Nick's Last Day at School: What Comes Next?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Yesterday was Nick's last day at school and he is faced with the decision of what to do next: stay at school, go to college, or get a job?
  • In the UK, it is a tradition for everyone to write messages on the schoolwear of the person leaving. Nick came home with his shirt covered in messages from his friends. What is the custom for children leaving school in Japan?
  • Could you please explain the customs for children leaving school in Japan? Is it similar to a graduation ceremony?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳教えてください(T.T)

Yesterday was Nick' last day at school, he is not sure what to do next, stay at school, go to college or get a job? 昨日 学校最後の日でニックは次は何をするかわからないけど学校で泊まったした。 大学か仕事をみつけるのか? In UK it is tradition that on last day everyone writes on your schoolwear so he came home with his shirt covered in messages from his friends, maybe strange for you to understand. What is custom for children when they leave school in Japan? UKでは伝統です 最後の日誰もが制服にメッセージを書く 彼のシャツと帽子をかぶり、彼は彼の友達と一緒に帰宅した。(卒業式??) たぶんあなたには変な理解に(あなたにとってこの伝統は変なのと思うけど?) 日本では学校を去るとき子供達にはどんな習慣がありますか? これは卒業式のことですか?? お願いします

noname#87517
noname#87517
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • foolboy
  • ベストアンサー率23% (34/146)
回答No.1

まずは上の文から。 「昨日はニックにとって学校最後の日でした。彼は次に何をするべきかわかりませんでした。学校に残るか、大学へ進むか、それとも仕事に就くか。」 次は下の文。 「イギリスでは学校最後の日にみんなが学校の制服にメッセージを書くということが伝統です。だから、その日はみんな友達からのメッセージで埋め尽くされた制服で帰ってきます。おそらくあなたにとって理解しがたいものでしょう。日本ではどのような伝統がありますか?」 おそらくこれは卒業式だと思います。

noname#87517
質問者

お礼

おはようございます。 理解できました。 UKの伝統は別に特殊ではないですね。 日本の方が特殊ですね。 中学の卒業式なんかでは女の子が好きな男の子の第二ボタンをもらうので。 回答ありがとうございました

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をよろしくお願いします! The voyage was hard. He had many windless days when his boat did not move at all. Sometimes he fell ill and was filled with worries. He was all alone on the ocean. There was no one to tell him what to do. But he got over the difficulties and, 94 days later, he arrived in San Francisco.

• 和訳を御願いします。

和訳を御願いします。 Ichiro has landed on the disabled list just once in his decade at Seattle. Last year after winning the World Baseball Classic, he started the season on the 15-day DL?with an ulcer. the 15-day DL?with an ulcerの箇所が特に訳しにくいです

• 和訳をお願いいたします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の中盤部分になりますので、 内容が中途半端だと思いますが、 どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 He could not afford to be extravagant or loss his school things. There were younger brothers and sisters or cousins in the family, who attended the same school. Your future soul mate was a bright bony child, quick to learn and would have done well at school, though he lacked the staying power in the class room. He was eloquent. A good speaker and good liar. I think he went on to higher education. To college or university On of his school or educational establishments had an immense tall Corinthian pillars at the door.

• 和訳お願いします

He could have borne to live an ordinary life, but not to be forgotten in the grave. His great desire had changed to hope. and hope had at last become a certainty that, althought he now journeyed unnoticed, a glory would shine on his pathway-though not, perhaps,while he was travelling it.but the day would come when people would realize that a gifted one had passed through this life with none to recognize him.

• 和訳

Soseki received several replies to his ad. In July 1901,he moved into a boarding house run by two elderly women,Miss Leale and her sister. The sisters were sophisticated and the environment suited Soseki. He lived there about one and a half years until he left Britain. Soseki was fairly happy there,but his mind was troubled by many things. From the time Soseki first started studying English literature at university,he had been obsessed with one simple question: “What is literature?” He hadn’t yet found a clear answer―the purpose for his life. In Britain he hoped to find the answer. In reality,however,studying English literature as scholarship was a fairly new concept even in Britain. After six months of studying in Britain,he finally realized that he would have to create his own theories on literature. Ikeda kikunae’s logical way of thinking had inspired him. From then on,he avoided social life,spending most of his time alone reading books and thinking. Eventually,his closed lifestyle led to a mental breakdown. 以下の質問に英語で答えなさい。 1, What question was always on Soseki’s mind? 2, What inspired Soseki to create his own literary theories? 3, Why did Soseki suffer a mental breakdown? 和訳と問題よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳お願いします!!

