• ベストアンサー

文構造、訳が分かりません

One good thing was that the category three emergency had just been declared concluded, the air force KC-135 which caused it, having landed safely. まず「One good thing」は「that以下全体だった」というくくりで いいんですよね? それで、that節から見ると、the categoryの動詞はconcludedで、 the categoryをthree emegency~declaredで修飾していると 思います。そうすると、the air force以下は どういう役割になるんですか?concludedの目的語がthe air forceで、 having~は動名詞で、このVingの意味上の主語はthe air force ということですか? 宜しくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • googoo1956
  • ベストアンサー率47% (623/1316)
回答No.1

>One good thing was that the category three emergency had just been declared concluded, the air force KC-135 which caused it, having landed safely. ○ 各部の働きです。 【One good thing】  ※この文全体の主語 【was 】   ※この文全体の動詞 【that the category three emergency had just been declared concluded】  ※この文全体の補語 【the category three emergency】  ※that節の中の文の主語 【had just been declared 】  ※that節の中の文の動詞  ※declareはSVOCの文型で「~が・・・だと明らかにする」 【concluded】  ※that節の中の文の補語  ※concludeは「終了(解決)させる」/受動態で「解決する」 【the air force KC-135 which caused it, having landed safely】  ※分詞構文の働きをしている  ※the air force KC-1935がhaving landed safelyの意味上の主語  ※which cause itはthe air force KC-135にかかる関係代名詞節  <書き換えると>  →and the air force KC-135 which caused it had landed safely  ※itはthe category three emergencyを指している ○全訳です。  「安堵したことに第3種緊急事態が解決したことが明らかになり、その緊急事態を引き起こしたエアー・フォースKC-135機が無事に着陸した。」

suika19850
質問者

お礼

詳しく書いていただき、ありがとうございました。 非常に良く分かりました。

その他の回答 (1)

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.2

that節の中の主語はthe category three emergency (カテゴリー3の緊急事態、とかいう意味かと)で、動詞はhad just been declared の部分ではないでしょうか。 カンマ以下の部分はthe air force が主語になっている分詞構文ではないかと思います。 つまり「そして、その原因となった空軍KC-135は無事に着陸した」ということかと。

suika19850
質問者

お礼

仰るとおりですね。ありがとうございました。 また、機会がありましたらよろしくおねがいします。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の日本語訳お願いします!

ぎこちない日本語ではなくて、意訳で構わないのでわかりやすい日本語でよろしくお願いします! If the hypothesis is that indivisuals will perform better on a math problem if they are offerd more money for a good performance, the experimenter might randomly assign participants to one of three conditions:~ 続きがあるんですが、ここまでがちょっとあいまいなので よろしくおねがいします!

• 倒置ですか?

次の文について基本的なことかも知れませんが確認のため質問します。 It was said that the average business cycle was one year of good business followed by three years of bad. that節は、本来はone year 以下が主語で the average businessは補語であるが倒置されている、と考えれば良いですか? 倒置でない場合、文中のbe動詞の理解が難しいのでご説明をお願いします。

• 日本語訳で困っています。

以下の文章がものすごく難しくてどう訳せばいいかわかりません。 だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)When designing new buildings, architects need to think carefully about how to prepare for emergency situations that may occur in the building. (2)Because humans react like mice in emergency situations, one research group undertook an experiment to see how mice behave in an emergency. (3)When carrying out the experiments, the scientists tested out many different environments, as well as changing the number of mice involved. (4)Having a wider space for the mice to travel through in order to get to a dry area, created confusion and made it more difficult for the mice to escape. (5)Even though no humans were tested in this experiment, this kind of research could help scientists discover how humans react in a disaster. 文が複雑すぎてよくわかりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 日本語訳を! 6-(4)

お願いします。 (9) The Pyramid Texts, the Coffin Texts, and the Book of the Dead all had the same purpose―turn the quiz into an open-book exam and guarantee that the spirits passed. Once safely though the labyrinth of portals, the spirits entered the hall of judgment. Before 42 gods, the spirits declared their innocence to everything the Egyptians could think of. The cheat sheet helped them remember all the sins they didn't commit. The spirits addressed the gods one by one. Some of the gods had creepy names: Bone Breaker and Blood Eater, for example. Some gods had rather unusual names: Fiery Eyes, Hot Foot, and Pale One. Others had names that would make good video game demons: Demolisher, Lord of Truth, and the Accuser. Still others sounded a bit goofy, as if they were one of the Seven Dwarfs―Nosey, for example. The spirits had to remember which sin they denied to which god (with the help of their cheat sheet). Apparently being noisy was considered sinful. One of the denial was "O Water-smiter who came forth from the Abyss, I have not been loud voiced."

