大学進学を避けるための選択肢とは?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 高校卒業後すぐに大学に進学し、大学卒業後すぐに仕事に就くといった一直線の人生を送ることは必ずしも法律で決まっているわけではありません。
  • ギャップイヤーや最低賃金の臨時の仕事など、さまざまな選択肢や機会が存在します。
  • 自身の選択肢を考えたり、視点を変えたり、世界を探求するためには、まっすぐ進学することは必ずしも必要ではありません。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

(大学へ行くのが嫌だという相談投稿に対して回答者が)There's no law that says you have to go straight from high school to college, and straight from college to a career, without ever stopping to consider your options, change your perspective, or explore the world. Gap years are a thing. Minimum-wage temp jobs are a thing. ここでのa thingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

ここでのa thingはどのような意味でしょうか?  下記の、3、4.3、6、の意味で「みんなやってる」「今流行りの(こと)」でしょう。  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=a+thing  下記の定義もあります。  https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/144171/phrasal-verb-be-a-thing

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えて欲しいです。

This shows us how two people from different cultures can see the same thing and interpret it in very different ways. 大まかには意味が分かってるのですが、howとcanをどう訳したらいいのかよく分からなくて困っています。 もう一文、 Without being detached, we may jump to inaccurate conclusions-e.g. "Wow,Arabs are pushy", or "Wow, Japanese are shy"- without stopping to consider if the reason that one is reaching that way is a lack of understanding of how Arabs or Japanese communicate among themselves. という文で、without stopping to consider if the reason that one is reaching that way の部分がよく分からなく、このifってどう訳したらいいのでしょうか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を購入予定です。注文の事で相手に質問したら返事が来ました。すみませんが意味を教えて下さい。 SAM came back to office and I’m working on your order sheet. I believe you already confirm with SAM but let me make sure. Minimum orders AAA is 1 pcs BBB is 2 pcs but we are going you to order just 1pcs minimum. So from below list I’m going to change quantities to where minimum is more closer.

• 次の英文の意味を教えて頂きたいのですが.

次の英文の意味を教えて頂きたいのですが. Ratio of average distance from area1 to straight line A to average distance to straight line B 「area1から直線Aまでの平均距離と直線Bの平均距離の比」って訳してみたのですが, いまいち意味がとれなくて困っています. よろしくお願いします.

• 「~時代の」の英訳

英辞朗に (1)The newlyweds were classmates in junior high school (2) friend from college days (3)fit back into one's old jeans from high school (4)you don't have any of your friends from high school というような例文があります。 ~時代のクラスメート/友人/ジーンズというような時、inであったり、fromであったりするのですが、何か違いがあるのですか。 「大学時代の友達に会った」は I came across with a friend of mine in/from collage. どちらでもよいのですか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文解釈

英文解釈がわかりません。 Each generation has access to a heritage from which to derive perspective. この訳がわかりません。 特にこの部分の構造がわからないんです。 access to a heritage from which to derive perspective. 教えていただけませんか。 よろしくお願いします。

• 至急 この英文訳をお願いします!!

The number of students receiving athletic scholarships is not necessarily proportional to the number of high school students participating in the sport. For example, basketball is one of the most popular sports among high school boys, but only about 7, 500 male college students are on scholarships in the sport. This means only one in 72 high school basketball players receives a college scholarship, compared to one in 23 in ice hockey

• この意味を教えてください

1) A copy of your Business License and/or Tax ID Number ビジネスライセンスと税金ナンバーってなんでしょうか? 2) A signed letter stating all products purchased from ショップ名 are for resell only. これはどういった手紙を送ってくださいという意味合いでしょうか? Send your materials and contact information to: ここのmaterialsは材料と訳されてしまうのですが一体どういう意味でしょうか

• この otherwise はどういう意味ですか?

下記の文中のotherwise はどいう意味で使われていますか。また、和訳に間違い等ございましたら、ご指摘ください。よろしくお願いします。 “They hold normal jobs, they have families, they pay bills. They are otherwise upstanding people who have what we consider to be a deviant or odd hobby," he said. 彼らは普通に働いており、家庭を持っており、支払いもちゃんと行います。 その他の点では、真っ直ぐな性格で、私たちが変人だと思ったり、おかしな趣味を持っていたりします。 --補足-- 【前後の分】 Another researcher taking a scientific look at paranormal belief is Sociology Professor Carson Mencken, at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. He and his colleagues have found that those who believe in these phenomena are usually ordinary, solid citizens. “They hold normal jobs, they have families, they pay bills. They are otherwise upstanding people who have what we consider to be a deviant or odd hobby," he said. 【出展】 VOA:http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Experts-Say-Belief-in-Paranormal-Common-in-US-127497953.html

• 意味を教えてください

My boyfriend of two years is sweet, smart, funny, and we have what I would consider to be a great relationship. We are open with each other about any problems that arise and understand that both of us have been in a couple serious, long-term relationships in the past, which we can easily talk about. However, a few months ago I glimpsed a text thread on his phone with his ex-girlfriend from high school, and, upon further investigation, realized that they’ve spoken every few days for what seems to be months. every few days for what seems to be monthsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 翻訳お願い致します。

ほかに注文はないか?と聞いているのだと思うのですが・・・ Your minimum order amount is £350.00 and we are just a little short on this order, would there be any other products by any chance what you may need to order? I look forward to hearing back from you.