• ベストアンサー

英語が出来る方(帰国子女様など)

こんにちは、この間受けた英語の模試で分からないところがあったのて教えてください。   She had a nice bag designed by her mother. という文法は当たっていますか。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9737/12116)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >She had a nice bag designed by her mother. という文法は当たっていますか。 ⇒はい、当たって(合って)います。 bag designed by ~「~のデザインしたバッグ」のdesigned は、design「 デザインする」の過去分詞で、直前のbagを修飾しています。修飾する語が、修飾される語の後に付いているので「後置修飾」といいます。 この部分の直訳は、「~によってデザインされたバッグ」となります。 全文訳(意訳)はこうなります。 「彼女は、おかあさんのデザインしたすてきなバッグを持っていました。」

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 4コマ漫画(2)の添削お願いします

朝日新聞の4コマ漫画を英語にして英作文を練習している者です。 添削(文法間違い、表現間違いなど)よろしくお願いします。 One day a girl told that something was wrong with her umbrella. Her grandmother advised showing it to her father. She had it repaired by him as her grandmother told. However, he was a destroyer. He handed it back to her unconfidently, but she thanked him. Her mother came by and said, " This is no good. I'll throw away." She was a ruiner.

• 4コマ漫画(2)’の添削お願いします

朝日新聞の4コマ漫画の描写を英語にして英作文を練習している者です。 次の英文を読んで状況が読み取れるかお聞きしたいです。また、文法間違い英語表現の間違いなどご指摘していただけろとありがたいです。 One day a girl told her grandmother that something was wrong with her umbrella. Her grandmother advised showing it to her father. She had it repaired by him as her grandmother told. However, he was a terribly awkward. He was called 'Destroyer'. He handed it back to her without confidence, but she thanked him. Her mother came by and said, " This is no good. I'll throw away." She was a 'Damper'.

• Whenの意味

はじめまして。 とある参考書で、 「私が彼女に会ったとき、彼女は重いカバンを持っていた」 という文章で、英語にすると When I met her, she had a heavy bag. となるらしいのですが、 文頭の「When」の意味がよく分かりません。 自分としては「her」の後に来るはずじゃないのかと思うのですがどうなのでしょうか?

• この英語を日本語に訳してください。

この英語を日本語に訳してください。 Last Sunday, when I was waiting for a friend in front of tha atation, I met my elderly neighbor. She had a big bag with her, and she was going to walk across the street. When the light turned green, I helped her with her bag, and we walked across the busy street together. She said ''Thank you'' many times to me. That made me very happy.

• 英語が得意な方に質問

1He treated her like a baby. He treated her as if 1 2 a baby. この1、2に入るものを考えよとあるんですが、疑問を抱きました。 まず書き換えとして、He treated her like a baby.               ↓           He treated her as if she was a baby  ↓(直接法なのか仮定法なのか判断)           He treated her as if she had been a baby という手順で書き換えられるのかなあと思ったんですが、 違いました。  疑問 (1)likeの部分を書き換える時に、wasじゃなくてisだろと言われたんですが、過去の話をしているのに、isはおかしいですよね?? (2)なぜhad beenではいけないんですか?? 以上2点教えて下さい

• cleanは動詞?形容詞?

こんな問題がありました。 She was so tired that she ( )by her servant. (a)had her room clean (b)had her room to clean (c)had her room cleaning (d)had her room cleaned 私はcleanを動詞の意味で考えて、ここでは過去分詞(d)が正解だと最初思ったんですが、形容詞として考えて(a)と考えることはできないのでしょうか。 教えてください。

