インターネット検索で正確な年を瞬時に見つける方法

このQ&Aのポイント
  • この章の執筆中に私は興味深い出来事が起きました。私が書いた内容を読み返しているとき、グーテンベルクの印刷機の年表記に疑問を感じました。そこで、インターネットブラウザを開き、「Gutenberg」と検索しました。数秒で正確な年、1450年を見つけることができました。
  • 私がこの章を執筆中に興味深い経験がありました。私が書いた内容を読み返しているとき、グーテンベルクの印刷機の年に関して疑問が生じました。したがって、インターネットブラウザを開いて、「Gutenberg」というキーワードで検索しました。わずか数秒で正確な年である「1450年」を見つけることができました。
  • この章の執筆中に興味深い出来事がありました。私が書いた内容を読み返しているとき、グーテンベルクの印刷機の年表記について疑問が生じました。そのため、インターネットブラウザを開き、「Gutenberg」というワードを検索しました。数秒で正確な年である「1450年」を見つけることができました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削お願いします。

A good example of this occurred while I was writing this chapter. A few moments ago, as I was rereading what Ihad written, I had doubts about the year that I had typed in for Gutenberg's printing press. Therfore, I opened my Internet browser and typed the word ‘Gutenberg' into a search engine. Within seconds, I had found the correct year, ‘1450'. を自分なりに訳すと、 私がこの章を書いている時、これのよい例が生じた。 数時間前、自分が書いたものを読み返しているときにグーテンベルクの印刷機について記した年代に自信がなくなってきた。それゆえ、自分のインターネットブラウザーを開き、検索エンジンに「Gutenberg’s」と入れた。数秒で1450年という正確な数字を得た。 となります。直したほうがいいところがありましたら、教えてください。それと、 Within seconds, I had found the correct year, ‘1450'.の文が過去完了形なのか、correct yearの後の,(カンマ)はなぜ必要なのか教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Shimo-py
  • ベストアンサー率61% (170/275)
回答No.1

「数時間前、」→「少し前」 「~に自信がなくなってきた」→「~が正しくないと思った」 「Gutenberg's と入れた」→「'Gutenberg' と入れた」 「正確な数字を」→「正確な年代(年号)を」 少なくとも上記の点を直しましょう。 that I had typed in は「私が(パソコンに)打ち込んだ○○」という意味ですが、「記した」という訳でかまわないと思います。 I had found the correct year がなぜ過去完了なのか →もし、「現在」を基準にしていれば、 「私は正しい年代(年号)を知った/知っている」というとき、I have found the correct year. となります。現在完了ですね。  でもここは、回想シーンで、「今これを書いているよりもちょっと前」を基準にしているので、過去完了になっているのです。(現在完了は、現在を基準点とし、過去完了は過去を基準点としなければならない。)   もっとも、この文脈およびこの意味でなら、過去形を使って I found ... でも大丈夫だと思います。 the year 2000 というような時、普通、カンマはつけませんね。これは、単なる数字でなく年代(年号)なんだと示すための表現です。 一方、ここでは the correct year の後にカンマがあるのは、「正確な年、すなわち 1450年」という意味で、言い換えによる追加表現だから、コンマを置いているわけです。

daft-09
質問者

お礼

ご指摘ありがとうございます。 もうひとつ聞きたいのですが、上の文の続きで、 This example illustrates the power and the speed of the Net. という文があるのですが、the Net のNetはなぜ大文字なんでしょうか? お手数ですがお願いします。

その他の回答 (1)

• Shimo-py
  • ベストアンサー率61% (170/275)
回答No.2

すみません。 コメントチェックするのが遅れてしまいました。 the Net の N が大文字なのは、 インターネットという意味だからです。 通常、インターネットは the Internet the Net ともに大文字で書き始めることになっています。

daft-09
質問者

お礼

よくわかりました。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• どれだけ彼が興味を持っているか?

「どれだけ彼がこの企画に興味を持っているか分かった」 回答例です。 I found how interested he was in this plan. 私はこう書きました。 1:I found how much interest he had in this plan. 2:I found how much he was intersted in this plan. この英文では伝わりませんか? 何がまずいのかわかりません。 ご指導お願いします。

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 October 16th ‘10 I was busy today. As soon as I got up morning, I went to do rice-cake making. As a mallet of today was bigger than I had used ones of past, my arm パンパンになった。 And it was fine, I was tired a lot. After rice-cake making, I had to put a TV board together. But I had just bought some parts for that. When I got a call from the shop buying the TV, I was not easy a little. But I had a promise with my friends to go out to drink, I gave up it and did it. We met in grilled meet restaurant. We bought a 50percent off ticket of this restaurant with an internet. It was great and we would be full. As the TV will come to my house yester morning, I had better go to sleep early. It is almost 2 o’clock.

