• ベストアンサー

carrying the baby to term

Nearly 40 years ago, my daughter had an abortion. She was 17, and there was no possibility of carrying the baby to term and having it be adopted. carrying the baby to termはどのよな意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

carrying the baby to termはどのよな意味でしょうか?  赤ちゃんを妊娠から分娩まで(=中絶しないで)お腹に持っていることです。 term birth は、下記のように「満期産」のことです。 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=term

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• keep to the terms

My husband and I are very well-off and have no children. I have several nieces and nephews, and years ago we offered to pay for their college tuition. About five years ago, my nephew lied to his parents and us and failed out of his freshman year, wasting over $20,000. We both were furious and since then have added some conditions to our offer. We wouldn’t pay for the tuition upfront but reimburse the complete cost after the semester was over if they had a GPA of 2.5. We feel that is more than reasonable and have seen three of my nieces graduate debt-free. My problem is my sister’s youngest girl is failing this semester at a very prestigious university and will be on academic probation next year. My sister wants us to still write the check, and I told her we would do so if my niece kept to the terms. keep to the termsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英語問題

(it) The lady found (1) interesting (2) to know (3) how the story would end(4). (to him) The idea came (1) one day when he noticed (2) that his daughter was playing (3) with baby dolls(4). (is)The picture (1) on the right (2) the high school building (3) which was built 40 years ago and (4) demolished last year. カッコの中の語をどの番号に入れるのが一番適切ですか?

• what he was と what he used to beについて

He is not what he was.(彼は昔の彼ではない)は He is not what he used to be.と書き換えられますが。 He is not what he was 10 years ago.を He is not what he used to be 10 years ago.としても文法的に正しいですか? used to beを使う場合は~years agoと表現することはできないのでしょうか? 専門家の方に回答をおねがいします。

• 完了形 to have ~ について

手元にある問題集に、 It's said that he was in Paris three years ago. この英文を、 He is said to have been in Paris three years ago. このように書き換えができると書いてあります。 原則的に、完了形ではagoなど特定の過去を表す言葉は使えないと中学で習ったような気がするのですが、今回の場合は例外なのでしょうか? それとも、僕の解釈そのものが間違っているんでしょうか? 解説をぜひお願いしたいです。

• on his own terms

My grandfather passed away three years ago. It was the first death in the family I’ve experienced. I was absolutely in bits when he died. He was very healthy all of my life until that point. He had an ongoing “flu” for a couple weeks that turned out to be cancer, and he passed within a month of letting all of the immediate family know about the diagnosis. He did not opt for treatment that would have lengthened his life, which I absolutely am grateful for. He passed on his own terms in his home. He passed on his own terms「自分が思うがままに死んだ」?でしょうか?どういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 分詞構文

Built more than five thousand years ago, the Pyramids still remain nearly perfect. この分詞構文の文なんですが、受け身の分詞構文ということはわかるのですが、立てらたのはひとつ前の時制なので、Having builtではないのでしょうか? 間違いでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland is considering having another Big Bang Baby with new wife Jamie Wachtel. Weiland told HamptonRoads, “Now we're married, and it's awesome,” he said. “I think we're going to … we've been talking about the possibility of having another addition to the family.” Weiland had two children with his ex-wife Mary. His son Noah is 13 years old, and his daughter Lucy is 11. Noah made guest appearances on stage at STP shows in 2010 and 2012. Noah, Lucy, and the other STP kids all came on stage at the end of STP's second to last show with Weiland last September.

• two years before

He wanted to revise the terms of the contract he had signed when he entered the company two years ( ). 彼は2年前に入社したときにサインをした契約書の条件を変更したいと思った。 (A) previously (B) ago (C) early (D) before 答えは(D)です。 (B)にしてしまったのですが、いまいち解釈の仕方がわかりません。。 どなたか宜しくお願いいたします!

• よろしくお願いします

Two years ago, when my (male) cousin was engaged, I attended his fiancée's bridal shower. The shower was lovely and the bride's registry was extravagant (to say the least). the bride's registry was extravagantとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 質英作文の問題です よろしければ添削お願い致します

(簡単なご指摘で大助かりです) - テキストの正解: The TV can't be fixed. It was made ten years ago and the parts are no longer available. ※このテレビは10年も前に作られたものなので、部品がなくて修理が出来ません。 私の文: This television was made ten years ago, so we can't get parts to fix it. よろしくお願いいたします。