• ベストアンサー

この文は堅苦しいでしょうか?

I recommend that she show more compassion to her coworkers. この文は間違っているでしょうか?それとも正しくて、でも堅苦しいでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Chicago243
  • ベストアンサー率38% (401/1043)
回答No.2

recommendは確かに堅苦しいです。 suggest ぐらいの方がいいとおもいます。 compassion to は compassion for の方がいいとお思うのですが

その他の回答 (1)

• May080
  • ベストアンサー率37% (159/422)
回答No.1

I recommend you ~というような文ならわかりますが、これは誰に薦めてるんですか?

関連するQ&A

• 中学校の英文法の問題です。

中学校の英文法の問題です。 (1)と同じような内容の文にするためには(2)の下線部はどうなるでしょうか? so~that...の文でfor her to speak..といった形は初めてなので、想像がつきません。 (1)She was too shocked to speak any more. (2)She was so shocked that________ ________ ________for her to speak any more. 宜しくお願いいたします。

• I think that という文

中2英語の、「I think that〜」という文についてです。2つ質問があります。 ・「I think that she went to the park.」という文。切るなら、「I think / that she went to the park.」か「I think that / she went to the park.」どちらでしょうか。 ・「私は〜だと思う」という文はよく使うと思いますが、例えばAかBどっちだと思う?という質問に対して「私はAだと思うよ」と答えるときにはthatは使わず「I think it's A.」と答えるのは何故ですか? たくさん質問をしてすみません。

• この推薦文に素晴らしい和訳を!

この推薦文に和訳をつけて提出します。 できるだけ誉めて書かれたように、素晴らしい和訳をどうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 It is with a great pleasure that l am writing this letter to recommend Ms.○○, a young Japanese pianist who is actually studying at the○○(スクール名),in my class. Ms,○○ is a very talented pianist、with a natural approach of the instrument and a strong technique. Her sensibility,her intelligence and her total engagement in music allow her to be at ease on any repertory. I highly recommend her and hope she will get all your attention.

• 日本文にしてください!

●●● are not going through,I was wondering If you could tell her that so that she does not think I am ignoring her! を日本文にしてください!

• 対話文です

次の対話文の[   ]に入れるのに最も適切なものを.ア~エの中から1つ選んでください (1)  Father: Can I take your picture. Tom? Tom : Sure. Father. But why? Father: I`ll show it to your grandmother when I see her tomorrow. [ ] Tom : Yes. of course. Say hello to her for me. ア Do you think it`s a good idea? イ Do you think she has a good idea? ウ Will you give me her picture? エ Will you take her picture? すみませんが.お願いいたします!

• 文の構成を教えてください。

In a family that size she found it hard to get her share of love and attention.この文の構成(SVO)を教えてください。Vはどこになるのでしょうか?thatがどこを受けているかよくわかりません。

• 意味を・・

"Did you see the way she ignored you? I'm sorry but that is no way to treat a man of your compassion." no way to treat a man of your compassion のところがよくわかりません・・

• 文の中からkeywordが探すを手伝ってください。

Mahalia Jackson Mahalia Jackson was born into a preacher's family in 1911, and she grew up in a riverfront shanty in New Orleans. She was motherless at five, working as a maid and loudness in her mid-teens. As a little girl, she would whisper to herself before she went to sleep, "someday the sun is going to shine down on me in some faraway place." In pursuit of that dream, Mahalia migrated to Chicago when she was still a teenager. She never expected to support herself by singing, and by the time I joined her, the hands she used so expressively in her performances had scrubbed floors, laundered and helped her earn a living as a hotel maid, factory worker, beautician and florist. But her remarkable voice brought her more and more invitations to sing-at funerals, in churches, at concerts. And, through her warm friendly personality and a life based on sound spiritual values and hard work, she eventually found her place in the sun. 1. It is stated in the passage that Mahalia ----. A) had no mother during her whole life B) lived in a fashionable house in New Orleans C) was orphaned when she wasn't even a teenager D) become a servant at the age of five E) grew up in a religious family 上記の文に対し、問1の答えはC)です。この文のどこにorphenedだと書いてあるのか教えてください。motherless ではないし、preacher's familyに born in するということから判断するのでしょうか?  お願いします。

• 英訳の文法を教えてください

彼女は私に箸を使うことを勧めてくれて、何て親切なんだろうと思いました。 I thought how kind of her to recommend me to utilize a chopsticks. I thought how kind of her to recommend me of utilizing a chopsticks. me 以降の繋ぎ方がわかりません どちらが正しいですか?それともどちらも間違えですか? ※それと、思いました、ではなく、考えるとことにした(思うことにした) みたいなフレーズは、I thoughtでなくどんな文を使えばいいでしょうか? 初心者です。よろしくお願いします。

• 友人からのメールの一文

アメリカ人の友人からのメールの一文ですが、ちょっと理解できないところがあるので、教えてください。 前後の文章がないとわかりにくいかもしれませんが、よろしくお願いします。 but...surprisingly, we went to do karaoke together one night last weekend. i was shocked that she agreed to do it with me...but i had to beg and plead for her to do it. ugh! このメールを送ってきたのは、アメリカ人の男性で、ここで書かれてる she というのは、私の友達です。 この男性も友達も結婚していて、お互い、恋愛関係はないと思うのですが、何度か2人で会ったみたいです。 友達からは、この後もメールが来ていますが、彼のことについては触れていません。