• ベストアンサー

ペンパル初心者。添削をお願い致します。特にニュアンス

度々お世話になります。 英文は正しいつもりですが、念のため上級者の方に見ていただければと思います。 特に日本語のニュアンスとの大きなズレがあれば是非ご指摘ください。よろしくお願いします。 相手はスコットランドの男性です。自分にとっては初めてのペンパル。出会いは一月前、彼が日本に来たときの新幹線の中。 Hi, how's it going? I think Kyoto shows more Japan-oriented culture. How did you feel? 京都には日本独自の文化が現れているよね。君はどう感じた? You will come back in 20xx? Oh, it's very good. 20xx年にこっちに来るって? それは良いね。 Mountainbiking is good too, it's free and open, and cool. マウンテンバイクもいいね。自由で開放的で、しかも格好いいし。 It's true that NYC is great. I felt something like enormous power then. ニューヨークは確かにすごいね。自分のときは何か圧倒的なエネルギーのようなものを感じたよ。 Boston I know ,but in what state is it? I have the city's image just like sober and literate. ボストンは知ってるよ、けど何州だったっけ?ボストンには僕は落ち着いて洗練されたイメージがあるなあ。 Prague in Czech? Maybe your impress and my image of Prague are alike. チェコのプラハ? 君の印象と僕のイメージは似てるかもしれないね。 Come to that, I choose Hokkaido island though, it's very magnificent for us. ところでね、僕は北海道を選ぶよ。とても雄大だと思う。 If that helps, it takes one and a half hours from Tokyo by air. ちなみに東京から飛行機で1時間半だよ。 I enjoyed feeling free with rich nature, because Tokyo is crowded, you know. 大自然のなかで自由を楽しんだよ。だって東京はごみごみしているでしょう? Enjoy it. 楽しみましょう、いろんな意味で。 参考のため自分が受けた内容も引用しておきます。 2007/6/xx, xxxx@xxx.com <xxxx@xxx.com>: > > i was in japan for xx days visiting hiroshima,hakata and kyoto ,next time i > come back,probably 20xx,i want to go out into the countryside and do some > mountainbiking, in march 20xx,i went to new york for five days,the following > year i went to boston and then on to new york for xx days, nyc is great ,not > quite as busy as tokyo,but great fun and more compact,when i went to tokyo > ,it took me four days to adjust to the time difference, > i also went to prague in 20xx,another beautiful city ,and only two > hours by plane from scotland , which part of japan do you like best,?

• x9e
  • お礼率57% (105/182)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Parismadam
  • ベストアンサー率65% (2756/4211)
回答No.1