• この文の nearly の訳と働きが分からない

Man, the chimpanzee and the gorilla are so similar that it is practically impossible to tell them apart. Absurd, you say. Gorillas are hairy giants of the forest, weighing half a ton, and chimps, though smaller, are no less hairy. As for man, he walks upright, for one thing, has a large brain, and is naked. The three couldn’ t be easier to distinguish. But, if you were to look only at their DNA ― the long molecule of heredity ― you would find it a hard task indeed to separate man from the chimpanzee and the gorilla. The three species share almost 99 per cent of their DNA, and on that basis, surely, they should not look nearly as different as they do. 上の文の最後の文のnearlyがどこにかかり、また、最後の文がどのような訳になるのか分かりません。nearly は副詞なので、文の構成要素ではないので、前文までの論理展開を考えるて、最後の文はnealyを無視して訳したら「その3つの種(人間、チンパンジー、ゴリラ)はほぼDNAのほぼ99パーセントを共有していて、その根拠に基づけば、3つの種は見た目ほど違いはない」となると思います。 しかし、nearlyの働きが分かりません。 まず、前にあるlook にかかるのか、後ろのas differentにかかるのかが分かりません。 また、nearlyは「ほぼ」と訳すと思いますが、nearlyを無視して作った訳のどこに入れたらよいのか分かりません。 お分かりになりましたら、教えてください。

• 英語の訳をお願いします。

For one thing, as will be indicated below, a legal personality under the laws of state X may often be recognized as having personality by state Y, as comity may demand that state Y will not debate the validity of grants of personality by state X. As Benderman reminds us, in the first half of the twentieth century domestic legal systems often looked to international law for guidance: entities could be granted domestic personality on the basis of them having already been granted international legal personality. 国際法の教科書を全訳しなければなりませんが、私の力ではなかなか翻訳作業が思うようにいきません。お力を拝借できれば幸いです。よろしくお願い致します。

• 次の英文の構造を教えてください。

「恋愛小説家」という映画で、別れを決意した女性の心を、主人公が覆す言葉です。文の構造が分からなくてモヤモヤしています。ピリオドの位置は、不正確かもしれません。特に"how you say" 以下が分かりません。"being"が使われている辺りも、お手上げです。どなたか、構文的な説明と日本語訳を教えてください。 I might be the only one who appreciate how amazing you are in every single thing that you do and in every single thought you have and how you say what you mean something that’s all about being straight and good.

• この文の訳を教えてください。

"Nonsense," I told her. " He's a fine, happy boy and you know it." "But she is an expert in child care," Carolyn protested. "She must know." "Even experts can be wrong," I said. I told her of an incident that had happened to an editor I know. One cold morning a warning light in her car came on. She quickly stopped at a service station. "Don't worry about it," the mechanic who checked her car told her. "The light will go off as soon as the car gets warmed up." She knew the car, and knew the warning light had never lit up on any other cold morning——but the expert had said it was OK, so she drove on. It turned out that the radiator was frozen; she almost ruined the car. "I learned my lesson," she told me. "I should have paid attention to my own sense of the situation instead of listening to someone who was supposed to know." "And that's what you're doing with your son," I said to Carolyn. I was scolding her, but I was sympathetic too. The world has become so complicated that we're no longer sure of our ability to understand and deal with it. But common sense is as useful now as it ever was. No amount of expert knowledge can take the place of an intimate understanding of a person or a situation. At times you just have to trust your own judgment. It almost cost me my life to learn that. I was reading a book one day, scratching the back of my head, When I noticed that, in one particular spot, the scratching echoed inside my head. I rushed off to my doctor. "So think you've got a hole in your head?" He joked. "It's nothing——just a nerve." Two years later, and after seeing four doctors, I was still being told it was nothing. To the fifth doctor, I said almost in despair, "But I live in this body. I know something's different." "If you don't believe me, I'll take an X-ray and prove it to you," he said. Well, there it was, of course, a tumor as big as a golf ball. After the operation, a doctor stopped by my bed. "It's a good thing you're so smart," he said. "Most patients die of these tumors because we don't know they're there until it is too late." I'm really not so smart. I believe experts too easily. I shouldn't have listened to those first four doctors. It's hard to question opinions given with absolute certainty. Experts always sound so sure of themselves . この文の訳をお願いします!

• 間違っている箇所を教えてください。

次の文を指示に従って書き換えてください。 (1)It is impossible to compare her painting with yours.(動名詞を用いってください) (2)He is proud that he has raised such a good crop of rice.(単文にしてください) (3)Her father is ashamed that she had done such a thing.(単文にしてください) 英文を訳してください。 (4)It goes without saying that we should be careful in crossing the street. (5)I don't feel like talking with anyone today. この問題を解いてみると、 (1)There is no comparing her painiting with yours. (2)He is proud of having raised such a good crop of rice. (3)Her father is ashamed of having done such a thing. (4)私たちは、道路を渡る際には注意すべきことは言うまでもない。 (5)私は、今日どれにも話す気がしない。 になりました。 間違っているところがあったら教えていただけませんか。 出来れば、間違っているところを訂正していただけると助かります。

• 和訳をお願いします。

次の英文の和訳をお願いします。 1.several newspapes remainded their readers of some unsolved killings that had happened in the past. 2.are you capable of having good working relationship with your colieagues? 3.you really fit all those thingsinto that one suitcase, didn't you?