• ベストアンサー

海外ドラマseinfeldより

ELAINE: ok, Jerry, I would be going out with him no matter what he looked like JERRY: of course you would ELAINE: oh yeah, oh.. like you're one to talk JERRY: Elaine ELAINE: what? JERRY: different for a man というやりとりで like you're one to talkの意味がよくわかりません。。。

noname#45937
noname#45937
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Shinnbone
  • ベストアンサー率42% (146/345)
回答No.1

これは「君にそう言う資格はない」というニュアンスで、親しい友人等との話ではよく使われる表現です。 例えば、いつも遅刻している人に「時間は守れよ」と言われて「お前が言うか?」と言いたい時に "Yeah, like you're one to talk." と言えます。 また「俺が言うのも変だけど」と言いたい時 "It's not like I'm one to talk, but ..." と言えます。 例文の場合、イレインが「彼の容姿には関係なくつき合ってたわよ(今の彼がもし不細工だったとしてもつき合ってた)」と言い、ジェリーが「そりゃそうだよ」と言ったので「フ~ン、貴方がそんな事言うとはね」といった感じですね。つまり、ジェリーはきれいな女性としかつき合わないので、ここでイレインと同意するのは変だ、と言う事です。で、最後にジェリーが「男と女は違うんだよ」と言っています。

noname#45937
質問者

お礼

すごい!ばっちりわかりました★ありがとうございます♪

関連するQ&A

• 海外ドラマseinfeldより

(Jerry and Elaine enter and see the mannequin getting spanked by another mannequin) JERRY: Boy, the resemblance is uncanny. (Elaine goes to the saleswoman) ELAINE: You think you can pose me however you want? That's my ass in your window! SALESWOMAN: It's our store and our mannequin, we can do whatever we want with it. ELAINE: No! You take that mannequin down right now, or I'm pressing charges. (Jerry goes along) Yes, this is my attorney. SALESWOMAN: (to Jerry) Yeah? What law am I breaking? JERRY: Well, I believe there's some legal precedent - Winchell vs. Mahoney, ELAINE: Uh-huh JERRY: The Charlie Macarthy hearings. ELAINE: Uh-huh. Are you taking this down? SALESWOMAN: I'm getting the manager. (she leaves) ELAINE: Jerry get the car. (she's getting the mannequin) JERRY: What are you doing? ELAINE: Just get the car! JERRY: Elaine, as your legal counsel I must advise against this. (They get out with the mannequin) (scene ends) [Jerry's car] (Jerry and Elaine are sitting in the car with the mannequin between them. Jerry looks at the two Elaines beside him.) JERRY: I don't know about you, but I'm getting a hankering for some doublemint gum. Alright, I'm dropping you off at work, right? イレインが自分にそっくりなマネキンが恥ずかしいポーズにされているのに怒ってマネキンを奪って行くシーンなんですがその逃げ道の途中ジェリーがマネキンとイレインを見てアメリカンジョークでダブルミントガムがたまらなく欲しいと言ってるんですが一体どういう意図でそんなことを言っているのか?です。

• コメディドラマ seinfeldを観ていて

下の会話の内容で JERRY: Yes, I'd like to speak to Barry Prophet, please. VOICE: I'm sorry he's out of town this week. JERRY: Out of town? VOICE: Yes, he went to South America. JERRY: South America? KRAMER: South America? JERRY: I'll call back, thank you. (hangs up the phone) He went to South America! KRAMER: Yyyeeaaah!! ELAINE: So what? JERRY: Who goes to South America? ELAINE: People go to South America. JERRY: Yeah, and they come back with things taped to they're large intestine この最後のJERRYの(彼らは腹に物を包帯に巻いて帰ってくる)というセリフが意味不明です、自分の訳し方が間違ってるのでしょうか? どなたかわかりますか?

• 海外ドラマで

ELAINE:So, anyway, you're a..you're a big advisor to Mayor Dinkins, huh? LLOYD: Yeah, yeah. It's coming right down to the wire. というやりとりでイレインがあなたはディンキン市長のアドバイザーなんでしょう?と聞いてロイドの答えをどう訳していいのかわかりません。。

• 海外ドラマseinfeldより

DIANE: He was always such a goof-off. I mean did he ever get anywhere? JERRY: Sure. DIANE: Yeah? What field? JERRY: Marine biology. DIANE: George is a marine biologist?! JERRY: Yeah, pretty damn good one, too! DIANE: I can't believe it. I-I would never had thought… JERRY: Yeah... he’s specializing in whales. He's working on lowering the cholesterol level, in whales… all that blubber -- quite unhealthy. You know it’s the largest mammal on earth but as George says "they don't have to be." というやりとりで最後のthey don't have to be はどう解釈したらよいでしょうか?