和訳お願いします!!  Good manners and etiquette are important in our lives. Without them, our world becomes an uncomfortable place to live in. However, many people have little idea of what is the right thing to do or to say in some situations. After all, we get no formal education or training in manners or etiquette. Most of us learn our manners from family and friends while we are still children. Very often, the manners we learn when we are children become habits for the rest of our lives.  I have a friend whose name is Bill. He is an executive at an American company and recently came to Japan on business. While having dinner together, he told me about how his company had tried to find a top-level manager. After much searching and interviews by experts, the list of applicants for the job was narrowed to three persons. As the final test, they were invited to dinner in a famous restaurant. Judging from the ability and experience, the last person,Tom, seemed to be the best. However, he was not employed. During dinner, he made noise while having his soup. He kept talking when eating. And he used his finger to push the last small vegetable on his fork. Bill said, "Oh, poor Tom. What a pity!"  I told Bill that his company should have employed Tom and then trained him like in Japan and that many people in the world eat with their fingers. "Oh, really?" he answered. I was also thinking of telling Bill about a famous incident that took place about ten years ago. The U.S.President got sick at a formal dinner in Tokyo and dirtied the clothes of the person sitting beside him. I would have liked to ask Bill: if people with such bad manners can become President of America, then what is wrong when someone uses his finger to push the last green pea on his fork? However, I decided to keep my mouth shut. The reason? This would be a bad topic to talk about, especially when having dinner with a friend. よろしくお願いします 人´Д`*) * 和訳+αで、段落ごとに約50文字ぐらいで、要約してもらえると助かります (´∀`*)

• 並び替えと和訳教えてください

並び替えと和訳教えてください 1They stayed (all day / quietky / there). 2 He played ( at the Town Hall / last night / beautifully / in the concert). 3 We are going ( for a week / to Switzerland / on Sunday). よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします!

Barkley believes that what he does in his private life is his own business and should not be important to anyone else. I do not think it's your decision to make. お願いします(>_<)

• 和訳

Birthday(1915) The flying young man is Chagall himself,and the woman with a bouquet is Bella,Chagall’s fiancée. Of course,Chagall couldn’t fly in the air and his neck was not so long. These images are expressing his supreme joy. Chagall first met Bella during a trip to his hometown in 1909. It was love at first sight. Before he returned to St.Petersburg,they agreed to marry in the future. Bella was only 14 years old then. During his years in Paris,Chagall was gradually becoming famous. At last in 1914 he decided to return home for Bella. Years later,Bella told the story about the painting. I brought him some flowers for his birthday,but he had completely forgotten that it was his birthday. Suddenly he said,“Don’t move,”and he stared painting. Both our hearts were pounding. When he had finished,he said,We’ll call it “Birthday.” I’ll have finished a few more pictures of us before our wedding day. They got married about three weeks after the picture had been painted. 打ち間違いしていたらすいません。 お願いします。

• 和訳お願いします。

As their dinner goes on, my father tells of his plans for the future, and mother shows with expressive face how interested she is, and how impressed. My father becomes exultant, lifted up by the waltz that is being played, and his own future begins to intoxicate him. My father tells my mother that he is going to expand his business, for there is a great deal of money to be made. He wants to settle down. After all, he is twenty-nine, he has lived by himself since his thirteenth year, he is making more and more money, and he is envious of his friends when he visits them in the security of their homes, surrounded, it seems, by the calm domestic pleasures, and by delightful children, and then as the waltz reaches the moment when the dancers all swing madly,then, then with awful daring, then he asks my mother to marry him, although awlnvardly enough and puzzled as to how he had arrived at the question, and she, to make the whole business worse, begins to cry, and my father looks nervously about, not knowing at all what to do now, and my mother says, "It's all I've wanted from the first moment I saw you," sobbing, and he fin& all of this very difficult, scarcely to his taste, scarcely as he thought it would be, on his long walks over Brooklyn Bridge in the revery of a fine cigar, and it was then, at that point, that I stood up in the theatre and shouted: "Don't do it! It's not too late to change your minds, both of you. Nothing good will come of it, only remorse, hatred, scandal, and two children whose characters are monstrous." The whole audience turned to look at me, annoyed, the usher came hurrying down the aisle flashing his searchlight, and the old lad next to me tugged me down into my seat, saying: "Be quiet. You'll be put ou4 and you paid thirty-five cents'to come in." And so I shut my eyes becausex could not bear to see what was happening. I sat there quietly.