"touch"の訳し方とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 「touch」の適切な訳し方を知りたいです。
  • 新訳聖書でも「touch」の記述がありますが、これと関連しているのでしょうか?
  • 「touch」は「触れる」「触る」と訳されることが一般的ですが、この文脈ではそれ以外の訳し方が考えられます。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

"touch"の訳し方がわかりません

As he said many times, in many parts of this nation, to those he touched and who sought to touch him: 'Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not. ここで"touch"はどう訳せばいいのでしょう?「触れる」「触る」ではおかしいですか? 新訳聖書で、イエスが病人に触れたら癒された、という記述がありますが、それを暗に意識した文なのでしょうか?穿った見方でしょうか?

noname#17721
noname#17721
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
noname#11434
noname#11434
回答No.3

こんにちは。引用された文章はRFKについて語られた言葉のようですね。ここでは具体的には「会って言葉を交わす」「感化を与える(または受ける)」という意味ではないかと思いました。 個人的に面会したという場合も、大衆に向かって呼びかけたという場合も当てはまるのではないでしょうか。 seek to touchというのは彼の言葉を実際に聞きたい、何がしかの感化を求める、分かち合いを持ちたいということでしょうから、聖書の表現を実際にイメージして語られた言葉なのかどうかはわかりませんが、イメージとしては連なるものがあるのではないでしょうか。その意味で#2さんの説明が基本にはやはりあるのではないかと思いました。 actualには、appearanceし互いの肉声(つまりそのなかにspiritが含まれているので)が届くということがtouchということになるのではないでしょうか。以下、試訳するとシンプルな言葉になってしまいましたが。 この国の到る所で幾たびと無く、自ら接して来た人々に、また彼に接することを求めて来たった人々に対して彼自身がこう語って来たように:「ものごとの現状を見てからそれはなぜかと問う人たちがいるが、私はいまだ実現していない物事を思い描いてからなぜそうではないのかと問う」。

その他の回答 (2)

• nagatos
  • ベストアンサー率20% (23/112)
回答No.2

細かいことを言えば、 >「一般的には」救い主との接触、精神的接触をさしています。 なぜかというと、「悪霊に首をしめられた」「肉身のジーザスに出会った。触れた」という接触は「一般的」には「不可能が前提」になっているからです。 ですから、「私は再来のジーザス」という人の話なら、肉体的接触を指す場合があります。 また、信仰は一般の日本人の認識とは違い、神、救い主などの「実在」を前提に語られることもあります。 ですが、普通は「精神的接触」です。

• nagatos
  • ベストアンサー率20% (23/112)
回答No.1

touch は「触れる」です。心の琴線に触れる、感動する場合も touch。 聖書がらみなら、he が Jesus の可能性はあります。 he touched touch him しかし、あくまで、「心に触れる」です。たとえ前後で病の治癒に触れていても、calling と同じで、救い主との接触、精神的接触をさしています。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願い致します(>_<)

Facebookでイギリスの友人がつぶやいていたのですがどうゆう意味でしょうか?(*_*) Why do we have so many ways to say things in English? There really is no need at all.

• 意味上の主語と目的語が分かりません

Every author tries to convince you, his reader, that what he has to say is true and should be accepted as truth. 上の文の what he has to say ですが、 私は what he has to say(彼が言わなければならないもの) と訳したのですが、 参考書を見ると what he has <to say> (言うために、彼が持っているもの) と訳すのが正しいと書いてありました。 その場合はto say の意味上の主語と意味上の目的語は何であると考えたらよろしいのでしょうか?

• 和訳についてお願いします。

A part of history is the story of science, of what we have found out as to how things happen, why they happen and what things are. (質問1) how things happen, why they happen and what things are. 「物事がどのようにして起こるのか、何故起こるのか、それらは何なのか」→訳はこれでよいでしょうか?(更に良いものがあれば教えてください。特に、thingsは「物事」でいいのか、それとも「現象」など、変えてしまっていいのか。) (質問2) 質問1と同じ箇所ですが、「how things happen=物事の生じる過程」「why they happen=物事の生じる理由」「what things are=物事の種類?」最後の「物事の種類」でいいのかよく分かりません。 (質問3) what we have found out as to how things happen, why they happen and what things are.の具体例はどのようなものでしょうか? (質問4) A part of history is the story of science, of what we have found out as to how things happen, why they happen and what things are. この文章は、同格構文だと思いますが、どことどこが同格関係になっているのでしょうか?(自分が思うに、scienceと what we have found outですが、なぜwhat we have found outの前にofがあるのですか?)

