• ベストアンサー

The value of this theory…の訳し方、教えてください

The value of this theory has mainly been in the impetus it provided to the development of humanistic types of therapy. itが、どうして名詞のimpetus(起動力?)の後につくのかが、わかりません。 SVOを示して教えてください~!

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

アメリカに35年ほど住んでいる者です. 一つしか答えが出ていないようなので、説明させてもらいますね. 何か、又大学時代を思い出してしまいました. あの頃は、訳すか、意味だけ取り出すか、苦労していた頃なので、今これを読んで、自分で苦笑いをしていました. 意味としては、人道的な治療の発展に加速をつけたということが、この考えの主だった価値でしょう. ということです. そうですね、inpetusとitの間にthat(which)が省かれているので、難しく感じるのかもしれませんね. ヒントとして"provide impetus to"があることかな. これで、刺激するとか、推進させるとか、加速をつけるとか、言う意味なんですね. つまりvalue is in the inpetus provided by the value to the development. がベースになっているのですね. これで分かりますか? 分かりにくければ、補足質問してください.

Jagur-y
質問者

お礼

補足にitは何ですか?と書いてしまいましたが、NO1の方が回答してくれていましたネ(笑)。 解決しました。ありがとうございました~!!

Jagur-y
質問者

補足

ご回答ありがとうございました☆ すみません、そうするとitは何を指しているのですか? またこのような目的格の関係代名詞の省略はよくあるのでしょうか??? provide impetus toにそのような意味があるとは知りませんでした。頭の痛くなる英文でした(笑)。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• Kilgore
  • ベストアンサー率45% (10/22)
回答No.1

The value of this theory has mainly been in the impetus which it (=this theory) provided to the development of humanistic types of therapy. ということではないですか。 「この理論の価値は主として、 humanistic types of therapyの発展を強力に推し進めたその推進力にあった」 不味い訳ですまんこってすが。

Jagur-y
質問者

お礼

早速のご回答ありがとうございました。 この1文にかなり悩まされましたが、NO2の方の回答と合わせて理解する事ができました。 それにしても、省略されると、ホント分からないです~! これも慣れでしょうか…? ありがとうございました~!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• This feeling of iden...

This feeling of identity with the cultural background of one's ancestors along with a pride in being an American has long been a characteristic of the Ameri can people. with a pride...はThis feelingを修飾しているのですか。 またThat bat, together with two balls, was stolen.も同様でしょうか。

• なぜ of ですか

This is the coldest day of the year. Tonight has been the best night of my life. 私は in と答えましたが 正解は of でした。なぜか理解できません、どなたか 教えてください。よろしく。

• stray out of this mold

Basically, I have been raised in the sort of religious home where it is a must to wait to have sex until marriage. I know it is my choice, but I have never really cared to stray out of this mold. stray out of this moldとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• (142)The date of the formation……この英文はどう訳せばよいでしょうか

QA142 The date of the formation of the collection as such is unknown. Diodorus Siculus (temp. Augustus) is the first to mention such a body of poetry, and it is likely enough that this is, at least substantially, the one which has come down to us. 試し訳 このような収集が成立した時代のことは分かっていない。 ディオドロス・シクルス(temp.Augusutus)はこのような詩の文体bodyについて述べた最初の人であり、これは少なくとも実態としてat least substantially、我々に伝えられてきたcome downものの一つであることは十分ありそうなことである。Likely enough 質問 (1)temp.Augusutusのtempは何の意味でしょうか。 (2)at least substantially   「少なからず」とした方が良いでしょうか (3)it is likely enough that this has come down……について 意味が分かりません。 Thisは文体bodyのことだろうと思いますが、文体がcome downしたという 意味が分かりません。    しかも、it is likely enoughとあるので、‘that以下のことは十分あり得る」 ということになり、この意味が良く分かりません。 とりあえず、文字通りの訳でよいと思います。   よろしくお願いします。

• this が複数形にかかる理由

慶大の問題です。 People differ in the color of skin, eyes, hair, in stature, bodily proportions, and in many traits.Some of us have blue eyes, some have prominent and others flat noses, some are tall and others short.We do not suppose that every person with blue eyes belongs to a different race from everybody with brown eyes. It happens, however, that blue eyes are very common in most parts of the United States but rather rare in most parts of Mexico. It is this and similar differences which make it possible to say that the inhabitants of the United States are in general racially distinct from the inhabitants of Mexico. この文章の It is this and similar differences which make it possible to say that the inhabitants of the United States are in general racially distinct from the inhabitants of Mexico. の文ですが、 this and similar differences の箇所ですが、 私はthisを代名詞と判断したのですが、 参考書には 「thisは単数形の、theseは複数形の名詞にかかるのが約束ですから、this differences とは言えませんが、ここはsimilarによって、「これと同種の〈相違〉」が追加されていますから複数形でよいのです。」 とあります。 そうなると this (differences) and similar differences という解釈をするのでしょうか。 しかし、 this similar differences であれば similar(同種の) がthisとdifferencesの間にあるから、分かるのですが、 this differences だけでは(同種の)という意味は追加されていないのではないでしょうか。

• 和訳を教えてください。 dying this really long painful kind of death

次の文章はインタビュー記事の中の1文です。和訳と文法的な構造を教えてください。(死を題材にした作品について作者のコメント) It means probably not dying this really long painful kind of death but also kind of facing it with some degree of acceptance. deathはdyingの目的語だと思うのですが、死を死ぬとはどういうことでしょうか。このdyingはdeathという名詞には置き換えられないのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 何のことでしょうか

I've been plagued by painful intercourse my whole life. I've tried physical therapy, hormones, creams, you name it. This pain has been instrumental in the breakup of my last two relationships. To top it off, I'm in early menopause at the age of 37, so there is literally nothing happening down there anymore. creamsとdown thereとは何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願い致します。

It will be observed that in this statement of the case I have expressly excluded the psychology of man, as being a department of comparative psychology with reference to which I am not entitled to assume the principles of Evolu tion. It seems needless to give my reasons for this exclusion For it is notorious that from the hour when Mr. Darwin and Mr. Wallace simultaneously propounded the theory which has exerted so enormous an influence on the thought of thepresent century, the difference between the views of these two joint originators of the theory has since been shared by the ever-increasing host of their disciples. We all know what that difference is. We all know that while Mr. Darwin believed the facts of human psychology to admit of being explained by the general laws of Evolution, Mr. Wallace does not believe these facts to admit of being thus explained. Therefore, while the followers of Mr. Darwin maintain that all organisms whatsover are alike products of a natural genesis, the followers of Mr. Wallace maintain that a distinct exception must be made to this general atement in the case of the human organism ; or at all events in the caso of the human mind. Thus it is that the great school of evolutionists is divided into two sects ; according to one the mind of man has been slowly evolved from lower types of psychical exist ence, and according to the other the mind of man, not having been thus evolved, stands apart, sui generis, from all other types of such existence.

• forとsince

forとsinceの使い分けがわかりません。 たとえば、 (1)It has been fine for this morning. (2)It has been fine since this morning. (1)と(2)の文章はforとsinceで、意味が変わってしまうんでしょうか。 中二レベルの解説付きでお願いします。

• このitは指示代名詞でしょうか

Some leading thinkers are saying that at no stage in history has the threat of war been as strong as it is now. という文の文末部分の as it is now ですが、 このitは指示代名詞で the threat of war でしょうか。 すなわち、 Some leading thinkers are sayin that at no stage in history has the threat of war been as strong as the threat of war been is strong now. という文が元々の文でしょうか。