• ベストアンサー

the first degree of affinity

ヘンリ8世とキャサリンオブアラゴンの離婚問題と、ローマ教会との離別についての英語文献を読んでいるのですが、「the first degree of affinity」これが何のことを言っているのか分かりません。姻族の第一親等ということですか?ちなみにその一文は「He was told to obtain a dispensation from the first degree of affinity.」となっています。

• 歴史
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • ameyuki7
  • ベストアンサー率38% (23/60)
回答No.1

>姻族の第一親等ということですか でしょう。キャサリンオブアラゴンはヘンリ8世の兄であるアーサーと結婚し、未亡人になったので、affinityがある義理の弟と再婚するにPopeから dispensationをもらったはずです。ただ、キャサリンオブアラゴンは初婚では夫婦の関係はなかったと主張していましたが。 そしてヘンリ8世が離婚を正当化させるために言い出したのは、教会から法律的に義理の姉と結婚の許可を承諾していても神には(ようするにモラル的には)許されない事で無効の結婚で、キャサリンは夫婦関係がなかったと言っているがそんなの作り話だと。 まあ、自分の愛人(Anne)の姉(Mary)とも愛人関係だったことを棚に上げて、本当に自分勝手の調子の良い解釈ですが。 ただfirst degreeとあるのが気になって(現在の法律では義理の兄弟はたしか2nd degreeになるはずなので)調べてみましたが昔の法律では義理の兄弟関係はfirst degreeになるようです。 http://books.google.com/books?id=vmO1NHtbqtAC&pg=PA386&lpg=PA386&dq=first+degree+affinity&source=web&ots=LSSk3oOokk&sig=sLB7ycATST1HyYfhDRDO3WLyE-c#PPP1,M1 (385~386ページ) ヘンリ8世の伝記を読んだのは数年前ですので、間違っていたらすみません。

oshietegoogle
質問者

お礼

わかりやすい解説ありがとうございました。 first degreeについてのサイトも参考になりました。

関連するQ&A

• ofの後に節はとれるのでしょうか?

The boss smiled at her first so that she won't be afraid of what he was going to say. という文を発見しました。 of の後に what ~ ときていますが、of の後に句ではなく節のとることができるのでしょうか?また後の前置詞はどうでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。

• First Amendment rights

Several families recently moved into our neighborhood ahead of the new school year. My 7 year-old son loves playing with the boy next door.. He is also 7 and just moved in. I was shocked on Sunday when the neighbor boy began using profanity in our backyard. When I told his mother about it on Monday, she said she encourages her kids to use profanity because she doesn’t want to stifle their First Amendment rights or creativity. stifle their First Amendment rights とはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

My husband has been invited to two separate weddings recently. The first wedding was casual and informal, and the second is a formal and destination affair. I was not invited to either. The first wedding he has already attended without me and only told me he was going to the wedding the morning of. http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2017/03/dear_prudence_i_masturbate_with_other_men_do_i_need_to_tell_my_wife.html?via=rubric_recirc_recent The first wedding he has already attended without meのThe first weddingの前にはas forか何かが省略されていると考えて良いでしょうか?あと、he was going to the wedding the morning ofは正しい英語でしょうか?その場合は the morning ofの解説をお願いします。よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

With STONE TEMPLE PILOTS moving full steam ahead on a new EP and a full slate of fall tour dates with new singer Chester Bennington, The Pulse Of Radio asked guitarist Dean DeLeo how the group chose the LINKIN PARK frontman for the job in the first place. "We simply did not have a list of guys we were thinking of, we didn't hold auditions, we thought of Chester and that was it," he said. "It's very interesting, honestly, because Chester told me a story that when he was dating his wife about nine years ago, he told her that one day he was gonna get a call from us to be the singer of this band."

• 接続詞thatの繰り返し

以下の文の中で、thatが二回出てくるのと、thatを一度しか使わないのとの意味上の違いはどうなるのでしょうか。 1・1   The player told me that Mr.Akiyama was a good coach and that he took good care of their team. 1・2  The player told me that Mr.Akiyama was a good coach and I can see he takes good care of their team. 2・1 He said that he had sat up very late wathing TV and that now he was tired. 2・2 He said that he had sat up very late wathing TV and now he was tired.

• stay on top of his job

Two years ago, my husband’s personality drastically changed overnight. Months later, after showing him one of your columns, I convinced him to see a doctor. It turns out he had a minor stroke at the age of 40. He did not notice the change; however, I was concerned because his short-term memory was very limited, common sense was gone, and he was no longer affectionate or attentive with me. The first year was really hard, I helped him stay on top of his job, and I wrote extensive notes so he wouldn’t forget to feed our kids or forget to drop them off at day care on his way into work. stay on top of his jobはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、on his way into workはon his way to workと言っても同じことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• (247)First of all ……この英文はどう訳せばよいでしょうか

(247) (ll. 109-120) First of all the deathless gods who dwell on Olympus made a golden race of mortal men who lived in the time of Cronos when he was reigning in heaven. And they lived like gods without sorrow of heart, remote and free from toil and grief: miserable age rested not on them; but with legs and arms never failing they made merry with feasting beyond the reach of all evils. 試し訳 先ず第一に、オリンパスに住む不死の神々はクロノスが天に君臨しているときの彼の時代に生きた人間の中の黄金の人種で構成する。さして、彼らは心の悲しさ(というもの)をなしに神々同然に暮らし、lived like gods苦しい仕事や苦悩から離れ、自由の身であり、remote and free from 彼らは悲惨な時代に左右されなかった。rested not on しかし、手足を使って失敗するようなこともなく、 with legs and arms never failing 彼らはあらゆる悪運の到来を超えて饗宴を開いては、陽気になった。made merry with feasting 質問 (1)remote and free from toilについて     直訳は自動翻訳みたいになります。しかし、どこかに、スムースな日本語     との接点があるだろうと思います。(日本語問題になる)     例えば、次のように訳せるでしょうか。 「苦しい仕事や苦悩とは無縁で、気楽であった」 (2)rested not onについて    rest onが難しい。辞書;<寄りかかる、当てにする、左右される>がある。     「左右されない」としましたが、「目を向けない」と訳せるでしょうか。 (3)with legs and arms never failingについて    両足と両腕;複数です。「両足と両腕で失敗しない」;意味不明    「手足<を使って>失敗するようなこともなく」としました。    この表現は正しいでしょうか。 (4)made merry with feastingについて    make merry;辞書;<陽気に騒ぐ>がある。 「饗宴を開いては、(たびたび)陽気に騒いだ」 これは正しいでしょうか

• 簡単な数学(in English)

Phillip charged $400 worth of goods on his credit card. On his first bill, he was not charged any interest, and he made a payment of $20. He then charged another $18 worth of goods. On his second bill a month later, he was charged 2% interest on his entire unpaid balance. How much interest was Phillip charged on his second bill? (1)問題の意味 (2)解き方 が分かりません。 教えてください!! よろしくお願いいたします。

• 和訳

Twitterで、 He treated his character of 'Oderus' as an extension of himself and whether he was in 100 degree hear or crammed in a production shuttle he always gave everyone around him the full character and 'show'. というツイートがありました。 途中からの文章で申し訳ないのですが... 彼というのはDavid Brockieのことで、このツイートをしたのは、Andy Biersackです。 whetherからが分かりません... どなたか和訳お願いします

• 『The sound of summer ~』

Ray Bradburyの『The sound of summer running』という短編からの質問です。 Well, he felt sorry for boys who lived in California where they wore tennis shoes all year and never knew what it was to get winter off your feet, peel off the iron leather shoes all full of snow and rain and run barefoot for a day and then lace on the first new tennis shoes of the season, which was better than barefoot. The magic was always in the new pair of shoes. The magic might die by the first of September, but now in late June there was still plenty of magic, and shoes like these could jump you over trees and rivers and houses. And if you wanted, they could jump you over fences and sidewalks and dogs. “Don’t you see?” said Douglas. “I just can’t use last year’s pair.” For last year’s pair were dead inside. They had been fine when he started them out, last year. But by the end of summer, every year, you always found out, you always knew, you couldn’t really jump over rivers and trees and houses in them, and they were dead. But this was a new year, and he felt that this time, with this new pair of shoes, he could do anything, anything at all. They walked up on the steps to their house. “Save your money,” said Dad. “In five or six weeks—” “Summer’ll be over!” ************************* they wore tennis shoes all year and never knew what it was to get winter off your feet, peel off the iron leather shoes all full of snow and rainについてですが it was to get winter off your feet~は、be動詞+to不定詞で、「あなたの足から冬を取り去ることになる」という予定の意味ですか? all full of snow and rainが、文にどのようにつながるのかわかりません。前置詞がないような?それとも the iron leather shoesと all full of snow and rainの間で切れているのか・・? ************************* last year’s pair were dead inside.の個所について deadは「すたれた」の意味ですか? ************************** 教えていただけるとありがたいです。 よろしくお願いいたします。