• ベストアンサー

どうしても訳せない歌詞

皆様 宜しくお願いします。 JacksonBrowneが大好きで彼の歌う叙情溢れる歌詞に惹かれております。 自分なりに彼の多くの歌詞を訳して理解しているのですが、長年どうしても訳せない歌詞が有り、こちらで質問させて頂きました。 「Rock me on the water」という曲のさびの部分になります。 ちょっと長いですが、前後の意味も重要かと思い記載いたします。 分からないのは下の※で囲んだ部分です。 Oh people, look around you The signs are everywhere Youve left it for somebody other than you To be the one to care Youre lost inside your houses Theres no time to find you now Your walls are burning and your towers are turning Im going to leave you here and try to get down to the sea somehow The road is filled with homeless souls Every woman, child and man Who have no idea where they will go But theyll help you if they can Now everyone must have some thought Thats going to pull them through somehow Well the fires are raging hotter and hotter But the sisters of the sun are going to rock me on the water now ※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※ Rock me on the water Sister will you soothe my fevered brow Rock me on the water Ill get down to the sea somehow ※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※ お分かりになる方がいらっしゃいましたら、ご回答のほど宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • dripdrop
  • ベストアンサー率78% (149/191)
回答No.2

これは難問ですね。 Jackson Browneについては詳しくないので、見当違いかもしれませんが、参考までに考えてみました。 この歌詞で解釈のむずかしいところは、 (1)sisters of the sun とは何を指すのか (2)Rock me on the water とは何を意味するのか (3)seaとは何を象徴しているのか の3点だと思います。 まず(1)ですが、これはおそらく、この曲よりもしばらく前(1970年)にリリースされたMelanieの "Candles in the rain" という曲の Little sisters of the sun lit Candles in the rain ・・・・・・ Candles in the rain Lit the fire to the soul Who never knew his friends (太陽の妹たちが、雨の中で蝋燭に火をともした。・・・・ 雨の中のろうそくは、友達を知らなかった人の心に火をともした。) という歌詞からとったものだと思います。(この歌詞は、ウッドストックのコンサートで、聴衆たちが雨の中でろうそくに火をともしてメラニーの歌を聴いたことにちなんで書かれたものだそうです。) 神話的象徴としては、sisters of the sunは月や星(ギリシア神話では月と曙)のことを指すとも考えられますが、この曲の文脈には合わないようです。 次に(2)について。 rock は動詞で「揺する」という意味ですが、また、(赤ん坊などを)「そっと揺すってあやす」という意味もあります。rock a baby in a cradle と言えば、「赤ちゃんをゆりかごに乗せて揺すってあやす」という意味です。on the water は「水上で」という意味から「船に乗って(乗せて)」という意味になることがあり、ここではその意味だと思います。 つまり、「太陽の妹たち」に「私を船に乗せて(水に浮かべて)(赤ちゃんをあやすように)そっと揺すって(眠らせて)くれ」と頼んでいるのだと思います。この船がどこに浮かんでいるのかは書かれていませんが、私は海をめざしている(まだ海に着いていない)のですから、船は川を下っているのだと考えるべきでしょう。 次の行の Sister will you soothe my fevered brow という文は、句読点を補えばSister, will you soothe my fevered brow? となります。ここで brow は「眉」ではなく「額」を意味します。したがってこの文は、「(炎に焼かれて)熱くなった額の痛みを和らげてくれないか」というような意味になります。 以上のことを踏まえて質問の部分を訳してみると、 (太陽の妹たち、)私を船に乗せてそっと揺すってくれ。 (炎に焼かれた)額の熱を癒してほしい。 私を船に乗せてそっと揺すってくれ。 (そうすれば)私は何とか海にたどりつくだろう。 というようなことになるでしょう。 最後に「「海」は何を象徴しているのか」という(3)の問題ですが、はっきりしたことは分かりません。 (a)「家」や「塔」が「文明」を表すのに対して「自然」を象徴する (b) 炎が戦争を象徴するのに対して「平和」と「安らぎ」を象徴する (c) 炎に包まれた世界が「世の終わり」を暗示するのに対して、「新生」「再生」を象徴する など、いろいろな解釈が考えられるでしょう。

tsubo1974
質問者

お礼

dripdrop様 コメントが遅くなりまして誠に失礼致しました。 本当に丁寧なご回答、感謝申し上げます。 他の詩からの解釈は本当に役立ちました。 やはりとても比喩的な表現色の強い歌詞なのですね。 dripdropさん程の捉える能力をお持ちで有れば、叙情溢れる詩をたくさん作っているJacksonBrowneを是非聴いて欲しいです。 ちなみに私の最も好きな彼の詩は「The times you have come」という詩なのですが、少し悲しい詩を優しく歌うこの曲は、とても良い曲ですよ。 dripdropさんには是非聴いて頂きたいと切に願います。 またご縁が有りましたら、宜しくお願い申し上げます。 ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• do-deshow
  • ベストアンサー率25% (54/211)
回答No.1

さあ水面へと 太陽の女神よ、私のあせりを落ち着かせてくれ さあ水面へと 私はなんとかして海にたどり着くぞ

関連するQ&A

• 洋楽の歌詞の和訳

イーグルスのデスペラードという曲の歌詞のなかから質問です。 大まかな意味は理解できるのですが2行目の You`ve been out riding on fences の意味がいまいち しっくりきません。特に have been out よろしくお願いします。 Desperado, why don't you come to your senses? You`ve been out riding on fences for so long now Oh, you're hard one (But) I know that you`ve got your reasons These things that are pleasing you Will hurt you somehow

• 訳していただけますか?

すみませんが、このような手紙が娘に送られてきてて、私としては何と書かれているのかわからないので、よければニュアンス等訳していただけないでしょうか? I am the one who called your office last week. I have been with your husband since he said he is going to divorce with you and since you two have been living separately. But now, you two are living together. How you two are going to be? If you two are going to back, he at least cheated me. Tell him, call me.

• 歌詞の内容

この歌詞を日本語に解読出来る方いましたら教えて下さい。お願いします。 Cry Me A River You were my sun You were my earth But you didn't know all the ways I loved you, no So you took a chance And made other plans But I bet you didn't think that they would come crashing down, no You don't have to say, what you did, I already know, I found out from him Now there's just no chance, for you and me, there'll never be And don't it make you sad about it You told me you loved me Why did you leave me, all alone Now you tell me you need me When you call me, on the phone Girl I refuse, you must have me confused With some other guy Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn To cry, cry me a river Cry me a river, girl Cry me a river Cry me a river, girl yea yea I know that they say That some things are better left unsaid It wasn't like you only talked to him and you know it (Don't act like you don't know it) And all of these things people told me Keep messing with my head (Messing with my head) You should've picked honesty Then you may not have blown it (Yea..) You don't have to say, what you did, (Don't have to say, what you did) I already know, I found out from him (I already know, uh) Now there's just no chance, for you and me, there'll never be (No chance, you and me) And don't it make you sad about it You told me you loved me Why did you leave me, all alone (All alone) Now you tell me you need me When you call me, on the phone (When you call me on the phone) Girl I refuse, you must have me confused With some other guy (I'm not like them baby) Your bridges were burned, and now it's your turn (It's your turn) To cry, cry me a river (Go on and just) Cry me a river-er (Go on and just) Cry me a river (Baby go on and just) Cry me a river-er, yea yea Oh (Oh) The damage is done So I guess I be leaving Oh (Oh) The damage is done So I guess I be leaving Oh (Oh) The damage is done So I guess I be leaving Oh (Oh) The damage is done So I guess I be... leaving You don't have to say, what you did, (Don't have to say, what you did) I already know, I found out from him (I already know, uh) Now there's just no chance, for you and me, there'll never be (No chance, you and me) And don't it make you sad about it Cry me a river (Go on and just) Cry me a river-er (Baby go on and just) Cry me a river (You can go on and just) Cry me a river-er, yea yea Cry me a river (Baby go on and just) Cry me a river-er (Go on and just) Cry me a river (Cause I've already cried) Cry me a river-er, yea yea (Ain't gonna cry no more, yea-yea) Cry me a river Cry me a river, oh Cry me a river, oh Cry me a river, oh Cry me a river, oh (Cry me, cry me) Cry me a river, oh (Cry me, cry me) Cry me a river, oh (Cry me, cry me) Cry me a river, oh (Cry me, cry me) Cry me a river, oh (Cry me, cry me) Cry me a river, oh (Cry me, cry me) Cry me a river (Cry me, cry me)

• 至急訳して頂けますか?

Say,do you know that I'd like to do this afternoon?"he said,turning to me. "While your uncle and aunt are sleeping off this meallet's you and me go on the river and get water on the brain.

• 歌詞の和訳をお願いします

Friendsの「Listen to your heartbeat」という曲中にある歌詞について質問します。 I do believe in the two of us That you and me – we are the only ones この意味がわかるようでわかりません。 この2行の和訳をお願いします。 できましたら、 なぜ、そのように訳されたのか、その理由を教えていただけるありがたいです。 参考までに 曲名:Listen to your heartbeat I wanna know what you feel inside Is something wrong? Why did you leave last night? Is it all just a game? – Oh... tell me why we can't be lovers I do believe in the two of us That you and me – we are the only ones And we were meant to be true, so tell me why we can't be lovers How could I be such a fool I thought I already knew it all, but I know I was totally wrong Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you How will I know if you're fooling me? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be Like it's all just a game, and I just want us to be lovers We had it all in our hands Just like those all happy ends I still don't know why, but we lost it somehow Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you One more chance to make a try Nothing left to do for you and I Listen to your heartbeat – it will take you higher Follow your emotions – I know you'll get stronger Listen to your heartbeat – the feeling will guide you Hold on to devotion – I know it's inside you Listen to your heartbeat

• 翻訳お願いします

Just wanted to let you know they are here. OK So going to start working on the hetsinks. Hope you get your drivers in soon. Someone just PMed me and it took them 2 weeks to get there stuff. Sorry for the Delay. Usally never happens on shipping with me. Ill make up for it next time friend.

• 英語の歌詞

Looking into your eyes my why's are answered I become inspired in your words and my home is on your skin What tender love, my devotion, you came to be my religion My sweet emotion I regret nothing It was worth it, what was necessary to be with you, my love You are a blessing The hours and the life by your side, nena Are there to be lived but by your way At a good time Because it was worth it, it was worth it... I see you and I convince myself that you had to arrive After the storm I can anchor myself on your bosom here And be more myself, again myself, and my illusion for a flag And see whether I love you, that for love I give myself ある歌の歌詞です。 意味が良く分かりません。 別れの歌ですか? ご回答お願いします!

• 音楽の歌詞が訳せない

Your Call - Secondhand Serenade の曲を訳しています。 Stripped and pollished, I am new, I am fresh I am feeling so ambitious, you and me, flesh to flesh Cause every breath that you will take When you are sitting next to me Will bring life into my deepest hopes, What's your fantasy? の部分がよくわかりません;; なので、教えてください。すみません。

• 翻訳してください。

"And don't you dare to eat any of it yourself. Your Aunt Spiker and I are going to have it between us right here and now, half each. get on with you! Up you go!" そして、あなたは自分でそれのいずれかも食べませんか? あなたのスパイカーおばさんと私は現在ちょうどここに私たちの間にそれを持つつもりです、それぞれ半分。???? dare →挑戦、~する勇気がある。 すみません。さっぱり訳せません・・・。意訳でも構わないので、教えてください。おねがいします。

• これはなんて書いてありますか?

いつもありがとうございます。だいたいわかりますが、きちんと意味が知りたいのでお願いします。m(__)m I too when feeling sad always talk to friends and sometimes advise that they give is not always right I learned this the hard way back in September. They make there decision base on the feelings that they are going too with you. You have to believe in yourself and your decision only. I will always support your decision and opinion to any Mather, and I will help you also.(特にこのMtherの意味がわかりません。)