• ベストアンサー

「まれ」を外国の方に説明するとすれば?

「まれ」は「稀」という漢字です。 【他にあまり例の無いもの、または状況】という意味です。 ということを言いたいのですが、下記のような英語で通じるでしょうか。 全く自信が無い(というより多分間違っているような気がする。)ので、添削していただけないでしょうか。 if you write [まれ] in "kanji(漢字)", you should write it [稀]. [稀] means it is rare to be something or it is a rare case.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#210617
noname#210617
回答No.2

Mare means unusual. It is possible to be, but hard to be found. ちょっと違うかな?

hakobulu
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 何か良さそうですね。 試してみます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• goold-man
  • ベストアンサー率37% (8365/22183)
回答No.1

Occasionally 「時々」ではわかりませんか?

hakobulu
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 「時々」だと、何か他の意味に勘違いされそうな気もします。 「稀」は少ないことの強調だと思うのですが、 「時々」は、「少ないけれども確かにある」ことに力点が置かれているように思うので・・・。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 外国人への説明の仕方

英会話をしているんですけども、 DESCIPTIONをしろとよく言われます。 そこで、質問です。 TVとかで政治家の演説を聴いていて、 Could you tell me what "utsukushii kuni nippon" is? って、聞かれたらどう、答えたらいいのでしょうか? 「It's a slogan. It means that in Japan there are someone or something being beautiful.」 って、答えたら、正確に英語を話す外国人に伝わりますでしょうか?

• 添削お願いします

I think gambling should not be banned. If it is banned, some people living the revenue cannot life. Certainly there is something dangerous in any point, I think it is not to ban. As a result that it should be legalized and limit to gamble. It depends you for gambling to how to use. 文法的に間違いは無いでしょうか。なかったら暗記しようかなと思ってます。 よろしくおねがいします。

• すいません、翻訳お願いします

IF it is wrong will you please write how it should be labled! I need your address to send you the package. I can not write Japanese!! Please write your address how it should be written on the package.... thanks you hope to hear from you soon Carl

• Checkの定義

お世話になります。 checkの定義を英国人の方に伺いましたら、下記回答が帰って参りました。直感的にわかりにくいので、定義を日本語訳して頂けませんでしょうか。 "To Check" is to examine something in order to make sure that it is correct or the way it should be.

• 英語No.2

英英辞典からの質問です。 reference =part of something you say or write in which you mention a person or thing これは、 (1)you say or write something(something you say or write) (2)you mention a person or thing in something (something in which you mention a person or thing) の合成ですよね? ややこしい。。

• なんと説明したら良いのか困ってます

なんと説明したら良いのか困ってます! 英語でお願いしますm(__)m! Confusing... in Portuguese we have a word "Saudade" and it can't be translated to another idiom, but it is close to "I miss you". I use to think that "sinto falta de você (I miss you)" is like I miss you, but I can replace you and "saudade de você (also means I miss you)" like I miss you and nobody else can replace your spot in my heart/life

• 和訳をお願いします。

和訳をお願いします。 お願いしたいのは(4)の文です。 前後の文脈が合ったほうがいいかと思うので、 載せておきます。 (1)What are rights? (2)If you ask ordinary people what exactly a right is, they'll probably be at a loss, and won't be able to give a clear answer. (3)They may know what it is to violate someone's rights. (4)They may also know what it is to have their own right to this or that denied or ignored by others. (5)But what exactly is it that is being violated or wrongly denied? (6)Is it something you acquire or something you inherit at birth? よろしくお願いします。

• 【英語翻訳】文法的説明もお願いします。

I earnestly urge all young people contemplating their careers to keep in mind that nothing in work is finally rewarding unless it is work you would be willing to for nothing if you could afford to. お願いします。 特に、that nothing in work is finally rewarding unless it is work~らへんがよくわかりません・・・

• 英語のメールの和訳について

こんばんは。ニュアンス的にはわかるのですが、細かくわからなくて。 エキサイトは変になってしまったので、訳せる方お願いできますでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。 Also, would you rather me use polite sentence enders or can I be casual with you? Sorry, I don't know much about how it works, like if I should be polite with you since you're older than me or something

• 文法的な説明をお願いします。

次の文章をどのように文法的に解析したらよいか分かりません。 Liberty and freedom not given man as a free gift but as a right and a responsibility to be earned if he deserves it , is worthy of it , is willing to wark for it by means of courage and sacrifice , and then to defend it always. どなたかお願いします。freedomに not given man as a free gift but as a right and a responsibility to be earned がかかるのかな?と思ったんですが、文法的な解析が出来ません。