• ベストアンサー

Installment Sales Method

英文会計からです。 Pie Co. uses the installment sales method to recognize revenue, Customers pay the nstallments notes in 24 equally monthly amounts, which include 12% interest. What is an installment note's receivable balance 6 months after the sale? Answer is: The present value of the remaining monthly payments discounted at 12% これを数字で確かめると Note Receivable 200 Installment 180            D.N.R    20 25%受領 Cash    45  Note Receivable 50  D.N.R    5 残高は Note Receivable 150 Installment 135                D.N.R    15 となりaの75% of the original sales pricesが正解のような気がしますが、どなたかアドバイスをください。

• nada
  • お礼率57% (1387/2414)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数5

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

Gです。 こんにちは。 お久しぶりです。 これは、このSales priceにははじめから12%の利子が組み込んでありますね。 ですから、25%(6ヶ月)の支払いが終わった時点で、75%残っていることになりますね。 よって、receivable balanceはこの75%から残りの12%の利子を取ったものになり、これに毎月12%相当の利子がつきそれが1/24の毎月のInterest earnedになるわけです。 Early payoffがこのReceivableにEarly payoff charge等が契約にのっていればCharges earnedとしてRevenueにのるわけです。 ですから、このAnswerは正しいことになります。 これでいかがでしょうか。 分かりにくい点がありましたら、補足質問してください。 

nada
質問者

お礼

Gさん 本当にお久しぶりですね。手形発行時は額面ではなく、利息の現在価値を引いたものだから、25%受領とかでなく、発行時にThe present value of the remaining monthly payments discounted at 12%がわかるのですね。ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (3)

noname#11596
noname#11596
回答No.4

はじめまして、これは難しい問題です。 まず、intallment sales methodですが、これは、確か現金が回収されるまで、売り上げ計上してはいけないという会計処理方法でした。しかし、この場合、通常の売掛金形式ではなく、手形を受け取ってしまった。手形の現在価値ですが、この12%という金利なんですけど、通常取引では、妥当な金利です。金利が妥当な場合には、手形額面そのものが現在価値ということになりますよね。詳細まで説明できないのですが、割賦で売り上げた総額と、手形額面が一致していれば、後はいつ現金を回収したのか?が問題になり、現金回収の度に、売り上げを計上し、手形を落とす。また、このケースですと、手形の金利が12%なので、所謂利子率に妥当性がありますから、手形の現在価値は、installment salesで売った額と等しくなると考えます。そうすると、手形に対する、償却ということが考えられず、現金回収時に受取手形を取り崩していくという方法を取るのであると考えます。従って、受取手形に関しては、償却の必要が無い(金利の妥当性から)。また、通常のInstallment sales mehodで現金回収時に受取手形分を落とし、売り上げ計上すれば良いのではないでしょうか? 私も、昔、米国で会計を勉強したのですが、ここは特に複合型の会計処理で自信がありません。でもお役に立てればと思い書き込みました。

noname#11596
noname#11596
回答No.3

はじめまして、これは難しい問題です。 まず、intallment sales methodですが、これは、確か現金が回収されるまで、売り上げ計上してはいけないという会計処理方法でした。この場合、手形を受け取ってしまった。次に手形の価値ですが、この12%という金利なんですけど、通常取引では、妥当な金利です。妥当な金利が妥当な場合には、手形額面そのものが現在価値ということになりますよね。詳細まで説明できないのですが、割賦で売り上げた総額と、手形額面が一致していれば、後はいつ現金を回収したのか?が問題になり、現金回収の度に、売り上げを計上し、手形を落とす。また、このケースですと、手形の金利12%なので、所謂利子率に妥当性がありますから、手形の現在価値は、installment salesで売った額と等しくなると考えます。そうすると、手形に対する、償却ということが考えられず、現金回収時に取り崩していくという方法を取れに良くしかないと考えます。 私も、昔、米国会計を勉強したのですが、ここは特に自信がありません。でもお役に立てればと思い書き込みました。

nada
質問者

お礼

お礼が遅れてどうもすみません。本当は会計のスレで質問すべきですが、回答がないので英語のスレで質問させていただきました。本当に優秀な方が答えてくれるので助かります。本件は回答者の方からの回答をもとに自分で考えて理解できました。ありがとうございました。

