購入したスーツケースの話

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 私が以前使っていたスーツケースが壊れたため、約200ドルで新しいスーツケースを購入しました。
  • 私は強くて丈夫で使いやすく、軽くてお手頃価格のスーツケースを求めていました。
  • ネットで購入する前に実際に見たかったので、店舗に行って購入を決めました。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

添削お願いします。

*スーツケースを購入した時の話です。 I bought a suitcase which price was about $200. Because suitcase that I used it before was broken when I came here in August. I wanted it that strong, durable, useful, light and reasonable. It took about 2 days to decide on the purchase. Because I bought it on internet, but I wanted to see it for real. So I went to that store. 私は約200ドルでスーツケースを購入しました。 なぜなら、私が以前使っていた物は8月にここに来た時に壊れてしまったからです。 強くて、丈夫で、使いやすくて、軽くて、お手頃価格のスーツケースが欲しかった。 購入を決定するのに約2日かかりました。ネットで購入したのですが、実際に見たかったので店舗に行ったからです。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• wxw
  • お礼率89% (1045/1166)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9728/12101)
回答No.2

以下のとおり、語句と添削文(とその対訳)をお答えします。 >I bought a suitcase which price was about $200. Because suitcase that I used it before was broken when I came here in August. I wanted it that strong, durable, useful, light and reasonable. It took about 2 days to decide on the purchase. Because I bought it on internet, but I wanted to see it for real. So I went to that store. (語句) *(先日)私は、約200ドルで(気に入りの)スーツケースを購入した:(The other day) I bought a (favorite) suitcase for about $ 200。カッコ内を追加するのはいかが? *私が以前使っていたもの:the one I used before。suitcaseの反復を避けましょうか。 *強くて、丈夫で、使いやすくて、軽くて、お手頃価格のスーツケース:a strong, durable, easy to use, light and reasonable/affordable suitcase。「使いやすい」はeasy to useとしましょう。「手頃な価格の」はreasonableでもいいですが、affordableもあります。 *購入を決定するのに約2日かかった:It took about 2 days to decide to purchase。「~するのを決める」はdecide to ~と言います。 *ネットで購入したのですが、(その前に/買う前に)実物を(直接)見たかったので、お店まで行ってみた:I bought it on the net, but I wanted to see the real thing (directly before that/deciding), so I went to the store/shop。カッコ内を追加すると流れが分かりやすくなると思います。 (添削文) (The other day) I bought a (favorite) suitcase for about $ 200. Because the one I used before was broken when I came here in August. I wanted a strong, durable, easy to use, light and reasonable/affordable suitcase. It took about 2 days to decide to purchase. I bought it on the net, but I wanted to see the real thing directly before that/deciding, so I went to the store/shop. 《先日私は、約200ドルで(気に入りの)スーツケースを購入しました。 なぜなら、私が以前使っていたものは、8月にここに来た時に壊れてしまったからです。 強くて、丈夫で、使い易くて、軽くて、手頃な価格のスーツケースが欲しいと思いました。 購入を決定するのに約2日かかりました。ネットで購入したのですが、(その前に/買う前に)実物を(直接)見たかったので、お店まで行ってみたからです。》

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 添削が早くて大変助かりました。 ご指摘いただいているようにBecause suitcase that I used it~で反復を避けたいなと思っていたのですがthe oneとすればいいのですね。 勉強になりました。 その他添削ありがとうございます。参考にさせていただきます。

その他の回答 (1)

回答No.1

I bought a suitcase of which price was about $200. Because my suitcase became broken when I came here in August, I wanted one that is strong, durable, useful, light and priced reasonably. ここに来たときに壊れていたというのは変。その旅行で壊れたのではないですか。 It took about 2 days to decide a new one. Though I bought it at an internet store, I went there to see it before purchase. 今回は,できるだけ原文を改変しないでおきました(笑)。自動翻訳結果をそのままつけておきます: 私はスーツケースを買いました。その価格は約200ドルでした。 私が8月にここに来たとき私のスーツケースが壊れたので、私は強くて、丈夫で、便利で、軽量で、手ごろな値段のものが欲しいと思った。 新しいものを決めるのに約2日かかりました。インターネットストアで購入しましたが、購入前に見に行きました。

wxw
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。 原文を変えないように、とお気遣いいただきありがとうございます。 大変勉強になりました。添削していただいた文章は参考にさせていただきます。

関連するQ&A

• 添削お願いします。

https://okwave.jp/qa/q9584523.html の続きです。 I wanted to know it is durable because suitcase that I used it before was broken right away. So I read the customer review I used it only once, but it was easy to use. 以前使っていたスーツケースがすぐに壊れてしまったので丈夫かどうかが知りたかった。なのでカスタマーレビューを読みました。 まだ一度しか使用していないですが使いやすいです。 *What factors did you have to consider before you decided upon the purchase?という質問があるのですが、それは丈夫かどうかを知りたかった、という答えであっていますか? こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

「受賞おめでとうございます。どうして映画監督になりたいと思ったのですか。少し お聞かせいただけませんか。」「そうですね。ちょっと答えづらいのですが、七歳の 時にキャメラを買ってもらって、それがきっかけで、映像の面白さに気づき始めたのだ と思います。映画館をやっている祖父がいたのも、映画的環境に慣れ親しむ一因 だったと思います。」 “Congraturations on the award! Would you mind sparing some time for us to ask you why you wanted to become a supervision of cinema”“Well, the answer a little embarrass me. It is because I started to realize the interest of pictures by the opportunity to be bought a camera for me when I was 7 years old. That my grandfather run a cinema is one of the reason why I familiar with the surroundings of it, I think.” 最後に I think を持っていったのは文頭にもっていくと (that) thatになりわかりづらいかと 思ったからです。かえってわかりづらいでしょうか? 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

・The factor to buy the product is values, convenience, and favorites. For example, I bought bicycle that had red color because I like red. And my bicycle was the popular style for women like it has big basket and cute design, so I saved money and bought it. 「商品を買うときの要因は価値観・利便性・お気に入りかどうか。例えば、私は赤色が好きなので赤色の自転車を購入した。そして私の買った自転車はカゴが大きいや可愛らしいデザインなど女性に人気のタイプのもので、私はお金を貯めて購入した」 *そこまでフォーマルな言い方で英文でなくても大丈夫です。 (例えばhoweverなど) こちらの英文を添削お願いします。

• 英語の添削をお願いします!

