• ベストアンサー

読み方(発音)を教えてください

次の文中の※印のあとの読み方(発音)を教えてください。 ■ Its vast territory extends 590km from north to south, from※ 27 01"N to 3218"N latitude, and 272km east to west, from※ 1 2824"E to 13112E longitude. ■ This island boasts Kyushu 's two highest peaks:※ 1,936m high Mt. Miyanoura and 1,886m high Mt. Nagata , earning Yakushima the title "the floating Alps . (1,936m high の m の読み方は、meter でしょうか、それともmeters でしょうか。) http://www.pref.kagoshima.jp/home/english/profile/gaiyou/data_geo.html ■・・・・Circular island located at ※30 o 28' N and 130 o 30' E ・・・・・ http://www.pref.kagoshima.jp/home/english/profile/gaiyou/heritage_yaku.html

noname#18526
noname#18526
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • v3k1n4
  • ベストアンサー率29% (10/34)
回答No.2

最初の例文の「”」は「’」の間違いと思います。 27°01'Nは27degrees(and)1minute northです。同じように、32°18'N、128°24'E、131°12'Eも、degreesとminutesです。ちなみにminuteの下の単位がsecondで「”」で表示されます。 それぞれ1minute=1/60degrees、1second=1/60minutesです。 meterは1以外はやはり複数で、metersです。(たしか0もmetersだったと思います。)

その他の回答 (2)

• nisho
  • ベストアンサー率60% (6/10)
回答No.3

1936m high Mt. Miyanouraの部分は、「1936m high」がまとめて形容詞のように使われているので、「s」はつけないのではないのでしょうか? 7-year old girl four-day trip のように…。

noname#18526
質問者

お礼

私も、未だ自信ありません。 別のトピで尋ねてみます。

• tadaoyagi
  • ベストアンサー率26% (86/322)
回答No.1

■27 01"N to 32 18"Nは、恐らく度表示に返還されたものだと思われますので、twenty-seven point one degrees north to thirty-two point one eight degrees north ではないでしょうか ■1,936m highは、one thousand nine hundred thirty-six meters highだと思います。 ■30 o 28'N and 130 o 30'Eは、thirty degree and twenty-eight arc-minutes north and one hundred thirty degrees and thirty arc-minutes eastではないでしょうか。 (自身ありません・・・スミマセン) 【為参考】 分 ;《角度》 arc-minute〔角度の何度、何分、何秒の「分」。ISO 31では何分・何秒を使わずに、度だけの使用を推奨(例:5゜30'45" を使わず 5 + 0.5 + 0.75 x 1/60 = 5.5125゜と表示)。◆〈略〉arcmin〕

関連するQ&A

• UNICORN英語II  Lesson7  「イースター島の教訓」についての英文の質問

Easter Island is one of the most remote, inhabited places on earth. Only 22 kilometers long and 11 kilometers wide, it lies in the Pacific Ocean, 3,200 kilometers from South America and 2,000 kilometers from the nearest inhabited island. The first Europeans arrived on Easter Sunday 1722. They were amazed to find over 600 huge stone statues, many over six meters high, here and there across the island. The islanders told them they did not know who had built the huge statues. Easter Island therefore became famous as a 'mystery' island and several theories were introduced to explain its history. この英文を次のように訳しました。 『イースター島は地球上で最も遠く離れた人が住んでいる場所の一つだ。長さはたったの22kmで幅11km、南アメリカから3200km、最も近い人が住んでいる島から2000kmで太平洋に位置している。 最初のヨーロッパ人は1722年のイースターサンデーにやって来た。(They were.....the island. までの訳し方が分からないので教えてください。お願いします。)島民達は最初のヨーロッパ人に誰が巨大な像を建てたのかわからないと告げた。従って、イースター島は謎の島として有名になり7つの説がイースター島の歴史を説明するために紹介された。』 この訳で誤訳があれば訂正し、正しい訳を教えてください。 ご迷惑だと思いますがよろしくお願いします。

• 英文翻訳をお願いします。

The town and the fertile surrounding areas strongly favoured defence; Gaza being located on a plateau 200 feet (61 m) high which is separated from the Mediterranean Sea by about 2 miles (3.2 km) of sand hills to the west. To the north, west, and south, orchards surrounded by impenetrable prickly pear hedges extended out for some 3–4 miles (4.8–6.4 km) from the town. With the exception of the ridge extending southwards, which culminated in the dominating 300 feet (91 m) high Ali Muntar, the area of orchards stretched from the high plateau down into a hollow. In addition to these natural defences, the Ottoman Army constructed trenches and redoubts that extended from the south west of the town virtually all the way round the town, except for a gap to the north east. In the process they incorporated Ali Muntar into the town entrenchments by building additional defences on the ridge to the south of the town.

• この英文を書いたのは同一人物でしょうか

下記の2つの文章を書いたのは、同一人物だと思いますか? 【A】 Hi. I'm an Australian guy interested in doing a language exchange as I'm planning a trip to Japan next year. I'm really interested in Japanese culture and it would be great if we could meet up for a chat over coffee. I have some experience teaching English (I taught at a private school for a couple of years while abroad in Poland) so I can help you with your English if you like. I'm also interested in music, art, movies, books & graphic novels (and Japanese manga!). Look forward to hearing from you! 【B】 Hi. I'm an Australian guy looking for a Japanese language exchange partner. I'm really interested in Japanese culture and I'm planning to travel there later this year so it would be cool to learn some Japanese and make some Japanese friends. I worked overseas as an English teacher for a couple of years so I'd be happy to help you improve your English. Hope we can help each other out and have fun! Look forward to hearing from you!

• 明日までに暗記です。全発音をカタカナで教えて下さい

One day, a hungry fox was walking in the forest. His stomach grumbled as he looked for something to eat. Finally, he saw a bunch of ripe, juicy grapes hanging from a high vine. The fox looked at the round, perfect grapes and drool began to drip and splash as he thought how delicious they would be. the fox tried to reach the grapes but they were too high. He would have to jump. the fox sprang into the air and snapped at the grapes but he missed.Next,he took a running leap,but missed again and thumped down to the ground with no grapes. Again and again ,he jumped but the fox just could not reach the grapes.Finally, he sat ,huffing and puffing and looked at the high grapes one last time.「Bah!Look at those old,wrinkled grapes. They are probably sour anyway. Why am I wasting my time trying to get them? said the Fox. In the end, the fox went home still hungry,listening to his empty stomach growl all the way. ワンデイ ア ハングリー フォックス・・・・。

• 訳してください。女性から出合い系です。

Hi dear, am Vera Benson your profile is interesting and i will like to hook with you, If you don't mail to (*******@yahoo.co.uk) see there!!! Love from me Vera Benson. ( *******@yahoo.co.uk )

• 読み方を教えてください

http://www.kissling.de/english/prod_e/01_R_e/R_03_e.html "Current from 200A to 300A" の読みを教えてください。 特に、A は、ampere ですが、複数になりますか。 お願いします。

• 英語で言うと、どれが適切ですか?

英語で「明日から英語で日記を書いてみようかな」というようなニュアンスを表す時、下記の英文のどれを使うか迷っています。 下記の英文の中で、適切で自然な言い方はどれですか? あと、おかしい箇所があれば教えていただけると嬉しいです! (1)I'll try to write a diary in English from tomorrow. (2)I think try to write a diary in English from tomorrow. (3)I'm going to try writing a diary entry in English from tomorrow.

• 日本語文字の抽出について

SELECT * FROM pref WHERE pref_name='東京都'; としてもレコードが返ってきません。(レコード数が0になります。) 次にsubstringを用いて SELECT * FROM pref WHERE substring(pref_name) = '東京都'; としましたが、こちらでは下記のエラーになってしまいます。 何かよい方法はありませんんでしょうか? ERROR: function pg_catalog.substring(text) does not exist HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to add explicit type casts.

• どのように書き換えたらいいのでしょうか。

どのように書き換えたらいいのでしょうか。 Welcomeの語源を書かないといけないのですが『Old English wilcuma "welcome!" exclamation of kindly greeting, from earlier wilcuma (n.) "welcome guest," literally "one whose coming suits another's will or wish," from willa "pleasure, desire, choice" (see will (n.)) + cuma "guest," related to cuman (see come). Similar formation in Old High German willicomo, Middle Dutch wellecome. Meaning "entertainment or public reception as a greeting" is recorded from 1530. The adjective is from Old English wilcuma. You're welcome as a formulaic response to thank you is attested from 1907. Welcome mat is from 1908; welcome wagon is attested from 1940.』これをどのように書き換え説明すれば良いのでしょうか、よろしくお願い致します。

• 微分方程式

参考書の解説一部抜粋 dy/dt=mx-ny (m,nは定数) にx=ze^(-mt)を代入し積分すれば、 y=z{m/(m-n)}{e^(-nt)-e^(-mt)} わかりません。おそらく、変数分離を用いたと思いますが詳しい途中式をお願いします。