• Riverview
  • ベストアンサー率63% (227/355)
回答No.2

「aの75% of the original sales prices」とありますが、これは選択問題ですか。もしそうなら、選択肢はどんな数字があるでしょうか。「77%」という答えはありませんか。 元利金等払の現在価値を求める一般式は下記のとおりです。 PV=a{(1+i)^(n-1)-1}/i(1+i)^n 当初販売価格の算定 a=200/24 i=1%(年利12%の月利) n=24(支払回数) PV(当初販売価格)=177.03 6ヵ月後(6回分の分割払を回収)の現在価値の算定 a=200/24 i=1%(年利12%の月利) n=18(残存支払回数) PV(6ヵ月後現在価値)=136.65 136.65/177.03=77.19% 「77% of the original sales prices」が正解だと推定します。

nada
質問者

お礼

どうもです。77%を選べというものはありません。自分なりにわかったのですが、75%というのはひっかけで Proceed-Discount on NRが手形の現在価値だと思います。だから、Proceedの中に金利分が含んでいるのではないでしょうか。

nada
質問者

補足

Present Value of the remaining monthly payments discounted by 12%が正解です。日本にはこういう概念がまだないからわかりずらいですね。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳で質問です

就業規則内給与計算事項について、下記英文の意味が取りずらいです。 たぶん現地語から英語に一度翻訳していると思うので、そこで瑕疵があるのだと思います。 However, if the Overtime Payment and Holiday Work Payment are not of constant character or the monthly average of the Overtime Payment and Holiday Work Payment over a period of twelve (12) months (or a shorter period of employment) immediately preceding the Specified Date (refers to the date of termination), for the purpose of calculating payments specified in Clause 17.3 is less than twenty per cent (20%) of his average Monthly Salary during the same period, the definition of Monthly Salary shall not include such Overtime Payment and Holiday Work Payment. 「are not constant character」の意味や、その語のor以下が非常にわかりずらいです。 最後の一文は簡単なんですけどね・・・ どなたか宜しくお願いします。

• 導関数の文章問題です(英文含む)

いつも大変お世話になっています。 導関数の文章問題なのですが、 途中まで解いたものの、何だかおかしくなり、 その先が進みません。 もしよろしかったらご教授頂けると幸いです。 ****問題**** A company manufactures and sells x tennis rackets per month. The monthly cost, and price-demand functions are : C(x) = 400 + 4x + 0.0001x^2 0<_(←棒線が<の下に入っています)0<_(←棒線が<の下に入っています)20000 p(x)=10-0.0004x 1 : Find point of max. Revenue 2 : How many rackets should the company manufacture each month to maximize the profit. What is the max. profit. 3 : What is the price of each racket that yield to max. profit. ****問題終わり**** 一応1の問題を、R(x)=P(x)-C(x)にしてからR ' (x)を計算してみたんですが、 xが-20002になってしまい、条件から外れてしまいました・・・。 どうぞよろしくお願い致します。

• undisturbedの意味を教えて下さい。

離婚した夫婦間で生活保護費の調整に関する記事を読んでいます。 大体の意味は分かっていますが「but left undisturbed the amount of the monthly child support」 にあるundisturbed the amount of the monthly child supportって何て訳しますか? 私のおおざっぱな訳もつけましたので私の解釈が間違ってれば指摘してください。 リサーチペーパーを書いているので意味を取り違えてペーパーを書くとマイナスなので皆さん、よろしくお願いいたします。 In a 1967 modification case filed by appellant, the jury reduced his alimony payments to $150 per month but left undisturbed the amount of the monthly child support. 1967年に上訴人により調整の要求がされ、陪審員は生活保護の支払いを減らし月々$150になったが。。。。養育費だけが残った。 Appellant no longer pays child support as the only child of the parties has reached the age of majority and is self supporting. 上訴人と前妻には、子供が1人いてすでに成年になり独立しているため上訴人はもうすでに養育費を払っていない。 Thus, the present action sought only to reduce the present alimony payments of $150 a month to the former wife who has not remarried and was in ill health and unemployed at the time of the trial court's consideration of the case. したがって、現在の上訴(action)は、前妻に支払う生活手当を一ヶ月あたり150ドルまで減らすという物である。予審法廷で審議している時点で再婚はしておらず、病気にあい失業していました、。

• 和訳お願いします!!

和訳お願いします!! Revenues(called "turnover" in British Commonwealth countries)represent the total value that a company receives in exchange for providing services or selling goods to customers. This "total value" can take two forms: cash,or the customer's promise to pay cash in the future. For this reason, a company's total revenue for a period is not necessarily equal to the total amount of cash received by the company during the period. On an income statement covering a year ending on December 31, for example, total revenue may include some sales made on credit in November or December but not collected in cash until January. If revenue is earned from the sale of goods to customers,it is called sales. If it is earned from providing services to customers, it is called fees earned. Some companies have both types of revenue. Chevron,for example,records sales from the sale of gasoline and tires, and fees earned from automobile maintenance and repairs. Other companies have only one type of revenue:sales in a grocery store,for example,or fees earned in a video rental store. Expenses are the costs incurred by a company in the process of generating its revenues. And like revenues,expenses are recorded whether they are paid in cash immediately,or taken on credit to be paid in the future. Acompany that pays its workers their salaries on the fifth of each month for work done during the past month would pay its workers on January 5 for work done in December,but it would record this"salary expense" in December. よろしくお願いします(>_<)

• 英語を教えて下さい。

(1)Many companies believe that their lack of knowledge about global markets is an insurmountable(__). (A)border (B)limit (C)barrier (D)access (2)Before buying a franchise,one must do athorough job of evaluating the(__). (A)opponent (B)opinion (C)opportunity (D)opposite (3)Technology (__) constantly changing. (A)since it is (B)is (C)that is (D)will have been (4)The mortgage payments are due at the (__) of each month. (A)beginning (B)middle (C)twentieth (D)final (5)There is no (__) way to begin the preparation of a business plan. (A)itself (B)alne (C)only (D)single 上記(1)~(5)に適切な語句を(A)~(D)の中から当てはめ、なおかつ日本語に訳せる方、教えて下さい。 お願いします。

• 中学生レベルの問題、数問教えてください(問題文は英語です)

以下の問題について、答えは分かっているのですが、過程がよく理解できませんでした。 分かるものだけでも結構ですので、できれば問題文の日本語訳つきで解説をお願いします。 1. What is the least possible integer for which 20 percent of that integer is greater than 1.2? (A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 4 (D) 6 (E) 7 (正解) 2. If y = 1 + (1 / x) and x > 1, then y could equal (A) 1 / 7 (B) 5 / 7 (C) 9 / 7 (正解) (D) 15 / 7 (E) 19 / 7 3. If the ratio of q to r is 4 to 5, which of the following could be true? (A) q = 0, r = 4/5 (B) q = 2, r = 5/2 (正解) (C) q = 5, r = 6 (D) q = 15, r = 12 (E) q = 16, r = 25

• 変圧器に関する英文の和訳

変圧器に関する英文の和訳を自分なりにしたのですが、どうもうまくいかず 納得のいくものが出来上がりませんでした。詳しい方どうかご教示お願いいたします。 本文) It is derived from the actual circuit shown in Fig. 2.1 by converting all secondary values to primary terms, and recognizing that the magnetizing current and induced voltage are then common to both windings. In the circuit, R1 and R2 represent the resistances. and X1 and X2 the leakage reactances of the primary and secondary windings, both referred to primary terms. That is, if r2 is the measured ohmic resistance of the secondary winding, and a=N2/N1 is the effective ratio of secondary to primary turns, the ohmic value of R2 to use in the circuit is R2=r2/a2 . This relation is valid because (1) the product N1I1 must equal N2i2=aN1i2=N1I2, when the mmfs are equal and opposite, giving I2=ai2(i2 being the actual secondary current); and (2) the energy consumed in resistance losses (or stored in the leakage magnetic field) must be the same for the same mmf and the same coil dimensions independent of a, that is: (2.10) i2^2r2=(I2/a)^2 (a2R2)=I2^2R2.

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入しました。商品のインボイスの事でメールが来ました。すみませんが意味を教えてくれませんか?お願いします。 All invoices already have the discount included in them apart from one of them which has sales items on it and we do not do further discount on already discounted items. Please check attachment. As for the credit note for the missing styles last time, you need to pass to your accountant the credit note that I have emailed to you. This cannot be further deducted of the invoices on our system, and therefore it is on a separate sheet. I have put the information of the discount on the 2 invoices. Please check and let me know if that will suffice.

• ミクロ経済 小Quiz(最終)

1.How do we calculate the marginal revenue product of a factor? A)The total revenue divided by the number of factors B)The change in total revenue divided by the change in the number of factors C)The change in total physical product divided by the change in quantity D)The change in the total physical product divided by the change in the number of factors Cを選択しました。 MRP=Change in Total revenue ÷ Unit change in resource quantity 2. Which of these will cause an decrease in the demand for carpenters? A)An decrease in the demand for furniture B)An improvement in the technology used to produce furniture C)An increase in the amount of capital that the furniture firm uses D)More education and training for the workers E)All of the above D=MRPの関係図より、Aを選択しました。 3. How many workers would be hired by this firm? Laborers...Output...Price of output....Marginal cost of labor 1...............10..............3....................18 2...............18..............3....................18 3...............25..............3....................18 4...............31..............3....................18 5...............36..............3....................18 A)1 B)2 C)3 D)4 E)5 Eを選択しました。 4. Firms will choose to produce using more capital if a) the marginal product of labor divided by the price of labor is greater than the marginal product of capital divided by the price of capital b) the marginal product of labor divided by the price of labor is less than the marginal product of capital divided by the price of capital c) the marginal product of labor divided by the price of labor is equal to the marginal product of capital divided by the price of capital Cを選択しました。 5. The demand for a resource will be elastic if a) the demand for the product it produces is inelastic b) there are few substitutes for the resource c) the cost of the resource is a high proportion of the total production cost Cを選択しました。The larger the proportion of total production costs accounted for by a resource の一文より 6. which of these occupations has the highest expected percentage growth rate over the next few years. a) physician assistants b) order clerks c) computer operators d) athletic trainers e) biomedical engineers テキスト内にあるpercentage growth rate より aは39%、bは-26% cは-18% dは37% eは72%より Eを選択しました。 助言いただければ幸いです。

• amounts in thousandsの意味は?

こんにちは。 financial accounting の授業で以下の問題がありました。 DSW, Inc., is a designer shoe warehouse, selling some of the most luxurious and fashionable shoes at prices that people can actually afford. Its balance sheet, at November 1, 2008, contained the following (listed alphabetically, amounts in thousands). Accounts Payable $ 136,405 Accounts Receivable 11,888 Cash 45,570 Contributed Capital 291,248 Notes Payable 99,044 Other Assets 494,294 Other Liabilities 79,148 Property, Plant, and Equipment 233,631 Retained Earnings 179,538 Total Assets 785,383 Total Liabilities and Stockholders' Equity ? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Requirement 1: Prepare the balance sheet as of November 1, solving for the missing amount. (Enter your answers in thousands. Be sure to list the assets and liabilities in order of their liquidity. Omit the "$" sign in your response.) そこで、ここに書かれているamounts in thousandsはどういう意味になるのでしょうか? 私の推測だと以下の2つの解釈のうち1だと思っているのですが・・・ 1.「千円単位の金額」 2.「金額の単位:千円」   要するにAccounts Payable $ 136,405 の場合、実際の金額は$ 136,405,000。 ちなみに、この場合の「in」の意味は何でしょうか?