Affair with the Boss: A Love Story

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A love story that began with an affair between a young woman and her boss.
  • Despite the challenges, the affair led to a happy marriage that has lasted 25 years.
  • The woman reflects on the consequences of her actions and her role as a stepmother.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

よろしくお願いします

When I was young, I had an affair with my boss. We fell in love, got married, and, 25 years later, are still happily together. When our affair began, we were both in unhappy relationships. Ending mine was simple—my boyfriend and I shared only a mortgage and a cat. My husband, however, was married with two young children. He and his wife had been fighting for years, and it was clear the marriage was going to end eventually. However, I didn’t know that at the time, and I only went ahead with the affair because I didn’t think about the repercussions. I’ve tried to be a good stepmother to the two girls. I’ve had a cordial relationship with their mother since their divorce, and when the girls were younger, I took my cues from their mother about attending “family” events. shared a mortgageとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、 took my cuesの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4129/5365)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。shared a mortgageとはどういうことでしょうか? 「住宅クローン」を共有した。すなわち、「(共有財産といえば)一緒に借りた返済すべきローンが残っているのと猫1匹」と言うことでしょう。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=mortgage 2。 took my cuesの意味も教えてください。   took my cues は、下記のように「(~から)ヒントを得る」と言う意味です。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=take+cue  「家族」の集まりに出るか出ないかは、彼女たちの母(=先妻の)からのヒントに従っていた、と言うことでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご返信が遅れました。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• llilli
  • ベストアンサー率17% (8/47)
回答No.2

shared a mortgageとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、 took my cuesの意味も教えてください それぞれを検索すればいいだけですが

関連するQ&A

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband’s father died just before we got married, 17 years ago. He had been married to a woman with three daughters of her own, and the two had just had another baby girl at the time of his death. My husband and his brothers had a contentious relationship with their stepmother and stepsisters, and cut them out of their lives entirely after their father’s estate was settled. their father’s estate was settledはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本訳してください!

下記内容を日本訳してください 宜しくお願いします When I was a child my parents got divorced. I was 3 years old. I didnt meet my father until I was 20 years old. I grew up very poor and had to spend many nights at home alone because my mother would work late in a factory. Now my mother and father have both married to new people and Ryan is just a child they had from another marriage. When the marriage is broen often the children are forgotten about.

• 適語補充問題です。

各組の英文がほぼ同じ内容を表すように、空所に最も適当な語句を入れよ。 ただし、一語とは限らない。  I am sorry I wasted my time when I was young. I wish I ( ) my time when Iwas young. という問題です。  had had good use of と had well used のふたつを考えてみました。 どちらがより適当なのでしょうか? 両方違うかもしれませんが。。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の訳の一文 いまいち上手に訳せない

訳おねがいいたします。 my heart was full of joy to think of the fine surprise they would have when i revealed to them that i was their son, and that i had come back home laden with gold and welth.    以上です。大体は理解できるのですが上手に訳せません。お願いします。

• in vs at

My niece was married at city hall nearly two years ago. My wife and I attended the ceremony, and afterward, we went to lunch. Two weeks later, they had a small catered reception at his grandmother's house. My wife and I attended and gave them a card with a check. Now they want to have their wedding blessed in a church. a card with a checkは「小切手付きのカード」でしょうか?あと、in a churchの代わりにat a churchは言えるでしょうか?なぜatではなくinなのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の英文がわかりません;

When l married my husband,six years ago,he already had four small children from his previous marriage. l became their stepmother,and watched them become young teenagers. Although they lived primarily with their mother,they spent a lot of time with us as well. 0ver the years,we all learned to adjust. We enjoyed vacations together,ate family meals,worked on homework,played baseball,rented videos. However,I continued to feel somewhat like an outsider. Since l had no children of my own,my experience of parenting was limited to my husband's four,and often l felt sad because l would never know the special bond that exists between a parent and a child.   When the children moved to a town that was a five-hour drive away,my husband was understandably upset. We promptly set up an e-mail and chat-line service. This technology,combined with the telephone,would enable us to reach the children on a daily basis by sending frequent notes and messages,and even chatting together when we were all on-line.

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am 56 years old. When I was 44, my wife and I divorced after 17 years of marriage. I think we were lovely parents to two amazingly independent and strong daughters. They are now 22 and 26. I feel that I was married at the perfect age, 28, and my wife was 25. We had a very good run, and we did a good job of co-parenting after we divorced, ここでのrunはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• references

I am a professional married woman in my late 30s with small children. My husband and I met when we were in the same prestigious grad school program. I had better grades, internship experiences, and references, and had great job prospects out of school, while he struggled to get an offer. ここでのreferencesはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

When my neighbors take their annual two-week vacation, I water their extensive flowers every day and take in their mail. I've been doing this for 10 years, and all I ever received was a thank-you and a few daylily transplants. Recently, I had a severe bout with diverticulitis and was in a lot of pain. I could hardly pick up my own mail, much less theirs. This didn't make the wife happy. extensive flowersは「たくさんの花」でしょうか?あと、This didn't make the wife happy.のThisはThatやItでも良いのでしょうか?違いは生じるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どうなっているのでしょうか

I'm having an affair with my doctor. He presented himself as a single guy who "did not want to commit." Later, I discovered he was married, but I continued to see him. A year passed, and I realized he'd started another relationship besides those with his wife and me. besides those with his wife and meのところは構造的にどうなっているのでしょうか?意味もよろしくお願いします