• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:lay a place setting)

What does 'lay a place setting' mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Laying a place setting refers to setting the table for a meal, including arranging the plates, cutlery, and glasses in their proper positions.
  • In this context, the writer is asking if it is wrong to want their son to help with cooking and doing the dishes, even though he already helps with other household tasks.
  • The advice given is to start including the son in meal preparation and teach him basic kitchen skills, as it is important for everyone to be familiar with cooking and setting the table.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"lay a place setting" 「食器一式を食卓に置く」 だと思います。 [ご参考]: https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=place+setting If he protests he doesn’t know how to lay a place setting and has never done any kitchen knife work, then tell him that’s partly your fault and it’s time to rectify that. もし彼が、自分は食器の並べ方を知らないし一度も包丁を使ったことがない、と抗議するのであれば、その責任の一部があなたにあることを認め、その穴埋めを今しようとしている、ということを彼に伝えるとよいでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• コービーがハワードに対して語ったものです。どなたか

和訳をお願い致します! "I hope he [returns]," Bryant said. "It's just a matter of what he feels in his heart and what he wants to do. He kind of has reached a crossroads in his career. I think Los Angeles is a perfect spot for him to assert himself and put his foot down and have his career really take off and be what it should be. There is no better place for centers to be than Los Angeles. "I will talk to him. Bring him out to the house, chill with him a little bit and watch another cartoon movie or something. We'll have a good time."

• よろしくお願いします

I have beautiful candy dishes for everyday use and for all the holidays. I love to fill them with expensive candy for looks. I don't have them all over the house. They're just in the living room and dining room. I don't keep them out all the time, but when I do put them out and fill them, I want the candy to stay. However, my husband just can't get it. I have treats in the cupboards and freezer for him, so he isn't ignored. He can have all he wants when I decide to change candy or put away the dishes, but he is always in the candy dishes. Another problem is that I have to hide goodies from him, or he will eat it all in no time. I will put candy, cookies and snacks in the freezer for our grandsons or company. he is always in the candy dishes.の訳をよろしくお願いします。あと、ここでのcompanyはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• without a peep

I have been happily married to my husband for two years. While he is loving, and a good provider, he is not overly romantic. I would love nothing more than for him to surprise me with some flowers one day because he was thinking of me, but he's never given me flowers. Valentine's Day comes and goes without a peep from him. ここでのwithout a peepはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• solid place

A halfway house is a house that gives people/individuals who are coming out of jail a stepping stone back into the community. It's a shared living environment which usually has some form of social structure and meetings to conduct daily life. They're very good concepts. I used to volunteer at one in Burlington, VT and it was a solid place. solid placeはどう訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I became disabled a few years ago. We have a younger child, a 16-year-old, and my main concern right now is protecting him. Robert is technically still my husband but is never around; he calls just to make sure I'm taking care of his stuff. He will be 59 1/2 in a few months, and he's planning on taking the money in his 401(k) and leaving us all. Robert and I have properties. He promised that each child would be added to the deed of one place. taking the money in his 401(k)は「401(k)(という年金)のお金をもらう」ということでしょうか? ここでのpropertiesの意味を教えてください。 deed of one placeとはどのような意味でしょうか? 以上、よろしくお願いします

• setting

The stone is deteriorating, and it’s in danger of falling out of the setting. 宝石の話なのですが、falling out of the settingとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

I just started dating a great guy. We’ve been out only a couple of times, but the spark is there. The trouble is that he has a bad background. His mom was an addict and his dad is in prison, and he bounced around from various troubled relatives until CPS intervened and put him in foster care. He was bounced from place to place and never bonded with anybody. He had a few brushes with drugs and the law, but nothing serious, had a few brushes with drugs and the lawの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• want him out

Two years ago my family had a run of bad luck, which landed us in a homeless shelter. I got an apartment fairly quickly, and it's mine and my daughter's. My mother was supposed to move in rent-free, but she brought her boyfriend, who I didn't want here. He's still here and barely contributes to the expenses. I recently lost my job and he promised to help out more financially, but he hasn't. He continues to mooch. This has caused so much stress between my mother and me. Hate is a strong word, but I hate him and want him out. want him outは「いなくなってほしい」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• resources

My eldest son is a 33-year-old heroin addict and has been since he was 19. It’s a horrible addiction, and at his lowest point last year he stole over $30,000 from his grandmother (my mother). Now he’s in jail facing felony charges. I’ve visited him twice, and he seems clean, which makes me happy, but my problem is that my mother wants me to help him when he gets out, and I don’t see how I can. He’s been “clean” so many times before, and he’s stolen from almost all of his family members, and I just don’t know how to trust him again. I also don’t know how long his sentence will be. He can’t stay with me; I live in a small loft with no doors and I’m very private. I let him stay once before when he was clean, but he thought I was too strict. I’m getting a lot of pressure to help him get back on his feet, and I’m being berated for not supporting him in his “time of need.” I don’t want him to be released with nowhere to go, however. I can’t afford to help him get an apartment, though my mother thinks I should. Am I a terrible parent for saying no? We live in Texas, where there are not many affordable resources. ここでのresourcesとは何のことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• benefits

5 p.m. — Head to a store that has my hard-to-find soap and chocolate. Buy that, plus toiletries, and wine. After that, I grab a cauliflower curry bowl from a fast-casual place I love ($10.10). They don't have an app, which is annoying, because I like earning points and free food. I almost never visit fast-casual places that don't offer that, but I don't go to this one often and it's nearby. I take the bus home to eat dinner and drink wine before my friend with benefits arrives. I haven't seen him in a while. It's a really great set-up because I'm not interested in dating, and neither is he, and we are truly good friends. my friend with benefitsとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします