• ベストアンサー

stepsをどのように訳したらいいのかわかりません。

At length I thought I might return toward the stockade. He picked up the heavy lamp from the table and began to explore. Another flight of steps, and they emerged on the roof. ついに、私は防御柵の方へ戻ってもよいと思いました。彼はテーブルから重いランプを拾い調べ始めました。別の便、また、それらは屋根に出現しました。 添削お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

下の質問でNo.2の方がおっしゃっているように、前後がないので事情が不明です。このご質問ではI とheとthey の関係がよくわかりません。もしかするとこの3つの文はそれぞれ無関係の文章では? ということでそれぞれ別個に考えると 1.はまずまず。 2. 重いランプは「拾」ったのではなく「取り上げた」のでしょう。そしてそれを使ってあたりを探索し始めたということのように思います。 3. stepは「階段」です。「もひとつ階段を上ると彼らは屋根の上に出た」

menikon18
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (1)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.1

a flight of stepsで「一続きの階段」の意味です。 「もうひとつ階段を上がって、彼らは屋上に出た。」のような感じだと思います。

参考URL:
http://dic.yahoo.co.jp/bin/dsearch?index=02757300&p=flight&dtype=1&stype=0&dname=1na&pagenum=1
menikon18
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• この文章を訳せる方は果たして・・・

詩の1部抜粋です。どれが動詞だかなんだかわかりません。助けてください! For hence not callous to the mourner's pains through youth's gay prime and thornless paths I went: And when the darker day of life began, and I did roam, a thought-bewilderd man!

• 使役動詞~させたの使い方がいまいち分かりません

例えば、「息子がビートルズに興味をもつかな~と思ってCDを聞かせてみたら見事にハマッった。」 と言いたい時に I thought my son might like the betles, so I got him to listen their CD. And he liked a lot. でよいでしょうか?get toでいいのかletにすべきなのか分かりません。 ナチュラルな訳を教えて下さい。

• neo-Vulcan pursuitsの意味

In high school I had many problems with anger and self-control. I had been studying Zen Buddhism and karate, and I thought Japan would be the perfect place to reinvent myself. It could be that my pointy right ear draws me toward neo-Vulcan pursuits--I don’t know. という英文がありました。最後の行のneo-Vulcan pursuitsとは、どういう意味でしょうか? 先の尖った右耳というのも何を指しているのでしょうか? (スタートレックのミスタースポックみたいなもの?)

• rev up the diet

I've thought endlessly about what I'm going to wear, revved up the diet and exercise, imagined all sorts of ridiculously expensive restaurants he might invite me to, revved up the diet とはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、revvedのように過去形になったときに最後の子音が重なるのはどのような場合でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 訳をお願いします。

When I first saw the humorously entertaining phrase , I laughed - and also thought it impressively well made for a number of reasons - but when I thought about it later . I recalled having occasionally seen writing produced by bureaucrats that had been clearly "strange" and began to wonder if the Crime Prevention Association , rather than having come up with the humorous sign on purpose , hadn't perhaps simply created the phrase with a serious intent . 訳をお願いしたいのですが、and also thought it のところのitは主語?形式目的語?文の形がわかりませ。解説をお願いします。また、rather ~ hadn'tの文ではどういう意味になるのでしょう。説明をお願いします。宜しくお願いします。

• 【至急和訳お願いします!】

和訳お願いします!!! The day after the Nobel Prize was awards to Gore and theIPCC. I visited Hiroo Gakuen in Tokyo, a combined junior- and senior-high school, for the school's autumn festival --- this year themed "Earth's Happiness is Our Happiness." A friend whose daughter graduated from the school thought I might like to see what young people these days are thinking about enviromental issues. I was immediately struck by how Japan has changed. Tokyo, junior- and senior-high school students are studying dioxins, the ozone layer and "corporate social responsibility." When I first began teaching enviromental issues in Japan[in 1990], first-year university students would identify old men on bicycles and bad breath as pressing enviromental concerns.

• よろしくお願いします

I’ve known a guy as a friend for a few years, and we see each other every few months and catch up. I recently found myself single at the same time he was and I thought he might be interested in me. We’ve both began communicating with each other more than usual. However, it’s always about our cats. We make plans to do things where there will be cats, visit with each other’s cats, message each other cat memes and updates about our cats, and even plan “cat dates” for our cats to hang. We make plans to do things where there will be catsの訳とwhereの文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願いします!!

I have been having great difficulty getting to sleep lately. Last night I thought it would help if I went to bed a little earlier than usual, so at ten o'clock I lay down, closed my eyes, and began counting sheep. の訳を教えてください!! 私は最近寝付くのにとても苦労しています。昨晩、もしいつもより少し早く私が寝たならば、私はそれが助けると思いました。だから、10時に私は横になり、目を閉じて羊を数え始めました。

• 教えてください

I thought I might as well go inside and see if my grandmother had come home, or if Dan had persuaded her to kick up her heels—such as she was willing—at the cast party. 英文の訳とsuch as she was willing の文法を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳の問題で質問です。

大学の入試問題なのですが、解答速報などがないため質問させてください。 2つ和訳の問題があり、 1:The market works, and pollution is reduced , but without the spirit of shared sacrifice that might have been produced had no market intervened. 2:Still, everyone likes economic growth these days, and the trend is ,if anything , toward increasing reliance on what I have called the "old paradigm" rather than toward a more complex account of what societies should be trying to achieve for their people. これらの文はどのように訳すとよいのでしょうか? 前後がないためわかりにくいところもあるかもしれませんがお願いします。