• ベストアンサー

和訳ができません。

2.I remember one guy in my French class when I was a college student.He was so angry that he couldn't understand French.Every week he raised his hand in class and challenged the theacher:"Why do the say it that way?It doesn't make sense!"he'd shout.Remembering this makes megrateful for my teaching job in Japan! I can't imagine any of my students getting mad at me because English pronunciation or spelling doesn't make sense. ~自分で考えた訳~ 私は自分が大学生だったとき、フランス語の授業に1人の男がいたのを思い出します。 彼はとても怒っていたので、フランス語が理解できませんでした。毎週、彼は授業中に手を挙げて、先生に挑戦をしました。 「なぜ、彼らはそれをそのような方法で言うのですか?それは意味をなしませんよ!」彼は叫んだものでした。 この出来事を思い出すことは、私が日本で教える仕事をすることにおいて私を喜ばせます。 私は、どの生徒も私に対して怒るということを想像できません。なぜなら、英語の発音と綴りは意味をなさないからです。 とりあえず訳してみましたが、自分で訳してみても文章が何を言いたいのか分かりません。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

>私は自分が大学生だったとき、フランス語の授業に1人の男がいたのを思い出します。 ⇒大学生の頃、フランス語の授業のクラスメートのことを思い出します。 >彼はとても怒っていたので、フランス語が理解できませんでした。 ⇒彼は、フランス語が分からないことに腹を立てていました。 >毎週、彼は授業中に手を挙げて、先生に挑戦をしました。 ⇒彼は、毎週、先生に、挑戦的な態度で、質問を投げかけていました。 >「なぜ、彼らはそれをそのような方法で言うのですか?それは意味をなしませんよ!」彼は叫んだものでした。 ⇒「何故、フランス人は、そのような言い方をするのですか? 意味がないじゃないか!」と声を張り上げて訊いていました。 >この出来事を思い出すことは、私が日本で教える仕事をすることにおいて私を喜ばせます。 ⇒このことを思い出すと、今、日本で教える仕事に就いている私は有難いと思います。 >私は、どの生徒も私に対して怒るということを想像できません。なぜなら、英語の発音と綴りは意味をなさないからです。 ⇒英語の発音とスペルは、全く意味をなさないので、どの生徒も私に喰ってかかることが想像出来ないからです。

tomo-chan1130
質問者

補足

>彼は、フランス語が分からないことに腹を立ててい>ました。 いわゆるso~that・・・構文だと思うのですが、「とても~だから・・・」という風には訳さないのでしょうか? >「何故、フランス人は、そのような言い方をするの>ですか? 意味がないじゃないか!」と声を張り上>げて訊いていました。 どこからtheyがフランス人だと読めるのでしょうか? また、そのような言い方というのは、例えばどんな言い方なんでしょうか? >英語の発音とスペルは、全く意味をなさないので、>どの生徒も私に喰ってかかることが想像出来ないか>らです。 なぜ、フランス語の発音とスペルは意味をなすのでしょうか?

その他の回答 (3)

noname#118466
noname#118466
回答No.4

最後の部分の意味はNo1の方の訳が良いと思います。 先生は学生時代のフランス語教室での経験を思い出しながら日本で英語を教えている自分は幸せだと考えています。何故? 理由は英語のような発音や綴りがムチャクチャナ言葉はない(これは事実です)のに、私の生徒でそのことについて私に怒り狂うような生徒は一人もいない・・つまり私の(日本の)生徒はおとなしくて、あのフランス語に怒っていた学生のような子はいないといいたいのでしょう。

回答No.3

和訳からは若干趣旨が外れますが・・ フランス語と英語は同じスペルや似たスペルの単語がたくさんあるので、ついそれが英語と同じように使わるだろうと思って誤解をしてしまうということがあるでしょうね。 先日台湾の人が止まる宿を探していたので道案内をしてあげたのですが、中国語のガイドブックをみながら目印を探していたら、その宿が近くなってから重要な目印に「停車場」と出ていました。 ほかの目印は店の名前だったり日本語でもそのままわかる漢字だったのですが、てっきり「停車場」という名前のお店かなにかがあるのかとおもいましたが、そこには何も建物がありませんでした。 でもその人は「ここで右ですね」と理解したようでした。 その時は英語で話していたのですが、「parkingは日本語でなんていうのですか?」と言われたので、そうか日本語の「駐車場」のことだったのか、とわかりました。 中国語と日本語は同じ漢字を使いながら用法が異なることがかなりあります。 たとえば「全日空」は中国では「毎日ガラガラ」となってしまう(そのまま英語にするとAll Day Vacant)のでANAに統一したそうです。 English pronunciation or spelling doesn't make sense フランス語とちがって日本語は、英語とは発音も意味もまるで異なるので、フランス語と英語のように発音や意味・用法を取り違えることはない、だからそのフランス語のクラスの同級生のように勝手に思い違いをして先生に食って掛かることはない、ということが言いたいのでしょう。

tomo-chan1130
質問者

お礼

なるほど、そういうことでしたか。 背景がつかめました。 ありがとうございます。

• spadetail
  • ベストアンサー率42% (9/21)
回答No.1

最後の部分 ...意味を成さないからといって怒るなんて言うことは、想像もできないからです。 日本の学生はおとなしく先生の言うことをきいているということですね。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします!

和訳をお願いします! I think that he’s an incredible dreamer, incredibly naïve, he’s incredibly smart in what he wants to be smart at he’s one of those guys that knows ten thousand little things but doesn’t know much about one big thing and it was really fun, it was really fun to read and... Again there was something inspiring about it, there was something child like about it. There was something oddly brave about it and the thing that was very cool about the part to me was that he’s a simple guy and in his simplicity he doesn’t over think the world. And so he just lets the world happen to him and I think that that’s a blessing a lot of the time. ある俳優のインタビューです。 自分の役柄について聞かれ答えているのですが、どうしても意味が理解できないんです。。。 長文ですが宜しくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳していただけませんか?

テストが近いのですが正確な和訳がわからなくて困ってます。どなたか和訳していただけませんか? In the end I thought, nothing for it, I'll just have to go for it, and I tried very hard not to notice the fact that the packet was already mysteriously opened. I took out a cookie for myself. I thought, that settled him. But it hadn't because a moment or two later he did it again. He took another cookie. Having not mentioned it the first time, it was somehow even harder to raise the subject the second time around. "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice . . ." I mean, it doesn't really work. We went through the whole packet like this. When I say the whole packet, I mean there were only about eight cookies, but it felt like a lifetime. He took one, I took one, he took one, I took one. Finally, when we got to the end, he stood up and walked away. Well, we exchanged meaningful looks, then he walked away, and I breathed a sigh of relief and sat back. A moment or two later the train was coming in, so I tossed back the rest of my coffee, stood up, picked up the newspaper, and underneath the newspaper were my cookies. The thing I like particularly about this story is the sensation that somewhere in England there has been wandering around for the last quarter-century a perfectly ordinary guy who's had the same exact story, only he doesn't have the punch line.

• 翻訳(和訳)をお願いします。

While Smith had the musician impressed, he revealed that his mind was somewhere else at the time. “My concern was that I was going to get killed,” the King Richard star admitted. “That was my concern when I was trying to spit my game, but I ain’t really have nothing.” "I was always faked like I had game. I didn’t really have game,” he added. “I was always in this full-on, trying to give the wildest flavor of having game, but that might have been the most terrified I had ever been trying to shoot my shot with Pepa. And I didn’t believe I had a real shot.” 翻訳サイトを使っても意味がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 高校英語の和訳教えてください

高校英語の和訳教えてください 1 Owing to the high cost of living , his wife could not make both ends meet. 2 My mother did not try to have me read anything I didn't like. 3 The truth is that a sick dog can have a wet nose, and a healthy dog a dry one. 4 The fact is that spiders are far from becing insects 5 The truth is that most students spend as many hours in class or at their studies as workers do at their jobs. 6 We had no idea what it would be like to live in a foreign county. 7 My father didn't want me dating anyone who wasn't Irish. If the man was Irish, it was all right ; it didn't matter he was like. 8 My husband got so angry at me that he almost struck me on the cheek よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の和訳です。お願いします!!

I paid for my purchases and was rearranging things in my purse when the little boy came up to the cashier. The cashier rang up his purchases and then said, "Congratulations, you are my hundredth customer today, and you win a prize!"With that, she handed the little boy the Pokemon game, and he could only stare in disbelief. It was, he said, exactly what he had wanted!  The little girl and her father had been standing at the doorway during all of this, and I saw the biggest, prettiest, toothless grin on that little girl that I have ever seen in my life.    As I walked back to my car in amazement over what I had just witnessed, I heard the father ask his daughter why she had done that."Daddy, didn't Grandma and Grandpa want me to buy something that would make me happy?"He said, "Of course they did, honey."the little girl replied, "Well, I just did!"

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします One day my father came home from work and called me downstairs from my room. He bent down to my size and hugged me,and asked me if I would try on my new coat and hat and model them for him. Upstairs I ran,two steps at a time,( 1 )to put on a fashion show for my father. I threw on the coat,but I couldn't find the hat. I nervously looked under my bed and it the closet,but it was nowhere. Maybe he wouldn't notice that I wasn't wearing it.

• 和訳お願いします。

"Oh," said Tommy. "What a waste! When you're through with the book, you just throw it away, I guess. Our television screen must have had a million books on it, and it's good for many more. I wouldn't throw it away." "Same with mine," said Margie. She was 11 and hadn't seen as many telebooks as Tommy had. He was 13. She said, 'Where did you find it?' "In my house." He pointed without looking, because he was busy reading. "In the attic." "What's it about?" "School."

• 次の文を和訳してください。

(1)You're sightseeing, aren't you? (2)He's as big as a horse, isn't he? (3)I bet he needs a lot of exercise,doesn't he? (4)I know them all, don't I? (5)I'm cabbie, aren't I? (6)He's very good, aren't you, boy? (7)Still, it keeps me busy all this rain, doesn't it? (8)This time last year we had sunshine every day, didn't we? (9)They're everywhere, aren't they? (10)These days I'm getting all sorts in my cab with the rain, you know. 以上です。

• 和訳をお願いします。

"I have never come close to being married or engaged. I was with someone eight years ago when I questioned whether I wanted the pressure of being married or having children. I always felt that if pregnancy was to happen, it would happen; if it didn't, it didn't...I have security, I don't need a man in my life.” 某アーティストのインタビューからの抜粋です。特に最後の文に度々出てくる“it”は、それぞれ何を指すのかがわかりません。 やや急いでいます。お願いします!

• 和訳をよろしくお願いします

I’ve been dating a great guy, “Max,” for about a year. Not too long after we met (we weren’t dating then), we started talking about family, siblings, etc. I mentioned I’d had a sister who died at a young age in a car accident. He said he’d lost a brother, “John,” the same way. It bonded us in a way, and it wasn’t long after that talk that we began dating. Over the Memorial Day weekend I went with Max to visit his family. They live in another state, and it was the first time I met them. Max’s mother was showing me some family pictures, and there were several of John. I know how hard it is for mothers to talk about their dead children, so I was as sympathetic as I could be. I mentioned my sister, and her car accident. Max’s mother looked at me kind of strangely but didn’t say much. Later I was talking to Max’s sister and again mentioned John’s death in a car accident. His sister corrected me and said it wasn’t a car accident, it was an OD. Apparently John OD’d when he was 18. This isn’t something I’d mind or find shameful. I know some addicts, and they are good people. It is the addiction that is bad. What I don’t understand is why Max lied to me. I can see lying to a stranger. I don’t like people in my personal business anymore than Max does. I don’t like people in my personal business anymore than Max does.の和訳をよろしくお願いします