• なぜ「was never responded to」のtoは必要なのかを解説します。
  • 「was never responded to」のtoは、動詞「respond」の目的語を表しています。
  • この表現は、何かに対する返答がなかったことを示しています。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

was never responded toのtoはなぜ必要なのでしょうか?  別に絶対「必要」ではありませんが、to のような前置詞があると次に来る名詞が欲しくなるのが人情で、「それに対しての」返事がこない、ことを強調することになると思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

"I have thought about it, but I haven't come to a decision about carrying a donor card yet. I don't like the thought of being cut up and my heart being taken out. I know I'd be dead and I wouldn't feel anything, but I still don't like the idea." "I'll never forget the time when my daughter was suffering from a kidney disease. In order to save her life, I decided to give one of my kidneys to her. Now she's fifteen years old and wonderfully strong and healthy. I'm sure that everyone should carry a donor card."

• よろしくお願いします

I have a 1-year-old daughter. On my days off, I like to try to get together with my friend, Stacey, a stay-at-home mom, and her 2-year old daughter and 1-year-old son. About a month ago, I accepted an invitation to her house and took my daughter to play with her children. My daughter had a head-cold—runny nose, occasional cough. I didn’t think it was a big deal since I would still have taken her to day care had it been a day that I was working. had it been a day that I was workingの意味と文法的解説をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします

Shocked to hear that his friend was waiting for a heart transplant,Robert Test decided to become an organ donor. This is what he wrote about his decision. At a certain moment,a doctor will decide that my brain has stopped functioning. When that happens, do not attempt to revive my body by the use of a machine. Give my eyes to a man who has never seen a sunrise,a baby's face, or love in the eyes of a woman. Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused him nothing but days of endless pain. Give my blood to a teenager who was seriously injured in a traffic accident,so that he or she might live and see his or her grandchildren playing.

• out of touch

I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I out of touch? ここでのout of touchはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書にそれらしき意味がないのですが・・よろしくお願いします

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします…

臓器売買事件のことなんですが… 英語苦手なのでよろしくお願いします。 Police raided a hospital in Ehime Prefecture on June 28 in connection with suspected organ trading in which a doctor, a gangster and three other people have been arrested. The move came after Noriko Horiuchi, the wife of the doctor, Toshinobu Horiuchi, 55, made a statement saying she had told surgeons at the hospital that her husband had paid money for a kidney and faked an adoption of a donor to qualify for the transplant that he underwent there last July, investigative sources said. (Kyodo News)

• 英訳お願いします。

「親愛なる家族への感謝を忘れない」という言葉を英訳したいのですが、 「I will never forget my gratitude for my dear family.」 「I never forget to be grateful to my dear family.」 どちらの英文が相応しいでしょうか? また、gratitudeとgratefulの違いは何でしょうか? 他に相応しい英文があれば教えて下さい。 ※自分は今まで家族にたくさん迷惑をかけてきました。その度に家族に助けられてきたので、その家族への感謝の気持ちを忘れないという気持ちを、英文で表したいのです。

• …under the Organ transplant Law that went into force in October 1997

以下は腎臓売買を扱った今朝の英字新聞The Japan Timesの1面の記事の冒頭部分です。 MATSUYAMA, Ehime Pref. (Kyodo) A man and woman were arrested Sunday and police raided a hospital in Ehime Prefecture over allegations that a kidney used in a transplant operation there had been purchased. It is the first time a criminal case has been established involving a suspected organ purchase, according to the police. Such transactions are illegal under the Organ transplant Law that went into force in October 1997.(以下省略) この最後の文に用いられている関係代名節を導くthatは固有名詞の先行詞the Organ transplant Lawを受けていると考えられます。しかし、学校文法では先行詞が固有名詞の場合、内在的に「定」であるためカンマなしの(制限用法の)関係代名詞節で修飾することはできないとされます。 上の ”…under the Organ transplant Law that went into force in October 1997” の部分のように固有名詞の先行詞のあとに見られるカンマなしの関係代名詞thatは現実に使われる英語ではよく見られる使い方と考えていいのでしょうか? それともこの記事は発信元が「共同」とあることから、必ずしも自然な英語にはなっていないと考えるべきでしょうか? 些細なことかもしれませんが気になっています。ご教示ください。

• acknowledge

I have been with my husband for five years. I have a daughter from a previous marriage who is now 10 and a 4-year-old daughter with my husband. Every year, his parents and other extended family acknowledge my younger daughter’s birthday. ここでのacknowledgeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 過去完了について

Doctors had suggested to the couple to terminate the pregnancy at 20 weeks as the baby's likelihood to have the same rare genetic disorder was high. http://www.lifebuzz.com/organ-transplant/ なぜDoctors had suggestedと過去完了が使われているのでしょうか?過去形ではダメなのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします