• 締切済み

英語の文章(カンマ)

When I went to the beach today, I had a pint of beer. このTodayにくるカンマは必ず必要でしょうか?

みんなの回答

回答No.3

カンマを打つかどうかについては,日本語の読点と同じように,ある程度個人差があると思います。  といっても,いくつか規則はあります。  when, if などの副詞節(従属節)が主節の前にくるとき,その切れ目にカンマを置く,というのは,もちろん,重要な規則です。  しかし,副詞節が短めで,主節と密接な関係にある場合にはカンマは必要ありません。  また,主節と副詞節の主語と同じ場合には,カンマが省かれるケースが多いようです。

godzilladai
質問者

お礼

なるほど、なるほど。重要な規則か。回答ありがとうございました。今後小論文を書く時に気をつけてみます!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • qryoec
  • ベストアンサー率27% (33/120)
回答No.2

必要です。 現在は意味が通るからといって文法を無視あるいは軽視していく風潮がありますが,それに乗るかどうかは個人の品性となります。

godzilladai
質問者

お礼

なるほど!分かりました。ありがとうございます!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.1

when 節が today で終わることを明確にするために,コンマを置くように,日本の学校では厳しく教わります。英作などで置かないと減点する先生もいるかもしれません。  しかし,現実の英語では,I had ~以降は別の節(主節)であることはすぐわかりますので,必ずしも必要ではありません。  Yesterday I had a pint of beer. で,yesterday の後にコンマを置かなくてもよいのと同じ感覚で,置かない場合もあります。  コンマがあった方がわかりやすいですので,自分で英語を書く場合は(試験のためという意味だけでなく)置いた方がよいでしょう。  ただ,長文などで,ない場合があっても,的確に読み取るようにしておいてください。

godzilladai
質問者

お礼

大変勉強になりました。ありがとうございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英語あってますか??&英語にしてください!!

次の英文の意味はあってますか? When I opened a door of the entrance today, my dog jumped out to road... (私が今日ドアを開けたとき、私の犬が道路へ飛び出していきました) I thought that there was my dog in a house.. (私は私の犬が家に居ると思っていました) Because I heard a bark of dog from the outside, I went forth in wonder X( (外から犬の声が聞こえたので、外にでました) My dog was run over by a car... (私の犬は車に轢かれてました) I took a dog to a hospital and had a dioctar examine a foot. (私は病院に連れて行き、先生に診てもらいました) Fortunately, the bone wasn't broken...! ><. (幸い骨折はしていませんでした。) But it seems to be difficult to walk for the time being.. ;_; (しかし当分の間歩けないそうです) I'm a shock very much... >_< (私はとてもショックです) でいいですか? あと、「暗い話になってごめんね」を英語にしてください!

• ほぼ同じ意味の文章になるようにしてください!!

1. I had lunch before I went out. I went out [ ] I had lunch. 2. This is a bag which was made by my sister. This is a bag [ ] [ ] my sister. 3. Is that the girl ? You were talking about her. Is that the girl [ ] [ ] talking [ ]. 4. I went to a bookstore and bought his book. I went to a bookstore [ ]buy his book. [ ]の中に入る単語は何ですか?全然分かりません!!  誰か教えてください!

• 英語

1:The day will soon come () everybody uses a computer. (1)the way (2)when (3)where (4)which 2:That story reminds me () l went to ltaly. (1)of where (2)where (3)when (4)of when 3:The people present were worried about Betty because no one was aware () she had gone. (1)of where (2)that the place to (3)that the place was (4)of the place to 4:We have a lot of holidays during the week from the end of April to she beginning of May. () we call it Golden Week. (1)That's why (2)That's because (3)It is the reason for (4)It is what 5:() you talk reminds me your father. He also had a good sense of humor. (1)The way (2)When (3)Which (4)Why 解答と和訳お願いします

• 英語で

I longed for years to go to Rome;but,when at last I went to Rome, and dlove through its streets,I wondered whether it was worth while going so far to see a city so unworthy of its history. この訳を教えてください

• 英語

I was supposed to participate in the rally of football on the day. However, I made a lot of mistakes on the morning of the day. First, I got up at time when I had to gather in the station. Next, I was not able to find the stop of the bus to go to the ground of the rally easily. Finally, I kept walking for as much as 30 minutes, because I lose my way after it had got off the bus. この文に文法上の間違いがあれば教えてください。解る方、よろしくお願いします。

• この文章を訳せる方は果たして・・・

詩の1部抜粋です。どれが動詞だかなんだかわかりません。助けてください! For hence not callous to the mourner's pains through youth's gay prime and thornless paths I went: And when the darker day of life began, and I did roam, a thought-bewilderd man!

• double standard

My fiance is a toxic drunk. The last time he drank, he became verbally, emotionally and very nearly physically abusive toward me. It was the second time this had happened in our eight-year relationship, so I left him. I returned only when he promised to quit drinking and get therapy. He has already reneged on the therapy, and today when we went shopping, we walked by the beer aisle and I looked at one beer I wanted to try, but when he also started looking at brands of beer, I felt very upset. Was this rational, or is this a double standard on my part? double standardとは平たく言うとどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 October 16th ‘10 I was busy today. As soon as I got up morning, I went to do rice-cake making. As a mallet of today was bigger than I had used ones of past, my arm パンパンになった。 And it was fine, I was tired a lot. After rice-cake making, I had to put a TV board together. But I had just bought some parts for that. When I got a call from the shop buying the TV, I was not easy a little. But I had a promise with my friends to go out to drink, I gave up it and did it. We met in grilled meet restaurant. We bought a 50percent off ticket of this restaurant with an internet. It was great and we would be full. As the TV will come to my house yester morning, I had better go to sleep early. It is almost 2 o’clock.

• 英語の文型について教えてください

everyone thought it very careless of you to forget to lock the door when you went out. この文章は think O C の形だと思うのですが of you to forget to lock the door when you went outがO very careless がC なのでしょうか?

• 英語質問

以下の文章を和訳して頂きたいです。 かなり困って居ます><宜しくお願いします。 (1)I had a sister who had diabetes.She died when she was 39. If she had lived a century ago, she would have been dead by the age of 14. Had she been born today, she probably would have lived a full life because gene therapy would soon be able to replace her defective ganes. My parents told me Andrea had diabetes when I was a high school student in California. And later, I learned Andrea would have the disease forever and would be taking shots every day of her life so she could live. I knew it was serious. Without insulin, Andrea's cells would die even though she had plenty of suger in her blood. Each day she would measure her suger level and them inject insulin into her thigh. (2)Time passed, and I went to Colorado Callege. Andrea went to the University of Southern California. I think that USC was a good choice for her. She went to classes, parties, and maintained her California blonde good looks. She graduated, married a lawyer-to-be, adopted a child because of repeated miscarriages due to her diabetes, and got divorced-a typical American story except for the diabetes. (3)Andrea, along with the rest of my family, remainded in California while I was moving about the country getting an education, as well as being a wife and mother of two children. I settled on the opposite side of the country in Buffalo, New York. (4)One day Andrea came to Buffalo. We soon learned she was going blind. She told us that only an operation would help her eyes. Her physicians did not hold out much hope because of her lifelong treatment with inslin; although it had saved her life, it had also caused malfunctioning in her circulatory system. Her eyes were only part of the problem; her entire cardiovascular system was compromised. The operation, in fact, would be dangerous. (5)My sister was adament. She had tired going to classes designed to help patients who were going blind. She said she would rather be dead than blind. She was going forward with the operation, which would be in a couple of weeks. (6)Andrea died on the operating table at the age of 39. It was cardiac arrest, not an uncommon fate for diabetics whose cardiovascular systems were compromised. She had visited me to say goodbye-except I did not know it.