こんにちは。6/26のご質問ではご丁寧なお返事を有難うございました。偶然の出会いから英語への再学習のきっかけになったのは、とても素晴らしい経験だったと拝察します。スコットランドの方は寛容で大らかな人が多いですね。 ご質問文にある英文は、よくできていると思います。十分通じますが、気づいた点は以下の通りになります。 1.Hi, how's it going?: it は不要です。 訳例: How's going? How are you going? 「お元気ですか?」 2.I think Kyoto shows more Japan-oriented culture. How did you feel?: (1)「~だと思う」はここでは印象・感想のことなのでfindが適切です。 (2)moreの使用がここでは不適切です。「日本独自の文化」はa typical Japanese traditional culture「典型的な日本の伝統文化」ぐらいでいいでしょう。 (3)「現れている」はrepresentが適切です。 (4)feelは目的語をとる他動詞なので、itなどの目的語をおきます。ここは「(京都を)どう思った?」という印象を訪ねる場合によく使われる動詞、findを用いるのがいいでしょう。その場合、疑問詞はHowではなくWhatになります。 (5)訳例: 1)I find Kyoto represents a typical Japanese traditional culture. What did you find it? 「京都は典型的な日本の伝統文化が現れていると思うけど、君はどう思った?」 2)I find Kyoto is a city full of typical Japanese traditional culture. What did you find it? 「京都は典型的な日本伝統文化が一杯つまった町だと思うけど、君はどう思った?」 2.You will come back in 20xx? Oh, it's very good.: (1)「~に来るなんて、それはいいね」と一文にしては如何でしょう。 (2)また、it's very goodは、主語が「I」と1人称になっていない文、やや客観的な印象を与えてしまいます。感情を素直に表した方が好印象を与えるので、Iを主語にして「~すると聞いて嬉しい」という文は如何でしょう。 (3)訳例: 1)It's nice that you'll come back to Japan in 20xx. 「日本に20XXにまた来るなんて、いいね」 2)How nice it is that~「同上」 3)I'm happy to hear that you'll come back~ 「日本に20XXにまた来るって聞いて、僕も嬉しいよ」 3.Mountainbiking is good too, it's free and open, and cool.: (1)「~はいいね」と感想を述べるときも、findを使うとスマートな英文になります。 (2)訳例: I find Mountainbiking (is) a sport of feeling free and open, and cool. 「マウンテンバイクは自由で開放的でカッコイイ感じのするスポーツだと思うよ」 4.It's true that NYC is great. I felt something like enormous power then.: (1)「確かに」は相手の感想を受けてのことなので、「君の言う通り」としてもいいでしょう。 (2)「自分のときは」は少し曖昧なので、「自分がNYへ行った時は」と具体化するといいでしょう。 (3)「エネルギーのような」はそのままenergetic「エネルギッシュな」「活力に満ちた」という形容詞も使えます。 (4)訳例 1)NYC is really great as you said. When I went there, I found it a very enormous and energetic city. 「ニューヨークは君の言う通りほんとにすごいね。自分が行った時は、とても巨大でエネルギッシュな町だと思ったよ」 2)As you said, I find also NYC is really great. When I went there, I felt knocked down by its enormous energy. 「君の言う通りNYCはほんとにすごいね。自分が行った時は、とてつもないエネルギーに圧倒されそうな感じがしたよ」 5.Boston I know ,but in what state is it? I have the city's image just like sober and literate.: (1)ここはボストンを前置して、目的語を倒置する必要はありません。 (2)「落ち着いて洗練された」はchic and refind (3)日本語の「イメージ」は「印象」=impressionに置き換えます。 (4)訳例: I know the city of Boston, but in which state is it? It gives me an impression of a chic and refined city. 「ボストンは知ってるよ、けど何州だったっけ?ボストンは僕に落ち着いて洗練された町って印象を与えるなあ」 6.Prague in Czech? Maybe your impress and my image of Prague are alike.: 「似てる」は「同じ」sameを使ってもいいでしょう。 訳例: As to Prague in Czech, your impression on it may be the same as mine. 「チェコのプラハについては、君の印象と僕のそれとは同じかもしれないね。」 7.Come to that, I choose Hokkaido island though, it's very magnificent for us. この「ところでね」とは、相手の質問の「君は日本のどこが好き?」という質問を受けての相槌だと思われますので、ここは「僕が日本で好きな場所は~」で始めるといいと思います。 訳例: For my favorite place in Japan, it's Hokkaido. It has a grand scale of nature. 「日本で僕の好きな場所と言えば、北海道だね。雄大な自然を誇っているよ」 8.If that helps, it takes one and a half hours from Tokyo by air. 北海道の話題の続きなので、there「そこ」という代名詞を用いた方がわかり易いでしょう。 訳例: It's a half-hours’flight from Tokyo to get there. 「そこに着くには、東京から飛行機で1時間半だよ」 9.I enjoyed feeling free with rich nature, because Tokyo is crowded, you know.: free with「~で自由を感じて」の前置詞の用法はありません。 訳例: I enjoyed myself feeling free in the rich nature, different from Tokyo as a crowded city. 「豊かな自然のなかで自由を感じながら楽しんだよ。ごみごみした町東京とは違ってね。」 10.Enjoy it.: ここは「人生を楽しんでね」という意味に解釈しました。 訳例: Enjoy your life.「人生を楽しんでね」 Enjoy your trip.「旅行を楽しんでね」 ふーっ、結構時間がかかりました。長くなりましたが、ご参考までに。

x9e
質問者

お礼

こちらこそ、ありがとうございます。 貴重なお時間と労力をいただき、本当に頭が下がります。 基本的なポイントというか英文生成のエッセンスはそう膨大なものではないと私は信じています。そう思い込むことで、ある程度努力すれば皆さんのようにスマートに英語を使いこなせると、夢がもてますからね。 もし現実だけを見て、なおかつそれを通して夢・目標を心眼する、みたいな境地に達すれば上達が早くなりますよね。 丁寧で豊富なご指導をいただいた為、かえって全てを理解するのに時間がかかりそうです。 取り急ぎお礼を投稿して、感謝の意とさせてください。 書き込まれた添削一つひとつを咀嚼しながら自分のものにしていきたいと思います。ではまた。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.2

こんにちは。Parismadamさんがもうほぼ大半の役処を 演じてくださったので、本来私の出番は皆無ですが、 マウンテンバイクについて参考だけ。 Parismadamさんはスポーツとしてマウンテンバイクを捉えてましたが、 私からはマウンテンバイクを『もの』として捉えた時の参考を。 I like mountainbyke, too. I feel free, open and besides cool with it. 蛇足にならなければ幸いなのですが…

x9e
質問者

お礼

せっかくのアドバイス、放置状態にして申し訳ありませんでした。 遅ればせながらお礼申し上げます。 Parismadamさんにも重ねて御礼申し上げます。 【数日後に締め切りいたします】

関連するQ&A

• シカゴの感想を添削

お願いいたします I visited to Chicago. It's a sister city Osaka. There are a lot of museum I like it. I went for sightseeing to Frank Lloyd Wright House in Okupeak. Also,I went Museum of Sciene and Industry where we watch Apollo 8 and take the U -505 submarine on board tour. There is Sue in Field Museum of Natural HIstory is very famous. It's Tyranno saurus rex fossil remains that is biggest and complete in the world. I took part in guided tour there it was intersting but I listened it difficult becouse it's English. I alway go to the are museum. Of coures visited the art of Institue of Chicago. It's 3 biggest Museum if US. I had enjoying a long time there. There are a lot of events in Chicago becouse many country people live in . Oh , I love most pake is lincoln park. Zoo in there is free therefor many animals so enjoying. I recomed there and tell me what you think if you go there.

• 友達への英文メールの添削を宜しくお願い致します

●英文メールですが、お読みになって変な部分がございましたら、ご教授戴けませんか? Hi Yuki, thanks for writing back. You have the great sense of learning foreign languages. You are goot at not only Italian but also English. Your e-mail written in Englishis is always welcome. Still now my English is poor. I don't have the sense of learning English. I'd like to say everything in English before I gonna die!!! How I envy you!! You had a wanderfull vacation. Please let me know your precious experiences in overseas when you come back to Japan. I have the day off today. In the evening, I'm going to Izakaya place where is in Urawa with my husband. And there, I make my husband to meet my relatives who live in Urawa. ※ここの文章は特に自信がありません。「そしてそこで、私は浦和に住んでいる親戚達に夫を会わせます」と伝えたいのですがOKですか? It's the first time my husband meets them. I hope we can enjoy meeting, talking, and drinking. Well it's all for today. Please write back when you can. So you don't need to hurry. どうぞ、宜しくお願い致します。英語が上手になりたいです!!

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

“To me it's just like, I don't know man. To me it's like gratitude is a little bit cooler than crapping all over everybody. I love Scott, love him, but I also know what it's like to have fans, and I shake hands every day and sign autographs and stuff like that. It's just like when you start thinking that like they're just going to show up every single day and not care and it's okay, at some point it's going to come back and hurt you.

• 和訳お願いいたします。

They were very interested to know how your trip went? And my mother said that your are very "kawaii so" because it has not been so cold in more than 100 years. Come to think of it ... you're really not very fortunate. In summer you visited Osaka and it hasn't been so warm for 100+ years. And when you visit Belgium in winter ... it hasn't been so cold for more then 100 years. You really go through cold and heat to see me ... I'm so happy to know you ... Of course you can stay in "our" hotel room as much and as long you want. . I come to Tokyo for you. If you ask me about my top 5 things I want to do when I'm in Tokyo,

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

I guess I'm going to be the one to have to do this. Males of the planet earth it is not ok to take your penis out whenever you like! Getting a female alone (or in pairs) and uninvitedly displaying your dick is not a dating strategy. It's not sexy it's gross. And it's illegal. And it's traumatic and frightening and more (I can't pretend to know the ways it hurts victims) and you make all registered penis owners look bad.

• 英訳添削してください!

Looking back how it was in them days,no maps,no roads,no interstates,you just come over a ridge and you look down and this whole country is untouched and somehow you had to go in there and make a living for you and your family and your tribe. 地図も道路も幹線道路もない、それらの日々を振り返ることがいかなるものか、あなたはちょうど山の背にやって来て見下ろす、そしてこの国は触れられていない、そしてどういうわけかあなたはそこに行かなければならない、そしてあなたとあなたの家族とあなたの部族のために財産をつくらなければならない。    訳してみたんですが、訳が分かりません(>_<)特にsomehow とLooking back how it was in them daysのところが・・ 詳しい人教えてください!お願いします!

• つたない英語ですが...添削お願い致します。

以下の内容をメールで送ろうと思います。 お恥ずかしながら英語は苦手です^^; 添削、助言をお願い致します。 ----------------- クリスマスは◯◯で過ごしたんですね。 ◯◯からの手紙で知りました。 クリスマスカード、組み立てる事は出来ましたか? どんな新年を過ごしていますか? 日本はお正月休みがあります。 私はお寺に参拝に行きました。 写真送りますね。 ◯◯はとても暑い様ですね。 からだに気をつけて過ごしてください。 それでは。 --------------------- Hi、◯◯. Did you spend Christmas in ◯◯? I knew it letter from ◯◯. Were you able to construct a Christmas card? What did you spend New Year ? Japan has New Year holidays. ☆I went to the temple for worship. ☆I went to the pay homage at a temple. Please find the pictures attached. Is ◯◯ very hot? I wish you a safe and healthy life. Hope to see you soon. ---------------------------- なんだかカチカチな文章になってしまいました....。 しかも疑問系ばかりです。 クリスマスカードの組み立ては組み立てるカードを 送ったのでこう書いたのですが.....。 ☆部分はどちらが良い表現でしょうか。 参拝、と言うニュアンスが伝わるかどうか。 申し訳ありませんが助言を頂くとありがたいです。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 何度も申し訳ないのですが。自由英作文の添削

何度もすいません。 受験が迫りあせっていて添削を依頼させていただことが多いと思うのですが もしよろしければ些細な点でも指摘いただけると助かります テーマ 日本について外国人に何か自由に説明してください(100~150) There is a lot of great beautiful nature in Japan. For example, it has Mt.Fuji , which is very famous for its height. It is the highest mountain in Japan, so a lot of foreign tourists come to japan in order to see it. It is also famous for its beauty. Last summer I went sightseeing in Yamanasi. When I took a look at Mt.Fuji, I was overwhelmed by its beuauty. Probably you may not be able to understamd how great it was, so I recommend that you see it. In addition, you can climb it. If you have conffidence in your physical strength, you should have a try. It is said the view from the top is beyond description.

• またまた、添削お願いできますか?まだまだ頑張らないといけない私です。

通勤途中の携帯で作文しました。Yes,it is not my day-off,today too! 日本語が理解できる人であれば、私の英文が解ると思いますが、日本語が理解できない英語圏の人たちに、この文章は理解して貰えるのでしょうか?どうかな...? Hi,there! The day before yesterday I was absent from my job. Maybe I think you know why. Don't you see? I had a cold again. I was in bed all day the day. I had to get well as soon as possible! These three months I was absent once a month, because of a cold. These all days were five days! It's too bad for worker, don't you think so? Do you worry me? Thank you for thinking of me. Now I'm in the train heading for the office. And I am writing this one. I should have to take care of myself. I always say to my friend “ Please take care of yourself, OK? “. From now, the first I have to say it to ME! I get off the train next station! Ciao for now!

• 英語の長文の添削をお願い致します。

自分で「コメとパン」についての英文を作成してみましのたで、長文で面倒くさいかもしれませんが、英語に詳しい方がいらっしゃいましたら添削をお願い致します。 英文で変な部分がございましたら、バシバシご指摘下さい。 Some people eat rice, the others eat bread in the morning. It often compares rice and bread. But it’s very difficult to compare rice and bread, because both rice and bread have some advantages and disadvantage. For my part, I think that rice is superior to bread. Because rice keeps you going longer than bread, when I eat rice in the morning, stomach has been full by noon. On the other hand, when I eat bread, I’m hungry about ten o’clock. However, bread has advantage. Bread is easy to set the table for breakfast. I just bake breakfast and can eat to place the butter on bread. But I have to wash into rice cooker. In the case of rice, because I have to prepare for a side dish, I take time.  In this case, both rice and bread have some advantages and disadvantage. But, I’m sure that rice is superior to bread for an office worker to work from morning, because rice keeps you going longer than bread.