• ベストアンサー

和訳のお願い

yesterday is history. tomorrow is a mistery. today is the golden age between. なのですが、betweenって「A between B」という形しか知らないのですが・・・。 どう訳せばよいのでしょうか?初歩的な質問ですみません。

• 英語
  • 回答数7
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • hirb
  • ベストアンサー率53% (56/104)
回答No.7

>「普通は」ということは、もともとこういう文章があるんですか? はい。アメリカでは良く聞かれるフレーズです。 >書いていただいた文章ならどういう意味になるんですか? gift --- 贈り物(ギフト) present --- (1)贈り物(プレゼント)       (2)今、現在 "今日という日は贈り物。だから「プレゼント」って言うんだよ。" この文章の中の「プレゼント」は、(1)贈り物 と (2)今/現在 の二重の意味を示唆しているのです。

その他の回答 (6)

• hirb
  • ベストアンサー率53% (56/104)
回答No.6

質問に対する答えではないですが、普通は、 Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present. では? ※ That's why we/they call it the present. と言う人もいますが。

miyo-pinkheart
質問者

お礼

「普通は」ということは、もともとこういう文章があるんですか? 書いていただいた文章ならどういう意味になるんですか?

• mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.5

昨日は過ぎ去りにし過去 明日は未だ答え見えぬ未来 今日は(「過去」と「未来」の間の)束の間の黄金の日 「未だ」=「いまだ」と読んで下さい、、、、、、 「束の間」は私が勝手に追加しました。この方が 全体の「やるせなさ」と「不確かさ」を表現できるような、、希ガス。。。」 ここまで言えば、「過去」と「未来」を省略しても、、、、 否、省略しなければ「この詩」が美しくないと考えれば。。。。 如何かな?

miyo-pinkheart
質問者

お礼

ステキな意訳です。 人によって同じ文章でも印象が違いますね。自分ではこのような意訳ができなかったので、知りたかったんです。 ありがとうございます!

• amosnoopy
  • ベストアンサー率44% (47/105)
回答No.4

意訳ですが 過去(昨日)は忘れよう。 これからの事(明日)なんか考えなくてもいい。 大切なのは今(今日)だから、 じゃどうでしょう? 女性をくどく感じで訳してみました。 試験じゃ絶対〇もらえませんが・・・

miyo-pinkheart
質問者

お礼

いいですね! 意訳ってセンスいりますね。直訳しか出来ない私はこの文章の意味がイマイチ、わかっていませんでした。 あいにく私は女なのですが(笑)

回答No.3

昨日は歴史 明日はミステリー どちらもネガティブな雰囲気ですね。 だからこそ、その間である「今日は黄金時代」、という肯定的な意味を表現したいのでしょう。 between の後に必ずしも a & b が入るとは限りません。

miyo-pinkheart
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 betweenは中学で習った使い方しか知りませんでした。 「だからこそ」というところを強調してるということですね。

回答No.2

between は,前置詞として,between ~としたり,between A and B とするのが本来の用法ですが,そこから,~の部分(前置詞の目的語)を省略して,副詞的に用いる(さらに,名詞を後置修飾すること)もあります。  ここでは,between them(=yesterday and tomorrow)を表しています。  英語には,前置詞から副詞,形容詞,名詞へと転用する語もあれば,before のように,副詞が原義で,前置詞,接続詞へと転用する語もあります。

noname#46684
noname#46684
回答No.1

普通に 昨日は過去のものだ。 明日は未知なる物だ。 (だから)今日はその間にある、一番いい時(黄金の時)だ。 じゃないですか? misteryのスペルは本当はmysteryです。

miyo-pinkheart
質問者

お礼

スペルの間違いすみません。 早速、ありがとうございます。betweenは上の2文を指して「その間にある」ということなんですね。 昨日は過去、明日は未知、だから今日は一番いい時・・・ そのまんまなんですね。 もっと意味がある文かと思ってました。

関連するQ&A

• todayの品詞は?

the president issued a statement today.このtodayは副詞ですか?yesterday,tomorrowも副詞ですかね?

• 和訳して下さい。

この英文を和訳して下さい。 birthday cardに書いてあった文章です。 Today the age of 50 will be redefined by someone who truly is one of a kind... 宜しくお願い致します。

• 和訳をおねがいします。

1,we live in the 21st century, the age of "new paradigm" ,where ethnicity has replaced ideology as a prime source of conflict. 2,we read shakespeare's play in school , experience them in the theater , and now, increasingly,see them on video and the movie screen. 3,i have a presentation on english political history tomorrow and i am extremely nervous now. 4,i was just taking a nap in the living room when my wife rushes in shouting that our car is on fire.

• 副詞の使い方と、和訳のヒントをお願いします

質問1. He naturally expressed his thanks. He expressed his thanks naturally. 二つの文の違いは、強調したいことをHeの次に入れているだけですか? 質問2. He is going to lecture on Japan today and yesterday.(彼は現在および過去の日本について講義してくれます) ■going toで「~するつもり」なので"going to lecture"で「講義するつもり」で当たっていますか? ■"Japan today and yesterday"は、「現在および過去の日本」という和訳になるのでしょうか?

• 和訳のお願いです。

意味論についての論文だと思いますが、和訳お願いいたします。自分でも訳してみましたが、読み返して見て分かりづらいため、和訳が上手な方の文章を参考にしたいと思います。よろしくお願いいたします。 (1)Whereas smoke is a natural sign of fire, causally connected with what it signifies, the red flag is a conventional sign of danger: it is a culturally established symbol. These distinctions between the intentional and the nonintentional, on the one hand, and between what is natural and what is conventional, or symbolic, on the other, play a central part in the theoretical investigation of meaning. (2)That the verb 'mean' is being employed in different senses in the examples that I have used so far is evident from the fact that Mary means trouble is ambiguous: it can be taken like Mary means well or like Smoke means fire. Indeed, with a little imagination it is possible to devise a context, or scenario, in which the verb 'mean' in Mary means trouble can be plausibly interpreted in the way that it would normally be interpreted in That red flag means danger. Most language-utterances, we shall see, depend for their interpretation upon the context in which they are used. And the vast majority of them have a wider range of meanings than first come to mind. Utterances containing the word 'meaning' (or the verb 'mean') are no different from other English utterances in this respect.

• あなたが空しく生きた今日は、昨日死んでいった人が、あれほど生きたいと願った明日 

この言葉を英語でいいたいです!   検討もつきません。。 ネット翻訳機を使ってみたのですが Today you lived emptily is tomorrow that the person  wished who died yesterday lives so much. 絶対違いますね。。。 だれか教えてください!

• どなたか和訳をお願い致します

I read your words. I wish we had a sweeter reunion. I just wanted to hold you close and love you. It was such a simple hope. That is how I feel. But I am still happy we met. I would like to meet you again if you wish to visit here again. I just got back here today. The truth is I miss you. But if we spend another evening together, please lets make it pure..and sweet. Especially the next time. If you would like to visit me here again and spend the night I welcome it. I could meet you here again like the place we were at before. I am free from 8pm. Infact.. If you want to meet me tomorrow (Tuesday) I would welcome it. I have a gift for you from my travels. I also miss you.

• 和訳

和訳例をお願いいたします。  One of the most dangerous phrases is that familiar combination of words “dead past.” The past is never dead; (A) is very much alive, for good and ill.  We are not, as a whole, a people with a vivid sense of history. We live in the  present and in the futureーand are proud of so doing. But without an acute sense of (B), (C) is meaningless and the future is filled with peril.  It is not so much the old cliche that “history repeats itself” as the fact that history anticipates itself. Today and tomorrow are foreseen in yesterday's patterns of events.  Hitler is dead; the spirit means, and how it acts under certain circumstances, we will not be able to cope with its return.  Ancient Greece is dead, but its problems remain: especially the one problem that great democracy could not solveーhow to achieve both freedom and security at the same time. Learning why Greece failed may help us find some happier solution.  We know that, in an individual life, the past remains active and influential, even when we are most unconscious of it. The same is true of nations and epochs; the waves keep widening for centuries, and slowly change the outline of the shore we stand on.  The past often seems “dead” because it is in a deadly fashion. To make the past come alive requires imagination as much as learning. The good history teacher must be more of a poet than a pedant; he must grasp the philosophy of historical events, or he has grasped nothing.  If we lose any freedoms, it may be because we play to much attention to the temporary needs of (D), and too little attention to the permanent foundations of the past.  People die; objects perish; but ideas persist forever. History shows us how ideas have changed men, and how men have changed ideas. Lacking this knowledge, we can only be blinded by false passions and aetrayed by false hopes. (A)~(D)には、the presentまたはthe pastのどちらかが入ります。

• 和訳お願い致します

The word beginning,' he says, as applied by Moses in the first verse of the book of Genesis, expresses an undefined period of time which was antecedent to the last great change that affected the surface of the earth, and to the creation of its present animal and vegetable inhabitants, during which period a long series of operations may have been going on; which as they are wholly unconnected with the history of the human race, are passed over in silence by the sacred historian, whose only concern was barely to state, that the matter of the universe is not eternal and self-existent, but was originally created by the power of the Almighty.' The Mosaic narrative commences with a declaration that in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.' These few first words of Genesis may be fairly appealed to by the geologist as containing a brief statement of the creation of the material elements, at a time distinctly preceding the operations of the first day; it is nowhere affirmed that God created the heaven and the earth in the first day, but in the beginning; this beginning may have been an epoch at an unmeasured distance, followed by periods of undefined duration during which all the physical operations disclosed by geology were going on.' The first verse of Genesis, therefore, seems explicitly to assert the creation of the universe; the heaven, including the sidereal systems; and the earth, especially specifying our own planet, as the subsequent scene of the operations of the six days about to be described; no information is given as to events which may have occurred upon this earth, unconnected with the history of man, between the creation of its component matter recorded in the first verse, and the era at which its history is resumed in the second verse: nor is any limit fixed to the time during which these intermediate events may have been going on: millions of millions of years may have occupied the indefinite interval, between the beginning in which God created the heaven and the earth, and the evening or commencement of the first day of the Mosaic narrative.'

• 今日の天気は昨日よりも悪いです

今日の天気は昨日よりも悪いです 題名のように言うとき The weather is worse today than yesterday. The weather today is worse than yesterday. どちらでも可能でしょうか