• ベストアンサー

it is what it is

My family has never been particularly close, emotionally. I have only one sibling, an older sister, who lived nearby until she retired elsewhere about four years ago. (I found out she was moving because my daughter read about it on Facebook -- but it is what it is.) it is what it isの意味をよろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

it is what it isの意味をよろしくお願いします。  それはそう(=それだけのこと)です。(血を分けた姉ですから、もっと近いのが普通なのかもしれませんが)事実そうなのです  (姉が一人四年ほど前に退職して近くに住んでいましたが、娘がフェイスブックで読むまで姉が引っ越したことも知らなかった、でも)そういう有様です。

corta
質問者

お礼

お世話になります。ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• なぜ、「そういうことなんだ」の英訳が「That's what this is all about」なの?・・・

先日、テレビで語学番組を見ていた折、次のフレーズがでてきました。 (Aさんの説明を受けて) Bさん:I see. That's what this is all about. 上の文は「なるほど。そういうことなんだ。」という意味なのですが、なぜそういう意味になるのか分りません。「I see」はいいのですが、「That's what this is all about」がなぜ「そういうことなんだ」となるのでしょうか? また、「So that's how it was」を「そういうことなんだ」という意味で使ってもいいでしょうか? どなたかお分かりの方がおられましたらご教授お願いします。

• what is worseを使いたいです。

書きたい内容は 「さらに悪いことに、私は年をとるにつれて頭痛をもたらす強い日差しが嫌になってきた」です。 What is worse is that as I get older, I have come to dislike the blazing sun which can cause me a headache. このように書くのがいいのか、 What is worse, as I get older, I have come to dislike the blazing sun which can cause me a headache. こう書く方がいいのかわかりません・・・ まったくへんだと言われてもめげません。 アドバイスお願いします。

• Bad as it is

She sleeps late, so I can't go into the kitchen to make breakfast because I might wake her, and we're forced to hide our snacks so she won't eat them. Bad as it is, the worst part is that my fiancé is bringing in zero income. His credit has gone down the tubes, he's about to lose his car—everything. Bad as it isはどう訳すでしょうか?His credit has gone down the tubesは「彼の信用t isはなくなった」で良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• ここのit isは、省けるのですか?

I have never heard of ○ but if you know where it is we should go. I cannot find △ in my book but if you know where we can go. 上の文はit isがあって下の分はit is が無いのには理由があるんですか?上と下ではさらにshouldとcanで、ちがってるんですが、it isとこれは関係ないですよね? 上はそこに行こっか 下は行こう こんな感じだと思いますが・・・ お願いします

• whatとthat

(1) ( ) I want you to think about for a moment is what happens after you do it. (2) That main problem for me is ( ) I am always sleepy. ( )に当てはまる語を選べという問題で、(1)はwhatで(2)はthatです。 質問は、両方とも「~こと」という文節になるのになぜ(2)はwhatではダメなのでしょうか。

• for what he was

Abby had an emotionally abusive alcoholic father, and she recognized my boyfriend for what he was. for what he wasとfor who he wasの違いについて教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• whatの用法がわかりません

The work of NGOs like MSF is helping to solve many of the world's problems, but there is much more to do. It is my hope that many more Japanese will volunteer for such work go and see more of world, and begin to have a sense of compassion for people who need help. Such volunteers will find that they get as much as they give. In my own case, the experience not only gave direction to my life but also gave me an opportunity to think about what it is to live as a human being. 最後の文のwhat it is to live as a human being.のwhatはどういう意味ですか? わかる方教えてください

• cost what it may という表現

cost what it may[費用がいくらかかろうとも, どんなことがあっても] Cost what it may, I will accomplish my purpose. どんなことがあっても目的を達成してみせる. この表現ですが、語順が普通じゃないところを見ると、省略や倒置があるような気があるのですが、元はどのような文なのでしょうか? また、itは何を指すのでしょうか?

• itが指しているものが分からない

某参考書の例題です To be informed is to know simply that something is a fact. To understand is to konw everything about the fact : why it is a fact, what its connections are with other facts, in what ways it is the same, in what ways it is different; in other words, what the fact means. この文の why it is a fact, what its connections are with other facts, in what ways it is the same, in what ways it is different のitは何を指すのでしょうか?

• 区切りの使い方 何故ofなのか?

I don't mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead about a door-nail. 上記、, of my own knowledge, のofの使い方?と”, ,の使い方が分からないので教えてください よろしくお願いします