• 英文の添削をお願いします。

My summer vacation was fantastic! I went back to my parents’ home for this vacation and spent most of time with my friends and my boyfriend. I almost always sat up late into the night or all night talking with my friends, drinking and going for a drive. This was the idlest vacation I have ever had!! But I really enjoyed it. 私の夏休みはすばらしかった。私はこの休みに実家に帰り、だいたいは友達と恋人と一緒に過ごしました。私はだいたい夜遅くか朝まで友達と話をしたり、飲んだり、ドライブにいきました。今までで一番怠けた休みでした。しかし、私はそれを本当に楽しみました。 *不自然な表現があったら、教えていただきたいです。 *This was the idlest vacation I have ever had.は、「私は夏休みをとっても自由気ままに過ごした」ということを言いたいのですが、うまく表現できません。 お願いします。

• 明日、英語のスピーチの発表で困っています。英語の添削お願いします!急いでます><

明日英語のスピーチで発表なのですが、添削お願いいたします。 In this summer vaction,I could do a many things I wanted to do such as a trip,a part time job,meeting old friends and so on.Everything was good and I had a good time. Today I will talk to you about highscool basketball club's tratraining camp.In this summer,I took part in the training camp as a coach and went to Gumma for three days.Sice I entered university,I have had few opportunities of playing basketball.Therefore I played basketball after a long time at the training camp.Because I lost a lot of strength,I thought the training camp was very busy and hard.On the other hand,I thought it was pleasant that I exercise too.I watched high school students who devoted themself to club activities desperately and longed for my high school life.From the experience of this year, now I think I want to go again next year.Thank you for listening.

• 英語日記添削

お願いします。英語で毎日、日記を付けています。以下見られても問題ないので、添削頂けると助かります It rained on and off today. I was very worried whether fireworks show would perform or not as schedule. Sometimes it came down in buckets. Consequently, the rain had let up before the fireworks display. Family T and Family S came to my house to see that. Last year, I placed a table in balcony and ate a supper while stood up. But, this year, I spread a mat and ate it while sat down. My relatives, friends, and I enjoyed the atmosphere. Many fireworks filled the sky. It was great. But, it started raining again during the fireworks. Since it was cats and dogs, I thought it might be call off, but it did not. I appreciated this fireworks show’s organizer.

• this really と really の違いを教えてください

1)It was this really big shake. I had this really shocking dream. を 2)It was really a big shake. I had really a shocking dream. とすると、1)と2)では意味に何か違いがあるのでしょうか?また1)では冠詞のaをつけないのはなぜでしょうか?ご存知の方がおりましたら是非教えてください。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I've been working within my industry for over 25 years. I've been working at my current firm for a year. Recently, we advertised a job opening. As regional manager, I screened the applications and passed my selections on to human resources to finalize. The candidate I preferred was a woman with 24 years of experience, "Barb." Barb was making $115,000 per year but said she was willing to take a cut. We decided to offer her the job. When I got a copy of the offer letter from HR, I was astonished that the head of HR, "Sarah," had offered Barb $120,000. My other seven sales reps' salaries were averaging between $100,000 and $105,000. Only one of them was making $110,000, and he has 19 years of experience. I had a talk with Sarah as to the reason for this unfairness. Her reply was that she had crunched the industry salaries on the market and decided to offer this amount. crunched the industry salaries on the markeとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英作文 添削

英作の添削をお願いします One day I was driving a car. On the small intersection without signals, a big truck was coming from the right at very high speed. I had two choices. One was to go forward very fast. The other was to stop. I stopped. As a result, my car's front was broken. But I was totally OK. If I had gone forward, I would have been dead.

• 英文添削お願いします

英語再勉強中ですが、なかなか思ったように文書ができているのか疑問です。 よろしければ、一部でもかまいませんので、添削をお願いします。 よろしくお願いします。 開国したころ、時代は明治へと変わった。 この時代の目標は、不平等条約の改正だった。 そこで、外国から日本が近代国家として認められる為に、GDPの50%を費やして軍事力を強化すると共に、近代国家に相応しい都市づくりを行った。 その結果、当時の日本人は厳しい生活を送ったが、日本はロシアとの戦争に勝利し、その目的を達成した。 この奇跡が日本を第二次世界大戦へ向かわせたと思うが。 ご存じのように、その後、日本は戦争に敗れ、5年間占領された。 その後、日本はアメリカに次ぐ経済大国となったが、現在の日本の国力は年々減少している。 今、本当に厳しい時である。 About after opening this country, an era changed Meiji. The goal in this era was that it would revise the unequal treaties. So they had strengthened the military power spending 50 percents of GDP and had built a city which was worth as a modern country in order to make foreign countries admit Japan as one of modern countries. The result why the then Japanese had had a difficult life, Japan won a war against Russia and got the goal. I think this miracle made Japan proceed to WWII. As you know, after that Japan was beaten and occupied for 5 years. After that, Japan would be an economic power following the US. But now the power of Japan has been decreasing year after year. It’s a really hard time in Japan now.

• 英語の添削をお願いします。

この訳は友達がしたものなので翻訳サイトなどを使った可能性があるので判断していただけるとありがたいです。 できれば添削もお願いします。 私は去年もこの短期留学に参加しました。でも去年はただ遊んでいるだけでした。 今年は自分の英語の力を上げたいと思い、今回の短期留学に参加したいと思いました。 私はオーストラリアの人3人と今もメールのやりとりを行っています。 去年の経験を生かし、今年はリーダーシップをとって頑張りたいと思います。 I participated in this studying abroad for short time last year. However, it had only played last year. It wanted to raise my English power, and I wanted to participate in this studying abroad for short time this year. よろしくお願いします。