• 海外ドラマseinfeldより

LIPPMAN: We have got you in a very nice hotel, I-I don't know how you like to work, but ah, I can arrange for an office if you like. TESTIKOV: (Russian accent) I work in hotel. LIPPMAN: Oh. TESTIKOV: … is better. TESTIKOV: Away from all your little petty bickerings and interference. LIPPMAN: You know, Tolstoy use to write in the village square. The faces inspired him. TESTIKOV: (proudly) He did not need inspiration… God spoke through his pen. Hu Hu Hu (pounds his fist lightly on his heart) ELAINE: Ohh, That is so true! (clutches her hands to her chest) LIPPMAN: Yes. ELAINE: Although one wonders if "War and Peace" would has been as highly acclaimed as it was, had it was published under it's original title "War---What Is It Good For?" というやりとりで最後のイレインのセリフがよくわかりません。。

• 海外ドラマseinfeldより

JERRY: I did it for you. GEORGE: I don’t know what did you had to tell her that for. You put me in a very difficult position, Marine Biologist! I'm very uncomfortable with this whole thing. JERRY: You know with all due respect I would think it's right up your alley. GEORGE: Well it's not up my alley! It's one thing if I make it up. I know what I'm doin, I know my alleys! You got me in the Galapagos Islands livin' with the turtles, I don't know where the hell I am. JERRY: Well you came in the other day with all that whale stuff, the squeaking and the squealing and… GEORGE: Look, why couldn't you make me an architect? You know I always wanted to pretend that I was an architect. Well I-I'm supposed to see her tomorrow, I-I-I'm gonna tell her what's goin on. I mean maybe she just likes me for me. この会話でalleyはどう解釈すべきでしょうか俺の十八番とか得意な事みたいなニュアンスですかね?

• 英語の構文150で質問です。

It is not until well into llife that one begins to be able to form a dim idea of what  one has looked like to one's friend. (中年になって初めて、自分が友人たちにどのように見えていたのか漠然と 理解することができるのである) It is not until well into llife 「中年になって初めて」  なぜ、このように訳せるのですか?? 辞書にも「well into llife 」は載っていませんでした。 a dim idea of~「漠然と理解する」これは、覚えるしかないのでしょうか? 「はっきりしない見解」→「漠然と理解」と理解すればいいのでしょうか?? 「what  one has looked like to one's friend.」このwhatは、先行詞を含む  関係代名詞ですか? one は、「自分」、one's friendは、「友人たち」 looked like to one's friendのlike to の間に 何か省略されている感じがするのですが・・・ 辞書に「what does it look like? それは、どんな風なものですか?」 が関係ありそうな感じもするのですが・・・ わかりません!お願いします。 <(_ _)>

• 海外ドラマの1シーンでの会話なんですが

どうしてもわからないセリフが出てきたので質問します 街中で女性が思い通りに行かなくてイライラしてた時(携帯を切った直後)に 突然現れた男性が声を掛けるってシーンなんですが 男「Sounds like you're shaking things up in there.From the looks of the place,I'd say they could use it.」 女「Is that right?」 男「Tell me something.How's a girl like you end up in a place like this?」 女「Oh, you have to do better than that.」 っていうシーンなんですが 初めの男性のセリフが何で調べてもさっぱりわかりません 最初のSounds like you'reは立て続けに 見たいな意味だと思うんですが・・ できればソコソコ詳しい解説付きで回答いただけたらばと思います

• 海外ドラマの1シーンでの会話なんですが

どうしてもわからないセリフが出てきたので質問します 街中で女性が思い通りに行かなくてイライラしてた時(携帯を切った直後)に 突然現れた男性が声を掛けるってシーンなんですが 男「Sounds like you're shaking things up in there.From the looks of the place,I'd say they could use it.」 女「Is that right?」 男「Tell me something.How's a girl like you end up in a place like this?」 女「Oh, you have to do better than that.」 っていうシーンなんですが 初めの男性のセリフが何で調べてもさっぱりわかりません 最初のSounds like you'reは立て続けに 見たいな意味だと思うんですが・・ できればソコソコ詳しい解説付きで回答いただけたらばと思います

• この会話・・・

ペンパルに what are you doin this weekend? と聞かれたから今週末はBBQといいました。 そしたら、 where?I would like to g oと入ってきて、○○でやるんだよといったら、 oh really,so what are you going to do this weekend と入ってきたのですが、これはどういう意味ですか?今週末は何をしてるかということですか?(BBQといったけど) 教えて下さいお願いします