• 英語質問

以下の文章を和訳して頂きたいです。 かなり困って居ます><宜しくお願いします。 (1)I had a sister who had diabetes.She died when she was 39. If she had lived a century ago, she would have been dead by the age of 14. Had she been born today, she probably would have lived a full life because gene therapy would soon be able to replace her defective ganes. My parents told me Andrea had diabetes when I was a high school student in California. And later, I learned Andrea would have the disease forever and would be taking shots every day of her life so she could live. I knew it was serious. Without insulin, Andrea's cells would die even though she had plenty of suger in her blood. Each day she would measure her suger level and them inject insulin into her thigh. (2)Time passed, and I went to Colorado Callege. Andrea went to the University of Southern California. I think that USC was a good choice for her. She went to classes, parties, and maintained her California blonde good looks. She graduated, married a lawyer-to-be, adopted a child because of repeated miscarriages due to her diabetes, and got divorced-a typical American story except for the diabetes. (3)Andrea, along with the rest of my family, remainded in California while I was moving about the country getting an education, as well as being a wife and mother of two children. I settled on the opposite side of the country in Buffalo, New York. (4)One day Andrea came to Buffalo. We soon learned she was going blind. She told us that only an operation would help her eyes. Her physicians did not hold out much hope because of her lifelong treatment with inslin; although it had saved her life, it had also caused malfunctioning in her circulatory system. Her eyes were only part of the problem; her entire cardiovascular system was compromised. The operation, in fact, would be dangerous. (5)My sister was adament. She had tired going to classes designed to help patients who were going blind. She said she would rather be dead than blind. She was going forward with the operation, which would be in a couple of weeks. (6)Andrea died on the operating table at the age of 39. It was cardiac arrest, not an uncommon fate for diabetics whose cardiovascular systems were compromised. She had visited me to say goodbye-except I did not know it.

• 英語の完了形について。

英語の完了形について。 完了形を勉強していて、いくつか分らないところがありました。もし英語ネイティブの方などがいたら教えてください。 1.I ( )( ) her three days ago. という問題がありました。答えは I just met her three days ago. だったのですが、 I have met her three day ago. ではなぜいけないのでしょうか?? 2.She had been sick for three days before the doctor visited her. 高校の文法の教科書で、接続詞のbeforeやafterがあるときは過去完了は使わず過去形でいいとあったのですが、同じ教科書に上のような文が出ていました。納得がいきません… 3.when I was in the USA, I ( )the famous artist three times. この問題は、(1)had seen もしくは(2)sawのどちらかが( )に入るのですが、どちらが正いのか分りません。 詳しい方いらっしゃいましたら、よろしくお願いします。

• 不自然と言われた英語の文章を直してみましたが、、、教えてください。

ネイティブの人に英語が不自然と言われましたが、どこがいけないかは教えてもらえません。直してみました。文法面と自然さからのコメントをいただければ幸いです 原意:新生児期のリンパ浮腫としてはターナー症候群に見られるものがよく知られているが、それらは数週間で自然に消退する。  A well known lymphedema in the neonatal period is seen in infants with Turner syndrome, but lymphedema in these infants disappears naturally in several weeks. 2つ作ってみましたが、But は不適切かなとも思います。 1)Lymphedema in neonatal period is often seen in the babies with Turner Syndrome, but the lymphedema in this syndrome naturally disappears in several weeks. 2)As for lymphedema in neonatal period, the one observed in Turner syndrome is well known. But lymphedema seen in this syndrome usually disappears in a natural course. 原意;(子どもだけはなく)母にもリンパ浮腫があったが、(珍しいことに)それは左足に限局していた。 The mother also had lymphedema, but swelling was limited to her left foot. これも日本語の「が」に引きずられて 「but」としないほうが良いでしょうか。 The mother also had lymphedema, and it was limited to her left foot. 長い距離を歩くと必ず左足が痛くなる、特に熱い季節にはそうであると彼女は述べた。 She reported that she felt an ache in her left foot each time after going for long walk, especially in the hot weather. each time after は何か変に感じるので直してみました →She mentioned that she always had a pain in her left foot after a long walk, especially in a hot season. ネイティブか英語に慣れた方のコメントをもらえれば嬉しいです。

• 大学院入試の英語

大学院入試の英語の和訳の問題で教えていただきたいものがあります。心理療法に関する英文です。  The girl loved her father, but by doing so acquired guilty feelings,as though she were being diloyal to her mother. コンマの中身をどう処理したらいいのか・・・。 」