The Right Response to Apology from a Frustrated Mother on a Flight

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Glorious nothing. A friendly smile is a totally appropriate response to a casual apology from a stranger.
  • You were under no obligation to do anything other than politely acknowledge her apology.
  • Don't think your silent smile was the last straw that forced her over it.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

Dear Prudence, Recently, flying home from a business trip, the toddler seated on his mother’s lap behind me kicked my chair during the hourlong flight. I’m a mom too, and I know traveling with kids is hard, so I didn’t say anything. After we landed, I stood up to disembark and the woman apologized. I smiled but didn’t say anything; the woman turned to her companion and snapped, “Whatever! Kids are kids!” What’s the right thing to say in that situation? —Airplane Manners Nothing! Glorious nothing. A friendly smile is a totally appropriate response to a casual apology from a stranger. It would have been fine to say something like “I know traveling with kids is hard, it’s no problem,” but you were under no obligation to do anything other than politely acknowledge her apology. It sounds like this woman was more than a little on edge already, and you shouldn’t think your silent smile was the last straw that forced her over it. 最後のover itのoverはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

最後のover itのoverはどのような意味でしょうか?  文脈から、あなたがただ微笑して何も言わなかったことが、逆ギレの引き金になった最後の一本の藁だったということです。  したがって、この女をキレさせて、マナーの限度を「越える」ことになったのでしょう、という意味だと思います。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

noname#233424
noname#233424
回答No.1

overを検索すればいい

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えてください

(母親が子に甘いという文脈)His mother is sweet to a fault: She won’t raise her voice, she won’t punish or curtail bad behavior, and everything he does is a positive. Lately, however, I think he’s becoming too much for her. I get texts all day about his bad behavior breaking her down. When I say I hope he’s being made to experiences consequences, I get a desperate “How?!”’ or explanations that it’s too hard for her to do alone. I feel like as a new boyfriend it isn’t my place to be the disciplinarian, so unfortunately I sit by and watch him run rampant over her on a daily basis. he’s being made to experiences consequencesとrun rampant over her の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My grandma is 84 years old and still able to live independently. I spent time in her home a few years ago and discovered that she no longer showers because she is afraid of slipping. It also is too hard for her to step over the lip of the bathtub. step over the lip of the bathtubはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband and I have been married for just over a year. He is a hard worker and keeps busy doing little chores all the time. We’ve been running into a frequent problem lately, and it happened again this weekend. We were at a family vacation house, and the lawn needed to be mowed. It is a normal-size yard—kind of big, but not a field or anything. It took him five hours to mow. FIVE HOURS. He was on a riding lawn mower and went over it a zillion times. I swear—he’d go out with a pair of scissors to make sure it was perfect if that weren’t a crazy-person thing to do. went over itはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• Am I to be

I'm a professional woman with a wonderful husband-to-be and lots of close, amazing friends. To say the least, my twin and I do not have a good relationship. Am I to be subjected to her unkind behavior on such a happy day because it is the "proper" thing to do? Am I to be のところはWill I beということでしょうか?その場合、何かニュアンスの違いはあるのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am a college-age woman who recently got out of an almost yearlong polyamorous relationship with another woman and a man (they were pre-involved for years). It was a spectacularly awful breakup. At the moment, the male partner and I are dating, but the other woman is out due to attempted physical assault and anger issues. the other woman is outはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• hold out for an apology

I asked for an apology, but she says she did nothing wrong, and that my mother deserves to know anything that is said about her. I asked my mother for an apology for spying on her adult daughter, and she said I should apologize for the things I've said. This has made me feel like an outsider in my own family, and I don't really want anything to do with any of them. Can I hold out for an apology? 最後のCan I hold out for an apology? はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

My boyfriend and I have a temporary roommate (we’re halfway through her six-month lease) and I am wondering if it’s OK to ask her to at least play music or turn the tv on when she and her boyfriend have sex. Our bedroom is several rooms away from hers, and it sounds like she is right next to us. This isn’t to mention how awkward it is when we’re sitting in the living room with guests (like, our parents for example!) which is next to her bedroom and they are seriously going at it. This isn’t to mention how awkward it isはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 文章の意味を教えてください

この文章の意味を教えてください! ↓ 「 Hello and i'm. 」 「 At the time when the president not come how you did it. 」 「 It is sudden and is bad , but will return to japan. 」 「 Hey, it is Colla!It is a meaning to say how‼︎ 」 「 Then in such a thing, run later again. 」

• どのような意味でしょうか

My ex-husband and I split up over five years ago. My daughter was just turning 4 and had a difficult time, but I did everything I could to make the transition easy. We never did anything “officially,” and although her father was horrible to me, he was an excellent dad and I supported them seeing each other every chance they could. In the beginning, he would only take her for a few hours some days and overnight occasionally. ここでのtake herはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• what の意味について

2人の会話が以下のようにあります。 Angela: Ugh! I hate talking to Rebecca. Every time I ask her a question, she ignores me or sneers at me. Ronny: Are you sure it’s not your imagination? She’s perfectly nice to me. Angela: It’s not my imagination. When I try to tell her something, she cuts me off. When I try to explain something to her, she’s short with me or talks over me. I always get the feeling that she’s looking down her nose at me. Ronny: Maybe she feels threatened by you. Angela: How so? Ronny: You’re younger, smarter, and better educated. She might feel like you’re after her job. Angela: But I’m not! I just started here and I don’t have any designs on replacing her. Ronny: And you’re prettier than she is. Angela: What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true? とまだ次に続くのですが、最後の文の “What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true?” は、 “What does that have to do with ~?” で、「~とどういう関係があるのか」という言い回しがあるようですが、 What と、that を文法的に教えていただきたいのです。 have to do with =~と関係がある という意味ですが、 先の疑問文を通常文(肯定文)にしたらどうなるのでしょうか。 that は、She(Angela) is prettier than she(Rebecca) is. を指し、 what は、この場合は漠然とした意味でsomething 又はit と考え、 That have something ( 又は it?) to do wiht something. としました。 疑問文にすると、that (AngelaがRebeccaよりもかわいい)ということで、「何と」(haveの後のsomething)、「何か」(withの後のsomething)がと関係あるのか? ちなみに、解説では、 “What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true?”meaning why is that important that I may be prettier than she is. とあります。 あまり質問が上手に説明できていませんが、よろしくお願いいたします。