$120 billion stimulus plan

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Goolsbee said that the $120 billion stimulus plan would take many months, if not a year or more, to be implemented.
  • The plan is expected to take several months for the money to be distributed.
  • Despite the time it would take for the money to be disbursed, the plan is seen as an important step in addressing the economic challenges.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

$120 billion stimulus plan

"Those are things that would take many months if not a year or more before the money would get out the door," Goolsbee said. これら(those)はたとえ資金が出る前に一年またはそれ以上かからないとしても、何ヶ月かかかるようなこと(things)だ。 でよろしいでしょうか。 http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBAMA_ECONOMY?SITE=FLROC&SECTION=MONEY_COMPLETE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2008-01-13-18-28-17 12段落目です。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ANASTASIAK
  • ベストアンサー率19% (658/3306)
回答No.1

これら(those)はもし資金が出るのに一年またはそれ以上かから ないなら、何ヶ月かで済むようになこと(things)だ。

iamgreen
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 thoseはObama氏の方のプランなのですね。

関連するQ&A

• 英字記事の一部の和訳をお願いします。

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ECONOMY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-11-04-17-22-41 The household survey is more volatile and less comprehensive than the other survey, and is not followed as closely by economists. Still, job growth in the household survey has not been this strong for three months since the end of 2006. followed as closely の部分とhas not been this strong 以下がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• than 以下の主語の省略?

The Wall Street Journalの9月5日付けの記事 Senior Spending to Give Japan a Lift の中に次の一節が出てきます。  According to a JTB survey, more of those born between 1946 and 1950 said they would spend more time and money on hobbies than said they would refrain from being extravagant.  後半のthanの後のsaidは過去形と考えられますが、この例のような主語の省略は一般的なのでしょうか。. . .than they said they would refrain from. . .という言い方も出来ますか?よろしくご教示を お願いいたします。

• 添削お願いします

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_JAPAN_EARTHQUAKE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-04-01-04-51-03 The utility that runs the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant has repeatedly been forced to retract such figures, fueling fears over health risks and a lack of confidence in the company's ability to respond effectively to the crisis. The Tokyo Electric Power Co. has not been able to stabilize the plant's dangerously overheating reactors since cooling systems were knocked out in the March 11 tsunami. ↑の意味はわかります。その続きの文章です。 Among the measurements called into question was one from Thursday that TEPCO said showed groundwater under one of the reactors contained iodine concentrations that were 10,000 times the government's standard for the plant, the safety agency's spokesman Hidehiko Nishiyama said. 試訳↓ いくつかの測定値の中の一つが、木曜日から、TEPCOが発表した原子炉の一つの下で流れている地下水が政府が定めた通常のプラントの基準の1万倍を示したと保安院のspokesmanが言った。 ↑これでよいのでしょうか?

• some options that . that.

以下の引用符("~")内の意味は? Confirmation that the Assad government has used chemical weapons, Obama said Tuesday, would mean that “there are some options that we might not otherwise exercise that we would strongly consider.” (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-preparing-to-send-lethal-arms-to-syrian-opposition-officials-say/2013/04/30/3084d0d4-b1a6-11e2-bbf2-a6f9e9d79e19_story.html 第4段落) この二つのthatはともに関係代名詞(いわゆる関係詞の二重限定)で、 「さもなければ行使することはないであろう選択肢をいくつか我々はしっかりと検討することになろう」 ぐらいの意味と考えてよろしいでしょうか?