• howeverの使い方

kabaddiというスポーツの説明が書かれた文です。 Two teams are facing each other on the field. One team sends out a player,"a raider,"to the opposing side. The raider runs after the opposing players. His aim is to touch as many opposing players as he can and return to his side in one breath. He keeps shouting"Kabaddi,Kabaddi"to show that he has not taken a breath yet. After the raider returns,the touched players are"dead." Among the opposing players,however,(←これ)are"stoppers." They try to catch the raider. If they do so,the raider is dead. 文全体の言いたいことは分かるのですが このhoweverがどういう働きをしているのかかがよくわかりません。

• 和訳お願いします。

困ってます(>_<) お願いします。 another way to say get in touch with would be talk to. another way to say get in touch with would be stay away from. another way to say get in touch with would be remember and then forget. another way to say get in touch with would be connect with and undestand. According to the passage,which of the following is true about dreams? If you dream you're wearing no clothes, something embarrassing probably happened to you. If you dream you didn't study for a test, then you have nothing to worry about. another way to say look up to you would be are careful when they're with you. another way to say look up to you would be like to talk to you. another way to say look up to you would be think good things about you. another way to say look up to you would be dream about you. I have to finish this paper tonight! If I don't hand it in on time, I'll get a bad grade! I fell on the stairs, and everyone laughed at me! My life is great! I don't have any problems, and I'm really happy! Everyone else was wearing the right clothes. I just came in jeans and a T-shirt. The concert is in two days, and I haven't had much time to practice my violin.

• 英語の間違いについて(3)

英文に間違いがあれば教えてください。 Second, let me talk about dreams. I have dreams. Many people have dreams, too. I suppose that to try new things is close dreams. If I don't have a dream and to try new things, I could find a dream. To try new things is precious experience in our life. I think it is important have a lot of experience. If I have a dream, I think it is useful for my dream. I'm sure to try new things have take risks. But I think risks to be important experience. That's why I want to try new things and take risks. I want to challenge anytime. よろしくお願いします。

• ()に入る単語を教えてください!

分詞 動名詞の範囲です。 1.Other things ( ) equal, the simplest explanation is the best. 2.He needed to ( ) looked after.  He needed ( ) after. 3.As I did not wish to make him angry, I did not say any more. =( )( ) to make him angry, I did not say any more.

• 和訳を教えてください

和訳を教えてください 1He drank two bottles of beer and as much wine. 2Her job is to pack so many apples in so many boxes. 3You may pick as many flowers as you like. よろしくお願いします

• 英語日記3 なぜ今の若者は夢を持たないのか

英語日記3 なぜ今の若者は夢を持たないのか すいませんが最近英語力のライティングをあげようと英作文をまいにち書くようにしてます。 レベルのひくい英作文ではずかしいのですが。できれば文法や細かい間違いを指摘して頂けると幸いす。 Why recent adolescent people don’t have a dream. Young guys are said “Young people don’t have a dream recently” by old people. As my opinion, I don’t think so. And we don’t want old people to say about that. In the first place, I`d like to say for old people “you don’t have a dream too, don’t you?” I think that people who don’t have a dream which don’t have acclaim to say about dreams. Maybe some young people are not old enough to become a good adult. But if they will be able to find a their dream and try and try to make it. They will be excellent person at that time. Everyone can be a excellent person as long as try to make it. 内容は気にしないでください。

• 文のなかの”as to”の使い方

BBCからの英文なのですが、 "Many Hondurans say there's a total lack of information as to what exactly has happened to their country and their President. " のなかの"as to what"の使い方がよくわかりません。 "as to"は必要なのでしょうか?それともなくてもいいのでしょうか? どなたか、文法ご存知の方にアドバイス頂ければたすかります。