10年後の自分を想像して10年前をふりかえる架空の話なんですが よかったら間違った言い回しや文法、おすすめの言葉などを 添削とともに指摘していただければ嬉しいです。 よろしくおねがいします。  It has been about 14 years now since I belonged to the group of Aboriginal people in Australia. I am now 35 years old. Looking back, I had specialized in Ethnology at university, because I was very interested in ethnological Art. I decided to broaden my outlook on life by traveling abroad, when I was 20 years old. Australia which I focused on was my first place for my investigation. There was an area called ‘aboriginal land’ which general people can’t enter without permission but I was allowed to enter it. I got to communicate with aboriginal people and gradually, they regarded me as a member of their family. At the time, I wouldn’t go back to Japan, so I naturally accepted their words that I originally belonged to here. Now, I have forgotten Japanese and I’m sure that I’m not Japanese any more. That’s my whole life so far, but I believe that I was able to find what I really wanted to do and how to enjoy the life.

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

できるだけ早くこの手紙にお返事いただければ幸いです。 I would appreciate it if you could reply to this letter as early as possible. 視野を広げるために、一人旅に出ることをお勧めします。 I suggest that you had better travel alone in order to be able to look at various things from various direction. 先日、人に勧められて高品質なイヤホンを1組買いました。(高価なものなので最初は買うのをためらっていたのですが、先週の水曜日にインターネットで注文してしまいました。今ではもっと早く買えばよかったと思っています。) ※()内を和訳せよ At first I hadn't wanted to buy it because it was expensive, but I asked to deliver it on the Internet last Wednesday. Now I think I should have buy it earlier. 以上3つの添削をお願いします できれば10点満点で点数をつけていただけると嬉しいです

• 添削お願いします

I posted about my summer on facebook. I researched and found that it tends to easy to obtain Likes when I posted holidays. I thought that 10 am is the best time to look my post, because 11:00 am is busy to ready for lunch and I found people who wake up at 9:00 am is most common in holidays on average. 「私の夏についてfacebookで投稿しました。調べると、土日に投稿するといいねを稼ぎやすい傾向にあるとわかりました。10時は私の投稿を見てもらうのに最適な時間だと考えました。なぜなら11時だと昼の準備で忙しいからです。また平均的に土日は9時に起きる人が多いとわかったからです。」 少し長くてすみません。 こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 On October Second ‘10 I had a holiday and went to car dealer. First, I went to Toyota to see Estima. As soon as I went there, I did test-drive one. It was comfortable, but it wasn’t more comfortable Alfard and Velfire. When all of salesman find I decided to buy a car, they surve me with the greatest survice. After Toyota, I went to Honda. But there was not a car I wanted. When I was about to leave the shop, the salesman tried to prevent me from leaving there by this way and that. When I was feeling an awkward situation, my mobile phone rang at a good timing. It called from Toyota and told me to leave my bag. I left there at once and came back Toyota to receive it. As soon as I arrived at there, the salesman brought my bag to me. I felt I was lucky, as I left the shop. If I left it another place, it wouldn’t come back me.

• 添削お願いします

It is important to concentrate on the speaking words, but it also important to conscious what words I speak next. In conclusion, about the first speech, I just read sentences that were written on my notecards, but it seems that I could improve it a bit. 「話している言葉に集中するのも大事だが、次何を話すかを意識することも大切だ。 結論、初めのスピーチではノートカードに書かれた文章をただただ読んでいただけだったが、少しは改善できたように思える。」 *こちらの英文を添削して欲しいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 添削お願いします。

こんばんは 和訳の添削お願い致します. (1)When I got back to Japan, I kept thinking about Alaska. →私が日本に帰ったときアラスカについて考え続けた。 (2)I felt that one day I wanted to live there. →私はある日そこですみたいと思った。 よろしくお願い致します

• 理由の否定がわかりません

I didn't go there because I wanted to see you.は状況や文脈にもよりますが (1)「私はあなたに会いたかったので,そこに行かなかった.(他の場所に居た.」 (2)「私はあなたに会いたかったからそこへ行ったわけではない.(「そこ」へは行った.が目的があなたに会うためではない.」 のどちらにも訳せると思います. I didn't go there, because I wanted to see you.は(1)(,が入った) It was because I wanted to see you that I didn't there.も(1) It wasn't because I wanted to see you that I went there.は(2) だと思います. では,forを使った目的も否定はどうすればはっきりするのですか? 例1:The children didn't shout for joy. (3)「その子供たちはうれしくて声をあげたわけではない.」 (4)「その子供たちはうれしくて,声も出なかった.」 例2:She didn't cry for help. (5)「彼女は助けを求めて叫ばなかった.」 (6)「彼女は助けを求めて叫んだわけではない.」 これらは文脈でわかる気がします.しかし自信がありません. 本当にわからないのは,前にある否定語(not)がforの後ろにかからないようにするにはどうすればいいのでしょう?