• 締切済み

英語

Interestingly, though potentially bad luck for people individually, the raven is considered to be good luck for the crown of England. thoughからindividually までの意味がわかりません、教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9724/12096)
回答No.2

以下のとおりお答えします。 >Interestingly, though potentially bad luck for people individually, the raven is considered to be good luck for the crown of England. ⇒「興味深いことに、人々にとってカラスは個人的には不運(の象徴)であり得るかも知れませんが、英国王室にとっては幸運(の象徴)と見なされています。」 > thoughからindividually までの意味がわかりません、教えてください。 ⇒potentially と badの間にbeingを補うと分かりやすくなります。つまり、 though potentially being bad luck for people individually 「(カラスは)人々の個人にとっては潜在的に不運(の象徴)であるかも知れませんが」 となります。 なお、potentially being bad luckは、「譲歩」(潜在的に不運である/不運の可能性があるが)を表す分詞構文です。

kajjjjun
質問者

お礼

理解出来ました! the raven is bad luck 〜.だったけど同じだから省略されたんですね、ありがとうございます🙇‍♀️

Powered by GRATICA
noname#259815
noname#259815
回答No.1

カラスは不運である可能性がありますが、 イングランドにとっては幸運であると考えられています。

関連するQ&A

• 英語 添削をお願いします

ちょっとした、ジョークを考えなくてはいけません。文法もですがおかしいところを直して教えていただけると助かります。よろしくお願いします。 One day an old woman came and spoke to me in French. I said to her in French with confidence. 『Je'ne parle pas de Francais』 She smiled and told to me in French more and more. This time, I got good luck and bad luck. Good luck is this. She understood my French. Bad luck is this. She didn't understand my feeling. Because the meaning of that sentence is I cannot speak French.

• 英文の解釈について (will など)

よろしくお願いします。 いつもお世話になっています。 (1)Many peole believe that if a black cat crosses in front of them, it will mean bad luck for the day. (2)In England, many people belive that if a black cat walks toward a person, it means good luck for the day. (3)The English often keep black cats in order to bring them good luck. 上記の文章について質問させて頂きます。 a. 1 では it の後に will がありますが、2 ではありません。 これは、なぜでしょうか? b. 1 では、crosses in front of といっているのを、2 では、walks toward といっています。 もし、和訳するとなると、それぞれをどのように訳せば良いでしょうか? 以上、どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語が正しいかどうか教えてください。

Many people want to be success. Many people have dreams and become happy. I also want to be success. And I have a dream. It is not easy to success. And many people have felt sad because they can’t success. I don’t think people can’t succeed that it is because of hard work. I suppose that luck is very important for succeed. I argue about exam and I was read a book. この文の英語に間違いなどあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語がただしいかどうか。

Second, I would like to talk about I was read a book. Books teach us important things. I have learned important things by read a book. A book teaches me it is important to catch luck. Many people don’t catch luck. But if you would catch luck, you could be success. I think that we don’t catch luck and hard work, we couldn’t be success. ↑(私は、一生懸命働いても運を掴まなければ、成功することができない、と思う。) So I disagree with, “when people succeed it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with succeed.” もし、おかしい文などあれば教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語問題の答え教えてください!

この問題の答え教えてくださいますか!?むずくてできません!!! 1. Eugenics Eugenics was, quite literally, an effort to breed better human beings – by encouraging the reproduction of people with "good" genes and discouraging those with "bad" genes. Eugenicists effectively lobbied for social legislation to keep racial and ethnic groups separate, to restrict immigration from southern and eastern Europe, and to sterilize people considered "genetically unfit." Is Eugenics “progressive”? YES NO Why do you think that?

• 英語が得意な方の力を貸して下さい!

最近 路上での喫煙を条例で禁止して違反者に罰金を科す自治体が増えてきています。あなたはこうした傾向に反対ですか 賛成ですか。自分の考えを 英語でまとめなさい。 大学入試にむけて 少しでも多くの自由英作文にとりくみたいのですが、添削をお願いできる人がいなくて困っています(´・_・`)英語が得意な方、ぜひ 力を貸して下さい(>_<) I agree with the idea that the law to profibit smoker from smoking on streets should be made. Smoking is bad effect not only for smoker but also for people around smoker. If you smok on streets, you do harm for other people. No matter how careful they are about their health,they are forced to get bad effect for their health.

• 高校英語の和訳教えてください

高校英語の和訳教えてください 1 Though my memory is not as good as it used to be,I remenber that, when a boy,I very nearly died of typhoid fever. 2 People will have to wear a space suit on the moon.   There will be no air for them to breathe.   In the daytime, it will be twice as hot as the hottest day in the Sahara Desert.   At night, it will be twice as cold as the coldest day at the North Pole. よろしくお願いします

• 訳してください

訳してください。 the translation for the statement is 〝lets the bad luck take anything except my dad″. it's for my lovely Dad,I wish for him a safe trip. よろしくお願いいたします。

• 翻訳お願いします

Whichはどれにかかっているのかということが判然としません。 They can buy it at a good price, then give it to those people instead of asking for food from overseas , which is very bad. ~asking for food from overseas , which is very bad.は、「, 」がなくても同じということで良いのでしょうか。

• 至急英語にお願いします。

It is often said that taxes will change in the 21st century. There may be new taxes on bank savings and financial transactions. Trash is likely to be taxed in the future. When you drive your car into a large city, you might have to pay a tax for that. One thing is certain: There will be new taxes for the rich and poor in countries that have fewer and fewer young people to support society.