• recommitting the United States to

President-elect Obama may have hoped he would have time to develop an approach to peacemaking in the Holy Land. But as usual, the schedule is dictated by facts on the ground. It is unclear how engaged Obama can be in the Middle East in the early months of his administration; his first priority will be fixing the American economy. What Obama can't delay once he takes office is forcefully recommitting the United States to a two-state solution and the basic framework for peace that already exists. パレスチナ問題についての記事ですが、最後の文章がわかりません。 就任後すぐにオバマ氏がしなければいけないことは、2カ国の解決策とすでに出来上がっている和平への基本構想を、アメリカに無理にでも再付託することである。 この アメリカに再付託することである という意味がよくわかりません。 宜しくおねがいします(´_`。)

• facts on the ground

President-elect Obama may have hoped he would have time to develop an approach to peacemaking in the Holy Land. But as usual, the schedule is dictated by facts on the ground. It is unclear how engaged Obama can be in the Middle East in the early months of his administration; his first priority will be fixing the American economy. What Obama can't delay once he takes office is forcefully recommitting the United States to a two-state solution and the basic framework for peace that already exists. イスラエルパレスチナ問題の記事です。 2行目の facts on the groundは 目の前にある問題(アメリカ国内の問題)でスケジュールはいっぱいになっている という意味にとってよいのでしょうか。 宜しくお願いします(´_`。)

• checks for tax credits and Social Security

Obama, a senator from Illinois, called on the government to make available a $250 tax credit to 150 million workers to offset the payroll tax paid on the first $8,100 of earnings. to offset the payroll tax paid on the first $8,100 of earningsは 所得(earnings)のうち最初の8100ドルに対してかかる(paid)給与税を相殺するために でしょうか。 Goolsbee said Obama's plan would have a more immediate impact because checks for tax credits and Social Security payments could be issued right away, while Clinton's plan to subsidize such things as higher heating bills would require an application process. checks for tax creditsのchecksとhigher heating billsのbillsは「手形」と思われますがhigher heating billsという表現は何を指しているでしょうか。

• 和訳お願いいたします。

I hope you will like it.I did some research and made sure it has all latest features of hair dryers. Please excuse me for being so poorly equipped. Are there other things you need to prepare for your trip? Ah money. Please don't bring any cash money ok? You won't need any money. And if you would need money you can always use credit card or debit card. And if you're in real problems Thanks to your visit, I'm happy to clean my house and tidy up some things. So that everything is ok for your visit. Although I still hope my new cleaning lady will come before the 1st of December :) I wish you were here to taste it ...

• 英語の質問です。和訳お願いします。

Finding a new apartment is really slow but I am trying to do everything I can to make it go faster. Now I have to wait about 2 weeks again until I can continue the search because after I sent an application to one place, they said they need 1-2 weeks until they can actually receive it. But after that, I think I might be able to find someting quite soon.. It's a "more expensive" way of doing things, kind of. Before they let you move into one of their rental apartments there is a certain amount of money that you need to pay first. And because it is alot of money, not money people do it this way and that's why there should be more apartments available for me. It's about 15 000-20 000   but my parents said they can lend the amount to me, because they don't want me to borrow money from the banks. And this money is something I will get back if/when I move, so it's not like I would actually loose th ose 15000-20000  Q__Q Ah, I don't know if you understood, but yeah, Finland likes to complicate things. I still love you and miss you so much. And I don't think sending e-mails will change what I feel and think about you. But I'm sure that when we meet again in real life it will be ever better than before.

• The Economist記事の一節・and not before time~

The Economist からの質問です。2月7日の「Paying the piper」と題するもの。 副見出しは「Will Barack Obama’s reform of executive pay work?」(オバマ大統領の幹部報酬改革は上手くいくか? )です。 最後の段落を引用します。 In the long run, the more significant change may be Mr Obama’s decision to give American shareholders a vote on executive compensation, through a “say on pay” resolution. A vote is certainly more sensible than a crude government limit?especially if it is extended to all public companies, not just those bailed out by Uncle Sam. A similar reform is reckoned to have made at least some difference in Britain, and not before time. 最後の文章 A similar reform is reckoned to have made at least some difference in Britain, and not before time. の訳をご教示ください。 なお、質問箇所以外の部分の意味はざっと次のようなものと思います。 長期的により重要な転換は、オバマ大統領が株主による「報酬に関する発言権」の決議を通じて幹部報酬の是非を問う決議権を株主に付与したことかもしれない。議決というやり方はたしかに政府による強引な上限設定よりも賢明といえる。それが政府の救済する企業にとどまらず、公的企業全般に広まればなおのこと好ましい。~