3)don't have to (4)should 6.My Japanese teacher says everybody ( ) sutdy at least one foregin language.  (1)ought (2)should (3)may be (4)have to 7.I'd rather ( ) by taxi.  (1)having gone (2)going (3)to go (4)go 8.Since I'm very tired, I ( ) join the party tonigt.  (1)had not rather (2)would not rather (3) would rather not (4) had better not to 9.You had better ( ) your homwork soon.  (1)to finish (2)finishing (3)be finished (4)finish 10.We ( ) tell anymore about this just yet.  (1)didn't have better (2)had better not (3)had not better (4)haven't better 11.When he was a newcomer, he ( ) read several different newspapers every morning.  (1)used to (2) was used to (3)got used to (4)is used to 12.I ( ) this movie before, but I'm not sure.  (1)must see (2)might see (3) should see (4)may have seen 13.Katherine lost her purse yesterday. She ( ) it on the bus.  (1)must drop (2)must be dropping (3)must have dropped (4)must have been dropping 14.He ( ) have introduced you to his sister yesterday because she died three years ago.  (1)cannot (2)must (3)ought to (4) shouldn't 15.We've just missed the train. We ( ) left our office a little ealier.  (1)should (2)should out (3)should have (4)should not have 16.George and I had a great time at the party last night. You ( ) come.  (1)had to (2)might have (3)must have (4)ought to have 17.Mary couldn't help ( ) when she heard the news about the championship.  (1)to smiling (2)smile (3)smiling (4)to smile 18."Your apartment is really compact." "You may ( ) think this is small, but it's actually larger than average."  (1)good (2)well (3)better (4)best 19.There's no bus for two hours, so we ( ) as well take a taxi.  (1)might (2)must (3)would (4)should 量が多いかもしれませんが、よろしくお願いします。 スペルミスなどありましたらお知らせください。

• 訳を教えてください。

If Abraham Lincoln had not renounced slavery in the United States , the American Civil War might not have broken out. この英文の訳し方を教えてください。

• この英文正しいですか

この英文正しいですか?間違えていましたら教えてください 1They don't have no children. 2 A few people survived, but many died. 3 They have a secound house in the country. よろしくお願いします

• 訳をお願いします。

アメリカの友達からのメールで Okay, so, I've you had to pick your 5 most favorite things. What would they be? と来たんですが、 I've you had to の意味が分からず困っています。 どなたか分かる方、教えていただけますか。 お願いします。

• 英語の仮定法の問題で困っています。

仮定法の問題で困っています。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 Q次の英文とほぼ同じ内容になるように(  )に適語を入れなさい。また訳もお願いします。 1)I wish you knew how I feel.   =(  )(  ) you (  ) how I feel! 2)If you hadn't advised me, I would have failed.   =If it (  )(  )(  )(  ) your advice, I would have failed.   =(  )(  ) your advice, I would have failed.   =(  ) your advice, I would have failed. 3)They practiced soccer hard. If they hadn't, they might have lost the game.   =They practiced soccer hard. (  ), they might have lost the game. Q日本語の意味に合うように(  )内の語句を並べ替えなさい。 (1)昨日ジョンに会ったんだが、週末のパーティーでは大もてだったみたいに話していたよ。 I met John yesterday, and he ( if / he / talked / most / as / been / the / popular person / had ) at last weekend's party. (2)地図がなければ、うちは見つけられないかもしれない。 ( you / not / for / find / a map / might / it / not / were / , ) my house.