• 締切済み

訳がわかりません

In John's declining years Tom described his contribution as ‘such a miserable, stillborn, bungling piece of work that even so great a genius as John could not bring it to life’. この訳を教えていただきたいです。 特にthat以下の文法がよくわかりません。 回答よろしくお願い致します。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15294/33013)
回答No.1

1。訳  ジョンの晩年についてトムはジョンの貢献を「ジョンのような偉大な天才によっても生き返らせることのできない、かくも、哀れで、死産で、出来損ないの作品」と述べた。 2。特にthat以下の文法がよくわかりません。  先行詞:piece of work     作品  関係代名詞;that  関係節の主語:even so great a genius as John ジョンのような偉大な天才でさえ  関係節の動詞:could not bring         もたらす  関係節の目的語:it              それに   関係節の副詞句:to life’.            生命を  

adgjmpt1234567
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。理解しました。

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

長文ですいませんが お願いします Greatly interested in John's work, Lucas chose him to write the music for "Star Wars." This brought John his third Oscar. This piece fascinated even those who were certain that classical music is the best. よろしくお願いします

• この英文の訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。

この英文の訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 The musical genius was initially cool towards the profession that would later bring him great fame, leading a happy and not too burdened, learning his lessons, whatever they were, easily and quickly.

• 和訳してください(>_<)

Williams' sound is firmly based on classical music. The theme of "Star Wars" is one such example and is one of John's favorite film scores. This piece fascinated even those who were certain that classical music is the best. Since "Schindler's List" in 1993, Williams' sound has become more and more classical and is now enjoyed by serious music lovers as well as by movie fans. Concerts where his scores are played take place all over the world. But John's love for film music has never changed. He believes that in the years to come, more composers will become interested in composing for films. John once said, "In the 21st century, filmmaking will surely see its full development. I think it's really important that we make movies as exciting as possible. I hope that our children will all want to go and watch movies."

• 英文の訳

That is, if a semantic error take twice as many minutes to repair as a syntactic error, it also takes twice as many hours, seconds or years to repair. コンマが多くてどう訳せばいいのか分かりません。どなたかご教授お願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Setting up the wall of sound. Tomorrow is day 1 of tracking! What better way to record a debut album than with Brendan Benson as producer and Tom Morello as exec. producer? Bring that shit! ※『Brendan Benson』と『Tom Morello』は人物名です。

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします (8) The Egyptians even fashioned an inhaler for asthmatics, "bring seven stones and heat them on fire. Take one of them, place parts of these drugs over it, cover it with a new jar with a pierced bottom. Introduce a tube of reed through this hole and put your mouth on this tube so that you swallow its fumes." Experience taught the doctors that there were some things beyond their skill, just as there are today. When examining "a patient with stomach disease suffering from pain in the arms, in the breat and on one side of the stomach" doctors were advised to "say ‘death threatens.’" The symptoms described what we now know is a heart attack.

• as recently as

That earthquake in Mexico happened a long time ago, didn't it?" "No, it was 【as recently as】 last year. のas recently as がよくわかりません。 普通の as ~ as は、 Tom is as tall as John. だと、Tom is tall.という文が隠されています。 It was as white as snow. にしても It was white. が隠されています。 I walked as far as the station.も I walked far.が元にあります。 しかし、それなら、it was 【as recently as】 last year. は、It was recently.となってよさそうなものですが、そうはなりません。どうしてでしょうか?

• bring me into the fold

My girlfriend of three years has become obsessed with astrology. I support her observation of the discipline, but now that we are more serious as a couple, she is trying to bring me into the fold. bring me into the foldはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語教えてください!

英語教えてください。意味合いが会って通じればいいんですけど あっていますか? また※のところはわからないので教えていただけたらうれしいです。 これはTomと僕の親しい友人とのチャットだ。 There is a Tom and my best friends chatting 彼女はとても美しく、聡明な女性だ。 She's intelligent and modest and, what is more, very beautiful Tomが彼女にであったのは4年前になる。 Tom met my friend 4years ago 彼は彼女に夢中だよ 今でも同じさ He was crazy for my friend and even now 結局Tomは振られたけどね。彼はいまだに諦めない。 ※ 僕は君とTomがうまくいってほしいと思っている。 ※ 君が彼を愛しているならTomをうまくコントロールしてほしい。 ※ そうじゃないとこの先もずっとTomは僕の友人を口説くだろうから。 ※ 彼女も迷惑しているんだよ。 ※ ただ僕が君の友達だったら、彼とは別れろというだろうけどね。 If we are good friends You got to let him go! I think that you will say this Tomはまじで最低なヤロウだから。 Your boyfriend still a douchebag

• 日本語訳をお願いいたします。

The Allied Powers agreed that the German withdrawal from Luxembourg would be observed by the United States, and that the USA would receive the honour of liberating the captive country. On 18 November, General John Pershing issued a proclamation to the people of Luxembourg, stating that the United States' newly formed Third Army would move through Luxembourg to occupy the German Rhineland, but that the Americans would come as allies and as liberators: