• ベストアンサー

フェロモンの論文中の文章

鎮静フェロモンに関しての論文を読んでいてどうしても理解できないところがあったので教えてください。 The appeasing pheromone, from the mammary region of the queen, has also been identified. この論文では主に犬猫のフェロモンに関してかかれているのですが、突然文中にqueenが出てきています。 多分、女王蜂なのですが、mammary・・・のところが、乳腺部となってしまうとおかしいですよね。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

この文章ですね。 The appeasing pheromone, from the mammary region of the queen, has also been identified, but there are currently no published studies on its application in any context. 鎮静フェロモンは、雌猫の乳腺部からも特定されたが、現在、どのような機序で作用するのかという研究は発表されていない。

hanatarekozo
質問者

お礼

とても参考になりました。ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.3

No.2です。Queenには確かに 「特に育種のために飼育されている雌の親猫」という意味がありましたね。(ランダムハウス)

hanatarekozo
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。ようやくつながりました。

回答No.2

確かに乳腺部からというのは、おかしいですが、女王物質(queen substance)は女王バチの大顎腺から分泌されるので、それを誤ってか、あるいは誤りと分かっていても「乳腺部」としたのかもしれません。alsoをどう解釈してよいのか、前後の文章があれば分かると思います。  それとも、女王蜂も又鎮静フェロモンを出すのでしょうか?

hanatarekozo
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 女王蜂の大顎腺のフェロモンは知っていたのですが、それだと鎮静というよりは、働き蜂の性抑制にかかわるし、場所も違う・・・でも、フェロモン出してるので、もしかしたら知らないだけで胸部からフェロモンが・・・???と、どつぼにはまっておりました。 皆様の回答でようやくすっきりしました。 本当にありがとうございました。

• Riverview
  • ベストアンサー率63% (227/355)
回答No.1

犬と猫のフェロモンの論文で、いきなり女王蜂ですか。おっしゃる通り、女王蜂に乳腺部は変だと思います。Queenが「雌猫」であれば、意味が通じるのではないでしょうか。 American Heritageにはこうあります。 5. A mature female cat, especially one kept for breeding purposes

hanatarekozo
質問者

お礼

ようやく、文章のつながりがわかりました。とても参考になりました。ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 適切な日本語訳→appeasines教えてください

論文中に出てきた単語です。論文の内容としては犬猫のフェロモンに関してです。犬の乳房から出る鎮静フェロモンの一種で、appeasinesといわれるものがあるようですが、この単語はどのような訳が適切なのかが不明です。 鎮静っぽいイメージなのですが、適切な単語が思い当たりません。 ご意見をお聞かせください。 The pheromones are called the appeasines and, in the dog, are identical to those produced from the ear of some mature animals. よろしくお願いします。

• 数学の論文の英訳について

原文をそのまま掲載することはできないのですが、数学の論文で It has been conjectured that A satisfies the B . The restricted case of B for C follows from the fact that D. となっていた場合、 The restricted case of B for C は the fact that Dによって予想されているという意味でしょうか? それとも証明されているという意味でしょうか? ここで A:ある集合 B:ある性質 C:Aに真に含まれるある集合を決定するある性質 D:ある定理 です。 お手数ですがご回答よろしくお願い致します。

• 生物 論文の和訳

下記を和訳してください 1)We are much indebted to Dr.Jerry Donohue for constans advise and criticism,especially on inter-atomic distances.We have also been stimulated by a knowledge of the general nature of the unpublished experimental results and ideas of Dr.M.H.F.Wilkins,Dr.R.E.Franklin and their co-workers at King's College,London.One of us (J.D.W.) has been aided by a fellowship from the National Foundstion for Infantiele Paralysis.

• 論文の和訳をお願いします!

まず、本文です! 1)With respect to mammalian systems, only two SNARE complexes have been described for ER-derived vesicles that fuse with the cis Golgi. 2)In one, Sec22b was the v-SNARE and syntaxin5, membrin and rBet1 were the t-SNAREs in NRK cells. 3)In the other, also using NRK cells, Ykt6 was the v-SNARE with syntaxin5, GOS28, and rBet1 as the t-SNAREs. 4)Both Ykt6 and Sec22b have been shown to have similar N-termini. 5)Because of their N-terminal extensions to the coiled-coil domains of the synaptobrevin-like SNARE motif of most v-SNAREs, these SNAREs have been called longins. 6)VAMP7, an additional member of the longin family (TI-VAMP, SYBL1), has not been described as an ER-related SNARE, but has been shown to be predominately associated with endosomes in mammals. 7)VAMP7 and Sec22b have both been shown to have a widespread tissue distribution whereas Ykt6 is predominantly found in brain in a lysosome-related compartment . 僕が今読んでいる論文はVessicle-associated membrane protein7(VAMP7) is expressed in intestinal ERという論文の一部です 1文目ですが、ERは小胞体のことで、小胞体由来の小胞がシスゴルジ体に輸送されると書かれていると思います。 2文目のNRKは通常ラット腎臓のことだと思います。 特に5文目からわかりません・・synaptobrevin-like SNARE motifや、longinsなど・・。

• 以下のいくつかの英文の意味がとれずに困っています。発光素子の論文です。

以下のいくつかの英文の意味がとれずに困っています。発光素子の論文です。論文全体としては、錯体にいろいろな側基をつけたものを発光層にして影響を比較するという内容のようです。 すみませんが、どれかひとつでもいいので手助けお願いします。 ・However, it has been shown that the stability of LECs can be increased by operating a device with a pulsed scheme. ・The responce time is also governed by the distance the ions have to move from the electrolyte into the simiconducting polymer. ・The power efficiency in this operation mode was not measured since it is a function of the frequency of the pulsed votage. ・Consequently, such devices show instantaneous light when started from the fresh or discharged state, where the counterions are completely relaxed. ・With a constant current, the voltage is adjusted automatically to achieve the set current flow. ・It is important to note that these response times have been measured on devices that were fresh or fully discharged.

• 化学論文の日本語訳

次の英文の日本語訳ができません。ある論文の一文なんですがとにかく一文が長いので、どのように訳したらいいかわかりません。どなたかアドバイスお願いします。 It has been noted that almost all salicylideneanilines and its derivatives have photochromic and thermochromic properties induced by an intramolecular proton transfer from the hydroxyl oxygen to the imine nitrogen through the hydrogen bond in solution and in the said state at various temperatures. salicylideneanilines~サリチリデンアニリン photochromic and thermochromic properties~光互変性・熱変色性物質 intramolecular proton~分子内プロトン

• この文章の和訳をお願いします。

For the cases where |b_i~| is smaller than about 5.7, a particle with δ*=0 can enter the Hill sphere. The same as for the case e_i~=0, a particle which enters the Hill sphere revolves around the planet and after the complicated motion it escapes from the Hill sphere. As a result of this, the particle has quite different osculating orbital elements at the final stage from the initial. At the same time, a particle sometimes happens to be able to collide with the planet during the revolution. As |b_i~| decreases, the region of δ*, with which a particle experiences a large angle scattering or a direct collision, propagate on both sides around δ*=0 as seen from Fig.7. We can also see from this that the region of |b_i~| where a particle is largely scattered or collides with the planet, is shifted outward (i.e., to the side of large values of |b_i~| in comparison with that for the case e_i~=0). This is due to the fact that a particle has a finite eccentricity in this case and it can come close to the Hill sphere near the perigee point even if the impact parameter |b_i~| is relatively large. Fig.7. The change of the eccentricity ⊿e~ versus the parameter δ*, for particle orbits with various values of b_i~ and with e_i~=4. As b_i~ decreases from 6.0 to 2.0, the regions where a large scattering occurs spread to both sides of δ*=0. For b_i~=1, particles return half way to an opposite side of b_i~=0, conserving the initial eccentricity. 長文になりますが、どうかよろしくお願いします。

• as has…の先行詞は何なのでしょうか?

John Barry's "Theme from The Dove", a 1974 release starring Joseph Bottoms as a man who sails solo around the world in search of self-knowledge and understanding has also been included, as has the Oscar-nominated "Under the Sea". The latter was written by Alan Menken and the late Howard Ashman for the 1989 animated Disney feature The Little Mermaid. この文は、映画曲集のCDの解説文なのですが、英語にわからないところがあるので質問してみます。 文中のas has…は、"as is often the case with…"などに使われる関係代名詞のasだと思うのですが、この文の場合は何が先行詞なのでしょうか。文はおおよそ「『ダヴのテーマ』とともに『アンダー・ザ・シー』もこのCDに収録されている」ということを言っているんだと思うのですが、前文全体を先行詞としても意味が取れないんです。asの先行詞と、その部分がどういう意味になるかを教えてください。

• 英文の和訳

even in colder climates and more puritanical societies it has generally been true that the more clothes someone has on, the higher his or her status. this principle can be observed in medieval and renaissance art, where peasants wear relatively few garments, while kings and queens (including the king and queen of heaven) are burdened with layers of gowns and robes and mantles, even in indoor scenes. the recent fashion for "layered" clothes may be related, as is sometimes claimed, to the energy shortage; it is also a fine way of displaying a large wardrobe. 訳が分かるかたお願いします 特にわかりにくいのは (including the king and queen of heaven) と it is also a fine way of displaying a large wardrobe. の部分です。

• 高校2年の英語の教科書の文章です

高校2年の教科書の文章です。原典は、John Bowlbyの「Maternal care and mental health」です。 http://whqlibdoc.who.int/bulletin/1951/Vol3/Vol3-No3/bulletin_1951_3(3)_415-533.pdf の419ページあたりです。 The attachment of children to parents who by all ordinary standards are very bad is a never-ceasing source of wonder to those who seek to help them. Even when they are with kindly foster parents these children feel their roots to be in the homes where, perhaps, they have been neglectec and ill-treated, and keenly resent criticisms directed against their parents. Efforts made to 'save' the child from his bad surroundings and to give him new standards are commonly of no avail since it is his own parents who, for good or ill, he values and with whom he is identified. (This is a fact of critical importance when considering how best to help children who are living in intolerable home conditions). These sentiments are not surprising when it is remembered that, despite much neglect, one or other parent has almost always and in countless ways been kind to him from the day of his birth onwards, and, however much the outsider sees to criticize, the child sees much to be grateful for. At least his parents have cared for him after a fashion all his life, and not until someone else has shown herself equally or more dependable has he reason to trust her. 4番目の文章までは、大体「どのような環境で育っても、子供にとって実の親への愛情が あるので、悪い環境から子供を救おうとしても無駄だ」という意味だろうと思います。 5番目の文章から構文が判りません。 1) Theseはなにをさしているのでしょうか。前文でしたら、( )内でThis で受けているので、 Thisになるのではないでしょうか。 2) surprising は他動詞なのに目的語が見当たりません。 3) 前文までは、生みの親に無視されて育った子供の話ですが、急に生まれたときから 可愛がってきた親の話に変わっていて、つながりがよくわかりません。 4) despite much neglectとparent has been kind to him from the day of his birth onwards  の関係がわかりません。 6番目の文章も構文が判りません。 5) all his life の名詞句の位置づけがわかりません(S,O,C)。 6) herself はなにを指しているのでしょうか。 7) 最後の has he reason to trust her がまるでわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。