• ベストアンサー

英語

高2 明日テストです! I was to live only three to six months becouse I had cancer. My brother was never to come back from the war. なぜ両方ともbe動詞が過去なのでしょうか? 「余命が3ヶ月しかない」なのでam 「戦争から帰ってこない」なのでis ではないのですか? 解説お願いします!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

be動詞+不定詞です。出来事が過去だから過去形で良いのではないでしょうか? 1番は、本人が死んでしまっては発言できないので、可能の意味ではないでしょう。 2番は、neverがあるので運命の時によく使うようです。

hyskoa01
質問者

お礼

なるほど 回答有り難う御座います

関連するQ&A

• following

When I was 16, our family had a foreign student come live with us on a summer exchange program. He was also 16. He wanted to stay beyond his visa, so my parents arranged to take legal guardianship of him. It was very stressful having him move into our family. My mom and I constantly fought about his presence in our home. Six months following the guardianship, my dad moved out and my parents divorced. Six months following the guardianshipはSix months after the guardianshipと同意でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語が合っているか見て欲しいですm(__)m

あるサイトで、I'd又はI'veなどはメールで使わないと言われ、 文章を直してみたのですが、 『忙しくて返事できなかった(>_<)ごめんね。 是非来てください♪ 私もまだアメリカに一度も行ったことがないので行ってみたいです。 というか、いつか住みたい(笑)』 I could not reply to you, because I was so busy. Sorry. Come and visit us, by all means. I have never been to USA, so I want to go there some day. Rather I want to live in there someday:)lol 間違っているところはありませんか?

• in come?

So here I was with somewhere between one and six months left to live, growing more melancholy every hour -- and then, all of a sudden, in comes Landy. この、in comesはliveの続きですか? そうだとしても、よく意味が分かりません。 前置詞の後に動詞ってあるんでしょうか?

• 英語の細かい表現で迷ってます。あるテキスト「英語の

英語の細かい表現で迷ってます。あるテキスト「英語の耳」での表現です。数字の複数形をつけるか付けないかです。 6ヶ月前の事前通知を six-months advance notice と、 5週間の予想を a five-week forecastと、 3ヶ月の予想を a three-month forecastsと、 2ヶ月の予想を a two-months forecastと、 書いてありました。 バラバラです、、、規則性がありません、、、これ全部合ってるんですか? 英語見たり聞いたりして理解し、日本語訳にする分にはどれも同じでいいかもしれませんが、日本語を英訳する時にどれにすべきか悩んでしまいます。 私が英語で表現する時は、 six-months advance notice (複数形がない名詞), five-weeks forecasts, three-months forecasts, two-months forecasts, にしようと思ってます。合ってますか?

• どの英語の方がいいか教えて下さいm(__)m

色々話をしていて.... 相手)I'm happy too:) You can come visit me anytime:p 私)Yippee! Thank you* When I have a chance to go to America, I will go to see you. And you can also come to my place whenever you like. 最後に相手から 相手)Yay Thank you :) I would love to go there.と来ていて, 面接などで色々忙しく返事ができていなくて、 やっと今返せる時間があるので返事を返したいのですが、 『忙しくて返事できなかった(>_<)ごめんね。 是非来てください♪ アメリカは大好きだけど、まだ一回も行ったことがないから 私も行ってみたいです* というか、いつか住みたい(笑)』 って言いたいんですけど、 どちらの英語の方が上の文章に近いですか? (1)I was busy so I couldn't reply. Sorry... Come and visit us, by all means. I love USA very much, but I have never been there. So I want to go there. Rather I want to live there someday:) lol (2)I was busy so I couldn't reply. Sorry... Come and visit us, by all means. I love the United States but I've never been there. I'd like to visit there some day. Well, I rather want to live there:) lol あと、 Yay Thank you :) I would love to go there.に、 (1)~(2)のような返事はおかしいでしょうか?

• 日本語訳をお願いします

日本語訳をお願いします。 So our only option was to go to that place and try to find ballet somewhere or six months did Ryan in Kuwait.

• 大大大至急お願いします。この英語のMAILを訳してください。

大大大至急お願いします。この英語のMAILを訳してください。 Hi! I come from Switzerland, work for an IT company in Shinjuku and now live not far from Kawasaki. I have been in Japan for 2 months only so I am still new here but I can speak Japanese a little ^^ Oh and I wanted to say you look pretty! Do you already have a boyfriend? ;)

• followed up with

I’ve worked at a 25-employee firm for over 20 years. I’ve also had breast cancer for 15 years. About two years ago my cancer traveled to my brain, and I had to leave my job because of the treatment I was receiving. I almost died, yet I never heard from my co-workers. Not one even called to say, “How are you feeling?” My boss told me he wanted me to come to the office holiday luncheon, yet never followed up with the date and time. never followed up with the date and timeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• give up my integrity

I’m closer to 30 than 25, bipolar (type II), and, most important, six days away from being six months sober. I am still learning what drinking three bottles of wine a night and passing out to reruns on Netflix for the last six years has done to me: I’ve given up my integrity; six days away from being six months soberは「6ヶ月のシラフ期間まであと6日」でしょうか?あと、given up my integrityの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

Forty years ago I was a Marine returning from the war in Vietnam. I returned having been badly wounded in the chest and both legs. I tried to find solace in my scars but could not. I had abandoned my buddies only to come home to unchartered waters. Soon I found myself more terrified in peace than I was in war. 最後から2つ目の文章の意味がわかりません。教えて頂けませんか。