• 締切済み

おうちをきいてもわからない、なまえをきいてもわからない

暇つぶしの質問です。お時間のある時にでもお付き合いいただければ幸いです。 タイトルにある文は皆さんもご存知の有名な童謡の一節ですが、うまく訳せません。一応、訳してみました。 I ask her house but she doesn't understand, I ask her name but she doesn't understand. 特に「~しても」もニュアンスが出し切れていません。英語の得意な方、もっといい訳し方を教えてくださいませんか?

みんなの回答

• trgovec
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2538/4879)
回答No.4

"Where's your house?" he asked She said "I dunno." "What's your name?" he asked She said "I dunno." "Your house?" - "Dunno" "Your name?" - "Dunno" 視点をどこに置くか、間接話法か直接話法かで代名詞が変わってきます

noname#47281
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.3

I ask where her house is と やっぱり dosen't know かな? understandは犬と猫なので言葉が通じてない感じ(笑)ですか? ちなみに英語の歌詞は But I ask where you live and you say that you don’t know. If I ask, What’s your name? Then you say that you don’t know. となっております。 前のmyrtille55さんの、さっちゃんと、この犬のおまわりさんは、ネットで検索したら、同じような質問がいろいろあったのですが、ちまたで流行っているのでしょうか??なぜみんな、英訳したがってるのでしょう?

noname#47281
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。 冒頭にも書いたように暇つぶしの質問です。まあ、あれですね、簡単な日本語ほど英訳するのが難しいというか、学校で訳読を真面目にやってきただけの人には歯が立たないというか。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
noname#58440
noname#58440
回答No.2

I ask her house but she doesn't understand これは・・・ 私は彼女の家を聞いたが、彼女は理解出来なかった。 まるで「私の英語を理解できなかった」・・・・の様に聞こえます。 doesn't know 日本語の「わからない」は「知らない」の意味じゃ無いのでしょうか? 英語でも知らないにした方が通じると思います。    

noname#47281
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • yelsew
  • ベストアンサー率20% (2/10)
回答No.1

understand では、理解という意味でわからないとは異なると思うので、DOESN'T KNOW の方がニュアンス的に合っているような気がします。 もし私だったら i asked her where do you live but she can't answer , i asded her name but she can't answer. と、解きます。

noname#47281
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• get that mad over

Maybe she is a very possessive person. She might be mad because you didn't ask her. well, I think she is pretty possessive. But she wouldn't get that mad over something so pointless. ここでのthatはyou didn't ask herですよね? だとするとover以下と同じ事を言っている気がするのですが、 なぜshe wouldn't get mad over something so pointless.と発言しないのでしょうか?ここでthatを入れるのはどの様な感覚からでしょうか?

• よろしくお願いします

I’m hoping you can make an etiquette ruling on a pretty low-stakes situation. I recently ordered delivery for myself and my two closest friends. I was dealing with my baby and trying to order dinner at the same time, and I accidentally messed up “Jennifer’s” order. I realized the mistake too late to change the order and apologized. I offered to put in a second order, but she insisted it was not a big deal. She ended up really liking the dish I got her by mistake and ate the whole thing—she even said she liked it more than what she originally ordered. But she didn’t pay me back. I’m not going to ask her to because she’s jobless right now and has done a lot of free babysitting for us already, so we’re happy to treat her. (She usually doesn’t let us, as it makes her uncomfortable.) But I’m curious: If money were an issue for us and we couldn’t afford to treat her, would it be OK to ask her to pay me back for a messed-up order? 最初の文の和訳をよろしくお願いします。I’m hopingはI hopeでも良いですよね?どうニュアンスが違うでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文を書いてみましたが 合ってますか??

I didn't ask her who she went with. 私は彼女に誰と行ったのか聞けませんでした。 と書きたいのですが この英文ではどうですか? アドバイスお願いします。

• 「失礼ですけどお名前は?」は?

電話で、相手が名乗らなかった場合に、 「失礼ですがお名前は何とおっしゃいますか。」 と尋ねるときには、 “Excuse me, but may I ask your name?” でよいでしょうか。よろしくお願いします。

• passの意味

Six months ago, my friend Lindy's husband committed suicide. I have been there for her and understand it takes time, but I'm reaching my limit. I make plans with her for dinners at our home and at restaurants and have planned various outings, because I know it's difficult to be in the house alone. However, she constantly manipulates, yells at me when she doesn't get her way, and uses the loss of her husband as a rationale for why I and others must do what she wants regardless of what's happening in our own lives, and expects us to tolerate this behavior. Because of the circumstances, I have given her several passes on the disgusting behavior she has displayed, ここでのpassesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英訳おねがいします。

すみません。英訳お願いしたいのですが、詳しい方どなたか、力をかしてください。 she doesn't know the person.they take her places she doesn't know. 彼女はその人をしらない。彼らは彼女を知らないところへ連れて行く でしょうか??her places ってどいう意味でしょうか?もし、上の英訳ならherだけでいいのですよね?toもないですし、全く見当はずれの英訳をしていますか?

• 英語を教えてください。

日本語に合う英文になるように、かっこ内の語句を並びかえてください。 (1)彼らは私たちにそこで何が起こっているか話してくれました。 They told us (there/was/happening/what) (2)彼女に何枚CDを持っているのかたずねてみよう。 I'll ask her (has/CDs/how/many/she). 日本文を英文になおすときかっこに適する語句を入れてください。 (3)あなたはクジラを見たことがありますね。 You have ( )? (4)由美子はリンゴが好きではありませんね。 Yumiko( )? この問題を解いてみると、 (1)They told us what was happening there, (2)I'll ask her how many CDs she has. (3)You have seen a whale, haven't you? (4)Yumiko doesn't like an apple, does she? (3)と(4)は確実に間違っていると言われました。 どこが、間違っているのか教えてまらえませんか?

• どのような意味でしょうか

Dear Annie: I can understand why "Camera-Shy Grandma" doesn't like to be photographed, but she should consider the fact that her stepdaughter likes pictures of people who are important to her. My brother was killed in Afghanistan 10 years ago, and I can't find a single photo of just the two of us together as adults. What I wouldn't give for one today! -- Kyle C. What I wouldn't give for one today!はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

少し長めですが、和訳をお願いいたします。 Now, at the end of this virtual visit, I ask the mother if there’s anything else I can do for her today. She says no, she’s set, she just wanted to know if she should bring her baby to the emergency room, and she’s relieved she doesn’t have to. I say great, that she should feel free to call us back if she has any other questions.

• 意味を教えてください

My fiancee bought a house last year, with a sizable down payment provided by her mother. A few weeks ago, my future mother-in-law expressed the sentiment that we should wait to put my name on the deed of the house in order "to see how the marriage works out." I understand that she wants to protect her investment, but we have decided to combine all of our finances in an effort to show unity, as well as making house-related issues easier for me to handle. I feel like she thinks I'm a gold digger. To make matters worse, my fiancee has trouble establishing boundaries with her mother and did not inform her mother of our plans to combine finances until the other day. put my name on the deed of the houseとestablishing boundaries with her mother の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします