• ベストアンサー

熟語の問題

わからない箇所があるので質問させてください。()の中ともっとも近い意味を持つものを選ぶ問題です。 (1)We have (gone into)this before. I am sure there is no problem. 1.solved 2.investigated 3.replied to 4.proceeded to いまいちこの場面がどういう状況か分からないのですが・・・go into で熟語を調べても私の辞書ではこれらに適する意味はないのです。 (2)Peter had to (go through)a lot to achieve his goals. 1.reject 2.accept 3.suffer 4.remove [go through]で「通り抜ける」と「受ける、経験する」の意味があると辞書に出ているのですが、この場合acceptを「苦痛や困難」を「受ける」という意味に使えるのでしょうか??? (3)I had some problems when I first got there, but Micheal(went out of his way)to help me. 1.lost his way 2.devoted himself 3.made a sppecial effort 4.was of musc service 私は3だと思うのですが、4の意味とこの使い方がよく分からないのでひっかかります・・・ (4)The new president was (look upon)as an enlightened leader. 1.respected 2.stared at 3.welcomed 4.despised [look upon as]で「~とみなす」ですよね? 1~4の中にそういう意味で使うものはあるのでしょうか・・・?

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • enna2005
  • ベストアンサー率40% (333/819)
回答No.2

1:investigate go into~ で、~を詳しく調べる、なので。 2:suffer go through ただ通り抜ける、と言う意味もありますが、苦しみや苦難を受ける、と言う意味もあるので 苦しむ=suffer 3:3番の答えで合ってると思います。 4番の意味は私もわかりません。muscって何でしょうね。 4: respected 新しい社長(大統領)は見識ある指導者として~~~。文脈から”尊敬される”存在であることがわかる look down は(人を)見下す look up (upon)はその反対で、見上げる=尊敬 と考えられると思います。 全て辞書に通常載っていることですが・・・・ あと単語や熟語だけ個別視せず文脈も含めて考えると良いですよ。

lapin_jaune
質問者

お礼

muscはスペルミスなんでしょうかね? でも問題文はこうなっているんです・・・ look up で尊敬は知っていて、すぐにrespectだと思ったのですが、一応調べてみたらlook up は載っていてもlook uponでも可とははっきり書いていないんですよね。でもupもuponもほぼ同じで、文脈から考えたらやっぱりrespectですよね! アドバイスありがとうございます。がんばります!

その他の回答 (2)

• tadaoyagi
  • ベストアンサー率26% (86/322)
回答No.3

皆さんの回答で全て正しいと思います。 (3)の4.was of musc serviceは、"misc(=miscellaneous)"の間違いだと思いますよ!

lapin_jaune
質問者

お礼

misc(=miscellaneous)ですか~、そうかもしれません!ありがとうございます。

noname#62864
noname#62864
回答No.1

(1)2.investigated (2)3.suffer (3)3.made a sppecial effort のようになると思います。(1)は「中に入り込んで調べる」というニュアンスだと思います。 (4)は少し迷いますが、an enlightened leaderと見なされるということは、尊敬されていると言う意味になると思いますので、1.respectedが適当なように思います。

lapin_jaune
質問者

お礼

「見なされる」という意味のものを選択肢から探すのではなく、大きな意味で捉えたら良いのですね。 ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• lost his way

I thought my husband and I had a great marriage -- until I looked on his phone and found text messages to another woman. I was crushed. I asked him about it, and he said that it was nothing and that there were only a few messages. When I checked our cellphone details, I was completely devastated to find that it had been going on for almost a year and there were almost 2,000 text messages during the past six months. When I talked to him about this and all the lies he had told me, he said he had lost his way and he was sorry and didn't want to lose me. lost his wayはここではどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• stay on top of his job

Two years ago, my husband’s personality drastically changed overnight. Months later, after showing him one of your columns, I convinced him to see a doctor. It turns out he had a minor stroke at the age of 40. He did not notice the change; however, I was concerned because his short-term memory was very limited, common sense was gone, and he was no longer affectionate or attentive with me. The first year was really hard, I helped him stay on top of his job, and I wrote extensive notes so he wouldn’t forget to feed our kids or forget to drop them off at day care on his way into work. stay on top of his jobはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、on his way into workはon his way to workと言っても同じことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語の空欄補充問題です

John's mother wanted to go shopping,so she asked him() his little brother while she was out. 1 if he looked after 2 he would look after 3 looking after 4 to look after I like his new house,but I hadn't expected it ()so small 1 be 2 of being 3 to be 4 to being どうしても分かりません 回答お願いします!

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) I was drinking coffee in the cafeteria when I realized something was wrong. No sonner had I smelled smoke than I heard a fire alarm go off. I hurried toward the entrance. As I got to the gift shop. I saw a lot of people running out of the lobby. Just before I turned to the left there to go the entrance, I heard a woman crying for help. The voice seemed to be coming from the lab. The corridor was already full of smoke, so I crouched down and groped through the blackness. I went into the lab, but no one was there. Then I heard the woman cry out again, so I left the lab and went tower the Women's Center. There Mrs.Robinson was, sitting in front of the door to the center. I took her by the hand and we headed for the entrance. On the way there, I looked back at the Medical Records Dept. and saw flames shooting out of the door. Later I found out that the fire had started there.

• willの用法

英英辞書にこのような例文がありました。 The holiday was great, but in a way I'll be glad to go back to work. ”休日は良かった、でもある意味では仕事に戻れて嬉しい。”みたいなことを言っていますよね? でもこのwillは何の用法でしょうか?

• この一文を和訳してください><

I didn't let the pause last, not upon seeing the look that momentarily passed on his face. Nerves kicked in, despite the burn in his chest telling him to take it easy, he was compelled to talk. どういう意味なのでしょうか、私にはさっぱり理解できませんでした、 どなたか和訳してくださいませんか??

• ~するや否や、~した途端、~して初めて、英文形

同じような意味の文に対して、次のような6つの文が考えられます。 少しづつニュアンスが違うと思うのですが、どのような時にどの文を 使うかお教えください。 1. It happened that he was out when I visited him.  たまたま外出中だった。 2. Just as I was going to pick up the receiver, the telephone rang.  受話器を取り上げようとした途端 (まだ取り上げていない) 3. I was about to go out when the telephone rang.  出かけようとした途端 (まだ出かけていない)  代案)Just as I was going to go out, the telephone rang. 4. No sooner had I left home than it began to rain.  家を出るや否や、(すでに出てしまっている) 5. I had hardly arrived there when the concert began.  会場に着くか、着かないうちに(既に着いている)  代案)No sooner had I arrived there than the concert began. 6. It was not until I came home that I noticed I had left my umbrella on the train.   家に帰って初めて、気が付ついた。  ここまで書いてきて、1、2と3、4と5、6の4つのグループに 分かれているような気がしてきました。間違っているかもしれませんよろしくお願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

There was a line of like 30 people for the men's room and a 5 year old who clearly was about to pee his pants. Mom was insisting he come to the ladies room with her but he wasn't having it. I said "want me to walk him in?" And I took him by the shoulder and started shoving through and he says "I really have to go!" So I picked him up by the armpits and yelled "coming through" and these 30 drunken hockey fans parted like the red Sea. By the time I got to the urinal the kid already had his dick out and was immediately peeing. I had no idea what to do at this point so I just held him there until he was done and shook him up and down when he finished. He lifted his pants, I swung him over to the sink, then set him down and we walked out. shook him up and downとswung him over to the sink, then set him downの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 熟語のgo intoとgo over

辞書を見たら熟語のgo intoとgo overはどちらも「~をよく調べる、調査する」と、似たような意味がでてるんですけど、この2つはどう違うんですか?

• 日本語にしてください。

日本語にしてください。 よろしくお願いします。 In today's class, I learned everyone had his or her opinions. I thought each one was right and it was very important to exchange our own opinions through discussion. Different opinions helped me to find a new way of thinking.